Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest AnJilaah

Hi Everyone,
Im so happy to see Kundo doing so well. It garnered already 3M viewers! Wow! Kang Dong Won and Kundo fighting! :)

This one is on the news. KDW paper dolls ;))
2014072719547280657_1.jpg?rnd=87853

Source:  Ize via Naver
Also want to share this blog- so many HD photos of KDW during the Star Live Talk, Stage Greeting(July 26 and 27). :D
Star Live Talk (072314) - http://blog.naver.com/himawari1108/220071756526
Stage Greeting(072614) - http://blog.naver.com/himawari1108/220072981983
Stage Greeting(072714) - http://blog.naver.com/himawari1108/220073623757

Kundo breaks 3m admissions in South Korea

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI5MjAxNC8wNy8yNy8xNy81Mi8x

By Kevin Ma

Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:00 AM (HKT)

Box Office News

Kundo: Age of the Rampant 군도 had one of the best opening weekends of all time for a domestic film in South Korea.

On its first five days, the period action film made ₩24.3 billion (US$23.7 million) from 3.10 million admissions, including ₩17 billion (US$16.5 million) from 2.11 million admissions between Friday and Sunday.

This marks the second-best Friday-to-Sunday opening weekend for a domestic film. Last August, Snowpiercer 설국열차 set the record with ₩16.7 billion (US$16.3 million) from 2.27 million admissions. It's final gross was ₩67 billion (US$65.3 million) from 9.35 million admissions.

Three years ago, Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) made ₩33.1 billion (US$32.3 million) from 3.36 million admissions by its fifth day on release. It's three-day weekend opening gross was ₩23.2 billion (US$22.6 million) from 2.37 million admissions.

Kundo accounted for 61.4% of total box office revenue for the weekend.

Animated fantasy How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened second-placed this weekend with ₩6.25 billion (US$6.09 million) from 736,000 admissions between Friday and Sunday. After five days, it has made ₩7.63 billion (US$7.44 million) from 902,000 admissions.

Four years ago, the first How to Train Your Dragon (2010) made ₩9.07 billion (US$8.84 million) from 908,000 admissions on its first five days. It made a total of ₩27.5 billion (US$26.8 million) from 2.60 million admissions during its theatrical run.

Sylvain CHOMET's Attila Marcel, the director's first live-action film, opened in eighth place. Released on 36 screens on Thursday, the French comedy-drama made ₩107 million (US$104,000) from 13,500 admissions on its first four days.

In 2010, Chomet's animated The Illusionist made ₩32.3 million (US$31,500) from 4,090 admissions on its first five days. It made a total of ₩122 million (US$119,000) from 15,600 admissions during its theatrical run.

The Divine Move 신의 한수 dropped to fourth place in its fourth weekend, making ₩969 million (US$945,000) from 118,000 admissions between Friday and Sunday. After 25 days, the revenge thriller has made ₩28.3 billion (US$27.6 million) from 3.50 million admissions.

credit FilmBizAsia | July 28 2014

South Korean Period Actioner 'Kundo' Records Biggest Opening of Year

The star-studded project earned $23.7 million over the weekend, beating this year's record box office opening set by "Transformers 4."

SEOUL — South Korean period actioner Kundo: Age of the Rampant had a record opening in the local box office, hauling in over $23.7 million in the first five days of its release. This beats the previous2014 opening record set by Transformers: Age of Extinction, which cashed in $22.4 million during the same time period.

The film has so far had 3 million admissions as of Monday, reaching the milestone three days earlier than the latestTransformers film. South Korea uses admissions as its primary box-office measure.

Kundo also recorded the highest grossing opening day in Korean box office history (550,000 admissions on July 23), beating the longstanding score of 544 thousand admissions set by the previousMichael Bay film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon,in 2011. During the weekend of July 25-27 aloneKundo accounted for 61.5 percent of total tickets sold in the country, bringing in 2.11 million admissions.

The newly opened How to Train Your Dragon 2 came in second at $7.45 million, followed by Dawn of the Planet of the Apes which has so far grossed $29.18 million. The local actioner, The Divine Move, continued to perform strongly despite being Rated-R ($27.62 million so far) at fourth place, whileTransformers 4 stepped further down the ranks to take sixth place after the Japanese horror flick JU-ON: The Beginning of the End.

Directed by Yoon Jong-bin and featuring a star-studded cast including popular actor Ha Jung-woo,Kundo is about a group of Robin Hood-like bandits stealing from corrupt aristocrats to give to the poor during the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910). Distributed by Showbox/Mediaplex, the film made a successful market premiere at Cannes earlier this year and was pre-sold to multiple territories across North America, Europe and Asia. Well Go USA will distribute the film in North America.

credit The Hollywood Reporter | July 28 2014

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 740px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"[Kundo: Age of the Rampant] Breaks Box Office Record in First Weekend!2014072800324803862_1.jpg

Movie [Kundo: Age of the Rampant] has broken the opening first weekend box office record.

On July 28th, according to the ‘Film Council Cinema Ticket Integrated Computer Network’, [Kundo: Age of the Rampant] (Director ‘Yoon Jong Bin’, below ‘Kundo’) scored 2,114,057 audiences during 3 days from july 25th to 27th and ranked 1st in the weekend box office. The cumulative attendance was 3,097,852.

Opening on july 23rd, [Kundo] scored 550,000 audiences breaking the opening day box office record. Reaching 1,000,000 audiences on the third day and then 2,000,000 on the fourth day , ‘Kundo’ mobilised an audience of 860,000 on Saturday 26th and broke the one day score record of this year movies.

At the same time as the opening, [Kundo] which has shown a huge popularity reached over 3,000,000 audiences on july 27th in the afternoon. Only 5 days after the opening of the movie, it’s has come up to the top with an increasing audience record which is 3 days much faster than [Transformers: Dark of the Moon], the previous title holder.

Reporter: An Lee Seul
Translator: Choi Kyung Hun
Editor: Son Ji Ho
KOFAN | July 28 2014

The screening of Kundo: Age of the Rampant at Fantasia International Film Festival .
For more details: FIFF 2014 Schedule 
class="skew" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-size: 1.71429em; outline: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 2em 20px 1.25em; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.2em; position: relative; font-family: Oswald, 'sans serif'; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background: url( dark_bg_o.gif) 0px 0px repeat rgb(0, 0, 0);"WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2014

• Norway
  • 101 mins
  • Norwegian / English
  • English (subtitles)

OPENING FILM: Goat Witch4:30 PM • Concordia Hall Theatre+

• Preservation

Preservation

Christopher Denham

• International
  • 110 mins
  • English / French
  • English (subtitles)7:15 PM • J.A. De Seve Theatre

Wellgo USA Entertainment, the distributor for the North America has set a theatrical release date of Aug 29 for Kundo: Age of the Rampant at selected cities in the US & Canada. 
To check for the locations & buy tickets:   Wellgo USA/Kundo
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Kundo Official US Release Trailer 1
http://youtu.be/DJ0KA7XE3nE

fizzykyle said: Wellgo USA Entertainment, the distributor for the North America has set a theatrical release date of Aug 29 for Kundo: Age of the Rampant at selected cities in the US & Canada. 
To check for the locations & buy tickets:   Wellgo USA/Kundo
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Kundo Official US Release Trailer 1
http://youtu.be/DJ0KA7XE3nE

Guest jaeinmae

@buri i know what you mean... i was actually in Dongdaemun waiting for the cast of Kundo to appear when my mother-in law called me, ordering me to go to Manila pronto!!! I am minutes away from seeing HJW and KDW but my mother-in law"s driver is standing in front of me waiting ..... gosh to be so near, i almost cried in frustration, hahaha..... anyway i already watched Kundo and, boy!!!! KDW"s graceful movement is really, really daebak!!!!and his eyes do the acting for him.... you can feel his emotions thru his eyes..... i don't know how long i will be here in Manila but i'm going to make sure that i'll be in Seoul when MPL/MBL opens.... hahaha... i'm thinking now of strong alibi for my mother-in law....

[Review | CounterPunch] Secret Reunion
Jang Hoon's "Secret Reunion" class="article-title" style="margin: 3px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 36px;"Korean Border Noirby LOUIS PROYECT

In April 2013 I wrote a survey for CounterPunch on Korean War movies made by Koreans that included Jang Hoon’s The Front Line, about which I wrote:

Guest AnJilaah

At the video, girls were asked who they would like to go with for a summer vacation and Kang Dong Won is @ number 1. :P His part starts at 5:58
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[Y-STAR] Summer vacation with flower boys. ([꽃미남 여심전심 랭킹쇼] 여름휴가는 꽃미남 너로 정했다!)

Source: ystarnews @youtube

hey guys just came from a kdrama blogger who wrote that writer Kim Eun Sook (who is writing a new drama titled Descendants of the Sun) meet with wuri Kang dong won. They had lunch in SBS studio. Has anyone read or heard any ramblings of him coming back to dramaland?
I know in his recent interviews, he stated of preferring movies over dramas but I for one would love him in dramas. 
The drama (descendants of the sun) plot is so out there and not yet solid. The writer itself is not my fave but she is know to write Ratings magnet dramas(Secret Garden, lover in paris, lovers in Prague and the most recent Heirs). Basing on KDW's choices in projects, he has always been on picking awesome and solid writing and production> So I am a little curious as to what this could mean. I personally hope he doesn't sign on. KES dramas (in my opinion) are not all solid or well written. If he signs on a drama and make a drama comeback, I wish it would be from writer Lee Kyung Hee (Sangdoo Lets go to school, Innocent Man, Thank you) or Lee Woo Jung, Park Ji Eun, or Song JIna or Kim young hyun.
Even if he doesn't take this, if it is true that he did meet with the writer, could it mean that KDW's drama comeback is getting near?

anyway this is where i read it, from the comments part | reply of the writer to a reader named Aluahttp://koalasplayground.com/2014/07/31/sbs-confirms-june-2015-premiere-for-new-kim-eun-sook-overseas-pre-produced-drama-descendants-of-the-sun/

Guest jaeinmae

@czakhareina, i quite agree with you, i hope KDW wasn't enticed to do this drama.....him having lunch with KES maybe just for him to listen and study the proposed project. Like Miss Alua, i hope KES will never get KDW......    by the way, for those who hasn't seen Kundo, please watch !!! you will never regret it!!!! Even my husband enjoyed the movie...hahaha ....he was amazed by KDW....he wants to know how a tall man like KDW is so graceful and very agile, moving and wielding his sword while wearing hanbok......please watch, watch, watch......