Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Kang Dong Won wears a fashionable bath robe~ to his movie conference

o07CH2D.jpg

Monday, January 25, 2016

Article: Kang Dong Won 'looking like he's wearing pajamas~'

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+921, -23] His coordi must have the easiest job in the world. She can dress him however the crap she wants and he'll still pull it off ㅋㅋ Top 3 easiest jobs in the world: Fedor Emelianenko's body guard, Kang Dong Won's hair stylist, Kang Dong Won's coordi

2. [+831, -36] Doesn't matter what you dress him in, it's Kang Dong Won

3. [+716, -21] Would anyone believe this man is in his mid-thirties... he looks like he got out of the shower and attended this event in his bath robe and still manages to look so pure and clean

4. [+27, -3] He's such a hard worker lately, he must really love acting. He seems to pick up any movie scenario no matter the role or genre as long as he likes it.

5. [+20, -5] Damn.. that face, plus his father is wealthy.. I wonder what woman will end up getting married to him.. she had to have saved a country in her previous life, whoever she is..

6. [+20, -3] The coordi is just testing his limits, how much can his handsome looks cover for bad fashion

7. [+15, -0] I wonder if his coordi even gets paid for her job? It's the easiest job in the world

8. [+13, -1] Ever since Won Bin got married, Kang Dong Won seems to have taken his one top spot
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/01/kang-dong-won-wears-fashionable-bath.html

----------------------------

clip from CINE21

gS5CXW3.jpg

-------------------------------

more clip from VP Press Preview on Jan 25, 2016

'검사외전' 강동원, 그의 마지막 사랑은 누굴까?

암튼뉴스

'검사외전' 강동원 "막춤 연기, 춤 배운 게 그 정도라니.." [ver. 강동원]

더스타 / The STAR

----------------------------

more pics

fPUt2pF.jpg

iCHMt1u.jpg

8E10NpH.jpg

GerMlvV.jpg

credit Chosun Online

• Like 1

Interview pics from Showbox

P4uwNX3.jpg

EnlUiNn.jpg

1o4G941.jpg

sfyuhwb.jpg

37DpJTs.jpg

---------------------

"A Violent Prosecutor" Kang Dong-won, "I learned to dance, but I changed it on site"

2016/01/25

HdrP9xn.jpg

Actor Kang Dong-won revealed his thoughts about the dance he did in the movie "A Violent Prosecutor".

The premiere for "A Violent Prosecutor" was held on the 25th and Kang Dong-won said, "My character had the ability to liven up the movie, so I tried my best to make it fun".

Kang Dong-won plays the role of pretty boy conman Han Chi-won who has 9 previous criminal records.

"A Violent Prosecutor" is the story of a lawyer named Byeon Jae-wook (Hwang Jeong-min) who was framed and put in prison, joining forces with Han Chi-won the conman and trying to clear his name. "A Violent Prosecutor" is out on the 3rd of February.

Source : http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20160125001740589

-------------------------------

Why Kang Dong-won joined YG

Updated : January 26 2016

Actor Kang Dong-won said he signed a new contract with YG Entertainment to focus on his acting career.

“I just wanted to concentrate on acting,” he said Tuesday in an interview with OSEN at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul.

Kang also added that YG was the agency he felt most comfortable with.

The 37-year-old actor also pointed to the difficulties in managing his schedule by himself, saying, “I even had to send a floral tribute on my own.”

Kang’s upcoming film “A Violent Prosecutor” is set to be released on Feb. 3. Kang stars as Han Chi-won, a career criminal, in the movie.

The upcoming film has received much attention from the public, as Hwang Jung-min costars with Kang.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201601261538540836459_2

------------------------------

Kang Dong Won explains why he signed with YG Entertainment

January 26, 2016 @ 3:23 am

ICwuG6J.jpg

Actor Kang Dong Won explained why he chose to sign with YG Entertainment.

At the press conference for 'A Violent Prosecutor' on January 26, Kang Dong Won was asked about his recent decision to become part of the YG Family. He explained, "It was tough working for almost 10 years alone... I just wanted to focus on acting." 

Kang Dong Won added of CEO Yang Hyun Suk, "I spoke with CEO Yang personally. He said that the fact that we met up would make headlines, and it really did. I decided on YGE because it seemed the best out of a number of agencies."

He also expressed that he wants to work more overseas, especially in Asia. In 'A Violent Prosecutor', Kang Dong Won plays the part of a handsome con-man. It's scheduled to hit theaters on February 4.

Kang Dong Won was embarrassed filming kiss scene for upcoming movie 'A Violent Prosecutor'?

January 26, 2016 @ 9:50 am

Kang Dong Won revealed that his kiss scene with actress Shin Hye Sun in the upcoming movie 'A Violent Prosecutor' was a bit embarrassing to film.

He opened up about what happened behind the scenes in an interview on January 26, saying, "I had a kiss scene with Song Hye Kyo in 'My Brilliant Life' as well, but in 'A Violent Prosecutor', it was embarrassing because I had one with someone I didn't know. We'd met each other for the first time."

Kang Dong Won added, "There wasn't a kiss scene originally. They said that it needed a kiss scene, so I did it. She wasn't aware that there was a kiss scene and was cast. I didn't know either, and we ended up doing the kiss scene when we didn't know each other well."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/kang-dong-won-was-embarrassed-filming-kiss-scene-for-upcoming-movie-a-violent-prosecutor

------------------------

YG Reveals He Seeks To Create Kang Dong Won Into A Global STAR

Posted on January 26, 2016

Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of YG Entertainment, reveals that he wants to create actor Kang Dong Won into a global star

Earlier, we reported that actor Kang Dong Won has joined YG Entertainment and that netizens were upset regarding the situation.

However, there were also many optimistic fans and netizens who think YG Entertainment is a perfect place for him. YG Entertainment has been successful in foreign countries by creating their idols and stars into world stars.

During a recent interview with Korean media X Sports News, Yang Hyun Suk revealed

“I want to make actor Kang Dong Won known globally. The fact that there is an actor such as he in South Korea.”

Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of YG Entertainment, reveals that he wants to create actor Kang Dong Won into a global star

Earlier, we reported that actor Kang Dong Won has joined YG Entertainment and that netizens were upset regarding the situation.

However, there were also many optimistic fans and netizens who think YG Entertainment is a perfect place for him. YG Entertainment has been successful in foreign countries by creating their idols and stars into world stars.

During a recent interview with Korean media X Sports News, Yang Hyun Suk revealed

“I want to make actor Kang Dong Won known globally. The fact that there is an actor such as he in South Korea.”

Kang Dong Won has been one of the actors more known for his charming and handsome looks than his acting skills in the beginning. But slowly but surely, he has made a presence in the Korean industry with his acting skills that was recognized by viewers.

Yang Hyun Suk also revealed

“Coming from a model background, Kang Dong Won overcame his original image by working hard on his acting. It is my duty to let the world know there is a actor such as he in South Korea. That is something I believe I could do for Kang Dong Won.”

NETIZEN REACTIONS

[ +1056 / -27] Why am I scared of what he is saying… haha

[ +526 / -34] It means that Kang Dong Won will do activities in other countries haha I hope he does well

[ +446 / -23] He is a celebrity that I liked early on in my life and forgot about;; haha I really like that he is coming alot these days ha.. Unexpectedly, he is slow in targeting international markets.

Source: X Sports News

--------------------------

Yang Hyun Suk and Kang Dong Won give insight on why they chose each other

Tuesday, January 26, 2016  kang dong won, yang hyun suk  No comments

Article: Yang Hyun Suk YG CEO, "I'll be getting Kang Dong Won globally known"

Source: X Sports News via Naver

1. [+6,429, -90] Why am I scared of what he just said... ㅋㅋ

2. [+3,167, -128] So he's going to make Kang Dong Won advance overseas? ㅋㅋ I wish him luck

3. [+2,825, -74] I like how everyone called him an octopus in the last article that had their pictures side by side so this article set them out separately ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+2,803, -111] I wonder what's going on with the other actors in YG...

5. [+1,279, -43] Yang Hyun Suk, please don't store him away for your own safe keeping and don't send him out too much overseas either. I'll be mad if we can't see Kang Dong Won often because of you.

6. [+538, -22] Why is Yang Hyun Suk always obsessed with sending his artists overseas...

7. [+491, -16] No, let him do whatever he wants with his acting career like he is now

8. [+475, -30] Hopefully he's not going to make Kang Dong Won attend Big Bang's concerts and stuff? Hallyu is not something you can force, he's better off picking a good movie or drama and getting popular overseas that way

9. [+389, -11] Yang Hyun Suk gives more interviews than his own artists ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

---------

Article: Kang Dong Won, "I met with Yang CEO myself and decided on YG... it was the best fit for me"

Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+917, -82] YG manages their actors well, at least. You can see with how they manage Cha Seung Won and Choi Ji Woo. They're not like SM who does package deals.

2. [+740, -19] He's the top visual in YG now

3. [+676, -40] I think YG's pretty good at figuring out what their artists are good at and bringing that out to its potential..

4. [+24, -2] At least YG isn't a company that has lawsuits with the artists who leave after their contracts expire... I think how a company ends its relationships says a lot about them.

5. [+22, -5] YG's good at managing their actors, just that they never release albums for their singers...

6. [+20, -8] Oppa, don't get too close with their singers, they're all druggies..

7. [+20, -1] Yang Hyun Suk doesn't manage the acting side of YG

8. [+19, -2] Either way, Kang Dong Won made his final decision so I can only hope that YG gives him the support he needs

9. [+12, -5] Yang Hyun Suk looks like an octopus next to him;;;;

10. [+12, -2] Kang Dong Won is not some little kid, I'm sure he made the best decision for himself

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/01/yang-hyun-suk-and-kang-dong-won-give.html

-----------------

more interview pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
credit Showbox via Kookmin Ilbo

Posted Image
credit Showbox via Sports World

Posted Image
credit Showbox via FOCUS

• Like 2

[+12, -5] Yang Hyun Suk looks like an octopus next to him;;;;

indeed lol! (love n hate hyunsuk-nim) lmao. yanghyunsuk such a troll btw. but most of all his projects always amazing. let me delulu about kangdongwon in live action movie esp. japanese. ok let see

CZsyEi5WEAMPD1D.jpg

• Like 1

The English version of the article that @xinwen posted above....

Jeon Do-yeon, Kang Dong-won and Im Soo-jeong's 10-year drama plan

photo679846.jpg

"I want to be in a drama"

Said Kang Dong-won who hasn't been near a drama since the 2004 SBS drama "Magic".

Movie actor and actresses Kang Dong-won, Jeon Do-yeon and Im Soo-jeong are looking to come back with a drama in 2016.

The Queen of Cannes Jeon Do-yeon has been talked about on the news that she is coming back with the tvN drama "Good Wives". She's happy with the synopsis and is very eager about starring in it. This will be her first drama in 11 years since the 2005 SBS drama "Lovers in Prague".

"Good Wives" is about a housewife whose successful investigator husband gets put in prison for corruption so she has to make a comeback for the first time in 13 years as an investigator herself. In the States, "Good Wives" started in 2009 and is ongoing for 7 seasons in a row. This role is no easy task as the actress has to portray the various emotional changes in the process of overcoming difficulties. Jeon Do-yeon felt excited at the character.

Kang Dong-won is thirsty for a drama too. He starred in one 12 years ago and continued to be in movies, never finding the right drama for him. He felt a separation between him and the drama making environment where it was all about paper scripts and continuous alternations.

However, not it's different. In a recent interview, Kang Dong-won said, "I want to be in a drama and I heard the production environment has changed a lot. I also want to make a drama with my movie people. It would be fun to make a movie which just won't do with 2 hours so we produce it into a 10 hour one". Under his conditions, the current period in which pre-productions are becoming a trend, is the right timing for him to come back.

Im Soo-jeong hasn't been in a drama since the 12 year-old "Sorry, I Love You". She was about to star in the SBS drama "All About My Romance" in 2013 but it fell through. So she focused on movies but didn't see much light with anything she did and that put a crack in her ego. She hasn't had an impressive breakthrough like "Sorry, I Love You" yet.

Im Soo-jeong said she was always looking for dramas. Several have gone past her but still more have been coming her way. As an actress she thinks she needs to appear in more public viewings but she hasn't been able to. Now she plans on being more open minded and being more active in dramas and movies. Nothing specific has been heard of yet but she's ready.

source

• Like 2

Kang Dong Won reveals a story related to a comic dance scene in movie 'A Violent Prosecutor'

yQpvUvC.jpg

Kang Dong Won revealed a story related to a comic dance scene in movie 'A Violent Prosecutor.'

On January 25th, media premiere and press conference for movie 'A Violent Prosecutor' was held at MegaBox COEX branch, which is located in Samsung-dong, Seoul, and Kang Dong Won attended the two event with Hwang Jung Min and director Lee Il Hyung.

Kang Dong Won played in 'A Violent Prosecutor' as a swindler with nine criminal records, named Han Chi Won.

The movie includes a comic dance scene of Kang Dong Won, and regarding the scene, Kang Dong Won said, "We had a few discussions about the scene, and there were certain movements that I was told to do. However, we decided to do another take with 100% improvisation."

Kang Dong Won went on, "That is how the scene was made. I still included some movements that I was told to do for the previous take."

Meanwhile, 'A Violent Prosecutor' is going to evolve around a prosecutor who was imprisoned by a false charge of murder, and a swindler with nine criminal records. The movie will be officially released on February 3rd.

/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=430917

---------------------------

more interview pics from Showbox

43Mi8ux.jpg

j1VlIqv.jpg

SsmOPOG.jpg

KLF1B2J.jpg

TpPA4W9.jpg

UiWHTaN.jpg

PjkbvwX.jpg

c1zlyGl.jpg

-----------------------------

Red Carpet & Showcase for "A Violent Prosecutor"

Date: January 28, 2016 (Thursday)

Red Carpet event will start at 7.00 pm (KST)

Showcase time: 8.30 pm (KST)

@The Starium theater / CGV Yeongdeungpo / Times Square Mall

Ka0wr7Z.jpg

rladusgn

Z628geE.jpg

mintholicys

GUJFYXD.jpg

EmOBDsH.jpg

rMX1anQ.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201601281809029310

• Like 1

Red Carpet & Showcase for "A Violent Prosecutor"

Date: January 28, 2016 (Thursday)

Red Carpet event will start at 7.00 pm (KST)

His outfit is so cute, he wears Burberry Prorsum Menswear Spring/Summer 2016.

Spoiler

12524066_952222511492851_366889155510133

ChEg39y.jpg

6CycZMw.jpg

68yOUfG.jpg

Spoiler

6P6uCi0.jpg

6SguyTu.jpg

sYrumQ8.jpg

wjhl6Bw.jpg

l4xv5AY.jpg

AwdLmna.jpg

hDq9Ih3.jpg

nJPaTP3.jpg

dwExn19.jpg

Spoiler

ai0KwOn.jpg

jXiQ8jR.jpg

AbkQitO.jpg

0Mdq2LV.jpg

zjfSHDh.jpg

CN3GciH.jpg

GIagamI.jpg

mKoI7iK.jpg

VbSWVvI.jpg

:blush:

vsKuqXG.jpg

2i08cKE.jpg

2u6Ke1H.jpg

Spoiler

6hKQimq.jpg

pQ6UBch.jpg

asBp1Q4.jpg

bGIO8P7.jpg

lol

9h6xO6Z.jpg

yNIZK06.jpg

VhY6quy.jpg

uNxoHtA.jpg

nnxnl45.jpg

credit on pics

Spoiler

lZ85fuQ.jpg

i6Gov1P.jpg

4YKX2oy.jpg

iJZ3CgB.jpg

‘검사외전’ 황정민-강동원 레드카펫, 사상초유의 인파 '소름' (2016.01.28)

EntertainmentVOP

★타임스퀘어 마비시킨 강동원-황정민, '검사외전' 레드카펫 현장★

STARNEWS KOREA

• Like 3

Kang Dong Won says he's 'not good with women at all'

January 28, 2016 @ 10:56 am

5Xrmgk2.jpg

Handsome actor Kang Dong Won said in an recent interview that he is "not good at seducing women at all." 

The actor had sat down for an intimate interview session with News1star at a cafe in Seoul and admitted as much. He confessed, "I got somebody's number only once in my lifetime. I don't like forcing something. I like when it is natural. I'm not someone who is overflowing with confidence. I'm fine when I'm doing my work but I really have no confidence when it comes to relationships with the opposite sex. I can't get a grasp on women. I have no way of knowing how they're feeling. There are many times I don't know what they're thinking.

Kang Dong Won also talked about his love for work, saying, "I really like making movies; it's fun. What else do I need? It's also fun to gather with the people I work with for the filmmaking process and drink and talk with them. I don't even have any hobbies anymore. I'm so happy because what I enjoyed doing on the side became my career.

Well, lucky for him, all he has to do is stand there and women shall flock to him.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/kang-dong-won-says-hes-not-good-with-women-at-all

--------------------

more pics from VP red carpet & showcase

gDThVw7.jpg

aT5Bff9.jpg

0xd57Li.jpg

5dsFiLd.jpg

Spoiler

nKCVLgU.jpg

IntlQMi.jpg

1lSVGJs.jpg

credit TTL

Fancam

AVk5VSV.jpg

FZzaLf9.jpg

5noVK80.jpg

Bqg75eK.jpg

RxXHpLe.jpg

credit on pics via dcdongwon

• Like 1

Stars who haven't done dramas in more than 10 years

Thursday, January 28, 2016 Im Soo Jung | Jeon Do Yeon | Kang Dong Won .

Ilgan Sports - Naver: Jeon Do Yeon, Kang Dong Won, Im Soo Jung and their untapped drama comebacks after 10 years

Jeon Do Yeon's last drama is 'Lovers in Prague' 11 years ago. Currently in talks for female lead in tvN's Korean adaptation of 'The Good Wife'.

Kang Dong Won's last drama is 'Magic' 12 years ago.

Im Soo Jung also hasn't done a drama in 12 years. Her last is 'I'm Sorry I Love You'

1. [+3,520, -46] Won Bin hyung what are you doing? I bet Saeron will be getting married by the time you decide to make a comeback ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,675, -123] Wishing for Kang Dong Won to be in a Noh Hee Kyung drama. Something similar to 'Padam Padam' and 'It's Okay It's Love'

3. [+2,285, -104] Even Jeon Ji Hyun made a drama comeback so I have hopes that Kang Dong Won will return too someday.. I was overjoyed when Jeon Ji Hyun decided to do a drama againㅠㅠ The thought watching her every week made me so happy

4. [+1,208, -41] Brings me back to Im Soo Jung's 'I'm Sorry I Love You' legendary days as Eunchae!!

5. [+1,010, -30] I really would like to see them often in dramas, not just movies

6. [+190, -9] I'd love to see Kang Dong Won on my tv screen every week

7. [+194, -12] Kang Dong Won, tvN has tons of quality dramas so go there and don't settle for some third-rate makjang on public broadcast

8. [+189, -14] Kang Dong Won in a drama? Definitely a must watch

9. [+176, -10] As a longtime fan, I know that one of the reasons why Kang Dong Won doesn't do dramas is that he hates romance/love storiesㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+180, -13] Imagine the visuals explosions if Kang Dong Won does a drama

11. [+159, -14] Kang Dong Won's in YG now after all so if he ever decides to do overseas advancement, he better grasp on the Chinese and Japanese markets first. He should do a drama with either Kim Eun Sook or Park Ji Eun 'cause they're experts at turning their male leads into heart throbs

• Like 3

January 28, 2016

"A Violent Prosecutor" Hwang Jung-min, "Kang Dong-won is the best partner I ever had"

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo680049.jpg

Actor Hwang Jung-min claimed Kang Dong-won is the best partner he ever had. This was the result of a lie detector.

Hwang Jung-min put his hands on a lie detector and answered questions at the show case of the movie "A Violent Prosecutor" on the 28th.

The first question was if he couldn't stand injustice like lawyer Byeon Jae-wook and Hwang answered, 'Yes'. It was true.

The second question was if Kang Dong-won was his best partner ever and Hwang answered the truth again.

The last question was if he thought he looked better in the prison uniform than Kang Dong-won and he answered the truth once again.

Hwang Jung-min takes on the role of a lawyer named Byeon Jae-wook who is framed for murder and Kang Dong-won is a pretty-boy con man named Chi-won.

Meanwhile, "A Violent Prosecutor" is a criminal movie about a lawyer framed for murder joins hands with a con man he meets inside prison and frees him first in order to get out himself. The movie will be released on the 3rd of February.

• Like 2

January 28, 2016

Hwang Jung Min and Kang Dong Won Meet Their Fans through ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ Showcase

Source: BNTNews

ibdm8kusk006oraxl368nxj9gl3h0gzi.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] Movie ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ held its red carpet and showcase event at Times Square in Yeongdeungpo, Seoul on January 28. 

‘A Violent Prosecutor’ is about a prosecutor (Hwang Jung Min) with a false charge of homicide and a good-looking swindler (Kang Dong Won) that the prosecutor helps the swindler getting out of the jail to veil his false charge. 

Meanwhile, ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ will premiere on February 3. (photo by bntnews DB)

qt7anucf20xepl04mpv0x59nhjd2w3uc.jpg

74ar8tlosdu0dqdata1j1dflk8p9peql.jpg

• Like 2

Kang Dong Won talks about his upcoming movie co-stars Lee Byung Hun and Kim Woo Bin

January 29, 2016 @ 1:51 am

In a recent interview at a cafe, actor Kang Dong Won talked about other stars, namely Lee Byung Hun and Kim Woo Bin with whom he will act alongside for movie 'Master.'

"The casting of other actors has not been completed yet," he revealed, "but I have been unable to meet Lee Byung Hun and Kim Woo Bin separately yet.  On top of Lee Byung Hun being so much more senior than I, I have never done a full-scale production with a junior before, so I have high expectations for Kim Woo Bin.

"I heard a lot that Kim Woo Bin has such a great personality.  I think it'll be fun filming with him, so I am awaiting our meeting."  Cute, he's like fanboying over a junior already.

This movie will be too explosive in eye candy... There is such a thing! 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/kang-dong-won-talks-about-his-upcoming-movie-co-stars-lee-byung-hun-and-kim-woo-bin

• Like 2

January 29, 2016

‘A Violent Prosecutor’ picked as must-see movie

The upcoming film “A Violent Prosecutor” was selected as the movie most people want to watch, according to a recent poll.

The online research company PMI surveyed 5,000 people in their 20s to 50s, and 28.4 percent (1,420) picked it as the movie they most wanted to see this weekend.

Poster of "A Violent Prosecutor"

“Kung Fu Panda 3” was in second place being selected by 700 people.

The research company noted that two out of five women in their twenties are interested in the Korean movie. 

Byun Jae-wook (Hwang Jung-min) is a prosecutor who has been falsely accused of murder, and meets a career criminal, Han Chi-won (Kang Dong-won) in a jail. Byun helps Han to be acquitted of his charges, and then uses him to clear his own false charge.

The movie opens in theaters on Feb. 3. 

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3