Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest AlecRuby

OH MY GOSH, OPPA IS DOING SO WELL! WELL OBVIOUSLY IT ISN'T A SURPRISE, OPPA SOMEWHAT NOW DOMINATES THE MOVIE INDUSTRY IN SOUTH KOREA. HIS MOVIES ARE ALWAYS SO GOOD, CATCHY AND TEMPTING. ALL HIS CHARACTERS ARE CHALLENGING, OPPA IS SO GOOD. I AM SO PROUD TO BE YOUR FAN. OPPA AJA AJA!!

Hi jina_bing_bang!! nice to see you here..hello bluecarrot, doughnut, alecruby & uruchai :w00t:

YEAH!!! Voice of a Murderer ranked No.1 in the box office with more than 1.4 million tickets

Great job!!!

boxoffice020607ji4.jpg

source: http://www.film2.co.kr

bomw0.jpg

Director Park Jin-pyo's "Voice of Murderer", based on a real kidnapping that took place in 1991, sold 1.46 million tickets in its opening weekend since its release on Thursday, pulling off a better-than-expected performance despite public uneasiness about the sensitive topic.

The box-office figure was even better than "Tazza: The High Rollers" ("The War Of Flower"), a gambling drama that attracted 1.16 million viewers in its opening week last year. "Voice of Murderer" secured some 450 screens across the nation initially, and thanks to the positive results, the film added about 50 theaters this week.

The film draws strength from big-time stars such as Seol Kyeong-gu ("Silmido", "Peppermint Candy") and Kang Dong-won ("Duelist", "Too Beautiful To Lie"), while benefiting partly from the dearth of new blockbusters.

A group of moviegoers, moved by the realistic description of the victimized parents' agony, are posting online messages at major portals claiming that the statute of limitations should not be applied to kidnappers considering the dehumanizing aspect of the crime.

Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr

I have not posted here in such a long time, but congrats to oppa! His movie did so well in its opening week.

Thanks Camy for taking time to bring this wonderful news..hope to hear more from you=)

and Oceanluv for the confirmation :)

I've been waiting for this...

been checking to soompi news thread every now and then..

how "HIS VOICE" fares at box office...

instead...heard some negative feedback :(

but now **giggles**...seems like i wanna jump for joy and :lol::lol:

better-than-expected-performance indeed.. :w00t:

CONGRATULATIONS TO KANG DONG WON and the casts of HIS VOICE.

hi..hi..everyone.... jina_bing_bang, bluecarrot, doughnut, alecruby, rory0711,camy & uruchai

thanks 4 the update friends....

happy to hear that VOM goes well...

great job kdw....

hopely it will still going up 4 next week...

jina_bing_bang....

i think your sister maybe like me, i don't know anything about korean entertainment (and not interested at all)... until oneday i know someone named Kang Dong Won...and now..thank's to him, i do know many thing about korean entertainment...hehe....

and (tried very hard) to put myshelf into this forum.

doughnut........

yeah...so damm goodlooking with long haircut....

and about the similar voice of the real murderer and kdw...hmm....so freaky...

KAMIN....

OMG...i always forgot to telling this...........you know.....since you gave us the juliet song (the basic house jingle)..till now...i hearing that song everyday... everyday...i made it as my ring tone also.

wondering who's the singer...?? hehe.....

thanks alot Kamin...you rock girl....

fyi...

i heard from arirang last week, that in korea there was many people talking about a cartoon caracter is similar (looks like) with KDW...hehe....yup..i agree that KDW body profile is like some of the caracter that i know from comic books. tall and slimy...

:)

"Voice of a Murderer" A Success

07-02-08

The big box office news this week is the overwhelming success of Park Jin-pyo's docudrama "Voice of a Murderer." We reported back in December that Darcy Paquet over at Koreanfilm.org predicted that the film would be one of the year's sure-fire hits, selling nearly as many tickets as "War of Flowers," the biggest draw since the monster movie "The Host" (although ""200 Pound Beauty is fast catching up). Then there was a less than warm review in The Korea Times online which foretold a poor box office showing for the director's follow-up to the immensely popular "You Are My Sunshine," which holds the title of most successful melodrama. The critic compared the new movie to a television docudrama, saying the story, familiar to most Koreans because of heavy media exposure at the time of the incident depicted in the film, lacked "cinematic interpretation." "Voice" recorded a respectable 1.46 million admissions from Thursday to Sunday, taking in US $10.1 million. The drama, based on an actual kidnapping that took place over 15 years ago, opened on 397 screens but rapidly expanded to 508 screens by Sunday. The film, distributed by CJ Entertainment, bodes well for start-up production company Zip Cinema, headed by producer Eugene Lee ("Untold Scandal").

[source: Darcy Paquet for Variety]

credit: twitchfilm.com

Guest dada_princess

` That fellow voice of Kang dong won `, with the criminal it resembled actually

I'm really curious 'bout that whether the real kidnapper has watched this movie. I guess he should examine KDW's voice and his one resemple each other or not and keep staying under shadow from police. As from the article( thank you oceanluv though it's a bit confusing), voice of Kdw is almost 90% identical to the criminal's. Then who make sure the justice won't ask for KDW's corporation in an attempt to catch the abductor. Voice of murderer will be a new blockbuster this year without aany doubt. I heard that this is the most awaited motion picture in the country in early 2007 despite some critical judgement that it aims to commercial benefits when director Park Jin Pyo selected Kim Nam Joo as the mother. True, it's now ranked top of the most attendded movies these days.

At the moment i feel worried about KDW to be threaten by "that fellow". Since the 9-year old boy was murdered by the Han River 16 years ago, no one can make sure this wonn't happen again to someone of this movie staff.

From Duelist to Maundy Thursday, there were lots of promotional events with KDw in presence, but this doesn't apply to Voice of Murderer. I guess he's too busy with M and the case against the japanese travel agency. Lately Japanese media perhaps show less respect on the rights and privacy of K-stars and now following by tourism (Kwon Sang Woo for expl.) My close friend studying in Tokyo says they sell sex photo collection of K-J-C artists ( photoshop products of course) on public places as much as Manga and cell phones on the street. i hope Oppa is not one of their victims. He will win the case, i believe.

Sales or release dates & Box Office: Voice of murderer

Release date in South Korea : 2007/02/01

Voice of murderer video:

( i can't download this with flashget, just watch them on window media only, if someone have pls upload on yousendit or megaupoad, thank you^^_^^)( delete http:// on the address box before watching)

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/trailer/2007/01/his_voice_main_tr_700k.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/trailer/2006/12/his_voice_tr_700k.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2007/01/his_voicep_mf2_700kv.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2007/01/his_voicep_mf1_700k.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2007/01/his_voicep_pmf_700k.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2007/01/hisvoice_opening_700k.wmv

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2007/01/his_voicep_mf_700k.wmv

Update admissions:( Feb 4th 2007)

South Korea Box Office : 1,322,897 admissions ( 2007.02.04 )

Synopsis

One day, the only son of famous news anchor, HAN Kyung-bae, disappeared without a trace. Soon, the kidnapper calls the nine-year-old boy’s mother, OH Jisun, demanding $100,000 as ransom. The police assign veteran detective KIM Wook-jung to the case and assemble a top-notch task force under his command. However, the kidnapper constantly outwits the police traps and keeps calling the parents with yet another instruction for the money drop. The only clue the police and the parents have is the kidnapper’s voice recorded on the tape; his cultured, but emotionless voice, which often gives anyone who listens goose bumps. The parents become restless and angry as days turns into weeks, and one day, when the kidnapper calls HAN Kyung-bae with another set of instructions, he turns the situation completely around and demands a direct confrontation. He starts giving instructions to the kidnapper, and…

Source http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr

[Korean Film News]

Critic Predicts "Voice of a Murderer" Will Flop

(Posted In Asia Box Office Drama Film News on Feb 1st 2007)

A film critic predicts that the docudrama "Voice of a Murderer," which opened today in theatres, will do poorly at the box office. One of the most highly anticipated films of the year, Park Jin-pyo's (You Are My Sunshine) latest work, about a kidnapper who abducts the child of a successful news anchor (Seol Kyeong-gu) and his wife (Kim Nam-joo), is based on actual events that took place sixteen years ago. The kidnapper demands a ransom of 100 million won, which is, well, a lot of dough. When the police intervene, things go from bad to worse and over the course of 44 days, the parents receive threatening phone calls demanding still more money. When the child is found dead on the banks of the Han River, it is revealed that the nine-year-old boy was murdered just two days after the kidnapping. The killer remains at large. At the time of the ordeal, the event received a good deal of media exposure, with the result that a great many Koreans are already familiar with the outcome of the story. According to Kim Tae-jong, staff reporter for The Korea Times, the film lacks "cinematic interpretation", explaining that "It remains too faithful to the horrific crime, coming across more like a long reconstructed television crime docudrama." Director Park's previous film, "You Are My Sunshine" (starring the radiant Jeon Do-yeon), was the most successful melodrama in history.

[source: Han Cinema]

Guest dada_princess

At first glance i took Lee yeon hee after Ha Ji Won, the eyeglasses seem fit to him simultaneously

[DVD Review] This film's irony ends with the title

(source)

2007/02/07 Digg del.icio.us

Song Hae-seong's "Our Happy Time" is full of dialogue that sound like quotes from the British dramatist Oscar Wilde, although they seem to work better when they are used out of context. They are the kind of words that instantly grab your attention and you later find them on random blog sites when surfing the Internet. They are phrases like: "A thorn is as small as a piece of a dust but it can be...

Song Hae-seong's "Our Happy Time" is full of dialogue that sound like quotes from the British dramatist Oscar Wilde, although they seem to work better when they are used out of context. They are the kind of words that instantly grab your attention and you later find them on random blog sites when surfing the Internet.

They are phrases like: "A thorn is as small as a piece of a dust but it can be more painful than the universe when the wound is yours" and "My life was like living in hell, but now I want to live" and "I can take my secrets to the grave because I am a condemned criminal".

They make great quotes, but, as with Oscar Wilde's plays, they can disrupt the flow of a story.

"Our Happy Time" is an epigrammatic story and when it is not using striking quotes it pulls in just about every dramatic element that's necessary to create a stimulating film. First it starts with a murder, than a man stricken with poverty, a suicidal woman, an abusive mother, a rape, love, repentance, an execution and so on.

The story, which is based on a best-selling novel, deals with two people who see themselves in each other even though they are different on the outside.

He's a convicted murderer; she's a rape victim. He is poor. She's rich. But beyond their facades they are both facing a life in hell, trapped in their own guilt.

He is guilty of killing four people; she feels guilty that she was raped.

They are also facing death in their own ways. He is a facing the death penalty. She is so suicidal that she gulps down a whole bottle of sleeping pills in a car while she listens to the morning news.

Indeed Yu-jung (played by Lee Na-young) opens her heart to Yun-su (Kang Dong-won) for the first time when he shouts at her aunt, Sister Monica, at a prison meeting room, saying "Let me just die".

The film is dramatic throughout, yet it is not overdone.

Indeed Song, the director of "Failan" and "Rikidozan", seems to possess an exceptional gift for depicting cliched subject matter without making it seem dull. His use of straightforward dialogue also seems to work as well.

For example, when Yu-jung tells Yun-su for the first time about her rape by a cousin, she says, "I, Mun Yu-jung, was raped by a cousin at the age of fifteen. He had a wife and children. I was raped by my cousin. Bastard".

On the other hand, the film is a classic drama that seems wedded to Catholic values: it tells the story of a sinner who comes to find repentance and deliverance through love.

The film's plot has even impressed government officials. The prison scenes of the film have been supported by the state and they assisted the director when he needed to film inside a prison. (The film's two lead actors became ambassadors for the rehabilitation programs at the prison where the film was shot.)

Yet unfortunately the film ends having only made slight mention of the subject of sin and salvation — it doesn't really deal with it in depth, although it deserves some credit for telling a fine story of two people who find a "miracle" through healing each other's wounds.

Our Happy Time

Directed by Song Hae-seong

Starring Lee Na-young, Kang Dong-won

Running Time: 120 minutes

Subtitles: English

Genre: Drama

By Park Soo-mee Staff Writer

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/jump.php?id=8623

whoah..finally we can see "M" behind the scene...

his hair is a little curly huh..?

is any body know what the story about?

hopely VOM will still raising...

jina bing bang : about under rated..hmm...you not the only one who said that...

:)

it's up to us to make it under rated or not..right?

whoah..finally we can see "M" behind the scene...

his hair is a little curly huh..?

is any body know what the story about?

hopely VOM will still raising...

can't see his hair clearly but it looks like just a bit longer than the one in OHT

here is the synopsis abt M

minwooyr2.png

This feels like a deja vu because I think I've said this before.. oppa is not underrated at all.

I mean, maybe on soompi, but he's quite popular in Korea. Those popularity awards he won these past years proves otherwise, no?

Guest AlecRuby

Ummmm Oppa's new movie looks pretty dang good too. I can't wait to see how he fits with Lee Noona.

I REALLY WANT OPPA TO COME BACK AND MAKE A SERIE. I HAVEN'T WATCHED A LONG SERIE WITH HIM AND A LONG TIME. AND I JUST REALLY WANT TO SEE HIM. A MOVIE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. OPPA COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

the storyline for M is interesting.

I just have to say I'm excited for this film just cause I like Gong HyoJin as an actress; plus the fact I've recently developed a liking to Lee Yeon Hee as an actress as well.

on some other note... I would love to see ALL KDW's films/drama but I just couldn't bring myself to watch OHT. I know that movie will affect me so much that I will be thinking about it. in short, I'm not into tragic films. I still feel like crying whenever I think of KDW's character from Wolf's Temptation. gahhh, I'm missing a lot by not watching OHT! :(