Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest AlecRuby

When will Dong Won Oppa come back to make some series? I really love watching him in his series, he is so good. I can't wait to watch the Duelist with Ha Ji Won. I think they match.

Guest dada_princess

Oceanluv, I'm sorry about that. Just go to my blog to download. i reupload it already.

Kitakawaii, KDW's now a movie actor. It does make sense if KDw and KTH play in a movie together. An honor film would be more interesting... ^^

Guest dada_princess

Syille, i'm voting for Dongwonnie too. It's a pity that there are so just few questions on him...-_-

Guest babiesburn

yeah, this pic reminds me of dw...

200606041149392177712897001rx.jpg

dw.jpg

Yeah, so I'm not crazy!

Well whatever. These two are ridiculously good-looking. Korean male stars don't usually do much for me, but these two sure as heck do. Probably because they transcend the waify, pale-skinned, delicate-featured ideal that used to be so popular.

Guest syille

^

yeap...in that caps...they are resemble...

oceanluv if you have succeed downloaded dadaprincess' file..please forwarded 4 us ok?

:)

vote for him everyday ok? 'cos i do too.... pleaseee...............

fighting...!!! wish so badly that he can win in that poll.....

thanks all......

Guest syille

^

hiks..toobad....my inet couldn't open megaupload also....

but let me remember it...

the file about kdw playing football in his room....????

hmmm.......if i'm not mistaken, he has more than 1 football in his room right?

if it's right...maybe i've seen it already....

it's old clip, maybe it's taken after awa...was it?

ohtpromo8.jpg

Guest dada_princess

That is the talk show (on 2003-12-22) about the drama A funny wild girl. Bae Doo Na, Shin Sung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Kim Yu Mi are the guests in that show.

You're right, Syille, there are exactly 2 balls in his room and he played with the small one.

It's good that you got it already, i just want to share with newbies here. But... :unsure:

I can't upload neither on sendspace nor yousendit. I'll try it again. :)

Guest thunderbolt

^thundie, it's your favourite movie? I concur that this movie was indeed a beautifully made movie. The blend of art, music and action was just splendid, that yeah..it took me quite some time to get over it. What intrigued me more about the movie was that it effectively portrayed the sad love between Nam Soon and Sad Eyes despite their not so many scenes together.

You can check out a review I wrote about Duelist after I finished watching it THE VERY FIRST TIME.. It's about 1.5 years ago.. hehe^_^

Hi ripgal

Thanks so much for reposting your review. I loved reading it and agree with what you wrote. I've watched Duelist 8-9 times and every single time I feel like I'm transported to a magical place. I just love the movie to bits! The Duelist OST is also my all-time favorite K-OST.

I've finished Magic and I love Dongwonnie in it. :wub:

Of the 4 movies and 2 dramas that I've watched of him so far, I feel his Magic role was one of the most demanding. He has to portray someone who is cold, indifferent, heartless, deceitful and unforgiving. At the same time, he is so gentle and tender towards the magician whom he adored and revered, and towards Dan-young whom he loved so much.

It's sad that there's no thread here for Magic because it is a pretty good drama. It held my interest and made me think of many things, for example, is blood really thicker than water, and can love forgive the most dastardly deception and sin. The script allowed the characters to grow; the transformation in the second lead actress is especially amazing. As the drama progressed, I was stunned by the physical change in Dongwon too. As everything began to fall apart around him, you can see him becoming so wan and haggard. I thought he expressed his emotions very well and there were many scenes that made me cry. In fact, till now I'm still thinking of the drama, of the way it ended, and generally just of DW's character, Cha Kang-jae. Magic actually reminded me of another of my favorites, MiSa (I'm Sorry I Love You) because both male leads are such sad and desperate characters.

Here are some screencaps that I took of some of my favorite scenes:

Cha Kang-jae:

magic10.jpg

magic11.jpg

magic12.jpg

magic19.jpg

magic17.jpg

magic18.jpg

credit: thunderbolt, jisubaddicts.com

And these are from the official site:

With the two people he loved the most in this world:

magic2.jpg

magic3.jpg

magic4.jpg

magic6.jpg

credit: SBS

Guest syille

^

i always love him in magic...hiks....

thanks thunderbolt.....

dadaprincess thanks 4 the correction.........yeah right, it's after FWG....sorry...

ohtpromo3.jpg

Guest Alohamsk

thunderbolt, thanks for pics!!!!

i love Magic very much ... i'm very upset, that there isn't a Magic thread too ... and i think, it's a best role of Kang Dong Won-sshi ...

Guest dada_princess

It's been long time since i last saw those photos, awesome really... It's good that someone starts a thread for Magic, not many Soompy-ers know about this drama. Then thankx thunderbolt ;)

New DVD version of Magic's also available onsenasian and yesasia, hurry to pick it up ^_^

Guest kamin

Hi Syille, Oceanluv, da da princess and subduing mara ^o^

I naver been here for long time .... still busy with thing but missing all of you here >__<

So, I found some article but it's quite old (from last year) but still want to share with you lah~

Stylist to the stars helps clients make their fashion picks

19-06-2006

For men -- or at least for men of average size and physique who don't exercise three hours a day -- wearing tight clothing is seen as only slightly less humiliating than wearing no clothing at all. Bad news for them: The "slim look" in men's fashion is tearing its way across the country.

Though the style is being popularized by a legion of male entertainers in Korea who have donned the "slim" look, the decision-maker in their choice of clothing is often a woman, fashion stylist Nam Ju-hee.

Ms. Nam, 28, originally went to college to study graphic design. She was suspended after she started skipping classes to work in the real world of men's fashion, however, and in the eight years since, she has worked as a stylist.

Word spread about her work when the model and actor Kang Dong-won became an instant hit with his slim look.

"To tell you the truth, Kang Dong-won is a fan of the slim look", she said. "Years before Dior Homme [a male version of Christian Dior] was launched in Korea, he went all the way to Japan to shop for clothes in the style".

But as a stylist in the world of entertainment, you can't imitate other people's fashion but have to be able to set trends on your own.

"Often times, entertainers are blocked from the outside world", Ms. Nam says. "They don't tend to consider the response of others. Instead they want to dress in the brands or style of clothes they prefer. You have to be able to convince them [to try a new look]".

So how did she come to promote the "slim look?" The answer, simply by following a global fashion trend.

"I get inspiration from fashion magazines", she said. "There was a point when the slim style was in. It fit my vision, because a lot of the entertainers I was styling for had the body type of being thin with long arms".

Actors such as Lee Dong-wook and Lee Min-ki are good examples. Both are skinny and have longer arms than is ordinary for males, she explained, so if they wear ordinary clothing, they look as if they are playing dress-up in their father's clothes.

Slim-fit clothing was a way to make them appear more natural, Ms. Nam said.

Nowadays, Ms. Nam is the stylist for up to 10 Korean entertainers, including two members of the boy-band SG Wannabe, Seo Ji-won and Kim Ju-hyeok. Coincidentally, most are male. Perhaps because of that, the most memorable experience she has had so far as a stylist was working for Han Eun-jeong, a female actress who starred in the hit soap opera "Full House" wearing a "sexy underwear look".

"She looks bold, but is a very conservative lady", Ms. Nam said. "She doesn't like to expose her skin. But we needed some way to make her stand out if she had to compete with Song Hye-kyo [the "cutesy" female lead in the drama]. Our choice was to show off Ms. Han's perfect bodyline".

In the drama, Ms. Han appeared in a short top, revealing a lacy bra and exposing her waist. The look turned heads across the country.

But when it comes to changing images, there is no better example of Ms. Nam's talents than SG Wannabe. She changed their dress code to formal wear, and swish black suits have now become the group's trademark.

Ms. Nam's career, however, has been far from smooth. Pictures of entertainers dressed by her appearing at major festivals and award ceremonies have featured in the "worst dressed" categories of fashion magazines. She says she expects things to get even bumpier.

In July, the Grand Bell Prize, one of the biggest film events in Korea, will be held at COEX, southern Seoul. Hundreds of Korean photographers swarm to the event to shoot entertainers walking on the red carpet -- some of whom will be Ms. Nam's entertainers.

"Once the rumor spreads that an entertainer is a bad dresser, people immediately blame it on their stylist", she said.

by Jo Do-yeon

Source : http://joongangdaily.joins.com/

So...here is new collection of Dior Homme for this year...

1173688931_19797.jpg

1173688931_29797.jpg

1173688931_39797.jpg

look at Dongwon with Dior Homme

.jpg

Oops....one thing our Thai fan web is now avilable, hope you visit us sometime la

here is the link >> http://www.kangdongwon-thailand.com

Guest subduing mara

Welcome back kamin, you are so deligent to keep us updated even you are so busy.. I salute you.. :w00t:

OHT will be on screen in JP this soon. Waiting for news/ update from you la...Just a short greeting you guys, I gotta run now...