【 Dir En Grey 】 The Thread

Guest sHIK-kUN

Guest precious4e

^ I've always bought my tickets pre-sale. I've never had any problems with it so i'd say it's reliable. I just bought my tickets today even though I'm not sure if I can make their set or not. I just like to have it just in case :ph34r:

And their meet and greets are pretty dull. I think it was only during their Family Values Tour did they specifically say you can shake hands with them. The other times it was mostly for signing stuff BUT people always snuck in some handshakes hehe. Basically they usher you along a line very quickly and it's over in seconds. Seeing Kyo up close was worth it though lol. :wub:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiralz0mg

omg i just found out about the vip package tee hee im seriously giggling like an idiot. they never had meet and greets at the two diru shows i've been to o: and lawl i dont care much about kyo.. as long as i get to see Die and Kaoru then its all good 8) but if thats what the meet and greet will be like i'll be sad :c. I wanna be able to take pics with them ;o;

So when we buy the vip package, do they mail us the tickets and stuff..? im kind of confused about that D:

Guest RYUUSEi

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL *curses like a sailor*

I was 30 minutes late to buying tickets (since I just got off work, but then again, I might have followed the wrong time zone? Los Angeles? This time difference-thing is so confusing, lol) and they're ALL SOLD OUT FML x 10. Does anyone know how fast the general admissions-tickets usually sell out? What if I don't get a ticket at all. :tears: I had no idea the pre-sale ones would sell out THIS quickly?

And precious4e, I'm sure it was worth it! :D

Guest precious4e

^ don't worry! Pre-Sale tickets usually sell out fast but when the tickets go on sale to the general public it usually takes weeks to sell out (if at all). And since there are so many tour dates in the US not everyone will be fighting to get tickets to the same show. Just make sure to get tickets fast once it goes on sale again!

And yea seeing Die up close is pretty <3 haha and Toshiya too!

@ kiralz0mg: they will send the tickets to your house if you ask for that option. You can also do will call which means you pick up the ticket at the venue the day of the show. The VIP merch is also sent to your house.

Guest RYUUSEi

^Really? Phew, that makes me a little calmer. Yeah, I'll get it ASAP. I'm only working 4-5 hours next Friday so I'll spend the rest of the time/day updating the website frequently so I can get my ticket quickly, LOL. I feel bad for thinking like this but I actually desperately hope that the show in LA won't be THAT popular, haha, since it's on a weekday. Wishful thinking, I know, but like I said, I MUST be front-row in the mosh-pit! Just like when I saw them back in '07.

Did you read Kyo's entry about Daisuke, precious4e? It makes me worried when he's this sad because I'm paranoid that he'll do something crazy. :mellow:

Guest precious4e

^ no I haven't read any of their blogs/interviews/articles recently. So it was about Daisuke passing away? What did he post?

Guest ladyyehse

So I googled up this thing about Daisuke passing away and i found a link that talked about it. the author included a translation of what kyo wrote on his diary entry.

http://twistedintokyo.blogspot.com/2010/07/rip-ochida-daisuke.html

ah, i'm pretty worried about kyo too. i hope he doesn't do anything drastic :(

I'm wondering if I should get my ticket too. I don't even know if I can definitely go yet...

Guest RYUUSEi

^That last line he wrote ("I'm going to see you today") made my heart seriously stop for a split second, before I realized he must be talking about the funeral.

How much does the ticket cost, anyway? I actually don't know, LOL. :huh:

Guest precious4e

@ RYUUSEI: the tix for the NYC show are $25. Not sure if its the same in other states (due to the venues) but it should be around the same price.

Guest kiralz0mg

So for meeting the band. Has anyone ever given Diru gifts? I want to give them something but i don't want them to throw it away or something >_<;; or like not accept it :c

Guest ladyyehse

i think they should all be 25. i hope it doesn't sell out lol

yeahh the last line made me go "NOO" but i hope kyo doesn't do anything drastic :(

Whoa. Never would've thought I'd see a Deg thread as long as this.

Long time fan. Got a chance to see them last year at the House of Blues. Uroboros is an amazing album, sort of a mix up of their old experimental sound with their newer Metal sound. One would even go so far as to label them a Progressive Metal band now.  \m/ >o< \m/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hyang

Saw them at Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival here in Seoul, South Korea this past Sunday after 7 years of waiting (I was a fan when I was 14 years old..Now I'm 21!) it was amazing but I wish they had the audience closer to the stage T^T

I am going to see them at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on Sept 8th. Is anyone else going?

Sigh..I find it really unfair that they aren't doing a VIP package for Los Angeles and I sent about 3 emails through the main Dir en Grey site asking for one but I don't know if they'll actually make it happen...

If we all send emails asking for VIP, do you think perhaps they'll change their minds? I really would like to meet them *^-^*

Guest ladyyehse

they always change events. I remember how there were only a few venues that had meet and greets excluding the one at NY but at the end of the concert at NY, we ended up having a small meet and greet anyways. though it was more like "Hi! Please sign this, I love you guys, bye" lol so my point is, they probably might? really hard to tell.

i dont know if i can see them this year! T____T

and btw, apocalyptica is kinda strange pairing with dir en grey. if google isn't wrong, then they should be a finnish cello rock band, and from what i've seen on youtube, its just music o_o

ah ohwells, i hope i can go to the concert :(

they always change events. I remember how there were only a few venues that had meet and greets excluding the one at NY but at the end of the concert at NY, we ended up having a small meet and greet anyways. though it was more like "Hi! Please sign this, I love you guys, bye" lol so my point is, they probably might? really hard to tell.

i dont know if i can see them this year! T____T

and btw, apocalyptica is kinda strange pairing with dir en grey. if google isn't wrong, then they should be a finnish cello rock band, and from what i've seen on youtube, its just music o_o

ah ohwells, i hope i can go to the concert :(

Yes, it's music. Wonderful, wonderful music. Quite fitting, since this is, y'know, a music concert, lol. They really are rather unique though, as there aren't many bands out there who play Symphonic Metal using only 3 cellos and a drum kit. I recommend you check them out some more, as they have some amazing albums. Their first two albums are actually just cover songs of Metallica and Sepultura material, but if you're looking for more original work then check out Cult, Reflections, Apocalyptica (self-titled album), and Worlds Collide. You would've never thought that Cellos could be so Metal, lol. They also have a lot of guest vocalists/musicians from other bands work with them on their albums, though the majority of their work is still instrumental (which I prefer anyways).

An odd pairing? Probably. But hell, both bands kick richard simmons, so you're still getting an awesome show worth your bucks.

Some songs:

Apocalyptica - Prologue (Apprehension)

Apocalyptica - Quutamo (live, though it sounds like it's been recorded over)

Apocalyptica - Resurrection

Apocalyptica - Grace

Apocalyptica - Inquisition Symphony (live, Sepultura cover)

I think it'd be awesome if Kyo collaborated with Apocalyptica sometime after this tour.

Guest RYUUSEi

^Agreed, especially seeing Apocalyptica live seems like it would be amazing. I don't think they're too mismatched to play with Dir en grey at all.

I am going to see them at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on Sept 8th. Is anyone else going?

I'm going to that show. Couldn't be more excited! I've missed my boys so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiralz0mg

woot they are playing on monday i can't wait <333 but the tickets haven't come in the mail yet so im a bit worried D:

Guest precious4e

^ really? I got my ticket a week after ordering. And I also got the VIP email about the meet and greets today (btw the VIP merch will be given out at the show it seems). I would contact the place you ordered from just to be sure!

Archived