【 Dir En Grey 】 The Thread

Guest sHIK-kUN

Guest ladyyehse

ahhh i can't believe i can't see them :( im missing out on a lot of concerts this year... stupid college.

anna, please buy me something cool and ship it up to me in Boston. i will love you lots <3 lol :D

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RYUUSEi

This thread is disturbingly quiet for a band like Dir en grey, what the hell.

Let's discuss something. Like, what do you guys think about Kyo's new hair? Or what song are you anticipating/hoping for the most, if you're going to see them this tour?

Guest kiralz0mg

I got my ticket on thursday.. haha omg it wass nerve wracking waiting for them D:

Kyo's new hair is pretty cool. I like it and i really really wan't to hear The Final and Ain't afraid to die.

Omg the concert is tomorrow and i'm getting nervous of the crowd >_<;; i don't like moshing and i reallly don't want to faint LOLOL. I was reading this girl's MYV experience at the same venue and it just sounds so.. dangerous and scary? haha.. I got the vip tickets and i wanna be up front sooo bad but i don't want them crazy people beating me up to get my spot D:

Guest precious4e

ahhh i can't believe i can't see them :( im missing out on a lot of concerts this year... stupid college.

anna, please buy me something cool and ship it up to me in Boston. i will love you lots <3 lol :D

you can't go to the boston show?

and haha i'll see. I haven't bought Diru merch in a while. And I'm really bad at going to the post office to mail stuff. I was supposed to mail this mug to my cousins in Canada like a month ago and I still haven't.

I got my ticket on thursday.. haha omg it wass nerve wracking waiting for them D:

Kyo's new hair is pretty cool. I like it and i really really wan't to hear The Final and Ain't afraid to die.

Omg the concert is tomorrow and i'm getting nervous of the crowd >_<;; i don't like moshing and i reallly don't want to faint LOLOL. I was reading this girl's MYV experience at the same venue and it just sounds so.. dangerous and scary? haha.. I got the vip tickets and i wanna be up front sooo bad but i don't want them crazy people beating me up to get my spot D:

Whaa?! Moshing is good times! Some one pushes you, you push back! =D

lol don't worry about it. The point of moshing isn't to beat each other up. It's just a lot of pushing and shoving, but most of the time it's nothing that will end up with a bloody nose - the only time that ever happens is when there's an idiot amongst the crowd. Besides, at the Diru concert I was at last year there wasn't really any mosh pits. Lots of jumping around and some crowd-surfers, but that's about it. I actually felt like I was the only one headbanging, lol. You should do fine. It's them Hardcore Punk concerts you need to worry about.... ._.

Hardcore punk moshing

I don't think you'll see any of that at a Diru concert, haha. I wonder though....Has Diru ever incited a Wall of Death (a.k.a The Braveheart)? Those look fun. =D

Insane Wall of Death

Ah, Wacken Open Air.....one of these days I must attend this festival. Diru played their in 2007! And they weren't the only Asian band there, Taiwanese Black Metal band ChthoniC was there that year too! Represent! \m/

Or what about circle pits?

Friggin' Gigantic Circle Pit

lol you'd think these things would be pretty dangerous, but I've never heard about anyone ever getting seriously injured in either of these types of moshes. After all, Metal etiquette 101- you see someone fall, you pick them up immediately. We're all a big family at concerts. =)

I hope Diru has mosh pits, lol.

Guest RYUUSEi

^Either I've only been going to brutal concerts, or you've been very lucky. I've never heard, seen or experienced the whole "if someone falls, you pick them up immediately", LOL, everybody looks after themselves. I'm scared to death of falling in mosh-pits because I know I'll get stomped on and killed, haha.

Only 18 days left 'til I see the boys live again. Blah, I seriously thought I would just be able to mosh and fight my way to the front like I always do but if there's gonna be crappy rails standing in my way then I'm screwed. <_<Is it possible to climb over them?

I got my ticket >_<;; i don't like moshing and i reallly don't want to faint LOLOL. I was reading this girl's MYV experience at the same venue and it just sounds so.. dangerous and scary? haha.. I got the vip tickets and i wanna be up front sooo bad but i don't want them crazy people beating me up to get my spot D:

^The Final is one of their most frequently played songs at their shows (it's almost always included on their set lists), I guess they've noticed it pumps up the crowd, so there's a big chance you'll hear it. And don't worry, you won't faint if you just make sure to drink plenty of water before the show to not get dehydrated. Don't make my mistake and ignore that advice - I ended up fainting when I saw BRING ME THE HORIZON & my guy friend had to carry me outside, haha, pissed me off. Anyways, hope you had a good time!

Guest kiralz0mg

^ haha really? I've always thought the general rule at a concert is if you see someone fall down pick them up immediately D: And with the diru concerts I've been to in Toronto, if you faint the security guards carry you out. I hate mosh pits because im really skinny and i get hurt easily ahaha

The diru concert i went to last year there was alot of pushing and swaying from one side to another and i was really close to losing my balance a couple times so i decided to just head towards the back where i can still see them perfectly, get fresh air and have my personal space lawl. This year im going with my friend and i guess he can protect me teehee. Woot a couple more hours and i'll see them <3

And would it be weird if i were to bring one of their old cds to sign? :/ It's the only cd i have of theirs and this is their first time doing a meet and greet in Toronto o:

^Either I've only been going to brutal concerts, or you've been very lucky. I've never heard, seen or experienced the whole "if someone falls, you pick them up immediately", LOL, everybody looks after themselves. I'm scared to death of falling in mosh-pits because I know I'll get stomped on and killed, haha.

Honestly, I can't speak from experience since I hardly ever go to concerts (time, money, and transportation constraints -_-;; ) but from what I've seen through youtube videos and peoples' comments, it seems like it's fairly common practice.

Circle pit, guy at 0:25 falls and gets picked right back up

same circle pit as above - watch the beginning carefully, two guys fall and are immediately picked back up by at least 2-3 guys

This is at Wacken Open Air. That's like, 70,000-90,000 big, tough, drunk Europeans creating some of the craziest mosh pits ever, and yet despite this, no one's ever been critically injured at Wacken - as far as I know. They all follow the rule of helping each other up when you take a fall. Maybe it's just more so a European thing? Or maybe it's something that pertains primarily to circle pits and walls of death. I dunno.

Guest ladyyehse

@anna: yeah i can't make it to the boston one cause i have activities planned for that day for my preorientation program :( if you can, that'd be awesome. if not ohwell :( have fun at tomorrow's show!

but anyways to be on topic. i cannot believe i'll miss both of their shows. i'm so sad D:

and about moshpits... i haven't really been in one? i think i'm usually right outside of them so i just get shoved around a little but its not too bad. the only bad thing is that i get squished and im sweating and its just really nasty, but in the end its really fun and enjoyable. i love going to concerts :D

Guest kiralz0mg

well well i came back from the show. my left side i soaked in sweat haha.. since bought me and my friend manage to snag a spot on the front row o: and omg my body is bruised lawl.. im surprise i didn't faint.. and the front row experience is really something LOL.

Have fun tonight New Yorkers~~~

Guest precious4e

So I just got back from the NYC show.

It wasn't their best show IMO but I still enjoyed it.

I think nothing beats them headlining by themselves.

Some info on VIP tix for you guys going to upcoming shows:

If you got VIP tickets you will be let in before the general crowd to meet the band. You get a cool laminated "Dir en grey VIP" tag to wear. At the meet and greet you'll get a poster that each member will sign (it's just the DEG/Apocalyptica tour banner...not really a Diru poster). I got to meet all five members and shake their hands (Kyo has a death grip). Pictures WERE allowed at the M&G so bring a camera if you want. Most people got pics with Die because he's at the end of the table lol. Afterward you can go to the pit.

So basically if you got VIP tickets you are guaranteed a pretty good spot. I got first row towards the far left of the stage because I was last in the VIP line but it was first row none the less. And I only got to the venue less than an hour before doors officially opened!! If you did not get VIP tickets then you most likely will not get a good front row center spot not matter how early you camp out. But you can get second row or a left over spot in the far ends of first row.

Some random bits on the show:

Diru went on before Apocalyptica so you don't have to wait TOO long for their set.

The crowd was not that crazy. Only one girl got pulled from the pit AFTER the set was done.

Kyo has a new full back tattoo! :w00t: I never knew. I couldn't see what it was clearly but it looked awesome.

Toshiya wore a skirt/kilt

Die has mid-shoulder length hair that is silkier than most girls' hair.

There was no encore since they had to clear the stage so that Apocalyptica could set up.

And yes The Final was played. It was probably the most awesome song of the night for me since I do love their older works more. I don't think i'll ever hear Ain't Afraid to Die live unless a miracle happens......how I wish.

and just a side story: at the meet and greet Kyo and Shinya shared a sharpie. So when it was Kyo's turn to sign my poster he didn't have the sharpie. He just took the poster with both hands, slowly and neatly positioned it in front of him and stared at it like he was contemplating where to sign. Then he got the pen and did a quick 京 and gave it back. I just found it funny how he was just sitting there staring at the poster without a sharpie to sign it with. And Die used a black sharpie to sign a black area on my poster. Nice.

So I just got back from the NYC show.

It wasn't their best show IMO but I still enjoyed it.

I think nothing beats them headlining by themselves.

Some info on VIP tix for you guys going to upcoming shows:

If you got VIP tickets you will be let in before the general crowd to meet the band. You get a cool laminated "Dir en grey VIP" tag to wear. At the meet and greet you'll get a poster that each member will sign (it's just the DEG/Apocalyptica tour banner...not really a Diru poster). I got to meet all five members and shake their hands (Kyo has a death grip). Pictures WERE allowed at the M&G so bring a camera if you want. Most people got pics with Die because he's at the end of the table lol. Afterward you can go to the pit.

So basically if you got VIP tickets you are guaranteed a pretty good spot. I got first row towards the far left of the stage because I was last in the VIP line but it was first row none the less. And I only got to the venue less than an hour before doors officially opened!! If you did not get VIP tickets then you most likely will not get a good front row center spot not matter how early you camp out. But you can get second row or a left over spot in the far ends of first row.

Some random bits on the show:

Diru went on before Apocalyptica so you don't have to wait TOO long for their set.

The crowd was not that crazy. Only one girl got pulled from the pit AFTER the set was done.

Kyo has a new full back tattoo! :w00t:  I never knew. I couldn't see what it was clearly but it looked awesome.

Toshiya wore a skirt/kilt

Die has mid-shoulder length hair that is silkier than most girls' hair.

There was no encore since they had to clear the stage so that Apocalyptica could set up.

And yes The Final was played. It was probably the most awesome song of the night for me since I do love their older works more. I don't think i'll ever hear Ain't Afraid to Die live unless a miracle happens......how I wish.

and just a side story: at the meet and greet because Kyo and Shinya shared a sharpie. So when it was Kyo's turn to sign my poster he didn't have the sharpie. He just took the poster with both hands, slowly and neatly positioned it in front of him and stared at it like he was contemplating where to sign. Then he got the pen and did a quick 京 and gave it back. I just found it funny how he was just sitting there staring at the poster without a sharpie to sign it with. And Die used a black sharpie to sign a black area on my poster. Nice.

Nice. =) Do you know what the entire setlist was? And how was Apocalyptica? How was the audience's general reaction to them (Since I'm assuming the majority of the audience were Diru fans, did it seem like anyone had ever even heard of Apocalyptica)? I hope they played something from their new album; I just listened to it, it's awesome. You can stream it from here for free:

Apocalyptica - 7th Symphony

Guest kiralz0mg

This was the set list for the Toronto show

SA BIR

RED SOIL

Agitated Screams of Maggots

GAIKA, CHINMOKU GA NEMURU KORO

HAGESHISA TO, KONO MUNE NO NAKA DE KARAMITSUITA SHEKUNETSU NO YAMI BUGABOO

SHOKUBEN

OBSCURE

EDIT: My list got cut off :c here's the rest

INWARD SCREAM

DOZING GREEN

VINUSHKA

THE FINAL

REIKETSU NARISEBA

RASETSUKOKU

My experience was the same as precious4e except our posters were presigned in silver marker lolol omg Die probably thinks I'm retarded that is if he even remembered me D: and LOL yeah kyo has a really firm grip o: I was kind of sad that they didn't do an encore to make way for Apocalyptica. And yeah with vip I managed to snag a spot in the front row for me and my group of 5. We stood in the center but closer to stage left where Die was.. Yes my favourite member is Die teehee so I was super happy that he was the last person I shook hands with and apparently I was the only one bold enough to ask for a picture. After that people started taking pics with Die o: The lineup was Shinya, Toshiya, Kyo, Kaoru, and Die and omg once I got to kaoru I blurted out " I love you" LOLLL yeah..

The concert was amazing omg Evaline kept jumping onto the rails and his crotch was like right where my face was D: he also grabbed my friends hand and held on for support lawlawl.

So I spent 90% of the concert looking at Die and his silky hair haha. The was one point where he was looking directly at me and I was freeking out while jabbing my friend saying "look look Dies looking at me!!!!" And Die was still looking at me. Yeah I probably creeped him out lawl..

I also got a waterbottle that one of the band members from Evaline drank out of.. It was super hot like in front row so I gotta do what I gotta do lawl..

I got bruises all over my body from people pushing me into the rails but it was that bad o: even my knees are bruised from steadying myself against the rails so I won't be extremely squished o:

And there was a vip package for apocalyptica.. There was only 14 people though lol..

When the band played they were pretty good o: and I think it was like 60-40 the diru to apocalyptica fan ratio. I only stayed for 4 songs when I left because I had a curfew and my parents didn't know I was at a concert lolol.

And and and omg I shook hands with Die twice teehee. I hope he remembers me ahaha a girl can dream right? :)

Oh and everyone was hanging out with was making fun of my clothes cuz I was wering jeans and like slouchy boot, a pink shirt with a whale and heart on it, a neon baby blue sweater and a mini bag with stars on it LOL everyone kept asking me if I was at the right place D:

But yeah long post.. But my overall experience was amazing. I want to relive it >_< I can't wait til the next time ahahaha

Guest kiralz0mg

^ yesss that's what I forgot.. Did apocalyptica and diru do a collab? This girl behind me was sayint they might but I didn't stay long enough to find out D:

And there was a vip package for apocalyptica.. There was only 14 people though lol..

When the band played they were pretty good o: and I think it was like  60-40 the diru to apocalyptica fan ratio. I only stayed for 4 songs when  I left because I had a curfew and my parents didn't know I was at a  concert lolol.

LOL, that sucks. I would probably buy their VIP package and get my Inquisition Symphony CD signed by them. I already met Diru at the last concert I was at and got my Uroboros CD signed (which I had actually bought at the concert, lol). Kyo does have a pretty strong grip; when he saw me come around to shake his hand, he was like "Ossh!" and gives me this big ol' hand shake, which I notice he didn't do for everyone. Totally badass. >; ) 

You wouldn't happen to know what those 4 Apocalyptica songs were, would you?

Guest kiralz0mg

^ the first two songs to me it sounded like diru but my friend wasn't sure. The last two were Metallica songs i'm not sure what they were.. Oh i found the set list here and yeah.. i guess my hearing skills are bad haha

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/apocalyptica/2010/sound-academy-toronto-on-canada-73d58a65.html

Guest Lindoodoo

I just got back from the Boston one and dang, now i remember why I love Dir en grey so much... They were so amazing as usual. I was able to get Shinya's drumstick and get rail for Apocalyptica, who in fact, were not bad at all.

And Evaline. Holy crap the drummer was hot.

Guest ladyyehse

omggggggg. i wanna shake kyo's hand again. IM SO SAD D:

the boston show was tonight i believe and yeah i couldn't make it :(

so i guess diru was just an opening band for apocalyptica? but anyways thanks anna for the review! i'm so jealous once again D:

Archived