Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

related news
Park Doo-sun Interview

She said "Among men, I really like Gang dong won. He is an actor now, he was also at the top while working as a model. He is not only handsome but also a man of good character. Most of all, he is still modest even though he is now one of the most popular actors. I have been a big fan of Gang dong won since he was a model."

trans by actor_dw 
http://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/643439/?sc=naver

--------------
post from xxxack, the photographer

fgh.jpgeru.jpg

---------------

post from stsukesane, the Japanese stylist

#GQ Japan

erl.jpg

fk9.jpg

Kang Dong Won turns down role for 'Burning' film

It appears actor Kang Dong Won will not be appearing in director Lee Chang Dong's upcoming film 'Burning', despite having looked over the script. 

According to reports on July 7, Kang Dong Won has rejected the offer to star in 'Burning'. The film revolves around the story of a wealthy man and a delivery man who try to win the heart of a woman, and is based on Japanese author Haruki Murakami's novel 'Norwegian Wood'

Originally, actors Kang Dong Won and Yoo Ah In were cast for the leading roles, stirring up commotion. However, Kang Dong Won has made the final decision to turn down the role.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/07/kang-dong-won-turns-down-role-for-burning-film

---------------------------

another news

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1435913533132967

Hello I'm new but a huge fan of Kang Dong Won!

Anyways, I'm super curious if there has been any release of posters for Golden Slumber. They started filming in January and he already started 1987 in April, so it has to be finishing up soon right? Its already been a decent amount of time but since there are a lot of stunts I can understand why.

Is there a scheduled release date? 

Kang Dong Won Displays Down-To-Earth Charm At Busking Event In New York City

Actor Kang Dong Won was recently spotted in New York City enjoying a street busking event.

On July 14, one netizen posted a video of Kang Dong Won watching street performers. In the video, the actor is called over by the performers, to which he complies and walks up to them.

The video then shows the performers and Kang Dong Won in conversation and, afterwards, Kang Dong Won pulls out his wallet and hands them a few bills. The actor walks away chuckling while scratching his head, as if he’s confused about what just happened.

Netizens who saw the video jokingly commented, “They got to him, they got him,” and, “Even in a video like this you can tell that it’s for sure Kang Dong Won.”

kang-dong-won-1.jpgkang-dong-won.jpg

The actor is currently in New York for the “2017 New York Asian Film Festival.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/14/kang-dong-won-displays-earth-charm-busking-event-new-york-city/

------------------------

• Like 1

Kang Dong Won Wins ‘Star Asia Award’ at the 16th New York Asian Film Festival

July 14, 2017

Actor Kang Dong Won recently attended the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF), where he took home the Star Asia Award.

The festival posted an official announcement regarding this honor through social media, and also shared a live video of the actor actually receiving the award.

In his acceptance speech, he relayed, “I’m very happy to have been invited to such a great movie festival, and to be awarded a huge honor. [This movie’s] genre is an uncommon one in Korea as well and many people worked together to challenge this new movie, so I’m thankful to be able to meet the audience in New York.”

Kang Dong Won is the third Korean actor to be given to be given this award, following Sol Kyung Gu in 2014 and Lee Byung Hun in 2016. Notably, his film “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned,” which saw a favorable response in South Korea, reportedly brought in a full house at the festival as well.

Meanwhile, the actor is currently filming a historical production about the pro-democracy movement in South Korea titled “1987,” and is also preparing for another role in “Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade,” which will be based off on the Japanese animated thriller.

http://ygunited.com/2017/07/14/kang-dong-won-wins-star-asia-award-16th-new-york-asian-film-festival/
  • Like 1

@habeatsibi you should send him gifts to YG. :)

Address: 397-5 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea / 서울특별시 마포구 합정동 397-5

-------------------------

Kdw on the red carpet at the 2017 NYAFF

Kang Dong Won Wins Award At 16th New York Asian Film Festival

Actor Kang Dong Won recently attended the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF), where he took home the Star Asia Award.

The festival posted an official announcement regarding this honor through social media, and also shared a live video of the actor actually receiving the award.

In his acceptance speech, he relayed, “I’m very happy to have been invited to such a great movie festival, and to be awarded a huge honor. [This movie’s] genre is an uncommon one in Korea as well and many people worked together to challenge this new movie, so I’m thankful to be able to meet the audience in New York.”

Kang Dong Won is the third Korean actor to be given to be given this award, following Sol Kyung Gu in 2014 and Lee Byung Hun in 2016. Notably, his film “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned,” which saw a favorable response in South Korea, reportedly brought in a full house at the festival as well.

Meanwhile, the actor is currently filming a historical production about the pro-democracy movement in South Korea titled “1987,” and is also preparing for another role in “Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade,” which will be based off on the Japanese animated thriller.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/14/kang-dong-won-wins-award-16th-new-york-asian-film-festival/

----------------------

Korean Actor Kang Dong-won Receives Star Asia Award at NYAFF 2017

Korean Actor Kang Dong-won Receives Star Asia Award at NYAFF 2017

From a courageous protagonist in ‘The Priests’ to a mysterious adult in ‘Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned,’ Korean actor Kang Dong-won has recently become one of Asia’s most anticipated actors. His diverse roles and flawless acting has gained much attention from both domestic and international fans – such that he was nominated for the Star Asia Award this year’s NYAFF.

NYAFF 2017
Kang Dong-won was grateful and excited to receive the Star Asia Award at this year’s New York Asian Film Festival on July 13th, 2017. Dressed formally in a handsome black suit and bow-tie, he made a special appearance at the screening of ‘Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned.’

NYAFF 2017
When he was asked to come up to the stage and receive the award, the festival’s director asked him about how he felt receiving the award.

Kang Dong-won: “The film has an unfamiliar genre that is not produced in Korea a lot so it’s a film that changed my mind and I’m very happy to be here in New York with this film.”

The actor also commented on what he would be filming now and in the future.

Kang Dong-won: “Now I am filming, ‘1987’, it’s based on a real story in Korea and then after that, I will be working a new film, ‘Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade’ based on a Japanese animation, probably from August.”

We look forward to his new works and wish him success!

(Photo credit: NYAFF)

http://mb.ntd.tv/2017/07/14/korean-actor-kang-dong-won-receives-star-asia-award-at-nyaff-2017/

----------------------

lc4.jpg

"I want to participate in American director's work"

Cr. http://www.koreatimes.com/article/1065851

• Like 1

Exclusive: Actor Kang Dong Won Talks ‘Vanishing Time: A Who Boy Retuned’

by Jinny Choi
MAIN-VT-03.jpg?fit=770%2C513&ssl=1

Korean actor Kang Dong Won was presented the Asia Star Award last night at the 16th New York Asia Film Festival.

Director Um Tae Hwa’s “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned” imagines a surreal world in which time stops and flows as if a cruel joke of the gods. Kang Dong Won plays Sungmin, a boy who must bear the passage of time alone, while the rest of the world remains frozen. We met with KDW yesterday evening at the Lincoln Center to discuss the film.

I’m curious as to why you tend to gravitate towards sci-fi and fantasy. Do you think there’s something about the genre that reveals the human experience more so than others?

KDW: I think the reason why I like sci-fi/fantasy is because I prefer the extreme. I like the drama that unfolds within extreme and surreal situationsit helps explore the human condition. In my twenties, I did enjoy making those types of films more, but as I’m getting older, I find myself more inclined towards realistic representations.

What I found especially striking about this film was that the sea was such an integral part of the narrative—there’s an emphasis on the imagery of water. How did you perceive this as significant?

KDW: The narrative of this film was actually developed around one image; it’s an image of a great big wave frozen in time. So really, the idea of what the sea would look like without the context of time is really what inspired this film in the first place. It was also important that the story took place on an island, because when time stops for the three children, they can’t escape elsewhere. They’re given an absurd amount of time to explore the island, and because of this setting, water obviously had to be a significant part of the film.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-14-at-3.08.40-PM.jpg

I know that many actors study certain figures or characters from other movies in order to develop their own. Was there anybody in particular who inspired your character Sungmin?

KDW: No. For me, I find that studying other characters blocks my imagination. I feel like I have to mold myself into an already existing frame, and it becomes counterproductive because then I can’t develop the unique character that I am assigned.

So how did you form your character?

KDW: I always design my characters based on my first reading of the script. It’s kind of an instinctual thing.

And how do you usually pick your scripts?

KDW: I think I read about 70 to 80 scripts a year. I look for structurally well written scripts with subjects that I believe will touch the audience. If I like a script, I’ll meet with the director, and if I feel that I can trust him, that’s how I’ll choose my next project.

Speaking of subjects, this movie dances around a lot of subjects. Time is an obvious one, but it’s also about friendship, love, death, and mourning among other things. What was the most poignant one for you? What hit you the most?

KDW: I think it’s really about faith. When we’re young, it’s easy to believe in people and things because we’re so pure. But sadly as we get older, we develop so many doubts and suspicions, especially towards each other. I think that was the most poignant for me.

Is there anything else you’re learning/doing outside of acting?

KDW: I’m currently studying Korean history. But other than that I don’t have time for much else, because every time I prepare for a film I have to get into my character, whether it’s boxing or kung-fu. So I guess I’m always learning new things from preparing for my roles. I’m working on making my body for my next movie, which is an adaptation of the Japanese anime thriller Jin-Roh.

https://theknockturnal.com/exclusive-actor-kang-dong-won-talks-vanishing-time-a-who-boy-retuned/

• Like 1

'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' director Kim Jee-woon sets cast, shoot date for new sci-fi

17 JULY, 2017 | BY JEAN NOH

EXCLUSIVE: Gang Dong-won, Han Hyo-joo and Jung Woo-sung confirmed to star in sci-fi actioner.

'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' director Kim Jee-woon sets cast, shoot date for new sci-fi

Hit Korean director Kim Jee-woon - who has been a regular at top festivals like Venice and Cannes with titles such as The Age Of Shadows and The Good, The Bad, The Weird - has locked a top flight cast and is set to start production next month on sci-fi action thriller In-Rang (tentative title).

Based on the Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade franchise’s original written by animation master Mamoru Oshii (Ghost In The Shell), Kim’s live action Korean version will star Gang Dong-won (Master), Han Hyo-joo (Cold Eyes) and Jung Woo-sung (Asura: The City Of Madness).

Backed by Union Investment Partners, Lewis Pictures (which recently produced Bong Joon Ho’s Okja), Kate Street Picture Company and Netflix are producing the film.

Taking place in the near future where North and South Korea have announced they will reunify after a preparation period of seven years, an anti-reunification terrorist sect, a special police forces unit set up to counter them, and a powerful government security bureau that’s against unification all clash and collide in an apocalyptic scenario.

Gang is set to play an elite forces police officer tasked with brutal responsibilities, who is thrown into conflict after witnessing the death of a girl who was a member of the anti-reunification sect. Han plays the girl’s older sister who makes his character waver even further. Jung, who previously worked with Kim on The Good, The Bad The Weird, will play a legendary elite forces officer who also trained Gang’s character.

In addition, the film will feature Gim Mu-yeol (Warriors Of The Dawn), Han Ye-ri (Haemoo), Hu Joon-ho (The Merciless) and Min-ho from the K-pop group Shinee.

Set to start shooting in August, the film is aiming for release in summer 2018.

http://m.screendaily.com/5120039.article

• Like 1

'InRang' Kang Dongwon X Han Hyojoo X Jung Woosung X Minho... Dream Casting Confirmed

0000976828_001_20170718080635050.jpg
InRang begins filming in August.

'In the near future, the two Koreas have agreed to the unification of government, spending the past 7 years preparing for it. Amidst this declaration of unification, an organisation opposing this policy commits terrorist acts. A special squad of police is organised to fight against them.'

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-07-18%2Bat%2B8.33.55%2BPM.png

[+622,-63] Kang Dongwon Jung Woosung Minho... my eyes are already enjoying. Looking forward to Director Kim Jeewoon action scenes

[+536,-44] Wow visuals are complete

[+377,-28] Visualsㄷㄷㄷ Even if they stay still it'll be fun

[+375,-46] Wow casting is amazing!!

[+295,-30] Now Jung Woosung isn't the main male character but the main male character's mentor, he plays a lot of roles;; time flies....

[+146,-15] Casting is good. Kang Dongwon Jung Woosung Kim Mooyeol Choi Minho collectively freaking handsome

[+133,-11] 20s 30s 40s completely handsome guys : this movie aren't the visuals too much?ㅎㅎ

[+113,-8] Casting is unique. First visually it's the jackpot. Moreover it's Kim Jeewoonㅎㄷㄷ

[+119,-11] Director-nim, looking forward to the actors/actresses. Kang Dongwon, Jung Woosung, Minho, Han Hyojoo, Kim Mooyeol, Han Yeri etc actors/actresses fighting!

[+97,-7] Director Kim Jeewoon is a director who's good at directing the male actors' visuals in movies and making them look cool, I'm looking forward to it.

Upcoming Korean Movie "InRang" casting confirmed!

40845_600.jpg

Director Kim Jeewon's new work confirmed main casting roles and is ready to begin full scale filming. In addition to Kim Jeewoon's next film, South Korea's representative actors Kang Dongwon, Jung Woosung, and Han HyoJoo etc. are attracting attention. Based on Japanese Animation, it is highly anticipated how the unification of North and South Korea in the near future of Korea will adapt. Filming will begin in August. 

inrang.jpg

What kind of movie is "InRang"?
North and South Korea Unification after 7 years of preparation under Anti-terrorist Organization, a Special Police Task Force. It depicts the feud between the Public Authority and those that are against the unification. Originally by Oshii Mamoru, based on the Japanese animation directed by Hiroyuki Okiura, it is director Kim Jeewon's next film.

1.jpg

Kang Dongwon as Im Jungkyung, Special Force Member 
After witnessing the death of a young girl in front of his eyes, Im Jungkyung struggles between his human mind his duties. Kang Dongwon who showed variety appearances in each of his works such as "Priest, "Con Man", "Detective" etc. will once again show new face this time.

2.jpg

Han HyoJoo as Lee YoonHee, will make Im JungKyung's heart warmer
Recently in "Cold Eyes" and "Beauty Insider", Han HyoJoo who's portraying roles on screen regardless of the genre will portray Lee Yoonhee, the older sister of the dead girl. Standing in the exact opposite position of Im Jungkyung, her character will make his heart warmer.

3.jpg

Jung Woosung as Jang Jintae, Head of Special Training
Head of Special Training Jang Jintae is the one who trained Im Jungkyung to be an elite member (of the Special Police Task Force). Between Im Jungkyung and him, he gives off a serious and masculine appeal. Jung Woosung who met Director Kim "The Good, The Bad, and The Weird" after 10 years, gives off explosive energy and showed interest like those days.

4.jpg

Kim Muyeol as Han Sungwoo, Im Jungkyung's friend
Kim Muyeol who's portraying roles in various mediums such as movies, musicals, and plays will portray Han Sungwoo, who's in Special Training Center at the same time as Im Jungkyung, now associated with pressuring the Special Task Force. It is expected to bring tension through the subtle and edgy atmosphere of the character.

5.jpg

Special Appearances from Han Ye Ri, Heo Junho, and Choi Minho
Opposing the President's corruption, Heo Junho's charisma will add weight (to the movie) as Lee Giseok. Han Ye Ri as Goo Mikyung who gives threat to Lee Yoonhe's unique individuality. Choi Minho who recently showed potential in "Derailed" will appear as Kim Cheoljin. 

source: alwayswithhyo 1 2, maxmovie, naver

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/20778619.html

Interview with Gang Dong‑Won at NYAFF 2017

July 14, 2017

From a courageous protagonist in ‘The Priests’ to a mysterious adult in ‘Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned,’ Korean actor Gang Dong‑Won has recently become one of Asia’s most anticipated actors. His diverse roles and flawless acting has gained much attention from both domestic and international fans - such that he was nominated for the Star Asia Award this year’s NYAFF. 

Gang Dong‑Won was grateful and excited to receive the Star Asia Award at this year’s New York Asian Film Festival on July 13th, 2017. Dressed formally in a handsome black suit and bow-tie, he made a special appearance at the screening of ‘Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned.’ 

82c6a6_8701afc801384610907ae56bcf0705af~He naturally portrays his character’s emotions such as desolation and loneliness, but what does he think about his character as adult Sung-min?

Gang Dong-Won: Well my character in the movie, Sung-min had lived by himself in the stopped world for such long time, then came back to the ordinary life, and everything was stopped there, so I think he might be scared when everything was moving again.

Actually I had similar feeling, it was like panicking state… but the funny thing was actually when I was in New York. I was walking in Soho, and suddenly I broke out in a cold sweat, then my heart started beating… I eventually couldn’t really walk… I got better and could head back after ten minutes of rest. I can’t exactly explain how it was since I was losing my mind at that moment, but I believe it’s something similar to what Sung-min had felt before.

82c6a6_12571960187c4a4b8bb6073a2bef9ac7~When he was asked to come up to the stage and receive the award, the festival’s director asked him about how he felt receiving the award.

Gang Dong‑Won: The film has an unfamiliar genre that is not produced in Korea a lot so it’s a film that changed my mind and I’m very happy to be here in New York with this film.

82c6a6_f234b1ff1ff548a591779a8188ef0a00~

The actor also commented on what he would be filming now and in the future. 

Gang Dong‑Won: “Now I am filming, ‘1987’, it’s based on a real story in Korea and then after that I will be working a new film, ‘Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade’ based on a Japanese animation, probably from August.” 

We look forward to his new works and wish him success!

((Photo credit: NYAFF))

source

New York Asian 2017 Interview: Superstar Gang Dong-won on VANISHING TIME, Upcoming JIN-ROH and 1987

LMDGoT_Crop550Twitch-thumb-64x64-62035.jpg
FEATURED CONTRIBUTOR; NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK (@THEDIVAREVIEW)

New York Asian 2017 Interview: Superstar Gang Dong-won on VANISHING TIME, Upcoming JIN-ROH and 1987

At the moment, in Korea, there aren’t many stars that shine brighter or hotter than Gang Dong-won.  The leading man of more than 20 features creates frenzies everywhere he goes, as proven by his appearance to receive the Star Asia award at the New York Asian Film Festival.  

Gang spoke with me about his featured film, Vanishing Time, and his upcoming films, director Kim Jee-woon’s Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade and director Jang Joon-hwan’s 1987.

The Lady Miz Diva:  VANISHING TIME is a very interesting film with fairytale-like qualities.  What was your sense of the projects when you first read the script?

Gang Dong-won:  The first time I read the script, I was making a movie called A Violent Prosecutor.  When you read the script, it doesn’t look like a very commercial movie - of course, I felt like this was a commercial movie - but this is a new kind of genre in Korea.  We don’t like fantasy kind of movies that much.  So, I felt like it was going to be difficult again, because when I made a movie called Haunters, I felt a very similar feeling.

So, I needed to know about the director, get his information.  He came to my shooting place and I talked with him for an hour, and then I could believe him.  {I said,} “Okay, let’s shoot the movie together.”

I loved watching the vulnerability of your character, Sungmin, once he’s back in the world after so long, which is exactly the one he left, but is now alien to him.  What were some of the things you looked at to create those gestures and reaction?  

First, the reason why the character felt so scared of the environment was because he lived for almost 15 years alone and everything had stopped, but when he came back, everything started to move. 

I had a kind of a little bit similar experience in reality in Seoul; because it was too busy, and then in Seoul everybody’s rushing.  Then, when I was walking in Seoul, suddenly I became totally covered in sweat and I got panic disorder.  I couldn’t walk, so I sat down on the street, and then I took 10 minutes break and then I could walk.

So, maybe, I thought this character would feel extremely the same feeling like my experience.

What are older Sungmin’s feelings toward Su-rin?  You have a walk a strange line there, because all this time has passed, but is Sungmin still a young boy in his head with his first big crush on Su-rin? 

That was a pretty difficult point, so the director and I, we talked about the kind of love, or friendship, we talked about a very deeply.  We felt, of course, that Sungmin would still have some feelings toward her, because she was the only one who believed him.  But he became older, he knows, because he studied a lot alone; so, he’s not a very social person, but he’s still a little bit of an adult, already.  

Yet, he knows that this cannot happen, so he’s controlling his feelings.  There is that scene in the bathroom where she’s cutting his hair and then they’re looking at each other; both of them felt something, whether it was friendship or love.  

Anyway, they are still friends; the little girl and the strange man, although they have this very confusing situation.  They cannot be lovers, but it is still very pure.

Tell us about working with your VANISHING TIME leading lady, the amazing Miss Shin Eun-Soo?

Actually, this movie, since this is the director’s first movie, we talked about the casting so many times, because he was not very sure about the casting.  Casting is so difficult, it’s the most difficult thing in movies.  And he showed a picture – we had a lot of discussions about this boy or this girl – and then when I saw Eun-soo’s picture – director Uhm Tae-Hwa had sent her photo by messenger, and when I saw her picture, I texted him to say, “She’s the one.  She’s the girl.”

With Director Kim, you’re doing JIN-ROH: WOLF BRIGADE and one of your first successes was called TEMPTATION OF WOLVES.  I sense a theme.  Please tell us about JIN-ROH.

Of course, the movie is based on the animation story.  We have changed it a little bit to a future story.  It was a story that took place in the past.  Not me, actually, the director and the producer and everybody discussed about which would be better; the past, or now, or the future, and then we decided to set the whole film in the future.  

I cannot give much information, because we haven’t even started to shoot, but my character will be the strongest character I’ve played in my career.

It has taken a very long time for director Kim Jee Woon to bring Jin Roh to production. Is it extra pressure to collaborate on something that has been gestating in an artist’s mind for so long? 

We talked about Jin-Roh from maybe five years ago, when I was in the military service.  He asked me, “Are you interested in Jin-Roh?” “Yeah, of course, it’s good.”  And then he said, “Okay, let’s make it.”

Today, he put up what looked like a costume test on his Instagram.

He did?

Yes, he did, it looks really cool, this really sharp-cut military uniform in green.

That’s me!

I’m very interested in your other upcoming film, 1987, directed by Jang Joon-hwan.  He is not only a great director and nice man, but he is my drinking idol.  Tell us about that film.

He is one of my best friends. We made a film called Love For Sale, and we became pretty good friends.  But actually, in Korea, we don’t call it friends; because we have senior and junior, and we are very strict, but he is not a person like that.  He is not strict, he is very open-minded and I think we became pretty close after doing the film.  And now, we talk about “Let’s make this,” and “Let’s make this,” during our drinking sessions. 

This movie, called 1987, when he finished the script, he first addressed it to me.  Now, it’s not a good timing to talk about the story.  Maybe he will announce it later, because we have some kind of schedule.

So the film is not in production yet?

No, we are starting around October 3.

LMD:  I didn’t know that you spoke English.  And I certainly didn’t know that you spoke it so well…

GDw:  Me?  My English is from textbooks, and I always read the books maybe five or six times from about grades two through four, but I couldn’t read the middle school-level books; it was so difficult.

LMD:  Director Kim famously directed an American movie {THE LAST STAND}.  Considering how well you speak English, is there any thought of your doing an international production?

GDw:  Me, I don’t care.  I would be happy to work with good people.  I can go to Africa.

LMD:  You’ve worked with some of the finest Korean directors.  After more than 20 features and a few dramas, do you ever feel like you want to direct, perhaps produce a film?

GDw:  Ohhh, I think directing is impossible.  It’s maybe, maybe… No.  {Laughs} It would take too much time and too much stress; I don’t think it’s very practical as an actor.  And of course, I don’t think I could make a good movie as a director.  But now, I’m interested in producing.  I’m talking about so many projects with people.

GangDW_LMD_3FS.jpgLMD:  Many people are excited about your appearance here.  I asked Ms. Han Ye-ri who you starred with in KUNDO, and who is also here for NYAFF, this same question: What would you like to see take place with regard to promoting Korean cinema in the west?

GDw:  Of course, I really hope the Korean film can be successful in the international market.  And I feel like I’m very responsible for that as an actor, because when you make a film - of course, a famous director can be attractive to the audience, but most of the time, the audience thinks about the actor or actress.  So, as an actor, I want to make a more bigger, bigger market to show people.

Now, it’s changing, the platform is changing a little bit, and we have more chances to work with international film industry people.  So, I’m very open-minded, I’d be very happy to work with them, wherever.

~ The Lady Miz Diva

July 13th, 2017

http://thedivareview.com/NYAFF17_Vanishing_Time_Gang_Dong-won_Exclusive_Interview.htm