Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest subduing mara

NEWS

07-09-22

trans by nicemao

[PIFF] M advanced tickets sold out in a minute through the Internet.

--------------------

The new movie <M> which is acted by Kang dongwon draws a lot of attention, audiences believe that DW will bring them a great surprise in this mystery movie.

59482420bq3.jpg

Good sign!!, The tkts sold out that means M will rise up to the top of Box Office since the very first week!! WOW... and of course, I am also expecting to see some positively surprises in this movie!!

Well, oceanluv , thx fr the Esquire things ... DW looks so naturally, it seems to me that these pics were snap shots took by paparazzi...hahaha....

Good sign!!, The tkts sold out that means M will rise up to the top of Box Office since the very first week!! WOW... and of course, I am also expecting to see some positively surprises in this movie!!

I really hope so...expecting his great acting in this movie...but didn't expect much about the number of admission tickets...'coz I think not many people like Lee Myung se's movie style...

Well, oceanluv , thx fr the Esquire things ... DW looks so naturally, it seems to me that these pics were snap shots took by paparazzi...hahaha....

I think so, and definitely hot every shots... :lol:

NEWS

07-09-22

강동원 "군입대, 2009년 중순쯤"

20070922115300185331255vn7.jpg

[이희진 기자 / 조선닷컴 ET팀] 영화 'M'(감독 이명세, 제작 )의 주인공 강동원이 군입대에 관한 생각을 밝혔다.

영화주간지 무비위크는 추석합본호에 강동원과의 인터뷰를 실었다. 강동원은 인터뷰에서 "본인이 '하겠다' 그러면 '하세요' 하는 급?"이냐는 물음에 "그건 군대 갔다 와서 몇 년은 지나야 가능할 것 같다"며 군입대 문제에 대해 언급했다.

그는 "군대는 내후년 중순쯤에 가려고 한다"며 "군대 가기 전에 딱 두 작품 더 하고 가는 게 목표다"고 말했다.

이에 강동원의 소속사 더맨 매니지먼트 관계자는 조선닷컴과 전화통화에서 "강동원씨가 그렇게 말했다면 그 말이 맞을 것"이라며 "하지만 아직 정확히 결정된 것은 없다. 군입대 전 두개 이상의 작품을 할 수도 있는 부분이다"고 회사 측의 입장을 전했다.

강동원은 이명세 감독과 'M'에서 '형사-Duelist'에 이어 두 번째 호흡을 맞췄다. 'M'은 천재 베스트셀러 작가가 11년 만에 첫사랑을 우연히 만나게 되면서 혼란을 겪는 내용을 그린 미스터리 멜로. 제12회 부산국제영화제에서 첫 공개된 후 10월 26일 개봉한다.

< scblog.chosun.com/jin282>

Dada_princess, pls trans this, I knew only DW will go to the army in 2009 :tears:

Guest dada_princess

NEWS

07-09-22

강동원 "군입대, 2009년 중순쯤"

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7453/20...85331255vn7.jpg

Dada_princess, pls trans this, I knew only DW will go to the army in 2009 :tears:

Long time no see my friends! Are you all doing ok?

I'm really busy these days and i just finish this trans few mins ago. i cant sleep tonight. I feel rather sad to hear of this news but this is a mandatory service that male Koreans must to perform. Anyone of us wont never long for that day :( Yet, he will do good job, i believe. Our Dong Won will absolutely join the army in the near future and i hope to see him the more often the better before his decision's settled. :) How about you?

Here is translation, pls enjoy:

강동원 "군입대, 2009년 중순쯤"

Gang Dong Won's "Army enlistment around the mid 2009"

[이희진 기자 / 조선닷컴 ET팀]

[journalist Lee Hee Jin/ Choson.com ET team)

영화 'M'(감독 이명세, 제작 )의 주인공 강동원이 군입대에 관한 생각을 밝혔다.

Lead actor of movie 'M' ( directed by Lee Myung Se) revealed his thought with regard to the army enlistment.

영 화주간지 무비위크는 추석합본호에 강동원과의 인터뷰를 실었다. 강동원은 인터뷰에서 "본인이 '하겠다' 그러면 '하세요' 하는 급?"이냐는 물음에 "그건 군대 갔다 와서 몇 년은 지나야 가능할 것 같다"며 군입대 문제에 대해 언급했다.

In the moon day (15th of August by the Lunar calendar) edition of weekly movie magazine 'Movie world', it loaded an interview with Gang Dong Won. During the interview, GDW made comment referring to the issue of military enlistment that " 'i will do it', if so, which level of 'please do it' (me^^: = whether you are in high spirits for the military service?)?", responding to this question "It will possibly take me several years to enlist in the army and return".

그는 "군대는 내후년 중순쯤에 가려고 한다"며 "군대 가기 전에 딱 두 작품 더 하고 가는 게 목표다"고 말했다.

He said "i plan to enlist in the army around three years from now" and "before joining, firmly, i aim to work on two more pieces of work".

이 에 강동원의 소속사 더맨 매니지먼트 관계자는 조선닷컴과 전화통화에서 "강동원씨가 그렇게 말했다면 그 말이 맞을 것"이라며 "하지만 아직 정확히 결정된 것은 없다. 군입대 전 두개 이상의 작품을 할 수도 있는 부분이다"고 회사 측의 입장을 전했다.

About this, while his manager from Gang Dong Won's agency The Men Management on the telephone call with Chosun.com said that "if Gang Dong Won said so, that word must be correct", the company's side conveyed that "However he has not decided yet exactly. Before the enlistment, there can be two more pieces of work".

강동원은 이명세 감독과 'M'에서 '형사-Duelist'에 이어 두 번째 호흡을 맞췄다. 'M'은 천재 베스트셀러 작가가 11년 만에 첫사랑을 우연히 만나게 되면서 혼란을 겪는 내용을 그린 미스터리 멜로. 제12회 부산국제영화제에서 첫 공개된 후 10월 26일 개봉한다.

Gang Dong Won and director Lee Myung Se collaborate the 2nd time at 'M' following to '형사-Duelist'. 'M' depicts a talented best seller author who accidentally meets his first love after 11 years. The movie will be first opened to public (domestic) at the 12th Pusan International Film Festival-PIFF before the premiere on Oct 26. (me^^ : [M] premiered this month at the Toronto International Film Festival)

< scblog.chosun.com/jin282>

http://my.opera.com/dadani/blog/gang-dong-...around-mid-2009

Goodness.. can anybody be more gorgeous that this guy?

Thank you so much for sharing the pics guys.. I'm also very excited about M. I hope it receives great reviews.. cos I have faith in KDW..his movies have never failed to disappoint.

Long time no see my friends! Are you all doing ok?

I'm really busy these days and i just finish this trans few mins ago. i cant sleep tonight. I feel rather sad to hear of this news but this is a mandatory service that male Koreans must to perform. Anyone of us wont never long for that day :( Yet, he will do good job, i believe. Our Dong Won will absolutely join the army in the near future and i hope to see him the more often the better before his decision's settled. :) How about you?

Here is translation, pls enjoy:

Well Dadaprincess I think the South Korean govt will be implementing new changes in 2009 as it relates to military service. I believe there will be options one can do community service or serve in the military correct me if I am wrong. Also I think there probably will be a variety of postions for KDW to serve in the military. He doesnt necessarily have to be on the front line. I definitely believe if youre not the person for that front line situation then you shouldnt do it. In addition if I am not mistaken the government will scale back on the years of sevice from 24 mths to 18mths. If someone can confirm what i just wrote that would be cool. I dont want to give out misleading information but I do know that there will be some changes in the military soon.

Guest Airine Pratama

O my o my ... The new pics from Esquire Magz ... Finally T.T I miss Kang Dong Won modelling so much ... He's the one and only model who can makes me go crazy just by seeing pics ... He make the best pose ... I'm lovin his pics and style there ... Thanx Looprevil ^^ ... Oh and so cool reading news about the sold out tickets of M ^^ ...

sure!! I exactly remember! ;) his character sometimes reminds me kind of 'OTAKU' (person with obsessive interest)and sometimes looks like a psycho author as subduing_mara said...hehesuch a different role! I'm also excited to see this...
arigato gozaimasu........... :lol:
Long time no see my friends! Are you all doing ok?I'm really busy these days and i just finish this trans few mins ago. i cant sleep tonight. I feel rather sad to hear of this news but this is a mandatory service that male Koreans must to perform. Anyone of us wont never long for that day :( Yet, he will do good job, i believe. Our Dong Won will absolutely join the army in the near future and i hope to see him the more often the better before his decision's settled. :) How about you? Here is translation, pls enjoy:
hi..dadani... :) thanks 4 the transilation....so it's 2009????2 more jobs....umm.....totally 1 jobs in a year... so little.... :) actually i'm glad he'll joint the army......meaning he's in perfect healthy condition... plus...in Korea..man who joint the army obligation is more honorable than none......even...ofcourse i'm very down..if this really happend......:( (hardly don't know how to say this....)

Guest bratzjoyce

if kdw will be in the military service few years from now. it would be so sad.... hope korean govt. will change their law on military service....lee yun hee is so lucky girl bec. he was able to do a movie with hyun bin and the versatile kdw....i'm so excited to watch m.he is such a talented actor.....

Guest dada_princess

Well Dadaprincess I think the South Korean govt will be implementing new changes in 2009 as it relates to military service. I believe there will be options one can do community service or serve in the military correct me if I am wrong. Also I think there probably will be a variety of postions for KDW to serve in the military. He doesnt necessarily have to be on the front line. I definitely believe if youre not the person for that front line situation then you shouldnt do it. In addition if I am not mistaken the government will scale back on the years of sevice from 24 mths to 18mths. If someone can confirm what i just wrote that would be cool. I dont want to give out misleading information but I do know that there will be some changes in the military soon.

"In Korea, ordinary men must perform the mandatory military service for two years (the period is decreasing for a long time) and women have no duty.

For many decades, people who performed mandatory military service can get some additional scores when he or she applies to public officer exam. At that time, public officer is unpopular job, so there was no problem. Recently, young people perfer public officer as their job because of its stability (public officer never can be dismissed because of the bureaucracy) so some young women petition The Constitutional Court to remove this score. Hence the advactage was vanished.

However, many men object this decision so this debates become big issue to many men and women. There are many debates on internet bulletin boards and the conflict becomes opposition between men and women including insulting each other.

Most of Korea men hate the mandatory military service and many son of the rich try to avoid this duty via illegal method." (written by my friend Chu Yu Ho).

Overall, Well I think Korean men can't avoid the obligatory military service. Despite a long peaceful period, there is still a danger of war against North Korea. And performing in the army does demonstrate their patriotism towards the country. I believe, our Dong Won will do it that way.

"In Korea, ordinary men must perform the mandatory military service for two years (the period is decreasing for a long time) and women have no duty.

For many decades, people who performed mandatory military service can get some additional scores when he or she applies to public officer exam. At that time, public officer is unpopular job, so there was no problem. Recently, young people perfer public officer as their job because of its stability (public officer never can be dismissed because of the bureaucracy) so some young women petition The Constitutional Court to remove this score. Hence the advactage was vanished.

However, many men object this decision so this debates become big issue to many men and women. There are many debates on internet bulletin boards and the conflict becomes opposition between men and women including insulting each other.

Most of Korea men hate the mandatory military service and many son of the rich try to avoid this duty via illegal method." (written by my friend Chu Yu Ho).

Overall, Well I think Korean men can't avoid the obligatory military service. Despite a long peaceful period, there is still a danger of war against North Korea. And performing in the army does demonstrate their patriotism towards the country. I believe, our Dong Won will do it that way.

Thanks DADA for the info but what i was saying is South Korea government reducing the length from 24 to 18. Yeah I cant really see Dang Won on the front line but I can see him maybe in the technology sector or gathering intelligence which is also crucial to knowing how,why, when where and what your enemy is doing.

M Poster

credit: dcdongwon

well Oceanluv...i'm waiting the clear one...

:)

thanks.....

so "M" still all around the corners...

:lol:

thanks dadani for the info of army things........

and tanio12.. let's hope that what you say will come true..

:)

NEWS

07-09-27

HP, 국내 패션화보 사진전 후원

【서울=뉴시스】국내 정상급 사진작가들이 강동원, 공유 등 7명의 정상급 스타들을 호주에서 촬영한 패션화보를 청담동 갤러리원에서 무료로 만날 수 있게 됐다.

한국HP는 청담동 갤러리원에서 열리는 패션화보 사진전 'From Far Away'를 후원한다고 26일 밝혔다.

이번 사진전은 호주정부관광청과 남성 라이프스타일 매거진 에스콰이어가 공동 주최하고 한국 HP가 후원하는 것으로 국내 최고 배우 7인과 최고의 사진작가 5인이 만나 광활한 호주의 풍경 속에서 완성한 패션 화보 사진전이다.

이번 사진전에서는 지난해 4월부터 올 7월까지 호주 시드니, 맬버른, 바이런 베이, 그레이트 오션 로드, 스톡튼 비치 등에서 촬영한 총 38점의 작품이 전시된다.

참여한 사진작가는 안성진, 이전호, 홍루, 홍장현, 최용빈 등 5인으로 각자의 색깔과 개성을 담은 사진들을 잡지를 읽는 듯한 스타일로 전시할 예정이다.

참가 배우들은 이서진, 신하균, 김민준, 강동원, 공유, 김성수, 오지호 등 7명이다.

한국HP는 이번 사진전 후원을 통해 사진 및 그래픽 전문가 등 크리에이티브 전문가 영역의 디지털 프린팅사업에 더욱 역량을 집중할 계획이다.

한국HP측은 "이번 전시회에 참여한 국내 정상급 사진작가들이 '12색 잉크 HP 디자인젯 Z3100포토프린터'의 섬세하면서도 생생한 사진 출력 품질에 크게 만족했다"며 "향후에도 국내 사진작가 양성 및 디지털 프린팅 발전을 위해 다양한 노력을 경주할 것"이라고 밝혔다.

사진전은 추석 연휴가 끝나는 27일부터 다음달 3일까지(오전 10시~오후 5시) 서울 청담동 갤러리원에서 관람 가능하며 입장은 무료다.

이하늘기자 ehn06@newsis.com

'From far away' exhibition will be openned to the public at Cheongdamdong gallery from Sep 27 to Oct 3

watch online: http://www.mncast.com/outSearch/mncPlayer....04&player=4

88fy2.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Korea

All-time box office records

The numbers indicate amount of tickets sold, not financial gross (as of August 2007).

Data from Koreanfilm.org and Film 2.0.

1. The Host - 13,019,740 (2006)

2. The King and The Clown - 12,302,831 (2005)

3. Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of war - 11,746,135 (2004)

4. Silmido - 11,074,000 (2003)

5. Friend - 8,134,500 (2001)

6. Welcome To Dongmakgol - 8,008,622 (2005)

7. D-War - 6,902,034 (2007)

8. Tazza: The High Rollers - 6,847,777 (2006)

9. 200 Pounds Beauty - 6,619,498 (2006)

10. Shiri - 6,210,000 (1999)

11. My Boss, My Teacher - 6,105,431 (2006)

12. JSA (Joint Security Area) - 5,830,000 (2000)

13. Marrying The Mafia 2 - 5,635,266 (2005)

14. May 18 - 5,609,005 (2007)

15. Marrying the Mafia - 5,021,001 (2002)

16. Marathon - 5,148,022 (2005)

17. Memories of Murder - 5,101,645 (2003)

18. My Sassy Girl - 4,852,845 (2001)

19. My Tutor Friend - 4,809,871 (2003)

20. Kick The Moon - 4,353,800 (2001)

21. My Wife is a Gangster - 4,180,900 (2001)

22. Typhoon - 4,094,395 (2005)

23. The Way Home - 4,091,000 (2002)

24. Sex is Zero - 4,089,900 (2002)

25. Another Public Enemy - 3,911,356 (2005)

26. Hanbando - 3,880,808 (2006)

27. Hi, Dharma - 3,746,000 (2001)

28. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 3,648,808 (2005)

29. Marrying the Mafia 3 - 3,464,516 (2006)

30. Untold Scandal - 3,345,268 (2003)

31. My Boss, My Hero - 3,302,000 (2001)

32. Old Boy - 3,260,000 (2003)

33. Voice of a Murderer - 3,245,857 (2007)

34. My Little Bride - 3,149,500 (2004)

35. Maundy Thursday - 3,149,500 (2006)

36. Oh! Brothers - 3,125,256 (2003)

37. Once Upon a Time in High School - 3,115,767 (2004)

38. A Tale of Two Sisters - 3,110,000 (2003)

39. Mapado - 3,090,467 (2004)

40. Jail Breakers - 3,073,919 (2002)

41. You Are My Sunshine - 3,051,134 (2005)

Guest Smelly Tofu

ahhh a tad bit disappointed that Duelist is not up there...but nonetheless 33 and 35 makes me happy...hehhehe

wow The Host is still leading...gosh I can't wait for the next smashing office movie...korean movies are getting better

ohh I watched the Mist MV and Dongwannie looks marvelous in there...gosh he is over the stage of hotness...how could he do it??...becuase of him i start to fantasize about business man...hahah anyway can't wait until I could watch the movie...

I'm grabbing Voice of a murderer soon...can't wait for him...