[movie 2006] Typhoon 태풍

Guest freebird

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo!! The JDG gang are here!! ;)

This is one movie that i am anticipating to watch!!! Though i wonder when.... :unsure:

'cos DongGun's "The Promise" posters is already plastered all over our train stations to premiere on 15Dec!!

Tango!! i dig that avatar of yours :rolleyes:;)Guess who? U can't be wrong....there are only 2 of us... ;)

This is one movie that i am anticipating to watch!!! Though i wonder when.... :unsure:

'cos DongGun's "The Promise" posters is already plastered all over our train stations to premiere on 15Dec!!

Tango!! i dig that avatar of yours :rolleyes:;)Guess who? U can't be wrong....there are only 2 of us... ;)

Babe..Typhoon blown u over here for a while..?.. :P

So u're taking a break from the strong arms of sexy Takuya..yah?

yes!! the winds of Typhoon are certainly felt right now..i can't wait to get blown over by these gorgeous men..

;)

A latecomer as always.... :D

Thanks to freebird for a great start of Typhoon thread... lots of nice pics, vods and news update. Hi to minami, jisung, ruffluv, Kat and everyone... erm... think we're missing inez here. :o(oops, spoke too soon... there you are sis, always ahead!) :P

Anyway... can't wait for more updates & reviews especially once the movie's out.

So, please no snowballs or hockey balls... because.... GO LJJ! :lol:

Can't help noticing 3 prominent men at the thread... JDG, LJJ & Takuya Kimura. ^_^

A latecomer as always.... :D

Thanks to freebird for a great start of Typhoon thread... lots of nice pics, vods and news update. Hi to minami, jisung, ruffluv, Kat and everyone... erm... think we're missing inez here. :o(oops, spoke to soon... there you are sis, always ahead!) :P

Anyway... can't wait for more updates & reviews especially once the movie's out. So, please no snowballs or hockey balls... because.... GO LJJ! :lol:

Can't help noticing 3 prominent men at the thread... JDG, LJJ & Takuya Kimura. ^_^

Rubie!!..*hugz*..!!

Yes..we have to hold on tight now..Typhoon certainly is coming!! :P

Another reason to get blown over again is Lee Jung Jae!! :rolleyes:

bubble_hi.gifInez, rubie.......

Yeah all the prominent men are here..... 'cos we gals are frenzied over them!! :P

i am sure Minami is expecting me here too!! ;)

Well....i am glad for DongGun that he puts back half the amount of weight he lost for his role in Typhoon!! :)

i wonder if he will go round the countries to promote the movie.....

i am sure Japan will be one destination they will stop back..... i am jealous!!!

But on the other hand.....i should fly to Japan for the premiere myself

since i have a vested interested there too....MAYBE!! ;):lol::lol:

Guest freebird

Wow, you here too :)

The Promise premiere on Dec 15? When it will release for public in there, Kat?

Hi Inez & rubie :)

Thanks for the VOD link, ruffluv :)

Wow, you here too :)

The Promise premiere on Dec 15? When it will release for public in there, Kat?

Hi Inez & rubie :)

Thanks for the VOD link, ruffluv :)

The posters says Dec 2006. <_<

No promo posters of Typhoon yet though!! :(

Original Source: Movieweek Special Issue

[December anticipated movies overview analysis] The Eye of Typhoon will color up the screen impressively

[Movieweek, 2005.10.25]

Among big production that release in December, the nearest work to the inside of “typhoon’s eye” is director Kwak Kyung-taek’s Typhoon. Though it still could not be confirmed that the outcome would be good, but with marketing size as huge as the movie’s scale, Typhoon is expected to display substantive matter.

Director: Kwak Kyung-taek, Cast: Jang Dong-gun, Lee Jung-jae, Lee Mi-yeon, Distributor: CJ Entertainment, Release date: 15 December.

What’s the story?

Pirate Sin who is abandoned by both North and South Korea is going to take revenge to Korea Peninsula. The strong willed naval officer Kang Se-jong is send to defend the homeland and to face Sin, unfolding the story of fateful confrontation.

Why is it worth seeing?

From the scale aspect, there’s no super production after Taegukgi. It’s the combination of heavy drama production by director Kwak Kyung-taek who is deep in people’s mind as the director of box office movie Friend, and Korea best star casting of Jang Dong-gun and Lee Jung-jae.

What is the marketing strategy?

Typhoon’s overall marketing concept in early stage is to highlight two men’s clash, as the premiere is nearly coming it emphasizes on the drama of two men who cannot be friends or enemies and exposes the sad past of two siblings Jang Dong-gun and Lee Mi-yeon. Therefore its marketing strategy is opened with material barrage rather than steady exposures. Every exposure has to give strong impression. The movie takes a long time for filming and postproduction, but it’s been introduced to audiences since early stage to gradually raise the expectancy. To avoid the psychological anticipation diminishes in the long duration of marketing, once in every fixed period of time, public information is released (site opening, promotion event, PIFF, poster release, trailer release). Typhoon aimed to draw more than 10 million viewers because it’s a big production, after the premiere a long duration of marketing would also be needed. Therefore the marketing for after movie premiere has also been carefully prepared since early stage. Especially for joint promotion or event that took long hour, preparation would be made in advance, laid the plan in the direction of marketing execution after the premiere.

What’s to brag about?

They flitted to Thailand and Russia, elegant filming scenes. Beautiful and exotic sceneries that have never been seen in domestic movies were put into this movie’s scale. Also it’s the pride of Typhoon as the first in Korea to use the huge Gimbal device to make the maritime action scenes realistic. However above all, this movie strongest point is its touching drama more than its giant scale and impressive actions. Every Korean would sympathize and feel the pains of family and nation, and make the screen wet with tears.

What’s the weak point?

Box office burden because of high production cost

(Journalist Kim Soo-yeon)

Translated by YoonEe for Just Jang Dong Gun at www.jang-donggun.com

cont_20051025120826020000020300-003.jpgcont_20051025120826020000020300-002.jpg

Well, HELLO THERE Fellow Phile!!! So you've changed your nic too... :P Glad that u've found your way here! I know what u mean about The Promise - I saw the poster at the Aljunied Station, hee hee.. Can't wait!!

Hi Tango! U beat me to the article! :D I see we're logged in at both sites! :P Glad to see u're so active in dong gun's threads...somebody must inspire u! (And I don't mean zorro)! B)

Hi Tango! U beat me to the article! :D I see we're logged in at both sites! :P Glad to see u're so active in dong gun's threads...somebody must inspire u! (And I don't mean zorro)! B)

Hi Jis, you are right. Dear Dong Gun is an iNspIraTiOn!! :D * pats self on back *

Nice thread. I'm looking forward to this, being a fan of LJJ's movies and the director's "Chingu"... And who doesn't like JDG. :)

I'm a also fan of "Chingu"... I can't wait to see the new movie by the director and lead actor of "Chingu" ;)

Typhoon's trailer - 2:26:

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/11/typhoon_tr_700k.wmv

Source: cine21.com

Some captures from the trailer:

Typhoontrailer-008.jpg

Typhoontrailer-010.jpg

Typhoontrailer-028.jpg

Typhoontrailer-035.jpg

Typhoontrailer-037.jpg

captures by: dreamer from Just Jang Dong Gun

November 04, 2005

태풍 (Typhoon) Theatrical Trailer Released

leejang.jpg

Almost 20 Billion Won after marketing expenses. Shooting in Thailand, Russia, Korea and more. Three of the biggest stars in Chungmuro: Jang Dong-Gun, Lee Jung-Jae and Lee Mi-Yeon. But up to now, all you've heard about Kwak Kyung-Taek's 태풍 (Typhoon) was talking. Now here's some action, finally!

The film opens in theaters next December 15.

--

태풍 (Typhoon)

Director: 곽경택 (Kwak Kyung-Taek)

Cast: 장동건 (Jang Dong-Gun), 이정재 (Lee Jung-Jae), 이미연 (Lee Mi-Yeon), David McInnis, 김민주 (Kim Min-Joo)

Website

Making Of (Streaming, Real Media)

Busan Highlight Reel+Interview (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

Movie Stills/Posters

Produced By: 진인사필름 (ZinInSa Films)

Distributed By: CJ 엔터테인먼트 (CJ Entertainment)

Rating: TBA

RELEASE: December 15

--

Theatrical Trailer - Link 1

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/11/typhoon_tr_700k.wmv

(Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

Theatrical Trailer - Link 2 mms://wms07.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2005/11/typhoon_tr_700k.wmv (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

Theatrical Trailer - Link 3

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/trailer/2005/11/typhoon_tr_700k.wmv

(Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

Source & credits:

» Posted by X at November 4, 2005 08:34 PM

@

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004047.html

^ Whoa...those are some intense pictures, freespirit. Thanks for posting!

Good to see more people joining this thread...B) Welcome rubie, dadedum, prettyfaze, my immortality...better late than never. :) Ah, Kat-san, are you taking a break from your koibito (sweetheart) Takuya to pop in here? ;)

Anyway... can't wait for more updates & reviews especially once the movie's out.

So, please no snowballs or hockey balls... because.... GO LJJ!

Lol...yes, there's the Typhoon effect following masculine, sexy, powerful men like JDG and LJJ. Takuya is a force of nature as well -- if JDG and LJJ are typhoons, then Takuya Kimura is the tsunami! (Just ask Kat, she's blown away already) :lol:

bubble_hi.gifInez, rubie.......

Yeah all the prominent men are here..... 'cos we gals are frenzied over them!! :P

i am sure Minami is expecting me here too!!

Well....i am glad for DongGun that he puts back half the amount of weight he lost for his role in Typhoon!!

i wonder if he will go round the countries to promote the movie.....

i am sure Japan will be one destination they will stop back..... i am jealous!!!

But on the other hand.....i should fly to Japan for the premiere myself

since i have a vested interested there too....MAYBE!! ;):lol:

Heheh....that's like killing 3 birds with one stone for you, ne? :lol: Yeah, they'll stop in Japan for sure, well...JDG definitely, if not for Typhoon then for The Promise. :rolleyes:

11/07/05 at 02:45:20]Original Source: http://news.naver.com

Direct fight between “Running Wild” and “Typhoon” will not happen

[sports Chosun, 2005-11-06 14:58]

The anticipated top ‘Big Bang’ in Cineplex for the 2nd half of year 2005, the direct fight between two Korean blockbuster “Running Wild” (directed by Kim Sung-soo, production by Popcorn Film) and “Typhoon” (directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, production by Zininsa Film) would not happen.

Originally, these two movies would be released simultaneously on 15 December, but recently it’s reported that release date of “Running wild” has been delayed to 12 January next year. “Typhoon” is released on schedule, 14 December 2005.

According to Popcorn film the producer of “Running Wild”, the decision to delay the release was because of the latter half work of the music score.

--------- paragraphs on ‘Running Wild’ – omitted ----------

< Kim Chun-hong reporter, flash@>

11/10/05 at 23:48:10]Original source: http://news.naver.com

Jang Dong-gun Power is ‘A-class Typhoon’

[sports Korean 2005-11-10 07:21]

coming200511100714550.jpg

Finally the cinemas in the end of the year becomes JDG’s monopoly

Both Kwon Sang woo’s ‘Running Wild’ and Jang Jin-young’s ‘Blue Sparrow’ that initially were planned to be in ‘triangular’ fight with JDG’s ‘Typhoon’ (directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, production by Zininsa Film) changed the release schedule, therefore JDG was expected to splendidly color up the finale of Korean movies at the end of this year.

Also with the release of ‘Typhoon’, JDG would challenge Box office record of Korean movie that currently held by ‘Taegukgi’ (11.74 million viewers), the outcome is attracting public interest. Jang Dong-gun, who’s also the leading actor of ‘Taegukgi’, would set to renew his own record.

Because there’s no Korean movie to directly confront ‘Typhoon’, it would gear up for December cinema’s peak season. Initially had made preparation for 15 December release, ‘Blue Sparrow’ delayed its release to 29 December, while ‘Running Wild’ would be released on 13 January 2006.

The investor/distributor of ‘Typhoon’ CJ Entertainment is preparing large-scale marketing with aim to be the successor of the No 1 box-office ‘Taegukgi’.

It also aims the number of screens to be more than 513 screens of ‘Taegukgi’, with the target of more than 10 million viewers, multi billions of won would be earmarked for marketing advertising cost. It’s already observed that ‘Typhoon’ may renew various records, such as the first weekend viewers’ record and the fastest to reach 1 million viewers.

JDG’s movie ‘Typhoon’ already created extraordinary wave prior to release at theater, the outcome that would show the movie’s power, is being watched with interest.

Seo Eun-jung reporter, gale23@sportshankook.co.kr

Archived