Sm Entertainment

Guest banggutbanggut3

Guest 사랑競文

1. If you were in SM Entertainment, and was an artist, getting ready to debut, would you be a:

A. Part of a girl/boy group

B. A solo singer

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group?my real name

3. What genre would you pick?

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

G. Other

H. Multiple choice (give the choices, i.e., R&B and pop)

4. What age would you like to debut (if you were able to choose when to debut) ?

18. (:

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Geministar8806

1. If you were in SM Entertainment, and was an artist, getting ready to debut, would you be a:

A. Part of a girl/boy group *I would love it if SM had a girl group of girls who were different ethnicities, but taught to sing in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese...and then grow language-wise from there. An international girl group...i would love to be apart of that. A group with 5-9 members *like SJ* but could dance, sing, harmonize *like TVXQ*. I would love that

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group?

Group- 9th Dynasty *if there were 9 members lol...that is* It has a little ring to it...other than that just Dynasty.

My stage name would be my chosen korean name Yuri

R&B, pop, hip hop, dance *not like club techno, but like TVXQ*

4. What age would you like to debut (if you were able to choose when to debut) ?

I'll be 19 soon, so 20-21.

Guest iloveRAiNBOWS

So many trainees!

They like keep them all in a box or whatever, and pikc them up anytime they like eh? T___T

A. Part of a girl/boy group (That would be fun but girls don't really make it BIG.)

So my choice would be...

SOLO SINGER

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group? Im Na/Youness

A. Pop

B. R&B

D. Dance

4. What age would you like to debut (if you were able to choose when to debut) ? 18?

They have a lot of 'cute' trainees right now, >w<

SUPER GIRLS... eh.. xD

Guest NuChee

A. Part of a girl/boy group *I would love it if SM had a girl group of girls who were different ethnicities, but taught to sing in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese...and then grow language-wise from there. An international girl group...i would love to be apart of that. A group with 5-9 members *like SJ* but could dance, sing, harmonize *like TVXQ*. I would love that

^

that's a cool idea. :o

i never thought of that...really. XD

haha, it'd expand throughout of asia, i bet.

like have a album that has more than 1 language. so theres something in it for everybody :D

Guest michi_love

definitly a girl group....(I'm a girl) you see I think if I were a solo artist people would pick

on me more easily... :sweatingbullets:

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group?

well I'd say 2 to 4 would work best with me..I like even numbers

if it were just me and my best friend we'd end up as Key of Melody

Melody for me Key for her

a little bit of all... so there's something for everyone to like

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

let's see 15 now... so + years of training or so... = 17 or 18

Guest regal_aeros

i was thinking of a combo of gals and guys... there are too many only gal or only guy bands.. a combo could be something fresh and different.. =)

B. A solo singer

2. So, if you were in a girl/boy group or a solo singer, what would you name yourself/your group? depending..something that can be easily used by all languages... =) like if it's numbers.. u can't run away... 1 is 1, 2 is 2.. alphabets are standard too

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

G. Other

H. Multiple choice (give the choices, i.e., R&B and pop) i'd go for a little of all.. =) be evergreen...

actaully now would be a good time... my time table (uni) is rather relax.. and i'd be able to fulfill my parents' expectations of me getting a degree and be able fulfill my dream...

Guest banggutbanggut3

Guys, thanks for taking the survey...to those who haven't, please do. Also, I found more stuff (about Audtion stuff)...^__^...and Geministar8806, I think your idea is pretty cool!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SONGS YOU COULD SING:

Jessica Simpson – Goodbye

Alicia Keys – If I Ain’t Got You

Kim Jung Eun – Inside my Heart

T – 선물 (EVEN)

Park Jung Hyun – 꿈에, 나의 하루

Jang Na Ra – 연인 ft. Shin Hye Sung

James Blunt – You’re Beautiful

Before you take your audition, please practice =] It’s better you sing Pop than KPOP. If you can play instruments or make songs, they will think higher of you. Dancing is very important too, BoA, TVXQ they all dance. Don’t sing any SM songs, like BoA’s, my prayer. A lot of people think singing that will make them thing “Cool, they’re singing SM song, let’s think higher of them.” But that’s not true. They will rather think “They sing this because they think it’ll flatter us, not true, they need to take chances.”

AUDITION PREPARATION

1.You know the exercise for singing, where you sing Do Re mi Re Do, getting higher at a time. You can sing with the “Ah” pronunciation, or anything that makes your voice sound better. Do that for about ten minutes, with your clearest voice.

2.So can you sing? GOOD! For high notes, saying the words “Nah” or “E” is harder than you think. Keep on practicing that, and try to use some vibration too. If you practice, it won’t be hard. Then later in time, when those words come during the song, you can sing it well, without hesistation.

3. When you wake up, sing a song =]

4.Try to put strength in your stomach, and make it stronger. Drink some air, then put strength in your bottom stomach. Do that a few times, then you get stronger for singing. Try to breathe often too, but instead of your chest coming out when you breathe, make it your stomach.

5.Practice singing! Find a song you’re not good at, and then keep on practicing that. Then you will be good at not just that song, but other ones as well.

credits: SM Audtion Help

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm going to try to search for some info about the Super Girls' debut. That is, if they do.

Guest Pinkychan

ouhh id otng et what you guys are talking about

but thank you for the info and stuff ><

whaoooo liek all over canada and US???

hehhehehhe

i forgot who but the person had told the UCC thread that she went to cosco inn cali and saw two

sm staff members and they said hi to her ahaha

yah she was lucky ^^-

hehe she said they were buying healthy foods~~

so maybe they would come again dunno >< but I hope!

just cang et enouugh shoppping here too ><

oh nwo i get the thingy that everyone was doing ><

Solo singinger or an actress

but yah B. solo singer

A. Part of a girl/boy group: does not matter

B. A solo singer

uhm i dont really knwo yet ahhaha still thinking fo a name ><

G.other

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

G. Other

4. What age would you like to debut (if you were able to choose when to debut)

uhm 18? hehe I'm already kinda gettin old so yah

Guest NuChee

i was thinking of a combo of gals and guys... there are too many only gal or only guy bands.. a combo could be something fresh and different.. =)

B. A solo singer

sorry for quoting so much ahah.

a group that has both guys and girls was what i was thinking. I think that if lee soo man did do that, it'd be a big hit in korea and well as the rest of asia. o_o you know, because of the thing about girl groups aren't so popular. ==..

Guest banggutbanggut3

This is for those who are going to send there tapes through Brosent. I found this about 10 pages back.

Yay! We're also our 2nd page ^__^.

================Message from the President of Brosent================

Hello everyone. My name is Gary Boone and I am the President of Brothers Entertainment. It is nice to be able to reach so many of you by internet. I rarely have time to speak with people that want to audition, so I am taking the time to leave a general message for the many people that have an interest in entertainment in Korea. First I want to thank all of you that have taken the time to email or send your audition packages. Unfortunately it is not possible to respond to each and every inquiry due to the number of people that contact us daily. I can assure you that each and every package (or email) is looked over and we do contact only those that we truly see potential in.

One of my staff members did notify me of the thread regarding my company on this website and number of posts on this forum. I did read all the pages personally. While much of the information posted by members is accurate, other statements or comments had incorrect information or was totally false. I was a little unhappy to read some comments by people that auditioned that feel the need to lie about their ages, ethnicity, or to just send their samples for feedback so they can directly audition with SM, YG, JYP, etc. I understand that many of you are young and that it is quite natural to express your opinions - just be aware that this is a public forum and you never know who will read your posts. For this reason, I chose to write here to clarify some misinformation and answer some frequently asked questions. Here are some helpful tips:

1) You only have ONE chance to make a good first impression. Never send cell phone photos or sticker pictures. Don't send only small portions of songs (sing an entire song, and don't cut out the difficult parts).

2) Don't feel the need to lie on your applications about age, ethnicity, etc. Also, send your own actual photos and not someone elses. The same for singing, don't send a good singers clip and pretend it is yours. Eventually the truth is always revealed and you will look very bad.

3) We do not discriminate and will accept auditions from any nationality, however, be aware that in Korea the chances of a non-Korean to become a superstar is extremely slim. I highly suggest you try to audition in the USA or your native country. We no longer reply to emails asking if you will be accepted based on your ethnicity. You are evaluated on talent, so anyone is welcome to audition. We can try to help you, but their are very different business practices in Korea. Many companies are open-minded, but there are more companies that are unwilling to accept a non-Korean.

4) It is true that males do have an advantage to audition. In Korea, the industry often especially requests that we provide male singers. This is unfortunate, but not our decision to make. The main reason is that male singers tend to become more successful and the females that have come from the USA have not done well (even though they sing good and look good). Another common issue is that parents will often not permit their daughters to go to Korea to persue their dreams as easily as parents of males. Eventually this might change in the future, but as of now this is the situation.

5) If you are asked to provide more information or are told to practice harder, don't hesitate or become lazy. I will not reveal his name for privacy, but one Soompi member actually had a very good chance to be in one of the most popular new male groups in Korea right now. For whatever reason he did not have the dedication and devotion that we requested. I feel bad for him because he had great potential but let it become a waste.

6) Many people want to know why they should audition for us and not directly with the companies in Korea. It is simple, we have nearly 20 years experience in Korea and know exactly who is needed for what company and the companies trust in us to send only the best people. We are known for creating several superstars and are able to fight on your behalf. We have a legal team that will work hard to get you the best possible contract. If you go to Korea on your own to any company, you will have no control over the contract or terms. We have the knowledge, and knowledge is power.

7) Finally, if we like your demo and your image, you will eventually be contacted. We base our decisions on many factors, so remain hopeful and try to exceed our expectations. If you do not hear from us, don't take it personally. There are too many people that audition and there is not enough time to notify everyone who is rejected. Chances are high that you are not what we are looking for and we encourage you to try any other company. Please trust and respect our judgement. Very few people get selected so the odds are very slim to begin with. We are known for making superstars - that is our reason for doing business and there is no reason you would be rejected if we honestly didn't think you had a chance. The biggest mistake people make is rushing and sending a very bad demo and bad photos - as I said earlier, you only have ONE chance to make a good first impression. It is a good rule to follow in life.

In conclusion, I hope I have answered many of your questions. Thank all of your for your interest and for your continued support of our stars from the USA. If you have a dream, with or without us, try and make it come true! Always give 100% dedication and effort in all that you do. Best wishes,

Gary Boone

President

Brothers Entertainment

www.brosent.com

==========================================================

^ credits: Message from Mr. Boone, regarding audtion info (I think that's what it's called)

Er...now it's time for me to practice..

Guest banggutbanggut3

It's a rumor about a girl group from SM. They were supposed to debut last year or something, but they postponed it. The rumor is that they're going to debut in May. I think it's four girls for SM: Im Yoonah, Kim HyoYeon, Jessica Jung, amd Kwon Yuri. If the rumor is true, I'm suprised that Lee Soo Man hasn't given up on the idea, because Jessica has a lot of antis, due to her scandals. They must be good then. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guest michaeljackson5

B. A solo singer

-bry

A. Pop

B. R&B

C. Hip-hop

D. Dance

F. Rapping

G. Other

-since im 17..maybe around 20 or sooner!

Guest lovejoo

It's a rumor about a girl group from SM. They were supposed to debut last year or something, but they postponed it. The rumor is that they're going to debut in May. I think it's four girls for SM: Im Yoonah, Kim HyoYeon, Jessica Jung, amd Kwon Yuri. If the rumor is true, I'm suprised that Lee Soo Man hasn't given up on the idea, because Jessica has a lot of antis, due to her scandals. They must be good then. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

OH :mellow:

*googles them up*

xDD thanks~

Lim Yuna and Im Yoonah are the same person. that person just spelled it incorrectly. & baek min hyun is no longer with SM. he left awhile ago and has pursued his acting career with another company. Hong Bora isn't an SM trainee. she never was.

& Kim Young Woon.. is that Kangin's real name?

Guest banggutbanggut3

^ Thanks. I didn't know that ^__^. Anyways, I looked and I found Jessica Jung's blog? I'm not sure...it looks kind of fake. Here it is:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2078365383

I looked in the AsianFanatics forum, and they also said that they heard the their album is coming out this October...I wonder if that's true....hm....

^that blog is definitely fake. first of all, jessica's too busy with training to even keep up with something like that. secondly, the company made all the trainees delete their cyworld & stuff. they only have daum sites made by their fans.

Archived