Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest kazumichan

Thanks @oceanluv , but this pic is from a month ago :(( :(( :((, they tag his name so late, anyway better than not
I wonder who is the man in-front him, may be some one in the produced company  ???

VcOWejt.jpgKdw( only voice) apeared on the talk show Healing camp  for a moment yesterday.In the next week episode premier there is a mission for three hosts that they each have to invite 3 top stars for new year's party guests of the program .  Kim  Je-Dong , one of three hosts called Kdw. Next week we can hear Kdw's voice on this program.  

Thanks for the news @ajaaja8 ,so excited even just hear his voice.His voice is very good on the phone, when he call Taeyeon on her radio show i have goosebumps his voice very manly and tender,and when in the interview on radio show my heart fluttering also because his voice  ;)) . I hope i can see him in variety show such as healing camp or 2d1n even it's just a dream  :((

Ha Jeong-Woo “Gang Dong-Won is beautiful and seductive even to me”

12685_1.jpg

Ha Jeong-Woo highly praised Gang Dong-Won’s beauty.
At SBS ‘Healing Camp’ broadcasted on January 5, Ha Jeong-Woo praised Gang Dong-Won’s look saying, “He is beautiful and seductive even to me.”
Ha Jeong-Woo worked with Gang Dong-Won in movie ‘Kundo’. He said, “None can survive in front of Gang Dong-Won.”Ha Jeong-Woo changed into a director in movie ‘Heo Sam-Gwan’, and MCs made jokes that he has become a director because of Gang Dong-Won’s visual. Then Ha Jeong-Woo reacted, “It was a necessary decision rather than showing off my talent. I think I was in mannerism working for 10 years since my debut, and was worried if I can keep leading works as leading actor. So I decided that I have to make movies after a long time of rest.”
Meantime, Ha Jeong-Woo told an episode that he has caught a driver who hit him.

[Photo=Healing Camp capture]
Credit INNOLIFE

In the interview with cable channel OBS   the reporter Park Seul-gi chose Kang Dong-won and Won-bin as the most handsome stars among people that she has ever met. http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=862200
m1Ukpvh.gif

ijzRYzu.gif

Ybp3DFV.gif

WfNhfiy.gif
KdwDC

[HanCinema's Actor Spotlight] Kang Dong-won

photo550724.jpg

A desirable appearance and star appeal are things that feed one's popularity. For young male South Korean actors, the fastest way to fame is often through the female audience's hearts and the marketability they gain from them. However, this is not always as good as it sounds. Attractive stars usually have to work twice as hard for their acting to be seen above their looks and it does not always happen. Kang Dong-won has successfully gone from a simple heartthrob to someone valued for his talent.

Kang made his debut through a second lead role in the 2003 drama 'The Funny Wild Girl', most commonly known as 'Country Princess'. His drama career was rather short-lived, ending with 2004 drama "Magic", as he felt the drama filming system was too stressful and content often too melodramatic. His movie debut was in 2004 film 'Too Beautiful To Lie' as its male lead, but it was his role in the movie 'Temptation of Wolves' which garnered him great attention. It was in 2004 when Kang switched gears and started evolving into the actor he is today.

Ji-wonSad Eyes

His filmography is rather short, but it is also one packed with successes. Most of his works are in the action, thriller or drama category, with 'JEON WOO CHI : The Taoist Wizard' being the only comedic exception since 'Too Beautiful To Lie'. He has been in less marketable productions, such as Lee Myeong-se's"Duelist""M" and 2010 omnibus film "Camellia", but also in blockbuster works which have skyrocketed his career, the latest being 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant'.

As an actor, Kang is one who has relentlessly gone for challenge in the characters he plays and for unconventional and complicated roles. Be it a North Korean spy or a terrifying voice on the phone, his choices are always far outside an everyman type. These choices work very well for him, as his strength in acting is his ability to really morph into the people he plays and make them engaging through his charisma and meticulous approach. While these unique roles could produce awkward performances from many, Kang seems very adaptable to some very challenging concepts. This ability for learning can also be seen in the radical change after his first few roles, where his acting was barely tolerable.

Working so sporadically for over a decade does have its disadvantages too. For one, certain fans can be very demanding with celebrities and Kang is not the actor for those audiences anymore, though he no longer needs to be. The biggest drawback, however, is that Kang lacks some practice on the aforementioned everyman role, making him occasionally stumble on some basics.

Cho-inDae-soo

Managing to handle and really shape difficult and far removed from ordinary characters is no small feat, but tackling limited genres and almost no characters without some form of a core abnormality means normalcy can feel unnatural. Kang rarely has any major slip ups, but when he does they are often simple things most seasoned actors have no trouble with. Sometimes these work out well, revealing it is not a matter of talent, but one of polishing his skills through experience and prolificacy.

Kang Dong-won has been lucky in many ways. He has chosen works that became box office hits and he was worked with some great veteran actors who are the best kind of acting influence one can hope to get. He has also been privileged in receiving leading roles instantly and good promotion throughout his career. But what many stars see as an excuse to stop their betterment, Kang used as motivation to work hard and become a better actor. While he stills lacks experience and a skill set to match his talent, it is nothing more work will not fix.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

Credit : HANCINEMA

@Orion thanks for the write up. I love it. Too bad he has not made a drama comeback yet. I know Kdrama is super hectic and tiring but I think it would be awesome to see either Kang Dong Won and also Ha Jung Woo back in dramaland...
aanyway I edited post above. Did not realize that I forgot putting the Hancinema Link.. sorry...!!!

Thanks for sharing my piece, @czakhareina. I've been wanting to write it for a while. I'm just sad I didn't get to watch 'My Brilliant Life' before I did, but oh well. Could you please add a link to the original HanCinema piece as the source under the post though? It's a sharing rule by the site, under every article posted. ^_^

kdw's Birthday Meeting in Korea today...

10420094_780313285350442_546051844458362

10636256_780313288683775_155752948895396
dc

some fans from kdw dc told that...

- Today, he sang two songs; 이렇게 살고 있어 - 노리 플라이 (No Reply) and Tonight - 권순관 (Kwon Sung Wan, a member of the band No Reply).

이렇게살고있어 - 노리플라이 (No Reply)

Tonight - 권순관 (Kwon Sung Wan)

- He said the MPL promotion in HK was very fun.

- He is trying to learn Chinese...

- Recently he had an accident so he did not play football.

- Now he is preparing to shoot a new movie (Black Priests) The script is very fun, there are many things to learn so he is very busy.

- He said he likes Hawai so much.