Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Some pics from Kundo: Age of the Rampant...
kundo1_zpsc51160b2.jpg

kundo2_zpsd52c4652.jpg

(From right) The band of robbers: Ma Dong-seok, Lee Sung-min, Ha Jung-woo, , Yoon Ji-hye... and bcos of those beards, I' m not so sure about the last 3 gentlemen, my wild guess - Lee Geung-young,  Jo Jin-woong and Kim Sung-kyun.
Now waiting for the Joo Yoon (KDW) pic to emerge...

EDIT:
News article from HANCINEMA 
Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won in "KUNDO"

Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won are starring in the movie "KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant".

"KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant" is directed by Yoon Jong-bin from "Nameless Gangster" and is co-starred by Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won. Other casts include Lee Kyeong-yeong, Lee Sung-min,Jo Jin-woong, Ma Dong-seok, Yoon Ji-hye, Jeong Man-sik, Kim Seong-gyoon and more.
"KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant" completed filming in November and aimed for released in the summer of 2014. The movie consists of Korea in the 21st century and the Chosun times in the 19th century. The movie was filmed for 189 days all over Gunsan, Goorae, Dam-yang, Gwesan, Bong-hwa, Andong, Hadong, Yangjoo, Yongin, Yeong-wol and more.
Action historical "KUNDO: The Age of the Rampant" is different from usual historical which deals with the internal fight for authority and looks at things from a civilian's point of view. The black and white pictures of Ha Jeong-woo and the other impressive casts stimulate excitement.

Guest dhienca

hi everyone!!

My name is dhienca. I just signed up soompi because of kang dong won. Hahahaaa...

I really love Dong Won oppa like you all.

Sorry if my English is very bad.

Have a nice day..... :D

^welcome Dhienca! come and talk with us more often 8->
-------------
another news from 10ASIA
class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gang Dong-won, Ha Jung-woo’s Period Action Pic to Open Next SummerPosted on 2013/12/19 by Cory Lee in FILM

Korean movie stars Gang Dong-won and Ha Jung-woo’s upcoming film has decided its opening schedule to next summer.

New Korean movie ““Gundo” (Romanized Korean), starring the two top male stars, cranked up early last month and is in the post production, aiming at exciting movie fans next summer.

To depict scenery and give visual pleasure of Joseon Dynasty in the 19th century, the main cast members and filming crew hit the road around Korea for 189 days.

Filmed by acclaimed director Yoon Jong-bin of “Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time,” the period-set actioner will center around outstanding warrior Cho-yoon (Gang) who has a twisted personality due to position as a concubine`s son and butcher Dol Moo-chi (Ha) who later becomes a member of the righteous outlaws.

Co-starring Cho Jin-woong, Kim Seong-kyun and Lee Sung-min, the action film is set to portray a group of Robin Hood-like men who steal from corrupt officials to help the poor.

Reporter. Cory Lee

Courtesy of Showbox

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/76122

Guest dhienca

I think I've been impatiently waiting for the release..!! 8->

Wanna watch him in his new movie..

Waaaaaa.. :-bd

Btw, of all the movies before, I have not watched camellia and the x..

Where I can watch it?? :(

I've been looking everywhere. But still not found it.. :((

dhienca said: I think I've been impatiently waiting for the release..!! 8-> Wanna watch him in his new movie.. Waaaaaa.. :-bd Btw, of all the movies before, I have not watched camellia and the x.. Where I can watch it?? :( I've been looking everywhere. But still not found it.. :((

Guest dhienca

Whooaaaaa.. 8->

Thank you sooo much @nozaroc.. :D

Finally I can watch it..

Although doesn't understand the language..

Hahahaaa.. =))

Our oppa always awesome in any role.. :x

But why he never played in the drama again??

I think it would be good if we could watch him on tv every day.. ;;)

LOL

Guest dhienca

when I watch this drama, I suddenly smiled.. :D
she said that kang dong won is an amazing actor..
oppaaa.. :x
it seems like he is getting more and more popular in korea..

This capture from "My love from another star" ep 4..
5kw2.png
ehae.png

Then I remembered, he was also discussed in another drama..
"Pretty boy / bel ami" ep 1..
fk0v.png
25yq.png
2iw0.png
u370.png
8arm.png

Oppa, fightiiiiing!!!!!
2vow.jpg

Guest maygrool

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie here as a fan of Kang Dong Won.Actually I was/am a fan of Joo Won and when many people said that Joo Won looks like Kang Dong Won, I tried to surf and sneak about him.And yeah, it made me come to like him, even more than I like Joo Won. :D:)) :DIt's a bit funny to confess that Kang Dong Won is much more attracted in many aspects (for me).  =)) =)) =))

So, I wish we could upload and share his latest news here.
I know he is very private person and he doesn't like to talk about himself much.And yeah, as I fall for this kind of secretive guy, all I can do is visiting this Kang Dong Won Thread nearly everyday and finding every interviews he has done.  :D:)) :D
As I don't understand Korean, it would be great if someone who understands Korean can translate his interviews and videos for us. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Nice to meet you all. :x :x :x

Guest riskafadilla

hi everyone... may i join you ?
I like Kang Dong Won too  :)

btw i'm desperately looking for engsub of his movie Camellia : Love for Sale, i've been searching everywhere but i couldn't find it... please tell me if you know where to find it
thanks before  :)

Guest AnJilaah

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! :)
Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/01/386_149092.html

Heartthrobs choose big screen for return

140102_p02_heartthrobs1(0).jpg140102_p02_heartthrobs2(0).jpg

By Kang Hyun-hye

If the younger generation of Korean heartthrob actors dominated on the small screen in 2013, the 30-something Korea heartthrob actors Hyun Bin and Kang Dong-won have chosen the big screen for their return to fans. Adding to this line-up is another heartthrob actor Jang Dong-kun, who will star in “Crying Man” that will begin filming this September.

Hyun, 31, who was discharged from the marines December 2012 has chosen the film “Yeogrin (King’s Wrath),” which will be directed by freshman director Lee Jae-gyu.
Kang, 32, who completed his military service in November 2012, will work on the film by director Yoon Dong-bin titled the “Archipelago: the Era of Riot.” Both of the two epic movies are expected to be released this summer.  

Hyun who soared to unprecedented popularity with the television drama “Secret Garden” before enlisting in the marines three years ago, will play King Jeongjo, the 22nd ruler of the Joseon Kingdom (1392-191). Hyun will portray the sorrowful king who strived to hold on to power amid the factional strife between the Noron and Soron factions. After this movie, he will start filming for the next movie tentatively titled “Not Proven.” 

Kang turns into an unbeatable military attaché in the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910). His new movie, “Archipelago: the Era of Riot” is a story about Joseon’s Robin Hood and authorities. Kang stars as Jo Yoon, the bastard son of a mega-millionaire lord. Nobody in Joseon can win over Jo Yoon despite his lowly status. 

The film will focus on the tensions and conflicts between the lord’s family trying to hold on to their wealth and power and the Robinhood-esque butcher, Dol Muchi performed by top actor Ha Jung-woo. Aside from “Archipelago”, Kang’s next movie is “Pit-a-Pat My Life” with Song Hye-kyo. The film that is based on the same-name novel by Kim Ae-ran will be released in the second half of the year.

Lange07@naver.com

Guest AnJilaah

OMO. KDW for Kundo? Saw it on DC. Im not sure if its final but tentative schedule for the film is July 24, 2013. His photo below just makes me more excited for this film. :)
EDIT: 
Photo Credits: as per tagged and Naver
POSTER

HJW Version for Kundo and other additional stills.
POSTER
STILLCUT
STILLCUT
STILLCUT