[drama 2007] Flowers For My Life 꽃 찾으러 왔단다

Guest angel2nyt

Guest ripgal

Thank you for the insights and spoilers ppl. I just got done with Ep 7..and I can't believe ppl are missing out on this beautiful drama. Watching Flowers satisfies everything that I need from a drama..family, humor, human emotions and so on. This minute you're laughing over Hana's cute antiques, the next minute it'll make you cry over little stuff..like Hana trying to supress her fondness over Ho Sang but yet still asserts herself against him. I actually thought she felt like crying at times when Ho Sang talked about Nam Gyeong..her eyes became teary and I remembered she said she'd never cried in her life. That's when I realised how this drama affected me..it doesn't make me cry when I see someone crying, it makes me cry when I can actually feel the sadness in the person's eyes. That's how I feel about the drama.

I can't bear to see Ho Sang die..pls don't let him. :tears:

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwitched

..it doesn't make me cry when I see someone crying, it makes me cry when I can actually feel the sadness in the person's eyes

I so agree with you ripgal!!!!..It reminds me of the scene where Ho sang left Ha Na, I got teary eyed just by watching a close up on Ho sang's expression..

Btw, info on the new drama that will be replacing My Man's woman. Another tough competition for Flowers.

Catch A Kangnam Mother

Starting: June 25, 2007 after 내 남자의 여자 (My Man's Woman)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141233

Guest ripgal

OMG Ep 8 was even better. I kept thinking of when Ha Na would actually cry..and she really did when Ho Sang left. That scene made me bawl :tears:..I was already tearing from the moment Ho Sang started packing and Hana held herself back and told him she will not stop him because she doesn't want him to hate her. And the part of Hana's mother forgiving Madam Gong and letting her use her family for one day too..that was so touching. That part too made me cry.. it was so endearing and beautiful that I couldn't help think about my family too. Sometimes, a person is so close yet you don't know how much you crave for him/her.. and only when you leave you feel the pain in your heart. At that moment I actually ached for ppl who had to face separation...be it any method, death or separation by distance. It really made my heart ache for a while....:tears:

And I think for the first time watching a drama, I actually felt bad for it getting such low ratings. It deserves so much more than just a mere 3%. I usually don't care so much about drama ratings..but like javabeans, it's just so unfair. If I had to rate the dramas amongst those which I'm watching at the moment, Flowers tops it all. It's just a cut above all the dramas I'm watching at the moment...

For me, there's a lot to like about this drama as I'm drawn to many of the characters in the show. Normally I don't like to watch a drama with an impending demise to one of the lead characters but in this case, I'm willing to make an exception and that's an indication of how much I like this show.

Guest ilsa06

Thank you for the insights and spoilers ppl. I just got done with Ep 7..and I can't believe ppl are missing out on this beautiful drama. Watching Flowers satisfies everything that I need from a drama..family, humor, human emotions and so on. This minute you're laughing over Hana's cute antiques, the next minute it'll make you cry over little stuff..like Hana trying to supress her fondness over Ho Sang but yet still asserts herself against him. I actually thought she felt like crying at times when Ho Sang talked about Nam Gyeong..her eyes became teary and I remembered she said she'd never cried in her life. That's when I realised how this drama affected me..it doesn't make me cry when I see someone crying, it makes me cry when I can actually feel the sadness in the person's eyes. That's how I feel about the drama.

I can't bear to see Ho Sang die..pls don't let him. :tears:

i love this drama, it is funny(more of black comedy), a little quirky and a little dark. though, it sorts of resembles 'six feet under' , the hbo drama series about a family running a a funeral home. maybe , reason for its not so spectacular ratings is due to the fact that it is dark and too quirky for comfort to most koreans. but cth and kang hye jung are in top form. and i like the actor playing eun tak. nevertheless the drama should be appreciated because it is a thinking drama not your usual rich boy meets poor girl and vice versa.

Guest msau99

Translation of the article (there are some spoilers, so please avoid if you don't want to get spoiled! :))

KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama "Flowers For My Life" has made tv viewers shed into tears. This drama is about a woman named Na Ha-Na who decides to get married to a rich man named Yoon Ho-Sang, but later finds out that this man is not rich and about to die due to pancreas cancer. However, knowing his true identity, she still falls in love with him.

Episode 12 was aired in Korea on the 20th. The episode was a sad episode about Yoon Ho-Sang visiting the hospital coincidentally and he finds out that he has pancreas cancer. Excluding Na Ha-Na and a few others, no one knew about his disease. After finding out that he has cancer, he goes and visits the same fortune teller he went to see with Na Ha-Na and asked if it is positively true that he'll be living for another 20 years, but Ho-Sang appears to not believe the fortune teller.

TV viewers felt sorry for Ho-Sang's character during the scene where Ho-Sang calls up his mom and cries. Ho-Sang is leading people into tears as he tries very hard to forget that he's about to die soon. Seeing Ho-Sang suffering through the painful symtoms has tv viewers sympathizing with him.

Ever since the airing of the first episode, Cha Tae-Hyun and Kang Hye-Jung's comic acting has gained much attention by tv viewers. Starting off the show in a more comical mood has now suddenly turned into more of a dark and sad mood. Up till now, we have seen Kang Hye-Jung's tears, Gong Hyun-Joo's tears...and now Cha Tae-Hyun's tears...which puts tv viewers into tears as well. On the message boards, tv viewers have left comments such as : "I feel so sorry for Ho-Sang/I pity him", "Please save Ho-Sang. Please have a miracle happen"...these comments were posted on the message board.

-----

I briefly skimmed through episode 11 and 12 and wow...it does put one into tears...I feel so sad right now! I absolutely love this drama into pieces...hope more viewers come to find out and appreciate this drama! It can't be missed!

THANKS so much for the translation, Sandy!!! Oh dear.... :tears:

Guest chiara

I can't believe this drama has a low rating. Well to me, when I first watched episode 1 on KBS World, I was kinda bored and reluctant to continue. But I managed to sit tight in front of television to watch episode 2 and I began to like it. Now I'm enjoying it. The story is kinda different. I think people should try to see this drama and ignore the low rating. ^_^

Guest bwitched

is this drama a good one??? i would like to d/l it... but i'm just sure that it will all be worth it...

I personally recommend u the drama. It's a fresh n different dramas. U'll be contented not only with the storylines, but with the artsy angles and shots from the filming too.

Plus, none of the leads are bad or a jackass. U'll love each character. the drama will show us things like life and death, family love and the love itself.

Plus there'll be special appearance from stars such as Ahn Jae Wook and Chae rim!!!

Guest hydroflux

hi for me it doesn't matter if the ratings are low what's important is how the actors portrayed their roles and give justice to their characters and i believe they did. cth and khj have great chemistry. the storyline is good, you'll easily get hooked. btw how many episodes will this drama have?

Guest angel2nyt

Flowers for My Life E11 -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLA773L6

Flowers for My Life E12 -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPWFDZ20

credits to: creidesca2's cb + flyfany89

hi for me it doesn't matter if the ratings are low what's important is how the actors portrayed their roles and give justice to their characters and i believe they did. cth and khj have great chemistry. the storyline is good, you'll easily get hooked. btw how many episodes will this drama have?

if im not mistake the plan is 16 episodes

the ratings really frustrates me. this drama isnt underrated, its underappreciated

Guest Bamidele

is this drama a good one??? i would like to d/l it... but i'm just sure that it will all be worth it...

It is worth every minute!!!!

Guest chuck97

I can't believe this drama has a low rating. Well to me, when I first watched episode 1 on KBS World, I was kinda bored and reluctant to continue. But I managed to sit tight in front of television to watch episode 2 and I began to like it. Now I'm enjoying it. The story is kinda different. I think people should try to see this drama and ignore the low rating. ^_^

If the local KBS station do edit each episode up to 50 minute, then the series should be less boring.

Guest Wynter

I'm working hard to catch up on the thread and episodes, but I couldn't resist posting...

I'm in the middle of episode 8 and I must say,

the part where they play Happy Family for Madam Gong's daughter is just heartbreaking

As for all the people wandering into this thread, wondering if this series is worth watching or not, I would like to say YES, IT IS.

Initially, I didn't want to start, because Cha Tae Hyun was reprising a character similar to the past few roles he's been in, but the plot is something else altogether. It's so refreshingly different and yet somehow real in a way that you can identify with the characters, despite them being outlandish.

Can't wait for the Chinese-subbed eps to be out. :)

Guest ripgal

I'm kinda worried now. The Chi-subbing team has not released any eps for 2 weeks plus now. I'm not sure if they've stopped operation or slowed down operation due to low ratings but I really really hope they'd continue with this project. This drama is INDEED a one in a million drama different from other dramas I've seen before. And it's worth every single minute..

Guest Bamidele

Only four episodes left, omo I am so scared for Ho Sang, I'm dreading the finale episode. I know most likely it will end bittersweet, but I just don't want him to die. Why is it that sometimes when we finally learn to really live, and to love, that times catches up and takes us away??

Ho Sang AJA AJA FIGHTING!!!!!

Archived