P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest SophiaSan

omg my dog will only eat once a day :(

and it's not even a lot!!!! i don't know what to do!!!

should i feed her puppy food that has a lot of calories?? so she can fatten up

she's so skinny :(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mnmadi

what are you supposed to do when you encounter an aggressive dog?

I was walking outside today and these two dogs came from no where and started stalking and growling at me

I wasn't doing anything to provoke it, not making eye contact...

can a dog just attack you like that? without any warning?

Guest shygirlx

My patio door leads out into the garage.

Recently, whenever someone opens the patio door, my dog runs out into the streets.

How can I stop this because I'm tired of running after him to bring him back?

Guest `x Diiannaa

i just recently got a malti-poo about 6 months old. . . BUTTT he has a cherry eye =/ and I was just wonderin` has this ever happened to anyone ? we actually went to the vet and everythin` but what did you guys do for your lovedd ones with a cherry eye ?

Guest leradny

Go to the vet.

If there's nothing medically wrong with her, however: How old is your dog? How big is your dog? How often do you exercise her and for how long? What kind of food are you feeding her right now, and how much does she actually eat? Do you give her treats often?

It's normal for a lot of dogs to eat one meal a day. Try feeding her in the evening, and cut back on her food rewards.

Recently, whenever someone opens the patio door, my dog runs out into the streets.

If your dog runs out into the streets, then lead your dog into another room before opening the door. If he does manage to run out, don't run after him--he most likely just wants to lead you on a game of chase, and if you stand still he'll stop and look back like he's wondering why you won't chase him. Then call him back, and he should come. If he doesn't, walk into the house and I bet he'll run straight after you :).

I don't have any pets...

but what are you supposed to do when you encounter an aggressive dog?

If you encounter an aggressive dog, keep walking. And while you're at it, stand up straight, show absolutely no fear, and act like they aren't even there no matter how much they growl at you. Since they were stalking you, running would definitely strengthen their prey drive and they would chase after you. Keeping calm will prove that you aren't afraid of them, and therefore aren't prey.

I used to sprinkle treat bits into it. Now he eats his food thinking there's treats in there when there isn't. Just do it right and not all the time and he won't get used to it :)

But you said "dog", not puppy. Dogs eat once a day anyway... :mellow:

You can bring her to the vet to check if there's anything medically wrong with her too :)

Guest aznscrewball

If your dog runs out into the streets, then lead your dog into another room before opening the door. If he does manage to run out, don't run after him--he most likely just wants to lead you on a game of chase, and if you stand still he'll stop and look back like he's wondering why you won't chase him. Then call him back, and he should come. If he doesn't, walk into the house and I bet he'll run straight after you :).

This hardly ever works, unless you want to lose your dog.

shygirlx: Make your dog sit and stay before opening the patio door. Or if you always leave the patio door open and walk in and out, its probably not the best idea. I had experience with my neighbour's sneaky dog. I chased it past a school and onto a busy intersection. She never once looked back LOL.

i just recently got a malti-poo about 6 months old. . . BUTTT he has a cherry eye =/ and I was just wonderin` has this ever happened to anyone ? we actually went to the vet and everythin` but what did you guys do for your lovedd ones with a cherry eye ?

Pink Eye, or Cherry Eye happens a lot to puppies. Make sure he doesn't interact with other dogs, because like human pink eye, it is very contagious. It doesn't hurt or anything, so hes not in any pain. Make sure you wash your hands every time you touch her because I can't remember if humans can get pink eye from dogs, but better safe than sorry!

Guest xclueless

My dog has been vomiting :[

Last night my mother and I came home from dinner and we saw a huge blob of brown stuff on the ground. At first we thought our dog had diarrhea but we found some poop on her training pads and they were normal. Then I took my dog in the living room to play with her toys while I went in my room. I heard some strange noise and I came out only to find puke splattered all over the wall. She also threw up twice this morning, once on her bed. I know I should take her to the vet obviously, but is there anything I could do to help her for now? The only person that can take her to the vet is my brother's girlfriend and I won't be seeing her for a couple of days. My dog has also stopped eating regularly. She didn't eat her dinner last night nor her breakfast. Her behavior is still fine though. She's still hyper and jumping around but I'm still concerned.. Help?

Guest xclueless

I can't take her because her vet is in Torrance and I live in Los Angeles. Believe me if I could take her, I would. She still continues to throw up and she hasn't eaten all day :/ I called my brother and he's going to come home tomorrow to take her to the vet. =[

My dog has been vomiting :[

Last night my mother and I came home from dinner and we saw a huge blob of brown stuff on the ground. At first we thought our dog had diarrhea but we found some poop on her training pads and they were normal. Then I took my dog in the living room to play with her toys while I went in my room. I heard some strange noise and I came out only to find puke splattered all over the wall. She also threw up twice this morning, once on her bed. I know I should take her to the vet obviously, but is there anything I could do to help her for now? The only person that can take her to the vet is my brother's girlfriend and I won't be seeing her for a couple of days. My dog has also stopped eating regularly. She didn't eat her dinner last night nor her breakfast. Her behavior is still fine though. She's still hyper and jumping around but I'm still concerned.. Help?

Take the dog to the animal hospital and/or your vet. You can't be irresponsible and say "I can't, I have to wait for somebody else to take her". You have no clue what's causing her to vomit, so you also have no clue if it's life threatening. Why risk her life?

Vommiting is painful, incase anybody's forgotten.

Besides, you said "training pads" so I'm going to assume she's a youngin'. Puppies are still adjusting to their surroundings and the bacteria around them, so it's not uncommon, especially if she's new to your house and/or you've recently changed her food/feeding her human food.

Just to make sure, and I'm sure everybody will say this too - always check with the vet if you're unsure. Better be safe than sorry. Call your animal hospital if you have to and get some advice. Does she have diarrhea?

EDIT: Her vet's in another city. Yay. You know there's not just ONE vet in the entire state right?

Guest smiile

my dogs did this whenever the gates were open.

no matter how much i called them, they dont come back.

plus i had two and they went in separate directions so it was VERY hard to catch both of them.

i ran after them with my life.

but when i actually lose them, they come back in 3-7 hours. i dont know how they do it but they do it somehow.

they wait for me in front of the garage barking.

also....

my gardener, also never closed the gates when going to my backyard (when i'm at school)

and the dogs go exploring outside .

but in a couple of hours they come home and stand in front of the garage.

the worst case scenario is when someone keeps it thinking its a lost/abandoned dog.

or when it is sent to the pound.

good thing they run too fast for their own good and hid very well exploring, because they always came back.

i dont know how to solve your problem, but try to take them out for walks alot.

they like exploring the outside, and once you do it enough, they might just stay home.

Guest Swtess

I used to sprinkle treat bits into it. Now he eats his food thinking there's treats in there when there isn't. Just do it right and not all the time and he won't get used to it :)

But you said "dog", not puppy. Dogs eat once a day anyway... :mellow:

You can bring her to the vet to check if there's anything medically wrong with her too :)

At what age do they start eating once per day?

Cause my Yorkie is a year old already and the maltese is turning one in about a month or two

Guest leradny

Cause my Yorkie is a year old already and the maltese is turning one in about a month or two

That's about right. Once they get to about a year or so, they should look a bit bony because they're the equivalent of teenagers who've just finished a growth spurt--it takes a few months for them to fill out and look like adults, but it's nothing to worry about.

Guest jenniee

I have a 8 month old Yorkie. She's so adorable! :D

Anyway, she's really skinny. Like anorexic skinny.

I started feeding her human food 2 weeks ago

Stuff like chicken and meat. I also give her fruits

occasionally. But I'm wondering if its enough nutrition

for her. Meat only has protein and fat, right?

I also always leave out dry dog food for her because

I figure it has the nutrition she needs that she's not

getting from the human foods. BUTT the problem is

that she only eats if I lift her up on the couch. I always

let her because she's so tiny and she needs the nutrition.

Also. My dog has a really bad habit. When we are not home,

she pees and poops on the newspapers but when we are

home she pees and poops anywhere she likes!! I don't

understand her at all! lols. Does anyone experience this

with their own dog?

My dog does this too = /

Except he tries to run over to my neighbor's house and pick a fight with their dogs.

It's really scary because they're 10x the size of him and there's two of them. I have to grab him by his collar and carry him inside the house and sometimes he's so rowdy I'm afraid he might bite me.

Also, my dog is EXTREMELY anti-social and aggressive towards other dogs. Everytime I take him to the park or to the vet, he starts picking fights with all the other dogs. They'll come near him, wagging their tails all cute and friendly-like and he starts nipping and barking at them =X

Is there a way I can get him to be more sociable?

About a year old.

Do not worry about s/he getting skinny or not eating enough. They'll puff up sooner or later.

Guest Swtess

^Is it ok to still feed them two times a day?

Cause my bf's mom will probably never think of feeding them once a day since she'll worry that they'll be starving

So i have a 3 month Shiba Inu, that likes to bite everything, even my hair. Is there a way to get him to stop biting things? The spray bottle method doesn't seem to work very well, he already runs away when he sees it, but continues to bite things any ways.

Another question, is there a way to get him to walk on his own with out me having to drag him to his out door uhh.. crapping spot?

Archived