2007 加油! 好男兒 (2007 "my Hero" Contest)

Guest takki_fanatic

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a couple of minutes of this last year in China...and it was just boring...lol...it's just all a huge popularity contest...so even the most talented may not be able to win in the end...like Super Girls...nobody who have won in the last seasons have any talent at all. None of these guys really stand out in terms of looks because a lot of them look so much like one another. I guess talent makes them stand out, but some of them really have no talent besides the looks department...at all...at least not from what I can tell from last years show.

I agree with most of what you said, but as for last year's contest, the guy who won first place was extremely talented. He is Tibetan, and he has the most beautiful voice and singing skill. Great dancer too, and actor.

As for SuperGirls, last year's top three all can sing very beautifully.

As for this year, i hav my eyes set on Kimi, great singer and charisma, really cute smile.

LuYang fron HangZhou kinda freaks me out, but he's soo pretty. I just like to stare at him while turning off the sound.

Zhang Sheng Qi from BeiJing is my fav so far. Great singer, great smile.

Aside from the contestants, the rest of the show is getting on my nerves. Some really stupid judges in my opinion, and the MC's are just uhhhh.

b_47044632A076050848E69BA9A12B7CEB.jpg

Zhang Sheng Qi

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bt6NgzdrGsk/

A video of his performance. An Xiang <---you don't wanna miss this.

The singing begins after like 20 secs.

Fu Xin Bo <--my fav from Hang Zhou

b_7C1FFA271C47DF2E6B08570E8BE5C3FC.jpg

Lu Yang <---sooo pretty, but soo womanish. He's soo skinny that i'm scared that he's gonna die from stress from pressure in the competition

3362417_11663721.jpg

3362421_11663721.jpg

3362415_11663721.jpg

3362423_11663721.jpg

3362416_11663721.jpg

m_9F66BCBB575625AE1CB1AF5751518DB1.jpg

m_58DD81BBF3FBBA7C075BAC133A079233.jpg

Top Five from HangZhou

b_14D7CC0D2A83197F34EA34E5BBA5000A.jpg

Lu Yang <--see above

Fu Xin Bo

m_307B5E2C0765233795D680D1E5133622.jpg

3362444_11663721.jpg

3362440_11663721.jpg

3362438_11663721.jpg

Chen Yi Long <---1st place winner

3362450_11663721.jpg

3362452_11663721.jpg

Li Jian

3362459_11663721.jpg

Wang Qiong

3362461_11663721.jpg

Guest huangmeixi

b_47044632A076050848E69BA9A12B7CEB.jpg

Zhang Sheng Qi

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bt6NgzdrGsk/

A video of his performance. An Xiang <---you don't wanna miss this.

The singing begins after like 20 secs.

Thanks for the video of an xiang. I love that song. And it's a great song to show off your skills too if you have them, although of course Sha Baoliang was much better at it.

Hanzhou's contestants are pretty...

Edit: Okay, Sha Baoliang did not do it better. Zhang rocks!

Guest xLOVEyu

just a quick question.

does anyone have pictures of wei bin from last year's competition or know a website that has some?

Guest i KITTY x3 =)*

Ohhh! It's a TV show right? =O What channel is it on the Chinese cable thing?! I wanna see xD

Guest huangmeixi

just a quick question.

does anyone have pictures of wei bin from last year's competition or know a website that has some?

Yeah, he's cute in an unconvenctional way. When my mom saw him though she took a step back in horror, and said not only does he look like a girl but he looks like one of those HK/Taiwan actors, lol.

Personally I think he looks like a mix of Pacey from Dawson's Creek and Li Yunchun from Supergirls. :P

49a2785202000cx2.jpg

49a27852020008aj.jpg

49a27852020009tv.jpg

49a27852020009tw.jpg

49a27852020009tx.jpg

Guest tally

none of the contestants this year really stand out to me....however, i am kinda rooting for Benji Schwartz (Shi Lei) just because i think it's so cool how an American learned Chinese by fate and ended up falling in love with the culture. I wanna see how far he'll go into the competition.

Guest huangmeixi

none of the contestants this year really stand out to me....however, i am kinda rooting for Benji Schwartz (Shi Lei) just because i think it's so cool how an American learned Chinese by fate and ended up falling in love with the culture. I wanna see how far he'll go into the competition.

Awww...don't root for the white guy. There's a bunch of white expatriates living in China and from reading their blogs I have no respect for any of them. Of course they're going to fall in love with the culture, what's not to love? It's the oldest surviving civilization on earth. Most of the expats end up learing tons more than the average ABC on Chinese culture but there's this mentality that they can't shake off that I hate whenever they write. They complain and yet they live off Chinese resources. They are the foreigners, and yet they act like they are wiser and laugh at misused English on street signs. Annoys the crap out of me. The only one I really admire is Da Shan, who came when China was still dirt poor and cared about Chinese culture before he actually got there. The vast majority of the rest are just bums who didn't have anywhere else to go and still complain about Chinese food, etc while talking about it like they know better.

If anyone wants a list of annoying white expat blogs in China, tell me. I can also tell you some good ones, usually of people who are older and not just post-colleges drifters.

Anyway, Lu Yang pics...

3cfe70fb5577d760024f56f4.jpg

ac6a383b4a06b5ee14cecbcd.jpg

9f7ec2071ac579c97b8947fc.jpg

35baea13da6afe065baf53f4.jpg

68ee01297f6a9cfa98250af1.jpg

21e3f3fc463ebff9fd037f82.jpg

I hope he makes it to the top ten! I need pretty in there!

Guest takki_fanatic

i was gonna give up on this, but i can't help myself because i love this competiton too much lol

anyways, updates on what happened for the past week

All the stations had their finals. The schedule for the show has changed due to sudden changes to how they want to set up for the stations to compete, as you all know, there are 8 stations, the show last night was to see which station is the most popular and which station is the least popular. the station with most votes would compete with the station with the least votes and the second popular station is going to compete with the second to the last popular station, this makes sense cuz they're eliminating 5 contestants from each two stations.

The results from last night's competiton (goes from the station with most votes to station with least votes)

ShengYang - i'm so happy, cuz this is my fav station this year :D

Shanghai

Bejing

Chendu

Wuhan

Hanzhou

Chongqing

Guangzhou

so the 5 final contestants from Shengyang station is competing against the 5 final contestants from Guangzhou, Shanghai competing with Chongqing, Beijing competing with Hanzhou and Chendu with Wuhan

Click their names for individual pictures!

here are some pictures from last night's competiton

Beijing's top 5

4q7h1e1.jpg

They are <3 Zhang Chao, <3 Bai XuXu (winner of beijing final), <3 Liu Shuai, Zhang ShengQi and Zhang Xu

Chendu's top 5

61ogxaa.jpg

They are Hu PuJia, <3 Zhang DianFei (winner of chendu final) , Li YiFeng, ZaXi DunZhu and <3 Wang Tao

Chongqing's top 5

67fi5g5.jpg

They are Cai JunTao, Han SeungHoon (winner of chongqing final, he's korean), Chen Chen, Liu MiaoMiao and Zhang Jian

Guangzhou's top 5

4qt1e2h.jpg

They are <3 Gao Lei (winnner of Guangzhou final), Teng ZiQi, Wang YiMing, Li HaoXuan and Zhu ZhiHuang

Hanzhou's top 5

6c6j72h.jpg

They are <3 Chen YiLong, (Winner of Hanzhou final), <3 Fu XinBo, Li Jian, <3 Lu Yang and Wang Qiong

Shanghai's top 5

52b9agk.jpg

They are Wang Rui (winner of shanghai final), <3 Qiao RenLiang (Kimi), <3 XiaoSong TuoYe (He's japanese) , Wang ChuanJun and Tai YanShi

Shengyang's top 5

6gcg095.jpg

They are <3 Jing BoRan (winner of Shenyang final), <3 Tan Xu, Fu Bo, <3 Liang Yan and Liu XueTao

Wuhan's top 5

66j8axk.jpg

They are Chen Di (Winer of Wuhan final), <3 Su YanMing, Yan An, <3 Shi Lei (Benji, he's american) and Sheng JieFeng

Guest haneul love

ok.. i think it's COMPLETELY weird how there's a white guy competing o_o he's not even mixed

it's the CHINA contest.. not american idol LOL

Guest huangmeixi

ok.. i think it's COMPLETELY weird how there's a white guy competing o_o he's not even mixed

it's the CHINA contest.. not american idol LOL

I don't think there's any reason why he can't compete if a Japanese and Korean can. Although the said can not be said for how they got so far.

Still I have to admit both the American and the Japanese are pretty hot. I think the Korean's kind of ugly though. But I guess he's got skills or something?

I'm suprised you don't really like anyone from Chongqing Takki_fanatic. Isn't that where Chen Kun and Tian Liang are from? I thought that city would be brimming with hot guys.

Guest takki_fanatic

I don't think there's any reason why he can't compete if a Japanese and Korean can. Although the said can not be said for how they got so far.

Still I have to admit both the American and the Japanese are pretty hot. I think the Korean's kind of ugly though. But I guess he's got skills or something?

I'm suprised you don't really like anyone from Chongqing Takki_fanatic. Isn't that where Chen Kun and Tian Liang are from? I thought that city would be brimming with hot guys.

lol to be honest, i watched all stations contest except for chongqing's, so i can't really say. I love chen kun but by looking at their pictures and watch short clips of them on shows, i don't find myself to like any of them and i was really suprised the korean guy won at their final, he's not exactly my favorite and i hope he didn't win cuz the korean wave :sweatingbullets:

i agree with you, i really like Benji and XiaoSong. i was really suprised on how good Benji speaks chinese, he's amazing, even though he studied chinese for a couple of years and been to china for nine months, but dang, chinese is hard to learn!! and when he sang "ZhongGuoXin" (chinese at heart) it melt my heart lol

and for XiaoSong, he looks perfect infront of that camera haha

did you watch all the contest, if you need links to download lemme know and i'll pm them to you, but you probably don't cuz you're good at finding sources right? hehe

haneul love it's not that weird, there was a white guy last year too haha...and there was more than one caucasian who joined the contest this year but they got eliminated and Benji's the only one left

Tan Xu, one of my favorite contestants this year

4ut2m9l.jpg

5zeq878.jpg

6253tzk.jpg

6bm2o1y.jpg

534n4fl.jpg

4vnp4ys.jpg

4zawnzl.jpg

505827k.jpg

with others from shenyang station

5zcl2es.jpg

6c5wh07.jpg

5x5as1c.jpg

4pj9qtk.jpg

Fu XinBo, another one of my favorites

4yfkz9x.jpg

4k9hphu.jpg

6gbq4qv.jpg

4mtu42u.jpg

5ykgr34.jpg

5yhk2te.jpg

6gbcm00.jpg

4xy8213.jpg

66myh61.jpg

61k173o.jpg

6cskoc5.jpg

Guest tally

Han Cheng Xuan (the korean contestant) reminds me of the dood from Goong (Jung Ji Hoon?) and a bit of Lee Jun Ki..

seriously though, it seems as if they were paying a lot of attention to him just cuz he's Korean or something.

does anyone else get a gay vibe from Benji? i know he has like a ballet dancer's background and all that, but i don't know... he's very METRO ;x

and the Japanese guy.... he looked so much shorter in the video than when i saw pics of him.

this year's contestants look very young and prepubescent, not very tall either.

Guest Metamorphosis

does anyone else get a gay vibe from Benji? i know he has like a ballet dancer's background and all that, but i don't know... he's very METRO ;x

this year's contestants look very young and prepubescent, not very tall either.

I was thinking about the samething, is Benji gay? Not that he acts gay or sounds gay, nor is there anything wrong wth being gay, but something is just fishy about him :sweatingbullets:

actually, most of the guys this year are over 180cm, which is almost 6 feet

a lot of them are like 183cm, which is 6ft, they're not short

it's hard to predict whos gunna make it to top 10 this year, a lot of them are talented than the guys from last year's competition, singing and dacing wise

Guest huangmeixi

lol to be honest, i watched all stations contest except for chongqing's, so i can't really say. I love chen kun but by looking at their pictures and watch short clips of them on shows, i don't find myself to like any of them and i was really suprised the korean guy won at their final, he's not exactly my favorite and i hope he didn't win cuz the korean wave :sweatingbullets:

i agree with you, i really like Benji and XiaoSong. i was really suprised on how good Benji speaks chinese, he's amazing, even though he studied chinese for a couple of years and been to china for nine months, but dang, chinese is hard to learn!! and when he sang "ZhongGuoXin" (chinese at heart) it melt my heart lol

and for XiaoSong, he looks perfect infront of that camera haha

did you watch all the contest, if you need links to download lemme know and i'll pm them to you, but you probably don't cuz you're good at finding sources right? hehe

haneul love it's not that weird, there was a white guy last year too haha...and there was more than one caucasian who joined the contest this year but they got eliminated and Benji's the only one left

Yeah, I don't know. The Korean does look like a lot of popular Koreans right now, but since I don't find either Lee Junki or the guy from goong to be good-looking maybe there's just some star appeal that the guy has that I'm missing. There is a very large Korean population in China though, isn't there? At least it boosts ratings.

I am actually very bad at finding sources. I can find pics or something okay...not as good as you, but links for download? I'm practically Chinese illiterate so I need help. Most of my vocab consists of celeb names, lol. Sigh...I really wish I could read it well. The only way I've been able to get around on Chinese sites is memorizing certain key words I need, and lots of experience and failed attempts.

Speaking of which, this might be really OT, but if you ever do another round of good-looking guys from CH/TW/HK can you include this guy? I hope he gets a break in the Chinese ent industry.

34O1DB1S00AJ0003.jpg

34O1DC5G00AJ0003.jpg

Img247742534.jpg

U2196P28T3D1512370F326DT20070409200.jpg

his sina page:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/f/qiji/index.html

Archived