forbidden

oOh-her

to shave?
a lot of my asian friends and i weren't allowed to shave our legs or get them waxed because our mothers forbade us. eventually, we just ended up just going out and buying razors without them knowing. i'm just surprised that i know of so many asian girls who weren't allowed to shave while very few were encouraged.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom wouldn't let me shave for a while because she thought I was clumsy and would accidentally cut myself, lol. So she had me use that Nair stuff for a while.. but I didn't really like it. So after a couple years or so, I tried shaving, didn't injure myself, and she's fine with it.

Guest xjaneeex

it's true. my mom didn't want me to shave because the hair will grow back thicker, making it uglier. i shaved anyways without telling her, but she probably knows i do shave because i don't have hair on my legs.

Guest Daisyblu89

my mom wouldn't let me shave, but then i kept talking her into it and over and over again and then she's like "OKAY! LEAVE ME ALONE" hahaha! it's a memeory i will not forget

Guest KIM_SAYS:

it's true. my mom didn't want me to shave because the hair will grow back thicker, making it uglier. i shaved anyways without telling her, but she probably knows i do shave because i don't have hair on my legs.

Same. I kinda HAD to start shaving because I was doing sports, especially cheerleading.

Dude. A cheerleader with hairy legs. :mellow:

Well, yeah. I started shaving secretly and she caught me one day. She wasn't mad or anything though.

Guest im` l0vEd

a lot of my asian friends and i weren't allowed to shave our legs or get them waxed because our mothers forbade us.

eventually, we just ended up just going out and buying razors without them knowing.

i'm just surprised that i know of so many asian girls who weren't allowed to shave while very few were encouraged.

yup. that was when i was lil. my dad and mom didn't want me to have thick leg hairs. mmm..

waxing helps alot for me NOT to get thick hair on my legs. DUDE! some places on my legs dont'even have hair when i shave now. like none grows back.

Guest Batgirl

it's true. my mom didn't want me to shave because the hair will grow back thicker, making it uglier.

not true =) you can tell her that

When the hair grows back it'll see thick because stubbles are typically thick and rough, but if u let the hair grow more, the hair thins out back to what it used to be

but yea i was like that too. Iono i guess my mom refused to believe i was growing up. But then one day i told her i wanted to shave my legs and she was like "what? You get hair on your legs?" and i said yes and she let me

Same. I kinda HAD to start shaving because I was doing sports, especially cheerleading.

Well, yeah. I started shaving secretly and she caught me one day. She wasn't mad or anything though.

^LOL. that would be a first.

my parents didn't let me shave but after refusing to wear shorts they finally let me get nair

a few weeks later I just bought my own razor and they didn't care

Guest sphynkter

-_- i got my legs laser hair removal because my aunt works

at one of those salons/spa. so i did it and its good!

oh i want to do that when i get older and have enough money. how did it feel to have it lasered?

not true =) you can tell her that

When the hair grows back it'll see thick because stubbles are typically thick and rough, but if u let the hair grow more, the hair thins out back to what it used to be

but yea i was like that too. Iono i guess my mom refused to believe i was growing up. But then one day i told her i wanted to shave my legs and she was like "what? You get hair on your legs?" and i said yes and she let me

eh i donno i still think that it comes back looking thicker no matter how long you let it grow out, because my mom told me not to shave it anymore when she caught me so then i just let it grow. but then it grew to the same length that it was before i shaved it and it was definitely darker. now i must shave because it looks gross if i don't.

Guest -- CRYSTAL.

same here, except it happened with swimming.

Guest babyy luckii

-_- i got my legs laser hair removal because my aunt works

at one of those salons/spa. so i did it and its good!

lucky :o my mom wouldnt allow me either but i did it anyway =x

one day i just said to her 'can you buy me a razor , please' and she said 'yep i'll get one today' , and that was it . ahaha~ i can't believe people's parents wouldn't let them shave . how slack .

Guest PizazzPizza88

i wasn't allowed to..i just bought the razors myself and started LOL

now my mom knows but she doesn't care anymore

i want to get them waxed..but i don't want to go out to do it..and i don't want to do it by myself either..i tried and it's messy and doesn't really work

well my mom didnt forbid me to, but she didn't want me to. i had no black hairs on my legs and then all of my friends were shaving so i felt left out and begged my mom and she let me after a while. man i shouldve just listened to her. but my hairs barely grow. lucky me. haha.

my mom forbids me to put foundation or powder on my face. it's not like i need it anyway, but i learned the hard way from shaving that i should just listen to my mom haha.

Archived