Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest syille

found this at yahoo korea...

it's new right? Maybe from oht promotion also.....

toobad i just find 1 only, couldn't find the rest of it.... i think maybe i wanna try again to find it...

hehe.....

btw i admiring this girl who took this photo, she is exactly know how to find find kdw....

cakeeeepk006.jpg

this was when he' in japan when promoted his photoalbum, i have it already but this 1 bigger

japan170.jpg

random old pics of his...small....but we still can see he is so cute....

drink3d69d46c0e5c4b06abb79737ee6c76.jpg

closeup137265d3712846abb92ac5e6df80.jpg

sleep892a27eee8f4423ab7c66ce5a5b91c.jpg

thanks to yahoo korea.....

and these are from sharp website...i cap few pics of him.... cuteguy....

;)

sharp1.jpg

sharp5.jpg

Sharp.jpg

sharp4.jpg

sharprealdic_pr_200703_l.jpg

Guest syille

^

oops...sorry dada_princess my office's inet couldn't reach it.....

:(

really wanna see it....

will anyone send it through sendspace?

please...

NEWS

The entertainment broker company tightly pursues Kang Dong Won after ending The Men's contract

2007/06/05

118360014657229986mc9.jpg

At present, after his filming the new movie "M", he temporarily rests in US, the companies anxiously playing along in order to contact with him. It is reported, many entertainment broker companies tightly pursue KDW after his ending The Men's contract, some rumors said he is now independent but the possible rumor is he will renew his ex-company (The Men).

But, all these at present all only are the hearsays. KDW's manager expressed "Since the model days, the relation of KDW and the broker company has been extremely harmonious, therefore, I think he might extend a contract".

souce: empas.com

Guest subduing mara

Thx, oceanluv fr news update. It's a rumor so far about the contract thing, :sweatingbullets:

I am with him if he decided to continue his contract with the Men, but still have a little hope to see him in famous/bigger agency where he could find more opportunities or having a big prjects to come..

Guest ripgal

Yes, finally some news on KDW. I'm not familiar with management company names and stuff..and personally I think his currrent/former management company has done a great job managing KDW and accepting the right projects on behalf of him. Just on his movies, I think he's the only one fav actor amongst my other fav stars in which I've enjoyed ALL his movies and loved all of them, PLUS some more he excelled in all of them. :D So if he decides to stay, my full support goes to him.

Guest syille

so he's in US rightnow? resting? good..good... please go back asap with good news of his next new project........

no wonder we haven't hear any new project of him....'cos of his contract with "the men" has end up....

hopely what ever he choose, it's best 4 his career...

Guest love.peace.happiness.

i'm been a long silent reader..hello to all..so when is his new movie "M" coming out?

Guest love.peace.happiness.

thanks for the welcome and the info oceanluv...why is it coming out so late? didn't it finish shooting? anywho looking forward to seeing our resident hottie act with Gong Hyo Jin..first time on screen...

Guest Airine Pratama

Yeah i think it will be good if he stay with The Men ... All this time i think Dongwon can get along with The Men well, picked up good works and improve himself as an actor ...

Guest thunderbolt

I just rewatched Duelist a few days ago..and altho I've seen it 3 times, it still left me with a very deep impression. I just couldn't get over the beauty of this movie.

ripgal, I'm always so happy when I read a positive review of Duelist. No movie has yet to replace this as my No. 1. I can never get over its beauty too. It's so magical. :wub:

Speaking of 'magical,' I'm watching MAGIC and liking it a lot. Not only does Dong Won look so handsome here, he portrays his character excellently. It's a very complex role; sometimes I get chills when I see what a smooth talker/conman he is as he pursues his goals. His character scares me actually because he is so cold. At the same time, when I see how much he yearns for love from the magician whom he regards as his dad, it makes me sad. I'm about halfway through the drama and I don't want it to end. The opening was quite uneven in terms of pacing and acting but it picked up quickly after the 3rd episode and gets better and better. The English subs are pretty good too; there're some mistakes but nothing major. The set comes with the OST which I really like too.

Guest ripgal

^thundie, it's your favourite movie? I concur that this movie was indeed a beautifully made movie. The blend of art, music and action was just splendid, that yeah..it took me quite some time to get over it. What intrigued me more about the movie was that it effectively portrayed the sad love between Nam Soon and Sad Eyes despite their not so many scenes together.

You can check out a review I wrote about Duelist after I finished watching it THE VERY FIRST TIME.. It's about 1.5 years ago.. hehe^_^

it had never occured to me that the word DUEL confered more meanings other than the original meaning of combat/contest between 2 historical figures. this word, i have taken it lightly until i saw Duelist, a korean movie starred by Kang Dong Won and Ha Ji Won. this movie experience actually spurred me to appreciate the depth and the inner meaning of a so called artistic production. it was not a typical korean movie where 2 guys fall for a girl and blah blah blah.... u know? typical elements of korean entertainment! yeah...ask me!

this movie is actually the depiction of a dilemma and unfathomable relationship shared btween 2 historical figures of opposing positions - one a fiesty policewoman named Nam Soon and a cool but fiery and bloody assassin Sad Eyes. ok.. u guys might think this is gona be another cliche plot whereby both the characters fall in love and blah blah blah.. yes. it is. but it is the character developments and movements that compliment their whole love-hate relationship. one who sees this movie might think of it as trash, nothing but crap when cutting of the romance thingy. but 2 me it was a new experience. it was kinda hard to grasp the whole and true meaning of the story as the scenic transitions from mostly fighting scenes to normal daily life scenes were vast. yet, the solemnity of both the characters actually outshone everything in the movie.

Nam Soon, a boyish and naughty character was very refreshing to me. as u will hardly see a woman in a guy's clothes roaming the streets like a crazy bewildered person in the Chosun dynasty. she was one of a crazy and hysterical person. screaming and yelling at any moment when she felt like it. this was exactly the reason why Sad Eyes was attracted to her. Sad Eyes, the assistant of a High Offical was an unusually quiet person. he used to roam around with his sword, gazing at the surroundings with deep thoughts, as if putting them one by one into his memory. i could feel this bcos his eyes SHOWED it. he was aware that he was born to be an assasin and there was no future for him. the moment they MET. it struck them that although both of them stood opposing each other, they could not bear but fall deeply for each other. it was simple. One stroke of Sad Eyes' Sword and a crazy giggle by Nam Soon made it all for them. they were deeply attracted and infatuated with each other. despite having numerous attempts and chances to catch Sad Eyes, Nam Soon never mannaged to get hold of him. she juz couldn't resist the soft heart she had for him. it was sad. it was heartwrenching. both couldn't defy their own responsbilities and reach out to each other. they were meant to be rivals. they were meant to be DUELISTS no matter what. once a thief, always a thief. same goes, once a criminal, always a criminal. i think this applied to their love as well. once they fell in love, they belonged to each other from that moment on. the only thing was that they only belonged to each other spritually. their bodies - separated by fate. separated by the deadly truth and fact that they were enemies from the beginning.

the cinematography of the movie - one word - EXCELLENT. it was the most unique depiction of a martial arts essencec film combined with romance. the fighting scenes combined with the artistic visual effects actually complimented the whole movie, making it more appreciable. initially i was doubtful bcos the beginning, it had became really confusing. the scene transitions were juz too over. but then i realised that it was the ESSENCE of the movie. the beautiful movements of the fighting scenes made the story so enjoyable that i fell in love instantly with the rhythm and the beats encompassed within the their actions. the story was juz BEAUTIFUL.

Guest syille

Hi all....

there is a poll in arirang tv (for 500 eps of showbiz extra) please vote if you have free time....

you can post everyday...at the third Q (first part) and sixth Q (of second part) are the most Q you have to answer with KDW....

http://www.arirang.co.kr/intro.asp

so please vote for him...if you can...... do it everyday......

gomapta....

:)

btw thanks ripgal and thunderbolt 4 sharing your story

and Hi...love.peace.happiness

Guest choong jae

aw.......PEPPER boy!! man still remember him eating the hot chili peppers in the movie (too beautiful to lie). didn't know he was dating a model, can someone upload a pic of her maybe? does anyone know what does she look like? i wanna know if they match.

aw.......PEPPER boy!! man still remember him eating the hot chili peppers in the movie (too beautiful to lie). didn't know he was dating a model, can someone upload a pic of her maybe? does anyone know what does she look like? i wanna know if they match.

:) I think they broke up...right Kang dong wonerss?

thank you ripgal and thunderbolt, i really like your stories...

dada_princess, when i opened that link, it showed "you don't have permission to access..."

whaaa so bad... :sweatingbullets:

syille, ok! i will vote for him...

choong jae, they broke up a year ago but still good friend...

11749039632mw0.jpg