Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest livon123

Just short of 3 weeks until Dong Won oppa is back, can't wait. He shines on screen and so handsome, looking forward to magazine scans and CFS :D

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Lee Jae Hoon to Enlist Tomorrow – Kang Dong Won and Hyun Bin to Return This Year
Lee Jae Hoon to Enlist Tomorrow – Kang Dong Won and Hyun Bin to Return This Year

Lee Jae Hoon is leaving us for military service tomorrow, but don’t worry, because Hyun Bin and Kang Dong Won will make their comebacks later this year!

As reported before, actor Lee Jae Hoon is expected to start his Korean military service tomorrow, October 25. He will be stationed at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency and serve as a police officer for 21 months.

In this year alone, Lee Jae Hoon has been busy with movies “Architecture 101” and “Ghost Sweepers,” as well as the SBS drama “Fashion King.” He’s also currently working on two upcoming films, “Ethics of Anger” and “I Am Paparoti,” which means we’ll be able to see him through the big screen even after his enlistment.

Meanwhile, as we bid farewell to Lee Jae Hoon for 21 months, two prominent actors will wrap up their military services and comeback to the acting scene. Kang Dong Won, who’s largely remained quiet during his enlistment, is scheduled to come back on November 12. Hyun Bin, who left his fans at the peak of his career in 2010 after SBS “Secret Garden,” is slated for return on December 6. Hyun Bin, however, has been pretty active in the military and often made public appearances as part of the Army PR Team.

It’s reported that Hyun Bin and his agency has already been receiving calls from movie producers with potential roles. Kang Dong Won, as well, was one of the top TV models prior to joining the army, and is being approached by a number of different advertisers, according to local reports.

We hate to see Lee Jae Hoon leave the fans, but at the same time, we’re glad that he’s taking care of the military service early in his career. We hope to see him back healthy 21 months later!

Guest jjsweeter0211

[Exclusive] Kang Dong-won in "Islands" with Ha Jeong-woo

Source | 2012/11/05 | 

photo263032.jpg

Actor Kang Dong-won is coming back at last.

Kang Dong-won is finishing army service this month and is about to come back with a movie called "Islands" which cranks in next year. He's been getting love calls from various productions way before this and apparently he's sent a positive response to the movie "Islands". Official contracts haven't been signed yet but it seems like Kang Dong-won will be coming back sooner than we thought.

"Islands" is a new movie directed by Yoon Jong-bin who created "Nameless Gangsters". Every time director Yoon had a chance to speak to the public he mentioned "Islands" and said that he was going to have Kang Dong-won star in it.

Attention is also being paid to Ha Jeong-woo, the 'it' actor these days who is likely to star in "Islands" as well. Known as Yoon's persona, Ha Jeong-woo had agreed to be in the movie earlier. It appears that a synergy affect is to be created with the two outstanding actors.

"Islands" is based on the Chosun times when thieves were widely active. Kang Dong-won is going to be the bad guy and Chugmuro can't wait to see how he will make a come back as, as it is his first movie in three years.

photo263031.jpg

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l... ( English )

Read more at http://www.hancinema.net/exclusive-kang-dong-won-in-islands-with-ha-jeong-woo-49386.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#WTBuq1IAFJDIkMvS.99 

^I'm so glad for hearing abt this gooood news and I want to see him and Ha Jeong woo so bad...but I read another news said that he has not confirmed yet....

Kang Dong-won Cautious About 'Archipelago' - "One Of The Movies That I Have Been Requested"

강동원측

Actor Kang Dong-won has denied the rumors of his confirmation of the role in ‘Archipelago’ after his discharge, commenting that “it is one of the movies that was requested”.

A representative of Kang Dong-won has revealed that “‘Archipelago’ is one of the scenarios that we have received a request to”, denying his involvement in the movie. ‘Archipelago’ is the latest movie from the director Yoon Jong-bin, of ‘Nameless Gangster’. A movie about the band of bandits in Joseon era, the movie has received a spotlight after Ha Jung-woo’s appearance was finalized.

A representative from the movie has commented that “we are waiting for the scenario, after receiving the proposal” and “we will be cautious with our choice, since the movie marks Kang Dong-won’s return to the industry”.

Kang Dong-won, who will be discharged on this month, is one of the most-sought actor in the Chungmuro. With a string of hits right up to his enlistment, with his past movies ‘Jeon Woo Chi’, ‘Secret Reunion’, and ‘Haunters’ all receiving considerable acclaim and popularity, Kang Dong-won himself is reputed to be full of energy, eager to start on a project right after his discharge.

http://koreandrama.com/kang-dong-won-cautious-about-archipelago-one-of-the-movies-that-i-have-been-requested/

thanks @jjsweeter0211

yay! though his official discharge from the MS is on the 12th, right now he’s already on vacation..
Take all the rest you need DW!

While waiting for his appearances or announcement for his next project, I like to share a fan video… KDW singing 눈의 꽃 (Snow Flower), ost for  I'm Sorry I Love .

http://youtu.be/ZTpWI9Z7GCE

Guest jjsweeter0211

Can't wait for his comeback ~~~

Kang Dong-won returns from army, eyes comeback project

by girlfriday | November 7, 2012 |

KangDongWon1.jpg

And another one returns! Kang Dong-won (Psychic, Jeon Woo-chi) has completed his mandatory military service and is reportedly already back to civilian life. He made his exit from army duty as quietly as he went in, choosing to avoid the press and usual fanfare. There’s already talk about his comeback project, though it’s still in the “considering” stage: he’s in talks to star in the action historical film Band of Thievesslated for next year, opposite Ha Jung-woo.

The movie is the next project from director Yoon Jong-bin, of Nameless Gangster, Beastie Boys, and The Unforgiven — all starring Ha Jung-woo, by the way. They must be besties, or he just really really likes Ha Jung-woo (not that I blame him of course). Nameless Gangster, also called War With Criminals: The Golden Age of Bad Guys was a box office hit earlier this year, though with the sheer number of commercially successful movies in 2012, it’s now just one of the many. But he’s a young director with buzz, enough to garner excitement over this new project that literally has a one-line description.

Band of Thieves is an action sageuk set in the Joseon era, and in keeping with Yoon’s gangster repertoire, it’ll be about a group of bandits. Same dudes, different costumes? Ha Jung-woo has already signed on to star as the hero, and Kang Dong-won is being wooed to play the villain. Though in a story about thieves, I’m not sure which is the good guy or the bad guy, or if they’re all thieves and just antagonistic about it.

Kang Dong-won’s reps are being careful not to attach him to anything too hastily; he’s one of the industry’s most bankable stars and there’s always a whole host of expectations surrounding The Comeback, so we’ll have to see how things shake out. But I’d love to see him return to the big screen in a badass sageuk.

The movie plans to start shooting first thing in the new year.

HaJungWoo7.jpg

Via Sports Hankook

Guest septmoon16

happy to see how Kang Dong Won handled both his enlistment and return. so low key and classy.

can't wait to see his soulful eyes back on screen! :x

tumblr_md509hByQE1qftwfbo2_1280.png

credit: ravensnest

the man is back!cannot explain my feeling. maybe feel like crying?i became his fan after his enlistment, so now i can monitor him in real time, i overjoy!
all the best kang dong won! i hope the industry won't frustrate you.
p/s: he is the man who had completed his duty to serve the country. i believe he did it well. very proud of him.
i still have M, physique, duelist to watch. i can't find decent copy on 1% of anything i think i will skip that.

Guest cornetto1430272735

Yay! Oooh, another role as a villain/ antagonist.. Interesting hehe! 

I'm so excited! Hope to be seeing more media coverage of him :D Can't stop smiling! 

Would love to find out all the movies who's trying to cast him mwaahhaah~

Guest cornetto1430272735

Found another collage of his past photos hehe! 
50715837_2.jpg
Source: http://dkbnews.donga.com/3/all/20121108/50715846/3