Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting in September!/ Three nominations at Korea Drama Festival 2024

OksanaSiytra

@Gogeous,

Honey, the path you walk is sure going to break your heart. Nothing as  terrible as falling for the second lead who ends up with a broken heart  and you wish you could get into the television to wipe away his tears. :D  So my sympathies. Yet, the heart has its reasons and you can't help  whom you fall for.  And I admit  it is hard not to fall for Lee Joon  Hyuk. His first scene with Nana was just awesome. While I like the  Spidermans n the Batmans of the world, I admire those who work within  the constraints of the law to punish the guilty coz theirs is the harder  n more frustrating job. But I like YS also which I couldn't say for some of the  K-drama main leads whom I hated from the bottom of my heart.:D Anyway, I too want some LJH-KN scenes. Want to see their chemistry too. They look so good together in the pics.

Though I had joined Soompi earlier, the whole fun experience of finding a thread as your home came to me also bcoz of PMY. Yes, hunting for articles, google translating, spazzing mad mad things, watching videos carefully straining your ears hoping frequent listening will reveal the mysteries of the Korean language to you. Really, my life has almost come to revolve around this thread. :D

First time I am supporting an actor like this or joining a group dedicated to an actor. It has been a great experience so far.:)

@yamashi02

Ha ha. Good that you will have Gogeous for company. Who knows I too may join you though bcoz of  terrible past experiences in this matter, I am trying to guard my heart! But I agree with your analysis of their loveline and their offscreen chemistry. Lee Joon Hyuk seems to be a bit shy around PMY though that didn't prevent him from trying to pull her away from Lee Min Ho at the Press Conf. :P

I wish they could have carried the misunderstanding in the first scene to a few more. We would have had many more laughs and perhaps then something could have happened. :(But, by the K-drama rule, misunderstandings are always the first leads' property.

Yes, the ahjummas are super amazing. But I am still madly hoping for an SKKS 2 or even an SKKS movie.

@jasonLuo

Thanks Jason for continuing with the good work. Pizza before bed, now that's one area where I can imitate her( though the results won't be the same). :D

Didn't know there was a rumour about her voice as well. How mad is this world!!!

@Jzz

As always, loved your captions. But it's great to see all of them having such fun together. She looks compatible with everybody, even with Kim Min Seo. :P Ha ha

Good night everyone. Waiting for tomorrow night.

Guest beth_21719

just woke up came here right away man i lovin it all the pictures LMH and my beuatiful PMY they look good together :w00t: i can't wait tomorrow episode ...........................:wub:

Guest JasonLuo

@mimi26

According to another interview, Min-Young said that she did try to act like a man in her first try in "Sunkyunkwan Scandal". But the director said, First, as the arrangement of script, her female identity would be exposed very soon; Second, concerning to Min-Young's appearance, it is very hard for her to act just like a man; Third, just a short time ago, there were at least two actresses act like a man and made achievement. Min-Young should make some difference so that audiences would not feel tired of similar role. Min-Young accepted those suggestion and tried to focus on expressing role's strong character, not just acted as a man. As what we knew, she got it.

@beth_21719

Yeah, they look good together, at the same time awkwardly shy with each other, haha...They seem to play and joke around the set, based on their interactions on-cams and interviews. I guessing Min Young has a "crush" on Joon Hyuk, based on the pictures, or maybe admiration, can't blame her because I find Joon Hyuk very charming too!!haha...Too bad Joon Hyuk's ideal seems to be our Min Young, ok i won't bother, since its MY and JH's in good hands..^_^

@mimi26

You're right, I also happen to be inlove with the second lead, having hit by the "second lead syndrome" but end up being broken hearted for not being able to be with the main girl at the end..how I wish Korean dramas have 2 endings wherein the girl ends up with both of the guys, which I guess is impossible since it would be useless to have that kind of ending, but in this way will people like us won't be broken hearted..I think Ah In thought the same, that's why he wanted to be MY's lead next time.. :D

@JasonLuo

I remembered seeing that article also, she tried to act like a man but the director told her not to, and since her face is so pretty that in reality it cannot pass as a male's face, and because Yoon Hee's character is a strong woman not a man, she just showed her strong side, what's good..

I'm so happy to see a lot commenting on this page and even new ones coming...BTW, city hunter ep 3 is tonight!!can't wait, I barely survived for the past week because of my CH's daily dosage. I'm happy that Min Young's enjoying the filming of CH, she caould get some rest and the burden is not too heavy because Lee Min Ho has the most number of scenes. In an interview yeasterday, she mentioned that she almost died when filming SKKS because she has the most number of scenes and they are like filming 23 hours a day in full make-up and she suffered physically and mentally, I too noticed how exhausted she looked from the later episodes, so it's good to have the J3 as her company so her stress would lessen, I remembered Ah In being asked about his message on the three last march for the SKKS magazine, he said normal things to the two boys but when it's MY turn, he paused for a while and said, "aren't you too serious?"...showing how much dedicated MY is to her work..

I enjoy reading everyone's post here so let's make this thread more lively as usual!! :D

Good day!! :lol:

CH press con (english subs)

English sub for a portion of the interview...Min Young's really so kind to Goo Ha Ra, Hara said that Min Young is her teacher on set haha...and LOL at Min Young telling that she sometimes cannot answer her questions..

She learned judo for a month?? she must have worked hard to be able to master the basics of judo in a month...kudos to her..^_^

Oh..and stalkers seem to be increasing in Korea, there are a lot of female celebrities being attacked...Min Young also experienced the same when she was in the USA, she said that a white male(maybe pertaining to an american guy) chased after her for 1 year, he seemed to be persistent.. :ph34r:

creepy stalkers..

Guest beth_21719

:mellow:hi all i have to wait one more night cause its tuesday evening here i'm going

crazy cause all i do is came  checking if there a new post i love all the

post here my god this is the first i'm doing like this ha ha ha ha  but its fan ...............see u later on again .................i love the closeness of LMH and PMY ................:w00t:  

Guest JasonLuo

*quoted image*

Supporting JzMeen's post about Park Min Young being the anticipated "Horror queen" this summer, I'd like to post the results of the poll that was conducted..It's evident that PMY's Cats has a very large gap with Park Bo Young's "Unconfirmed video"..out of 1963, she got 1155 votes, a complete landslide..Hoping that Cats would be a blockbuster hit in korea, or maybe have a VIP screening so that Min Young can invite her "friends"..^_^

@JasonLuo

First of all welcome to the thread and feel free to post..thank you very much for you initiative of translating Min Young's chinese articles in english, we're really finding a translator who could translate some of her interviews and articles in English...I am actually a member of MY's chinese site however I can't understand chinese so it will be a VERY great help on our part if you could translate it for us, then can I request now??hehe...though I could barely understand her chinese articles when I use google translate, still, it's not enough..oh, this article came from her chinese site, here's the link:

the link..^^

(I find the article interesting and humorous..^_^)

Good day!! ^_^

Here is the third paragraph,

[Final TOC2] Park Min-Young used to study in US

Study in US for 3 years with her older sister

-- Used to be a international student

-- Hehe, it lost face. I companied my older sister, so I stayed in US high school for 3 years

-- was there any funny things?

-- That city paid attention on education and it was quiet city. our activities narrow among school, home, and church. We killed time by watching video disks. I watched "Woman's World ", "First king dynasty ", and "Beautiful days" in that period.

-- It should be some sexual news, such as, some boy tried to court you?

-- Yes, it did. a white boy tried to pursue me for one year. but he failed.

-- Your ability to English should be very good?

-- My ability to English become rusty. but it is good enough for common communication.

For acting in "SKKS" lost 5 kg weight. For "City hunter" do hard in Judo

-- Is "SKKS" unforgettable?

-- Yes. it gave me much emotion when I was in hesitation. I had a very happy time with the other 3 idols. I did my best, so that I feel happy that I took responsibility to myself

-- How about the "City hunter"?

-- This time I act as a guard. a guard for president but having a common living. I am interesting in this role because I have not tried modern drama for a long time. Recently, I learned Judo because the role is a guard beside the president. It is a issue that my action is too stiff. I heard that I need to knock Lee Min-Ho down many times. Hehe...

-- You also step on movie recently?

-- "Cat" will be on screen this summer. I finish reading script quickly. compared to horror, I enjoy the mental preparation much more. I don't dare to watch horror movie before.

-- If it needs you to do some sort of naked...?

-- In that case, for sure it will be uncomfortable. but I have to do it if it is necessary. In "SKKS" and in "Princess Ja-Myung", the scene of bathroom became issues. But I don't think those scenes can be cut off.

Cried may times for dislike the role in "High kick"

It was okay until the fourth interview. In fact I cried may time because I did not like this role. I wanted to act emotional drama. I felt unconfident because it was a comedy role. Now I consider it caused by losing balance in my mind at that moment

-- And met big frustration after then

-- Unable to participate 3 following works after "Princess Ja-Myung", and then nobody invite me to act. It affect me a lot. Now I don't want to take a rest. It may caused by that experience. Otherwise I will feel that I am unemployed.

Man in my dream should be able to tolerate what I do. May get married after 30 years old

-- What is the man in your dream?

-- My character vary based on ambience, so I need a man who can tolerate what I do, and understand me.

-- Your plan of getting married?

-- It is too early to think about it. may be after my 30? Hopefully get two children, one boy and one girl after getting married.

-- Any confidant in acting field?

-- I am familiar with Jessica, Member of Girls' Generation. I knew her form the period of high school, and members of "SKKS", and Gu Ha Ra, member of K-ara

-- Finally, any comment as an actress?

-- I thought of the struggles as an actress when I was a child. Now I feel grateful for everything which already happened. they are not bad things. I also feel grateful for concerns and passion from fans

Today, Park Min-Young drink white wine with some red herb. She said it is more comfortable for drinking. She can take the whole bottle of wine if she want. (She) like to go to dance after taking wine. In last annul company dinner, she was the first one shout to take "second round". She learned how to play cards from Yoo Ah In, but she enjoy reading much more. She said she want to step on music if she get such a opportunity. That day, Park Min-Young finished 9 bottle of white wine with her agents (4 persons in total). (She) felt reluctant to leave when they were dismiss.

** Translated by 兜兜猪@朴敏英国际后援会(China)

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Wednesday... yaay... City Hunter Ep03 day...

Sharing this.. to those who have not read it.... thanks to @jbarky for the translation... the same person who did CH Recaps

You can give your comments on this article here...   LINK

Park Min Young, “People Don’t Like the Casting? Judge after the Drama is Over”

Park Min Young showed a strong stance for fans of the original “City Hunter” manga/anime that have complaints about the cast for SBS’ “City Hunter.” On May 31st a press conference was held that revealed the shooting set for “City Hunter.” Lee Min Ho, Park Min Young, and Goo Hara were at the event. Through “City Hunter” it is Park Min Young’s second time being a part of a project that is an interpretation of an original source, the other one being, “Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal.

Park Min Young said, “I know that people are saying that action scenes don’t really fit my image and there is a lot of anticipation because of the fans of the original City Hunter,” “But, I find that it is difficult to have casting that everyone can agree with. People will always be a bit disappointed. I joined this cast knowing this.

She continued by saying, “The original has its charm, but there is also great fun in breaking prejudice as an actress,” “That is why the original does not give me too much burden.” “Before I started this drama I did not read the original series. I would like to be judged after the drama is finished.

Lee Min Ho had similar things to say, “In the case of City Hunter there are a lot of male fans. The fans of the original are probably used to the charisma of an older man. However I am only 25. I had already heard that this role might not fit me, but I decided to ignore those sayings. As I have made the choice to do City Hunter, I believe that through my acting there will be a character with a new charm.

Source: Star News

Poor Min Young....:(  it is OKAY... prove them wrong ... do you best... probably that is the reason why she works very hard ... to silence off all their criticisms... but you already proved it once... I'm sure you can do it again  this time.... Fighting Min Young !!!!

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

can't wait for the day that you'll prove them wrong

You Go girl. Park Min Young fighting! ;)

Guest JzzMeen

@ JasonLuo Thanks for the translation ... reading your translation make us know her better....

-- You also step on movie recently?

-- "Cat" will be on screen this summer. I finish reading script quickly. compared to horror, I enjoy the mental preparation much more. I don't dare to watch horror movie before.

So MinYoung scared of horror movie too... but you are not alone... I will try to watch your "CAT" although I might close my eyes on most tense and scary parts...

-- And met big frustration after then

-- Unable to participate 3 following works after "Princess Ja-Myung", and then nobody invite me to act. It affect me a lot. Now I don't want to take a rest. It may caused by that experience. Otherwise I will feel that I am unemployed.

I wonder why she didn't participate in those 3 works. I heard "Princess Ja-Myoung" didn't receive favourable ratings..and some people hate her character because she is a villain in it. Is she being blamed for those bad ratings? I dont watch that drama.. but I watched some clips of it. She looks beautiful donning those traditional costumes.

Such a painful experience make her want to work non-stop ..?.:( No wonder she has no rest from SKKS filming until now.. but I think she shouldn't be too hard on herself.. I hope she will enjoy and have fun in everything she does..

-- Any confidant in acting field?

-- I am familiar with Jessica. Member of Girl Generation. I knew her form the period of high school, and members of "SKKS", and Gu Ha Ra, member of K-ara

Looks like she knows Hara before filming City Hunter... so that's explain why they look very close and comfortable with each other, unni-dongsaeng relationship. I'm glad that she put SKKS members as her confidant..sharing ups and downs for months ..definitely she treasures their friendship..

Guest beth_21719

@ Jason Lou thank you for the translation i'm so happy reading it :w00t:   ............................................

i hope she find her the right man for her i did not know that

she studies here in  states i wonder what states that she leave here ?:rolleyes:          

@JasonLuo

Thanks a lot JasonLuo for the translation. And for clarifying the 'acting like a man' part. So it was based on the director's suggestion. It was the right decision according to me. But who can convince those who go on about how her acting was bad coz she didn't act like a man? Anyway, great to know all the thinking that went into playing Yoon Hee.:)

It is a wonderful interview( thanks yama for finding this one, it truly is interesting). I have never read such a one-on-one interview with her.

She drinks a lot, then. :D Fit to be the soju model. Yes, that fear seems to be there that she won't get acting offers or be busy otherwise. No wonder she took up so many CFs and wasted no time in joining CH and CAT once SKKS ended.

I had read before also that she didn't like her 'High Kick Role'. Good that it has all worked out fine. :)

@yama

It is good that she doesn't have as many scenes as LMH since she has had too hectic a year. It is LMH who is losing sleep over CH. Poor guy! :D How mean of the girls to laugh at him when he said he is playing a Ph.D from MIT. :P

@Jzz

She is used to proving others wrong. Let's hope she can do it once more. :)

In an earlier interview, she said there were projects that didn't work out after 'Princess JM'. I too have seen only clips and wondered why ppl said she can't  do action coz that seemed pretty high on action.  It's always a great thing to hear that actors r keeping in contact with one another even after a project ends and more so for something special like SKKS.

Guest beth_21719

Happy Wednesday... yaay... City Hunter Ep03 day...

Sharing this.. to those who have not read it.... thanks to @jbarky for the translation... the same person who did CH Recaps

You can give your comments on this article here...   LINK

Park Min Young, “People Don’t Like the Casting? Judge after the Drama is Over”

Park Min Young showed a strong stance for fans of the original “City Hunter” manga/anime that have complaints about the cast for SBS’ “City Hunter.” On May 31st  a press conference was held that revealed the shooting set for “City  Hunter.” Lee Min Ho, Park Min Young, and Goo Hara were at the event. Through “City Hunter” it is Park Min Young’s second time being a part  of a project that is an interpretation of an original source, the other  one being, “Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal.

Park Min Young said, “I know that people are saying that action  scenes don’t really fit my image and there is a lot of anticipation  because of the fans of the original City Hunter,” “But, I find that it  is difficult to have casting that everyone can agree with. People will  always be a bit disappointed. I joined this cast knowing this.

She continued by saying, “The original has its charm, but there is also great fun in breaking prejudice as an actress,” “That  is why the original does not give me too much burden.” “Before I  started this drama I did not read the original series. I would like to  be judged after the drama is finished.

Lee Min Ho had similar things to say, “In the  case of City Hunter there are a lot of male fans. The fans of the  original are probably used to the charisma of an older man. However I am  only 25. I had already heard that this role might not fit me, but I  decided to ignore those sayings. As I have made the choice to do City  Hunter, I believe that through my acting there will be a character with a  new charm.

Source: Star News

Poor Min Young....:(  it is OKAY... prove them wrong ... do you best... probably that is the reason why she works very hard ... to silence off all their criticisms... but you already proved it once... I'm sure you can do it again  this time.... Fighting Min Young !!!!

FIGHTING   PMY    :)   FOR ME YOU YOUR THE BEST ...................... AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ONE OF YOUR MILLION FANS WHO LOVE YOU  ALWAYS  ..........................  :wub:   FIGHTING PROVE THEM WRONG  I'M SURE YOU CAN DO IT .............  :D    

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

@ Jason Lou thank you for the translation i'm so happy reading it :w00t:   ............................................

i hope she find her the right man for her i did not know that

she studies here in  states i wonder what states that she leave here ?:rolleyes:          

Yeah, I hope she does... or maybe she already did?? haha

Pennsylvania.

Guest beth_21719

Yeah, I hope she does... or maybe she already did?? haha

Pennsylvania.

Thank you GOGEOUS> haha  its not far from me yes she

already did my delusional mind function again ...........    :w00t:      just keep watching the old interview with PMY and PYC in the youtube that's  why my delusional mind there's nothing to do i have  to wait many hours for the next episode of city hunter killing  time ..........he he ehe

:D 

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

^you're always welcome. :)

Me, obviously I don't have anything to do so

I'm spending my time here at pmy's thread waiting for

more news and watching PMY's unsub interviews on youtube

so to let the hours get by.

HAHA I'm actually thinking of lee jun hyuk when I meant "she already did",

oh don't get me wrong I love YC but I'm currently shipping our MY to

LJH. :wub::lol:

Guest JasonLuo

@JzzMeen

I did not hear any bad comment to Min-Young's performence in "Princess Ja-Myoung". I heard bad comment to the script. Such as, 10 episodes had been passed, still talking about their childhood. That's why people in front of televison got tired of the drama. In the other hand, no good comment to Min-Yong was heard accordng to what i know, either.

Concerning to the traditional costumes. They looks more close to Chinese traditinal clothing rather than Korean traditional clothing. Maybe that small counrty was located closely to the boder of China, and received huge effect from China. Maybe it was just a mistake, maybe..., who knows. Historian even doubt that "乐浪" country did exists. Anyway, the costumes in "SKKS" are formal traditional Korean clothing.

Guest beth_21719

^you're always welcome.  :)

Me, obviously I don't have anything to do so

I'm spending my time here at pmy's thread waiting for

more news and watching PMY's unsub interviews on youtube

so to let the hours get by.

HAHA I'm actually thinking of lee jun hyuk when I meant "she already did",

oh don't get me wrong I love YC but I'm currently shipping our MY to

LJH.  :wub::lol:

HA HA HA HA HA   :rolleyes: FOR ME I 'M CURRENTLY SHIPPING OUR PMY TO LHM I LIKE THE WAY THEY  LAUGH FROM ONE OTHER AND THERE ARE SO COMFORTABLE TO EACH OTHER  LOOKING AT THE PICTURES IN THE PRESS CONFERENCES:tears:    I GET TIRED OF YC ALWAYS TELLING HIS IDEAL WOMAN IS I FORGET THE NAME OF THE WOMAN  BUT I'M STILL LOVE YC BUT RIGHT KNOW I'M MORE IN THE PMY AND LHM   :wub:      :w00t:.....................................       

You might have seen this. But here's the link to Hara's eng subbed interview with LMH where she talks about PMY. CH presser.

I don't understand why LMH does not talk about Kim Hyun Joong when he talks about idols he has worked with. But then he has also worked with T.O.P and perhaps considers them established actors. Anyway, LMH and Hara are so sweet. I can understand LMH's former prejudice against idols. After all, he had to wait so long for his big break. I am a YC fan, but Ah In n SJK also deserved the awards. On the other hand, most of these idols are very grounded and have great attitude since they are used to the ups and downs of early fame.

Min Young seems to have taken Hara under her wing and I agree with whatever Hara said about MY.