Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Choi Min-sik, Yoo Hae-jin, Park Yoo-chun in Chungmuro

2014/12/08

Chungmuro was a male party. From successful movies to rookies, the event focused on actors who contributed to the film industry throughout the year. The best movies were awarded and rookies were introduced. It was disappointing that actresses didn't have much space to stand in.

# Acting God: Choi Min-sik

It's not an overstatement to say that it was Choi Min-sik's year with his greatest hit being "The Admiral: Roaring Currents". He took on the role of Admiral Yi Sun-shin and 17.6 million people have watched it. The movie re-wrote Korean movie history. This syndrome brought about historical movies once more and there was even debate about the social role of these kinds of generation movies. Choi Min-sik has a record breaking movie on his hands.

# Key role: Yoo Hae-jin
Yoo Hae-jin played a big role in the 4th record breaking movie of the year; "Pirates". His reputation from "Tazza: The High Rollers 2" didn't disappoint the audience. He did his best in playing the key role and showed everyone what he's worth.

10599530_759898757391895_164158670749447

# The base of Chungmuro: Ha Jeong-woo, Kang Dong-won, Hyeon Bin

"KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" didn't reach expectations but Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won proved their reputation in Chungmuro. Kang Dong-won filmed this movie for the first time since he was discharged from the military and Hyeon Bin also made a successful comeback with "The Fatal Encounter".

# Safe base as an actor: Park Yoo-chun, Si Wan, Choi Seung-hyeon
There were many actors turned singers this year. Park Yoo-chun from "Haemoo" took home the 34th Yeongpyeong Award, the 51st Daejong Rookie Award and more. Si Wan left a deep impression with the movie "The Attorney" which was released in December last year. Choi Seung-hyeon continuously starred in movies "71-Into the Fire", "Commitment" and "Tazza: The High Rollers 2".

# Other discoveries: Ahn Jae-hong and Kim Won-hae

Other actors have been spotted in the meanwhile. Ahn Jae-hong who took home the 51st Daejong rookie actor award, aroused the public with independent movies and Kim Won-hae stimulated curiosity when he starred in the movie "Tazza: The High Rollers 2". He was also on the MBC TV show "Radio Star". Lee Kyeong-yeong starred in various movies like "The Attorney", "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant","Pirates", "Tazza: The High Rollers 2" and more.

# The pride: Son Ye-jin and Sim Eun-kyeong

This year, there weren't many movie starring leading actresses. Still, Son Ye-jin stood out in "Pirates" and took home the Daejong Best Actress and Sim Eun-kyeong from "Miss Granny" made everyone proud.Cheon Woo-hee from "Princess Han" also placed herself as an actress by successfully gaining the attention of the public.

source : English hancinema Korea osen

Rendezvous for KIM Yun-seok and GANG Dong-won
Zip Cinema’s Next Production: BLACK PRIESTS

Posted Image

Following their collaboration in 2009 for Woochi, actors KIM Yun-seok and GANG Dong-won are considering partnering up once again for Black Priests (W/T), the next Zip Cinema production.

Both actors are currently in the last stages of negotiations for their roles according to KIM’s management company Sim Entertainment, and are trying to confirm their schedules. Rumor has it that the two actors were excited about the film after reading the scenario.

Black Priests is about two Catholic priests who get involved in an incident. The film will be directed by JANG Jae-hyun, who won Best Film in the Extreme Nightmare section at the 13th Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival (MSFF) this year for his short 12th Assistant Deacon. Black Priests will be the feature version of 12th Assistant Deacon and is the JANG’s first commercial feature. It is possible that GANG had his eyes on director JANG’s work after participating at MSFF as a jury member this year.

Zip Cinema is still working on finalizing casting and has yet to find the female protagonist. They are planning to find a new face through an open audition, and if all goes as planned, the film will start shooting in February next year.

source : koreanfilm

----------------------------

12번째 보조사제 12th Assistant Deacon, 2014 예고편 Trailer
@MSFF
http://youtu.be/nmXksNFK87c
gürdal Cin

I've been busy with my studies and avoiding the thread in case of 'My Brilliant Life' spoilers, but the latest news is awesome! I hope he does the movie with Hwang Jung Min too. Two valuable actors to work with and two very interesting premises! Creep is doing so well.

Guest AnJilaah

Super excited to hear 2 casting news for Dong Won. I hope we get confirmation soon enough on what he'll do for 2015. :D I really hope he accepts the movie with Hwang Jung Min (hehe I love him).
Korean Gallop had a survey in regards to actors who shined on 2014.
1. Choi Min Sik2. Song Kang Ho3. Ryu Seung Ryong4. Ha Jung Wo5. Lee Byung Hun6. Kang Dong Won7. Sol Kyung gu8. Jung Woo Sung9. Hyun Bin
Cr: sports chosun
AA.9379207.1_99_20141211033148.jpg

Korean Actor Fees Analysis
Kang Dong Won is included in the 6M mark. :)
Others from same mark: Choi Min Sik, Hwang Jung Min, Kim Yoon Seok, Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Jo Seung Woo, Ryu Seong Ryong.
7M three actors are Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun
Cr:  Korean economic

Korean Movie Actors' Current Acting Fee
Source: Naver (disclaimer: Google-translate)
700 Million Won - Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun600 Million Won - Kang Dong Won, Choi Min Sik, Hwang Jung Min, Kim Yoon Seok, Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Jo Seung Woo, Ryoo Seung Ryong500 Million Won - Lee Jung Jae, Kim Myung Min, Sol Kyung Gu, Cha Tae Hyun, Baek Yoon Shik400 Million Won Gong Yoo, Yoo Ah In, Park Hae Il300 Million Won - Lee Min Ki, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho200 Million Won - Choi Seung Hyun (TOP), Kim Rae Won, Yeo Jin Gooimage

Guest kazumichan

600 million Won is just only around 600 000 USD my dear @ruzikie :P. Since he didn't do CF, only one or two per year so I don't think he earns much.
To compare,  one CF of Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Min Ho already cost 1 or 1.5 million USD. But they must did a lot of things, not just take some photo shoot, they must go to signing event for fan, promote a lot for the brand. ..etc..
Of course I'm proud that at his salary per movie, he considered like a Top of top in the showbiz land, at a very young age :)

Guest kazumichan

@ajaaja8 hi ! I know, that's why I like him more.

There's no news about the movie the prosecutor. I have a little bit worried cause in the both movie, the directors are just two new face, also these are very first work of the directors. Can they make it pass well ?