Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival | Daejeon Film Festival 2024|'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8

OksanaSiytra

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY THURSDAY

Please check these "The Cat  news from @jbarky. Really appreciate her effort because it is very hard to find news translated to English for "The Cat"

PMY Screeams 51 times for The Cats

Box Office Report N The Cat

3 more episodes to go !!!!! then Min Young, you can rest and sleep as much as you want !!

sleep.jpg

sofa2.jpg

111.jpg

20101010_skks4_seoulbeats.jpg

I read this ....

According to AGB Nielson Media Research, the first episode of "The Princess' Man" on the 20th rated 10.2%. The fact that it started off with a two-digit rating is very inspiring at a time when it doesn't often happen, however there is doubt on how long this can last. This is because the other drama that's airing at the same time, "City Hunter" is showing amazing endurance. "City Hunter" on this day rated 18.8% and got close to 20%. Another competitor MBC "Heart Strings" rated 5.7% coming in last.

For "The Princess' Man" to survive, it has to withstand "City Hunter"s persistence. Close to its end, "City Hunter" is likely to break through 20% as the story is now getting more and more intense. Lee Yoon-seong's (Lee Min-ho) father turned out to be the president (Cheon Ho-jin) and the romance with Kim Na-na (Park Min-yeong) is at its peak.

Credit Hancinema.

And this : the romance with Kim Na-na (Park Min-yeong) is at its peak. REALLY ????<_<

@JzzMeen

I'm happy to see a PMY fan translating her news in English...maybe we could invite him/her to this thread???

Thanks for the pictures..love all of them especially...(you know what..^_^)

I'm not getting my hopes high in that statement because somebody also mentioned before about the kiss scene in the Han River, but it didn't happen!!! That was so frustrating..If ever this would be true, then that's the time I would rejoice.. :rolleyes:

anhso-215912_PNG687.jpg

anhso-215914_PNG688.jpg

credits to PMY's viet site

CH making ep 16

Look at how Min Ho looked at her... :wub: , and she's really strong because in spite of that hurting scene...she could still laugh and joke around with the crew...^_^

Guest juliez123

hey guys! thanks for the pictures! ahh pmy so awesome.

and i agree with you guys about PMY being strong and dedicated. i love that about her. haha the stare..oh yeah. lmh rawr.

and >< what peak...this romance is like taking a backseat right now bc of the father storyling being unfolded. ahh i i just want something dramatic and hot to happen. like pmy ripping lmh's shirt off LOL. jk. but anyways, i think there will be a bell scene at the end though, where they meet again. that would be nice..and a season 2? haha

Guest JzzMeen

hey guys! thanks for the pictures! ahh pmy so awesome.

and i agree with you guys about PMY being strong and dedicated. i love that about her. haha the stare..oh yeah. lmh rawr.

and >< what peak...this romance is like taking a backseat right now bc of the father storyling being unfolded. ahh i i just want something dramatic and hot to happen. like pmy ripping lmh's shirt off LOL. jk. but anyways, i think there will be a bell scene at the end though, where they meet again. that would be nice..and a season 2? haha

This is another proof that shows how dedicated, strong and professional she is ....

15b880b281785a207946bc0d6c675f11_large.jpg

SSD released teaser stills of Park Min Young from tonight’s episode of “City Hunter.” As shown in the preview for episode 18, Kim Nana (Park Min Young) was kidnapped and tied underwater in an attempt to catch the City Hunter (Lee Min Ho).  

Filming took place on Monday at the 63 Sea Worlds in the 63 Building,  the tallest skyscraper in Seoul. Because it is one of the popular  destinations for local tourists, filming had to take place after hours.  Park Min Young bravely completed the necessary shoot underwater with  both her hands and feet tied. Filming was especially difficult and  grueling for both Park Min Young and the crew because it took place in a  real saltwater filled tank at the aquarium. Not only was the water  salty, but the water temperature was close to zero degrees Celsius.

While the sharks were taken out, all the other living creatures were  kept to make the scene as real as possible. Special underwater equipment  was brought in to create a beautiful cinematographic effect of the  shots. Despite the challenging and tiring process, Park Min Young never  let it show how exhausted she was.

A representative of SSD stated, “She wasn’t just underwater. Both her  hands and feet were tied, and she probably had a much more difficult  time than she lets on. It’s vital for the actors and the crew to have  perfect timing for underwater shootings, and the process only gets more  grueling if either one makes an NG. Luckily, Park Min Young and the crew  were able to safely complete shooting; and while it’s a critical,  serious scene, it’s portrayed very beautifully.”

Credit to hotshotlover30@SOOMPI's News

Park Min Young poses with her “City Hunter” co-star Yang Jin Sung

20110720_parkminyoung_jinsung.jpg

Park Min Young recently introduced her ‘best friend’ on Twitter.

On July 19th, the actress tweeted, “Kim Nana Guard and best friend Shin Eun Ah Guard. Is your mate Ko Ki Joon or Shik Joong ahjussi?“.

She also uploaded a picture of herself posing with her co-star, Yang Jin Sung. The two smiled brightly for the camera.  Their cute eye smiles and refreshing appearances charmed fans.

Netizens commented, “You two are best friends in real life too”, “I can’t take my eyes off of this photo”, “Pretty people only hang out with other pretty people.

The two actresses are currently starring in SBS’s ‘City Hunter‘ as best friends.

Source: Star News via Nate

Source: allkpop

Hi all,

Who can't help admire this girl who is the epitome of professionalism and goes through the most grueling scenes with a smile on her face? :) She has gone through so much physical and mental exhaustion during the filming, but as the crew themselves say, does not make a great deal out of it. Min Youngshhi fighting!!!

Great to see the body guards together. I am pretty sure they will still keep in touch after CH ends as she has done with Kim Min Seo. Yang Jin Sung is also so pretty and love Shin Eun Ah's scenes with Ko Ki Joon. Funny how he tweeted back saying she should pick him. Ha ha.

@JzzMeen

Thanks a lot, dear! I am now wondering what new name they will give Nana after this scene? Ke ke

Anyway, I hope PMY gets due recognition for all that she has done. She is strong-willed, this girl! When will I ever see PMY on horseback in a drama? :( Also, more action scenes for PMY! Pretty please!

@juliez123

I don't think CH will ever rise to your X-rated expectations as far as the make out scenes go. Lol. But really hoping that the romance scenes would not take a backseat now that we have so few episodes left.

Won't blame LMH at all for the 'look'. :P  I think it is also part admiration for her going through such a difficult scene and not making any fuss about it. I think  Hara was also feeling bad for her from the way she put her arms around her.

@yamashi

Who are all those people around LMH and PMY? The crew or people who had come visiting and couldn't believe their luck seeing PMY and LMH at close quarters? :D Maybe CH fans who visited the shooting site.

Another picture of PMY.  She's so cute here

Innocent%20temptation%20Park%20Min-ying,%20South%20Korean%20actress%20%2837%29.jpg

Yay! :) Thanks for the pic, saved2k. Keep posting more pics here!

Thank you for your patience.  So happy I can finally post some pics of PMY

PMY sure knows how to play baseball :)

181010_ParkMinYoung_4.jpg

Guest JzzMeen

s_title_e%2888%29.gif

star_big%2815%29.jpg

Park Min-young is  known as Korea's Olivia Hussey and is loved for her beautiful features.  She acted bright and upbeat characters, as well as chic and cold ones in  many productions. Park Min-young is in her fifth year as an actress  this year. During the 5 years, she modeled for many commercials and  secured her spot as a top-notch actress.

The greatest advantage about Park Min-young would be her wide acting  spectrum, as she showed her qualities in many works, including sitcoms  and even historical dramas. She became known to the public by playing  the mysterious girl 'Yoo-mi' in the 2006 hit sitcom 'High Kick!' Since  then, she broadened out her acting career by securing the lead roles in  the dramas 'I Am Sam,' 'Princess Ja Myung Go' and other productions.

However, the drama 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' placed Park Min-young on the  top. She perfectly acted out the character 'Yoon-hee' , who  cross-dresses as a guy, and received support from both her male and  female fans.

Whether it's acting or beauty, Park Min-young has it all! Nowadays, she  is working with actor Lee Min-ho in the hit drama 'City Hunter' and is  living a life as the character 'Nana' . She acts as a bodyguard at  Cheongwadae, the presidential office and is throwing herself into this  role.

Park Min-young filmed her first ever movie. Until now, she showed her  potential as an actress by acting out various genres, and this time, she  transformed into a horror queen through the movie titled 'The Cat.' In  this movie, Park Min-young acts as a claustrophobic pet shop beautician  named 'So-yeon'. She raises a cat whose owner died under suspicious  circumstances and gets swept up in mysterious fear and death. As the  main theme of this movie is about cats, Park Min-young said she had a  tough time, as she had to film many scenes with cats. However, despite  her hardships, she showed excellent concentration throughout the filming  and received lavish praises from the staff members.

Park Min-young received the rookie actress award, something which actors  can only receive once in their careers. She also received the Netizen  Award, chosen by the public, and the best actress ward at various award  ceremonies, and is recognized for her fame and acting talents. Park  Min-young is full of passion and isn't afraid to trying out new things.  We're sure this passion will become a foothold for her to grow into a  mature actress. Park Min-young is a kaleidoscopic actress who undergoes  many transformations, and we will definitely look forward to her future  changes.

Credit  : Arirang

Who is  Olivia Hussey? Just googled her... but why MinYoung is Korea's Olivia Hussey ???? :unsure:

From ALLKPOP

In case you aren’t aware, Olivia Hussey is a movie star who is most famous for her role as Juliet in the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet. She is also recognized as one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Aside from Park Shi Yeon, SES‘ Eugene is another Korean celebrity who is said to resemble Olivia Hussey.

Credit : ALLKPOP.

Is MY resembles Olivia Hussey as well....???

@Saved2k....yay !! you managed to post pictures......keep on posting.. :w00t:

Guest MC_Lee

wow! she is so dedicated.

I can't wait to see her in the new episode of City Hunter.

her hands and feet were tied and she carried out that scene perfectly.

such a professional.

Guest juliez123

201105171503481001_1.jpg

i adore seeing pics of her relationship with goo hara, it seems like pmy is really taking care of her. its so cute!

PP11051700137.JPG

the video for this pres conf. was super adorable and cute haha how yj tried to pull pmy away from lmh haha

man the news about how pmy bravely and professionally did the under the water scene is so impressive! im so impressed by her and am happy that she's showing everyone that she's daring, willing , professional, serious about her acting and making it perfect. yeah! love lvoe love it.

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY FRIDAY..

It is end of the week already... so another week to go....

NANA in the aquarium was reported in various news sites today..

I feel proud of her... although lately she didn't have much screen time in City Hunter, but when her news being released,

(Judo training, actions stunts done by her , attacked by tomatoes/eggs and underwater scene) , they just showed how a dedicated and committed actress is.

Although she is a petite size but she has a great physical and mental strength.

@yama , the video sisn't seem to work for me... maybe try again later... thanks for the link...

CITY HUNTER' S  PARK MIN YOUNG : SWEET AND FULL OF FUN

2011072200390_0.jpg

Photo by KinKong Ent.

Guest MC_Lee

that City Hunter mirror she uses is so cute, and she likes Starbucks! I think that's a green tea frappucino in her hand? :phew:

Guest JzzMeen

HELLO AND HAPPY FRIDAY

Another MULRANG  in the modern world video... but I think it has a sad ending... ..

WATCH MULRANG VIDEO 

Ok.. finally  I watched the arirang video... it wont work if i use Firefox... but when I used IE then it is okay.

It is a nice interview and I think it was during VIP premier of "The Cat".

ebb095ebafbcec98811.jpg

Here, I'm sharing the interview ... ( I hope I copied exactly the same texts written  as in the arirang video !!!!:sweatingbullets:)

Why did you choose a horror movie as your silver screen debut production?

When i first read this production the title was “the cat” , so i didnt think it is a horror movie, but .. Just thought it was a cute film at first. So i started reading it ,and  though i dont like horror genre, i read it well. The fact that so yeon the leading role sees this child’s  mental state and leads it until the end of the movie is very attractive.

It’s horror but it isn’t the startling horror, but a kind of captivating horror that aroused the desire in me to try it out.  So i chose it.

What role did you play in “the cat”?

I play a pet beautician named “so -yeon”. She really likes cats and stays  close to them. Then she start taking care of the cat named “bi-dan” and accidents start to happen around her. The only witness of the murder cases is “bi-dan” and start asking myself and can’t help but try to solve the case. Then she gets wrapped up in it and has to untwine  it.

Any episodes during the filming?

People said that doing movies with children and animals are really hard, but in this movie we have cats and children. So there were many difficulties during the filming. In the case of cats, it was hard for us to film with just one cat and each of them have their distinct personalities. The cats, they look similar, but the five of them..

You alternated the cat?

Yes, there is one that scratch well, one that plays well, a cat that sleep well..so we did the filming by calling each one of them by saying,  bring ha-neul, or bring ba-da. So we treated them like our masters.

The cats?

As the cats should be in good moods.

Isn’t the action acting is hard in “city hunter”?

Honestly, i don’t know. Using my body to act is hard, but it is really worthwhile.

We usually filming at dawn, so it wakes me up.  As i work out. There are times where the actors’ eyes are sparkling more when they film action scenes, the harder you work,  the better it look on the screen, so the hard work shows. So i am having fun with the filming. As it is a new genre.

What role did you remember the most?

The role “yoo-mi” in high kich is small, but it was distinct with a strong personality so i remember that the most. I think i remember the hardest production the most.

So sungkyunkwan scandal “yoon hee”  is the most memorable, and now, i’m filming “city hunter”, so i’ve become “nana”...but i think the hardest was “yoon hee”. While i was filming that,  i wondered if i would ever do such a hard production once again in my acting career, but as it was really hard, it is the most memorable and i really loved the character “yoon hee”, and now i have “nana” .

I heard that sungkyunkwan scandal is highly anticipated  oversea?

I thought it will be difficult to succeed overseas, at first. It is a historical drama, and is about sungkyunkwan . It’s something we know , but it is unknown concept for oversea viewers. I wondered how they will take it in, but suprisingly, thanks to the development of internet, everyone watched it. In real time. Many wrote saying that it was really fun, and i wondered if it has potential , and from what i know, it will soon start airing in japan, and i hope it succeeds. It is difficult but it is the same context. It is a historical drama and the period is different, but the way people live is the same so if you pay attention to those traits, i hope everyone will see it in the good way. I hope it becomes a huge hit.. Sungkyunkwan scandal.

What is the secret of wrapping up the cover of  your scripts?

If the scripts become tattered or dirty... I dont know ... that could be traces of your hard work, but I like it when it is nicely and neatly covered. At first, I  just did it, but then, my stylist does it for me. It is neat and nice to look at.

Your personality shows.

Is there a character which resembles your actual  personality?

I think i have “yoo mi” inside of me, i have “eun byeol” from drama “ i am sam”,  i have “yoon hee”, i have “nana”. I dont think there is anything without  a bit of me in them. My personality changes a lot when i do productions, and change again when i resumed my work . So now, i dont think i am a cold and chic city lady. I often hear that  i’ve become more easy going. I really dont pay attention to that, so i dont think  i am a cold and chic city lady.

What kind of an actress do you wish to be remembered as by the public?

I need to be a path where i can become a true actress, someone who can be trusted as an actress,  whose productions people can enjoy , who can cry and laugh with the audience, and i will work hard to achieve my dream.

Last words to our viewers.

In the abundant of blockbusters released this summer, please love “the cat” , which will take care of the korean horror genre movies, and do show a lot of interest. It was an honor for me to meet everyone with a beautiful and seductive horror movie. I will continue to greet everyone through excellent works. Stay healthy and happy. Goodbye.

ready-for-the-weekend.jpg

Have A Great Weekend Everyone !!  :D

Hello all! Happy Friday!

@Yamashi02

Thanks dear for the arirang video. :)

@JzzMeen

Thanks dear for all the trouble you took to post the Q&A of the Arirang video. And also thanks for the Mulrang video. Again, they have done it well though I don't like the sad ending. :(

@saved2k

I am also voting everyday. I think she is the actress with the greatest number of votes in Korea? It is the international fans who are making the difference in the total vote count. :(

Mc_Lee

I too LOLd seeing the CH mirror remembering how LMH loves looking at the mirror. :P

@Yama and JzzMeen

I really enjoyed watching the arirang video and hope they feature more of her since it does make it easier for us international fans to understand her thoughts and views better.  Was really amused by the backstory of  'CAT'. I am so glad she took up that role which seems to have challenged her acting skills and given here a whole new experience. I am LONGING to watch it. Wonder how long I will have to wait. :(

It is great to see her as being talked about in the "maturing into a top actress" category. Hope CH gives her more international fans!

Would love to see her in an action movie since she too enjoys it so much. A rom-com movie would be fine too. :wub:

When she did the "meow" with the cat looking at the mirror, I almost got scalded with the hot tea I was drinking. It was so random and cute! :D

Dear MinYoungsshi, we also hope you become the "true actress" you dream of becoming by taking on challenging roles, making us laugh and cry with you and getting due recognition for all your hard work and positive attitude.

I think SKKS has already aired in Japan. The DVD is out, no? I hope she has got some Japanese fans. Wonder whether there are any Japanese forums dedicated to her! I am sure, CH being so popular and an LMH drama, it will get her more international fans.

I wish there were more Nana scenes in the past CH episodes. If they had not changed the story arc to make Nana not a part of the revenge track and  had not made her just watch from the sidelines, I personally feel CH would have been able to integrate the romance track with the main revenge track better. She is not  just  the love interest of YS and was someone who had the ability to give him more than the moral support. Anyway, hope they do make use of Nana more in the last 2 episodes