【 Dir En Grey 】 The Thread

Guest sHIK-kUN

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest precious4e

WHAT THE HELL?!?! lol I just ordered their single and they come out with an album...and worst yet I didnt even know and it's already sold out lol

WOW

anyways i'm in the airport now. I will order it the next chance I get. I will probably get the regular limited edition.

Guest ladyyehse

TO THE FANS OF USA

Today at 8:06pm

Although it has yet been announced on Dir En Grey's official page, according to ticketmaster.com, dir en grey will be performing in a US venue in November (when the album releases), therefore I assume that diru will be touring the US again at the end of 08.

link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0040FF...mp;minorcatid=1

admin note:

OMG YES! AMERICAN TOUR!!!!

i was too lazy to retype this, so i just copied the update i sent to the fans of Diru on facebook.

OMG OMG OMG US TOUR!

*squeals*

and i took this from CDJapan. It describes the upcoming album Uroboros

Dir en grey's new album "Uroboros" draws it's name from the cyclical serpent--the mystical symbol of a snake consuming its own tale. What better image is there for a band that frequently consumes itself in order to make a more powerful, perfect, whole? Like the Uroboros of legend, Dir en grey's new album marks a sort of return for the band, revisiting the pre-"Withering to Death" era with what is scheduled to be the band's most diverse, brooding, and creative release yet. Non-screaming vocals are set to take on a stronger part in the compositions--competing with new intruments like mandolins. Thematically "Uroboros" considers topics of guilt and reincarnation.

sounds so freaking awesome! can't wait for the album ahhh im spazzing lol

Guest Oyasumiyabi

Some of the leaked dates [they are NOT officially confirmed yet, they are speculating by monday though] from the Dir en grey LJ page. :] ah, i can't wait!! although, i don't think i'll be able to go to multiple shows like last summer because of classes D:

----

Orlando, Florida

November 7th @ Firestone

Atlanta, Georgia

November 8th @ Centerstage Theatre

Boston

November 12th @ Wilbur Theatre

Chicago, Illinois

November 19th @ House of Blues Neighborhood

Portland, Oregon

December 2nd @ Hawthorne Theatre

----

credit to http://community.livejournal.com/dir_en_grey/2282653.html

Guest Gackt.

Ahh! Overload of good news for me today :D

The first? Dir en grey's announcement of their US tour in November.

The second? A bit of a story...back in January the singer of my band, Soulidium, decided to pull a prank on me and tell me we were touring with Dir en grey, since he knows I like them so much, starting in March. He let me believe it for about a month before telling me he was just messing with me. Huge let down.

So the REAL second part is that back in June, before we left to tour with Sevendust, our booking agent contacted us and (according to Michael, the singer) said the following:

"There's this band from Japan called Dir en grey thats looking for two support acts to tour with them here in the US starting November 5th and their management (Dir en grey's) has asked me (our booking agent) to see if any of my bands would be up for it. Are you all interested?"

I'm really the only Dir en grey fan in the band. The rest of the guys like their stuff but they can't get past the language barrier regardless they're all aware of who Dir en grey is so of course we said YES!

Keep in mind Michael joked with me about it before so I've been really skeptical about it but he has continually said that he was 100% serious everytime I've asked him to just admit he was messing with me again...and just now it's confirmed that they are for sure coming here in November! Looks like Michael really WAS serious this time :D

There is nothing set in stone and obviously it's Dir en greys choice who tours with them but we have a foot in the door already and hopefully they haven't decided on some other band yet. So everyone PLEASE keep your fingers crossed and lets hope this happens!!

I know I shouldn't be getting too excited yet because the music industry has so far been 90% let downs, 9% possibility and 1% certainty...but I just couldn't contain myself >_> I had to share it :D

I'll keep everyone posted on the status of us getting on the tour since they'll already have their support acts picked well before they announce offcial dates and who those support acts are...so we should know pretty soon wether or not we're on it and if we aren't then we'll know who it is...and I will kill them all :ph34r: muhaha

-Jadis

P.S. PLEASE keep in mind that on our CD it's all the OLD members (only Michael and Danny the drummer are the original members). The guitarists and bassist originally were...less than talented. The new material is far better composed and for the Toshiya lovers, you'll be very happy with the new bass lines in the new songs as well as the ones I've rewritten for the old songs :P OK now I'm getting off topic, sorry!

Guest Gackt.

If our agents info is correct then the tour would run from Nov. 5th to Dec. 5th. That gives them the rest of December to get over to Europe...that seems like a big endeavor but they definetly have the resources to pull it off. Hell, after we finished the first tour with Sevendust in June they were in Germany 2 days later, then Afghanistan to play for the US Military and were done with that whole tour in just 2 1/2 weeks. So don't rule out the possibility of them touring Europe just yet! It could happen :)

Guest Gackt.

It may be coincidence but they do form patterns, every band does. So far the most recent one Dir en grey is setting is doing a US tour near the album release (Marrow of a Bone they started the tour 3 days before the release) and this one, if November 5th is still the start date it's the same pattern of being shortly before album release. Look at when they went to Europe last in relation to an album release and you can probably guess pretty accurately when they'll be there again. Also look at what they've done there...has it just been Wacken the past few years? If so, that may be all they want/can do in Europe anymore. Everything is planned :P read ahead enough and you can probably figure out when the 8th album will be released :P

Anyway, keep your hopes up. If they aren't in Europe at the end of this year then they will mostlikely be there within the first month or two...it would just make sense. They toured Japan a lot in 2008 already. They'll be in the US in November, so the next logical step would be continue east to Europe and then end in Japan.

Or maybe they'll break up :D j/k

Guest Oyasumiyabi

Dates confirmed!! From Dir en grey LJ page I think I can go to three shows!!!! oh wait. spoke too soon :[ the second IL date is like 2 minutes away from St. Louis.. that's about 5-6 hours away :x

---

DIR EN GREY FALL TOUR -USA/CANADA-

NOVEMBER 5 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution

NOVEMBER 7 - Orlando, FL, @ Club Firestone

NOVEMBER 8 - Atlanta, GA @ Center Stage

NOVEMBER 10 - Baltimore, MC @ Rams Head Live!

NOVEMBER 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of the Living Arts

NOVEMBER 12 - Boston, MA @ Wilbur Theatre

NOVEMBER 14 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5

NOVEMBER 15 - Montreal, CA @ Le Medley

NOVEMBER 16 - Toronto, CA @ Kool Haus

NOVEMBER 18 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo's

NOVEMBER 19 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues

NOVEMBER 20 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

NOVEMBER 22 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Eagle's Club

NOVEMBER 23 - Sauget, IL @ Pop's

NOVEMBER 25 - Houston, TX @ House of Blues

NOVEMBER 26 - Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom

NOVEMBER 28 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre

NOVEMBER 29 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG

NOVEMBER 30 - San Fransisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre

DECEMBER 2 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre

DECEMBER 3 - Seattle, WA @ The Showbox

DECEMBER 5 - Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre

Source: http://www.bratmarketing.com/degtour/

Opening band: The human Abstract.

-----

Guest Gackt.

Hmmm..I wonder if they're still looking for two bands or if they're settling just on one opener. That's pretty rare...

Michael is still on the phone (he's in Texas so I don't know what's going on or being said) but hopefully they are looking for a 2nd supporting act ><

Guest Oyasumiyabi

It'd be pretty sweet if you do guys end up as a support act. :] I'll yell, "I know you from Soompi!" I'm always at the front of the pit on the right side xD

Guest Gackt.

I really hope we do...I'll be really surprised if tehy dont have a 2nd supporting act for this tour...it's almost unheard of. When they first came as headliners it was them with bleed the dream and fair to midland, then the next was them with deftones and fall of troy....and if at anytime it would be a good choice to only have 2 bands it would be 2 big bands like Deftones and Dir en grey who would pull a large crowd.... ~.~ I really hope they pick a 2nd supporting act >_> I'll gladly play just a 30 minute set and take the baby-band position and go first >_>

I quit life (for a few seconds) if I dont get this tour -.- damn it.

Also look at what they've done there...has it just been Wacken the past few years? If so, that may be all they want/can do in Europe anymore.

Oh no, it hasn't been all...they did a bunch of lives apart from the festivals...in 2005 it was one live in Berlin, in 2006 it were Rock am Ring/Rock im Park and two lives (Berlin, Cologne). Last year it was Wacken, M'era Luna and also two lives (Dresden, Munich). And adding to that lives in other european countries (UK, Netherlands, Poland...).

Oh well...

Anyway, keep your hopes up. If they aren't in Europe at the end of this year then they will mostlikely be there within the first month or two...it would just make sense. They toured Japan a lot in 2008 already. They'll be in the US in November, so the next logical step would be continue east to Europe and then end in Japan.

Mhm...*nods* I'll just wait.

Ah...so it's confirmed now...got the message from Diru's myspace, too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed ^_^

nov 16th kool haus!!!! that is like, very close to the Guvernment where they played last year.

i think its an attached building. ANYWAYS, nov 16th is a sunday, perfect date since thats not a school day.

i hope they dont change this date.

@ gackt - hopefully you'll get your band in. that would be so awesome ;D

hopin here ;D, good luck dude

Guest purple turtlE

Ah! Nov 29 @ the Wiltern!

See you pokes there!!!!!! =) (I think, quite probable! Hmm, unsure but stILl)

Been a long as hell while since they've played here

Heheheheeeeeeee

Guest Gackt.

~.~ It's all in our agents hands now...theyre certain that they're looking for a 2nd supporting act and are looking into it for us...so still keeping fingers crossed >_>

If we don't get it I can show up at most any of those venues that we've played at already and get full access XD putting on good shows as well as getting on the owners good side has its advantages muhahaha but I really want to share a stage with them :( anyone can meet them but only a few get to share a stage.....GRRR how much longer do I have to bust my richard simmons until I'm good enough for Dir en grey to recognize me?! DAMN IT! ><

*picks up bass*....richard simmons this...no time to feel down or any emotion...still not good enough

i wonder if this is what drives us all to succeed? or am I just not right in the head?

Archived