Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest HaA1430293615

Hey, Hi everyone. First time commenting here. I really really really really like Kang Dong Won. I am his fan for 10 years, the pity is he doesnt join in drama anymore. I actually hope that he will participate in 1 drama in the future...

welcome HaA, you are like me, be his fan for 10 years :)but don't lose hope, he said in his latest BD event... "In the past, I would have not 100 % unconditionally. But these days, my answer changed a little... 10% positive...? The production environment seemed a little better."Source: daum cafe/blog, credit: AnJilaah

10% is quite good... :)
---------------------- 
NEW Pic from Uniqlo Korea
heart-warming smile....1gy2tW.jpg
ccN7CX.jpg
http://goo.gl/NcJjwD

@irilight...hello dear...nice to meeting you here too...i thought you've been here for so long before... :P

Still pray and hope that KDW will do drama again...maybe just like Drama Special or in 16 episodes drama...LOL... [-O< [-O<

Hello, @irilight. ^_^

I think Kang would consider a drama if it were on cable or maybe even pre-produced. I mean, they don't pay as much as movies do, so he would have to do it purely out of love for the material, but I do believe he would go for such a drama.

But given pre-produced ones don't do well and how they are rare, as are original premises, I don't think the industry is quite there yet. It would have to be one epic story, pre-produced and on cable to draw him in and you just don't get those often. But maybe one day this industry will remember a little thing called 'labor rights' and realize filming like madmen is not doing anyone any favors. Until then, I think this gentleman is fine where he is.

Hello @Orion.. thank you for your insights..

Curious.. why cable?

Kudos your conclusion!

" But maybe one day this industry will remember a little thing called 'labor rights' and realize filming like madmen is not doing anyone any favors. Until then, I think this gentleman is fine where he is."

I have often thought about those conditions of filming Kdrama...!

irilight said: Hello @Orion.. thank you for your insights..

Curious.. why cable?

Kudos your conclusion!

" But maybe one day this industry will remember a little thing called 'labor rights' and realize filming like madmen is not doing anyone any favors. Until then, I think this gentleman is fine where he is."

I have often thought about those conditions of filming Kdrama...!

• 2 weeks later...

cut from http://www.getitk.com/blockbuster-history-films/?lang=en
Blockbuster History Films

‘Kundo: Age of the Rampant’ starring ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won

The plot of the movie is set in the late 19th century in Joseon. The movie is about fights between a band of fighters named Kundo that steal money and possessions from the aristocracy of the country. Ha Jung-woo plays ‘Dolmuchi’ and Kang Dong-won plays ‘Jo-yoon’.

There are not many details revealed about the movie but it is one of the most anticipated movies for 2014. The director of the movie is Yoon Jong-bin who was praised for the movie he directed ‘Nameless Ganster: Rules of the Time’ in 2012. It will be released in July 2014.

Other history movies like ‘Roaring Currents’ and ‘Memories of the Sword’ will also join the blockbusters, sweeping the country with period films.

cvShh7.jpg

can't wait... :-??

Guest AnJilaah

20140421094955155703.jpg
Kang Dong Won and other UAA artists (Song Hye Kyo and Yoo Ah In) give support by joining the relief goods operation to theaffected families of the Sewol Ferry incident. 
Cr: http://news.nate.com/view/20140421n07356
My heart goes out to the families. I can't even fathom how hard it must be for them... :( 
EDIT:
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Hye Gyo, Kang Dong Won, and Yoo Ah In Donate to Ferry Disaster Relief Efforts
yoo-ah-in-song-hye-gyo-kang-dong-won-soo

It has been belatedly revealed that artists from management agency UAA (United Artists Agency) have donated relief goods to families of the missing victims of the Sewol ferry disaster at the Jindo port. UAA is home to actress Song Hye Gyo, and actors Kang Dong Won and Yoo Ah In.

A rep from UAA stated, “On April 18, the actors wanted to help even just a little so they sent relief goods.” Because the actors didn’t want a big fuss made out of it, the relief goods were sent through the name of the management agency.

Besides these three actors, other celebrities, including baseball player Ryu Hyun Jin, actors Song Seung Hun and On Joo Wan, and fans of various idol groups have donated to the relief efforts of the Sewol ferry disaster. 

Cr: soompi

Hi Everyone!!! haven't post here for a while, trying to keep my sanity. LoL Tried to not go crazy about KDW.. but it's sooooo HARD!!!!!  b-(  Seems like he's everywhere, even when there's so little news on him. Just the other day I started the drama Wonderful Days, the little boy name is Kang Dong Won, his sister said he's nowhere close to the actor! hehe and just now, finish watching Angel Eyes, the policewoman, SW's friend mention how people say that Joo Won and Kang Dong Won look-a-like (I agree to a certain extent) .. how is a Girl suppose to not be curious (or go insane) about KDW, he's EVERYWHERE!! (Songs, Drama, Movie remake and he Model!!)  8-} I need a break but my heart won't let me!  :(

A fan from DC told that she unexpectedly watched the 1st Kundo's Trailer on the theater screen yesterday...And today Showbox posted this capture pic from the movie....
0HPzrz.jpg

SB will post the Jo Yoon's capture pic tomorrow....http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201404291509491110

the posters
SKGpla.jpg

w4pWuZ.jpg
=P~

The full trailer will be released on May 7!
credit DC
btw, MPL will finish filming this month....

Guest AnJilaah

Long hair KDW? The promised Jooyoon photo from Showbox. :x Ah i can't wait for May 7!!
1502698_636659823077798_8053618523365271

Source: SHOWBOX(쇼박스) @ Facebook

While waiting for July to come, I re-watch his old drama 1% of anything. Gosh...ain't he blossoming & transforming so much. I am glad that he takes many roles that really requires acting ability and not just look in the movies.

But what I love his the most is his low key profile from went in & out of the Army, taking his projects and stay out of publication. Perhaps that is why people are dying for every ounces of news regarding him.