Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 10px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 37px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 30px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gang Dong Won cried heartily after filming concluded for ‘Kundo’44609-247527-210x300.jpg44609-247523-214x300.jpg44609-247525-300x199.jpg44609-247526-300x209.jpg

Gang Dong Won recently headed to Spain to do a photo shoot for ‘HIGH CUT’ magazine, and he also shared interesting stories behind the filming of his upcoming South Korean movie ‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant’.

Gang Dong Won plays the antagonist Jo Yoon in ‘Kundo’, and he said, “My task is just to fight in this movie. In a commercial fighting movie, an actor would get more scenes if he acts really well. So I have to be more impressive than the stunt team, that was my target.”

As for being praised as the actor who is most adept with using a sword in the Korean movie industry by action director, Jung Doo Hong, Gang Dong Won said, “I don’t think so because there’s Choi Min Soo. But I did put a lot of effort into it. Later on during filming, the stunt team members even said I could practise slicing haystacks with a real sword. And that I could definitely slice them apart.”

As for the most touching moment of his life, Gang Dong Won answered, “The most touching exciting moment must be the time after concluding filming for ‘Kundo’. I have never cried when I wrapped up filming for a production, but ‘Kundo’ was the first one that I cried for. At the post-wrap gathering, the director showed us the recording and photos, and I started crying midway through. I guess that’s the most touching moment of my life.”

Besides filming for ‘Kundo’, Gang Dong Won also squeezed out time to film ‘My Brilliant Time’ at the same time, which will open in cinemas this September. In ‘My Brilliant Time’, Gang Dong Won is cast in the role of a father who has a son that was born with Progeria syndrome, a rare genetic defect that will cause him to show advanced aging from an early age. Actress Song Hye Kyo will play the wife role in the movie.

Gang Dong Won revealed that he already knew Song Hye Kyo would be the female lead when he auditioned for the role. He also felt that the story was really interesting, and that was the most important part. Finally, he managed to pass the audition, and the rest is history.

Meanwhile, ‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant’ will open in cinemas across South Korea on July 23rd.

By: Yang Ji Won
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Hi everyone.....Been just checking around and read some articles on KDW.
I hope that KDW will choose good scripts and really show his ability of acting. So many young actors like Park Yoo CHun , Yoo Ah In, Kim Soo Hyun are really showing off their diverse acting abilities. And they are really good. They are able to carry off diverse characters really well whether it is Historical, Action or Romance.
His 2 years off for the MS has effected a bit of his acting which he has admitted recently at the KUNDO Press and i guess when we see the KUNDO film, some people might feel. Some critics have already written about it. ( I read at the KUNDO thread). So please please KDW..... work hard and chose diverse characters and hope that the aim that you want ( To be known as a best actor) will happen.
We are anxiously waiting for KDW next project after MPL. We hope that it will be really strong  where he can really show off his acting power. Please  please try to lay of dark mysterious films scripts for the time being, you have done quite a few of them.....we hope that you will chose something different, a character which you have not done and has depth.All the best KDW!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really hope that you will be the next Song Kang Ho.... an actor who is well known for his strong character acting....:)>-

Kang Dong-Won “I could make appearance in movie because of Song Hye-Gyo, I am grateful”

10292_1.jpg
Kang Dong-Won “I could make appearance in movie because of Song Hye-Gyo, I am grateful”

Kang Dong-Won talked about his feelings about his new works ‘Gundo’ and ‘Exciting my life’, during the photo shooting held in common by the fashion magazine High Cut. In this shooting held in the beach and the medieval village of Cataluna province in Spain, Kang Dong-Won showed off his handsome face and superior body ratio, with the picturesque scenery as the background.
Kang Dong-Won, who gave performance as the absolute evil Jo Yoon of ‘Gundo’, said “in this movie, my part is the action. The better the actor performs in the action commercial movie, the more there are to shoot for him. Then it makes sense that I should do better than the action team. That was my goal.” To the question about the moment that was most exciting of his life, he said “it was also when I was filming ‘Gundo’. I had never shed tears when the filming ended, but it was the first time for me to do so when it came to ‘Gundo’. During the party after the last filming, the director showed the films and photos. Tears shed as I saw them.” 
Besides ‘Gundo’, Kang Dong-Won gave performance as couple with Song Hye-Gyo, and as a young, tired father who raises the old son who is suffering from progeria, in ‘Exciting my life’ which is about to premiere in Chuseok, September. Kang Dong-Won said “Song Hye-Gyo had already been starred. I heard that she would be playing in this movie at the private gathering, and having thought that it would be fun, I asked her for the scenario. I am thankful to the actress who eventually helped me to participate in this movie.” [사진=HIGH CUT]
credit Innolife | July 17 2014

"My Brilliant Life" stills get 2.3 million hits

photo462267.jpg
"My Brilliant Life" which is based on Kim Ae-ran's best seller, is highly anticipated.
"My Brilliant Life" was ranked number one in portal sites ever since the stills were released on the 17th.
The same still also recorded a number of 2.3 million hits in a day when even 1 million hits is a rare occasion.
"My Brilliant Life" is about the oldest looking son in the world when he is actually only 17 years old with parents who had him when they were 17. Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo make up part of the cast in the roles of Dae-soo and Mi-ra, a hot tempered mom.
"My Brilliant Life" is also a best-selling novel written by Kim Ae-ran-I which recorded 14 thousand copies sold in just 3 months. To be released in Chuseok season.
Source Sports DongAcredit Hancinema | July 18 2014

Guest retsuno

web_32060736_0fb71396_image_zps5b9583e3.

c4ece1754c431c5b9164d03a46918adf_zps8ee1

Credit as labelled & KDW Gallery DC

@LynneL I also read that article, and I think now I understand why people around KDW at first worried when he took this movie. As his comeback project, he isn't the main lead (HJW is), and his character will be overshadowed by HJW's. Just like the article said, the fault is not entirely on KDW's acting but his character is too common. I also hope his next project will be another challenge for him. He still receives many offers, and I believe he could realize his dream to become a great actor.
 And I still keep my hope to see KDW with Director Bong Joon Ho, really like his movies and he once said that he want to cast him in his movie.

Translation from me as addition ... From his recent interview regarding love and marriage...
"He said he would never go public with his relationship. It's not easy to talk about his love life and he doesn't know why he must talk about it?
Even if he has girlfriend or not, he would answer he doesn't have. Because he hate to tell lie to people
"

Regarding marriage, "He still doesn't understand. He said in his 20s he never thought about marriage. But recently, he started to think about it. Lot of people around him have their own kids. Even Yoon Jong Bin director said when he had children, many things changed."
He also continues, "When he imagined in his 50s, there's no one who welcome him home, it feels lonely. At this time, he thought that he need to get married. But he doesn't think about it specifically yet"

Source : asiae.co.kr

@LynneL I think that's just personal opinion, I found some viewers disliked his acting style but many really impressed his. :)I guess he wanted to show off his action acting more in Kundo...cause it's considering being a commercial film....
but I rather disagree your mention abt his diverse acting abilities, he is well-known being one of the most diverse acting talents, PYC & YAI are also good but still far from this...
------------------------------------
This is a good start even the premier screening, looking forward to July 23! 
8fp5HB.jpgKofic

btw glad to see MPL/MBL first stills hits, such a good start too! :)

Hi @oceanluv .... Thank you for the awesome pictures of KDW.
Its amazing....he looks awesome. Yeah really looking forward to the opening of KUNDO on 23rd. And really looking forward to the Sept Vogue issue. Any one knows when the magazine comes out in Korea?

tnx guys for sharing kdw's pics & interview.

i cant help my self from drooling looking at his pictures the one w/ high cut is so fashionably sexy he gets more gorgeous everytime i see him. i personally love that pic of kdw while his training it shows his sexy biceps :D <3

@retsuno, @lynneL He worried first just because he had a long time not acting in front of camera and he hadnt found the feeling he used to have, not because of being overshadowed by HJW. HJW is a great actor and be co star with him in a movie is a honor,  but Dong Won also has his own charm, talent and confident. He has his own color even beside some great veterans such as Song Kang Ho, Kim Yoon Suk... before, I dont think he would be affected by this ridiculous reason

Guest sunflower91

from Dispatch:

[D-Talks] "강동원의 30대는 더 치열할 것이다" (인터뷰)

기사입력 : 2014-07-19 11:17

D - Talks "Kang Dong-Won 30 of the more fierce" (interview) Article input: July 19, 2014 11:17 AM

201471912055xnqlnet_T5_89111.jpg

201471913513u80dnet_T5_88937.jpg
201471913513p694net_T5_88938.jpg
201471913513d950net_T5_88939.jpg
201471913513t0yonet_T5_88941.jpg
201471913513d0ainet_T5_88940.jpg
2014719135146itxnet_T5_88943.jpg

Guest retsuno

Hello @nguyenp Sorry for the misunderstanding .. I didn't mean that KDW is the one who worried because he will be overshadowed by HJW, but the people around him (his friends). And it's also not because they don't believe with his acting, but because his character is not the main character in the movie (for common case, actor will choose movie where they are the male lead as a comeback project, but KDW didn't do that). I think I read it somewhere in one of his interview.
I also believe KDW's acting won't lose to HJW. In fact, I really like both of them, I'm sure from this movie KDW will gain more experience since he had chance to co star with a lot of great sunbae :)

[HanCinema's Film

Review] "KUNDO: Age of

the Rampant"

Jo-yoon (played by Kang Dong-won ) is the saddest

villain. "KUNDO: Age of the Rampant" makes an

extended point of spelling out the guy's terrible

childhood. What it boils down to thematically is that Jo-

yoon tries to get the approval of his father by

brutalizing and humiliating every single poor person he

can find, but nothing that Jo-yoon does is ever good

enough for His Excellency Jo (played by Song Yeong-

chang). Why is that? Well mostly because His Excellency

Jo is a big fat jerk.

It's a fascinating dynamic, honestly. This movie is about

a literal rebellion against the rich people who insist on

making poor people suffer, and Jo-yoon always just

looks so hurt. Whether it's his terrible dad or Dolmuchi

(played by Ha Jeong-woo ), Kang Dong-won always has

this look on his face that just says, you know, that really

hurt my feelings. I wish you'd be more considerate of

how I feel. I just want to murder all my political

opponents and take over the world.

Too bad he's not the main character. Dolmuchi is an all

right protagonist, really he is, and his meat cleaver fight

scenes are always a treat to watch. But his story by

contrast is just so generic. The main interesting thing

about Dolmuchi is that he also has a vindictive streak

against nobility- an interesting parallel to Jo-yoon's

attitude, with one essential difference. Dolmuchi

humiliates the people he hates by giving them a bad

haircut. Jo-yoon kills and tortures them. Oftentimes

personally. I imagine that this is an attempt to get his

father's approval. Spoiler alert- it doesn't work.

The metaphor for class struggle is surprisingly apt, even

if the movie is set in antiquity. Everybody's just really

unhappy and they're stuck in a big fight trying to make

the other person more miserable. It's actually pretty

pointless- except to the extent that, as a summer action

flick, the main purpose here is to provide a vehicle for

cool action scenes. And they are pretty neat- when they

show up.

Unfortunately only Dolmuchi and Jo-yoon get much

individual focus. The most interesting character here in

terms of spectacle is actually Tianbao (played by Ma

Dong-seok ), but he only gets to use that crazy looking

ball and chain in a few scenes, and just in acrobatic

beatdowns of various mooks. It's almost a pity that

"KUNDO: Age of the Rampant" spends so much time on

backstory- the variety in the fights is decent. It's just

that it could have been epic if only the movie weren't

already too long.

Still, what we have is pretty good. The Western aesthetic

is excellent. The music is wonderful, even if some of it

was taken from another highly publicized film in the

same genre. All in all the movie looks great and it's a

fair amount of fun to boot. But then, I was getting a

little caught up in the weirdness of Jo-yoon's plot about

class consciousness and why being the heir to a family

of rich jerks isn't necessarily a good thing. Others might

be bored. At the very least though, there's plenty to

chew on.

Review by William Schwartz

" KUNDO : Age of the Rampant " is directed by Yoon

Jong-bin and features Ha Jeong-woo , Kang Dong-won ,

Lee Sung-min , Jo Jin-woong , Ma Dong-seok and Yoon

Ji-hye .

source Hancinema

www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-film-review-kundo-age-of-the-rampant-71445.html

[Eng Sub] KBS ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY Featuring Kundo CastHa Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Jo Jin WOong and Ma Dong SeokThis originally aired last July 5, 2014 but Eng sub just came out July 19 2014
credit KBS World TV

Starts at time 28:35 (Intro by announcer)Full KUNDO CAST feature is from 28.54 to 34.55

DIRECT LINK: HERE

Hi everyone...............thank you for all the updates.
Can you please post more of his interviews translated in english please...... would really appreciate  ^:)^ ^:)^ for a non korean like me.....its awesome to get updates like like......Please please....is there anyone out there who can translated the questions and answers in the dispatch interview..... ^:)^