Suz07

Guest ohayo

I saw this actor for the first time in BongDalHee

he is a real good actor, I really hope to see more of him in the future

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, where was this thread hidden? ;)

love in surgeon bong dal hee, i have watched his movies prior to the drama broadcast, but didn't know his name until i started watching the drama.

watched 'my wife is a gangster 3' yesterday, a clumsy gangster. he's great in comedic role as well as dramatic ~~ charming guy ~~ !!

thanks shirley, you are always so informative :wub: thanks for the recommendations, seems like a lot of people recommend 'oh brothers' will definitely check that out too

lol ya oh brothers !

this is Oh brothers Making of

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/theater/trailers/T0001126.asf

and trailer

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/theater/trailers/T0001142.asf

repost from film2.0

^^ enjoy the movie if you happen to get it

017923m12.jpg

Is there any 2005 movies I should add as I can't get see as they are written in Korean.

i think there abt all for 2005 ~ .^^ ..here some media clips for some of his movies for the thread .^^ hope it helps

D00005334_P.jpg

mms://movie.film2.co.kr/movie2/trailers/M0001426.asf

mms://movie.film2.co.kr/movie2/trailers/M0001391.asf

Singles

놀러와 - Loveholic (러브홀릭) =>ke this is alwasy been quite a favourite movie tune for me it so catchy ! watch the Mv .then u shd also be shaking like the cast to the tune .~ i like this movie .and the MV~ ..quite a surprise hit of that year ..

004342_m.jpg

mms://222.122.12.214/EMPAS_WMV_HIGH_060206/0004/000451.wmv

plus an old article ^

===================================

'Singles' Paves Road for Actor Lee Beom-su

singles.jpg

article by Kim Hee-sun

October 07, 2003

Whether it’s performing on stage or in the movies, actor Lee Beom-su(a.k.a Lee Bum-su) has always dished out a spectacular presentation of fire and heart which ultimately received domestic recognition riding on the success of the feminist comedy, Singles.

Despite admonition from his parents to choose a more ``reliable’’ profession, the strong-willed Lee began his love affair with the screen when he enrolled in the Department of Theater at Chung-ang University in Seoul back in the early 1980s. ``I chose my career path because I wanted to shun the ordinary while challenging myself to do something unique and creative’’ Lee says.

Following his 1990 debut film, ``Kurae, Kakkumun Hanulul Boja (Yes, Let’s Look Up At the Sky Now and Again),” Lee appeared in films including The Gingko Bed, City of the Rising Sun, The Anarchists, Jungle Juice and ``Wet Dreams.’’ Although he worked alongside widely popular performers such as Lee Byeong-heon and Song Seung-heon, Lee was unable to join their ranks until the successful turnout of the domestic version of HBO’s ``Sex in the City,’’ befittingly titled ``Singles.’’

Centered around two 29-year-old single, working women, ``Singles’’ dealt seriously with the topic of gender discrimination in the workplace and sex or procreation outside marriage, as an institution whereby women are forced to seek social and legal dependence on men. By properly seasoning the movie with a good dose of humor and an all-too-happy ending, producers were able to draw in a large audience of single, working women and their boyfriends. ``It’s ironic, but I originally didn’t want to do this movie. I only decided to participate because of a personal request from a friend,’’ Lee says.

``Singles’’ may have provided the foreground to his overnight stardom, but behind his success lie years of perseverance, tireless effort and charisma.

``I hold with high regard the works of Al Pachino, Robert De Niro, Edward Norton and Benicio Del Toro because they have charisma. Charisma is the element that gives performers the power to captivate and entice viewers, thereby confirming their existence,’’ Lee hesitated slightly before continuing, ``I believe that I too encompass this quality.’’

Whether it’s his ``charisma,’’ bright disposition, or a combination of both, it seems as if the once obscure actor is on his way to becoming a household name. His next movie with actor/model Lee Jeong-jae, Oh! Brothers, hit theaters last Friday. Interviews from both stars have filled newsstands and heavy airtime of the trailer has already reduced millions to fits of laughter.

``Oh! Brothers’’ starts off with Oh Sang-woo, played by Lee Jung-jae, who has just inherited his father’s debt unawares. With the intention of alleviate this liability, he seeks his half brother Oh Bong-gu, played by Lee Bum-su. Like the bittersweet comedy ``Jack’’ featuring Robin Williams, Bong-gu suffers from progeria, a premature aging disease which speeds up the growth process to four times as fast. The introduction of a juvenile that resembles the Korean mafia gives rise to a crazy scheme and an unbreakable bond between the two Ohs.

Unlike Robin Williams` memorable depiction of a 10-year-old that made viewers laugh simply because they were reminded of their own childhood, Lee’s acting seems overly exaggerated at times. ``The two characters come from different backgrounds and are faced with different circumstances,’’ explains Lee Bum-su. Nonetheless, the 33-year-old delivers a blue-ribbon performance, especially his lively imitation of Chucky from ``Child’s Play.’’

Barely reaching 171cm, the lover of tall women has reached great heights as an actor. However, Lee Bum-su doesn’t seem to let up for a minute. Having barely enjoyed some playtime with his golden retriever, the fan of rocker Jeon In-kwon has already started filming his next movie, ``Hello, U.F.O.’’ In it, he takes up the role as a diffident bus-driver named Sang-hyun who falls in love with a blind yet blithe passenger named Kyung-woo, played by Lee Eun-ju. ``Regardless of your fame, the entertainment business consists of endless ups and downs. If you don’t take your work seriously, the audience will forget you,’’ Lee says.

(courtesy of KoreaTimes)

repost from www.asiandb.com

Guest makemyday

wow i cant believe i didnt notice until now that he didnt have his own thread until recently.

weird.

i've always liked/respected him as an actor

but i have yet to watch his newest drama.

i should watch that. especially since i've heard so many good things about it...

Wow..a thread for a cool actor..!

My alltime favourite movie 'Oh Brothers!'..so hilarious with hot brother Lee Jung Jae and dang he's so cruel n cold hearted in 'City Of Violence'.. i saw most of his movies too!..

LBS in Au Revior! UFO/Annyeong UFO (Movie) 2004

200px-Au_Revoir_UFO_movie_poster.jpg

While some yearn for passionate or instant relationships, simple-minded bus driver Sang-hyon (Lee Bum-soo) is overly shy and merely manages to peek at the blind woman passenger he falls for. Working the night shift in a rural area of Seoul, unpretentious Sang-hyon enjoys fiddling around with rock oldies and mixing them in his leisure time to play them on his bus. But as he runs into Kyong-wu (the late Lee Eun-joo), a young blind lady on his bus who gets away from a heart-breaking relationship, the sentiment rolls in, stirring in the two strangers.

AnhyeongUFO2004LBS4.jpg

AnhyeongUFO2004LBS5.jpg

AnhyeongUFO2004LBS6.jpg

AnhyeongUFO2004LBS7.jpg

AnhyeongUFO2004LBS8.jpg

pic from: DC

Guest ANNASHEE

omgsh im kind of on a leebumsoo frenzy. I've been watching all the movies and game shows he's been on this week. hahha, and there soo good! ahh lee bumsoo rocks<3

Guest pearly_x3

lee bum soo is an amazing actor

i couldn't even recognize him in SBDH because he completely changed for his character

<3 LBS

Guest snoopy

i was doing a little research on him cause i was shocked that he had some wrinkles on his forehead while watching Bong Dal Hee....and DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG, i never knew he was born in 1970! That meant that he was 10 years older than Lee Yeo Won! :phew::o

i dont think i'll ever get rid of the image/character he showed as Dr. Ahn. ;) Gosh, i am so in love with his character! I really hope the director will make a season 2! :)

i'd like to contribute to this thread with pictures of our lovely LBS [the ones i think came out great! :)]

2005448934383385222_rs.jpg

2005439105186605048_rs.jpg

2005433594187117835_rs.jpg

our one and only beloved Dr. Ahn<3 :lol:

credits to naver & snoopy for uploading. :)

Thank you so much for your contribution snoopy! :wub: Love the pics. The wrinkles are cute, when he gets angry or when he smiles. I have to save and add them to my collection. I have re-watched SBDH for the third time. Must catch up with his movies too. I hope you can bring us more news on him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest collect2you

ok, where was this thread hidden? ;)

love in surgeon bong dal hee, i have watched his movies prior to the drama broadcast, but didn't know his name until i started watching the drama.

watched 'my wife is a gangster 3' yesterday, a clumsy gangster. he's great in comedic role as well as dramatic ~~ charming guy ~~ !!

I dl 'my wife is a gangster 3' because of him. He didn't look good as SBDH but he's really funny. I also love him in 'project makeover', especially dancing scene at the end.

Guest love.

he's so cute! i loved him in SURGEON BONG DALHEE. i had fun imitating his heavy sighs. rofl. i love this man<3

LBS at the SG Wannabe 4th Album MV "The Sentimental Chord" press conference:

LeeBumSoo44.jpg

LeeBumSoo45.jpg

LeeBumSoo46.jpg

LeeBumSoo57.jpg

LeeBumSoo56.jpg

LeeBumSoo55.jpg

LeeBumSoo54.jpg

LeeBumSoo53.jpg

LeeBumSoo49-1.jpg

LeeBumSoo49.jpg

LeeBumSoo48.jpg

LeeBumSoo47.jpg

[뉴스엔 글 김국화 기자/사진 박영태 기자]

의학드라마 MBC ‘하얀거탑’과 SBS‘외과의사 봉달희’에 각각 출연해 많은 사랑 받았던 이선균과 이범수가 한 작품에서 만나 화제다.

6일 오후 3시 서울 압구정 CGV에서 SG워너비 4집 쇼케이스가 있었다. 이번 쇼케이스에는 SG워너비 뿐만 아니라 화제가 됐던 뮤직 비디오 ‘아리랑’의 창 감독과 주연배우 이범수 이선균 옥주현이 참석해 주목받았다.

특히 이범수와 이선균은 얼마 전 화제가 됐던 의학 드라마 ‘하얀거탑’과 ‘외과의사 봉달희’에 출연해 열연을 펼치며 경쟁 관계에 있었기 때문에 뮤직비디오 공동 출연은 더욱 화제가 됐다.

이날 힙합패션으로 코디해 눈길을 끈 이선균은 데뷔하기 전인 6~7년 전쯤 학창시절 이범수에게 진로 상담을 받은 적이 있다고 고백하며 “이범수와 함께 작업하는 것 자체가 영광이었다. 다음에 긴 호흡으로 다시 만나고 싶다”고 말하며 우정을 과시했다.

이범수는 이선균과 다른 대학을 다녔지만 같은 은사를 두고 있다며 “존경하는 은사에게 소개받은 실력있는 후배”라고 높이 평가했다.

두 사람은 6.25를 바탕으로 한 이번 뮤직 비디오에서 옥주현을 사이에 두고 애절하고 비극적인 삼각 사랑을 선보인다.

김국화 ultrakkh@newsen.com / 박영태 ds3fan@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

source: dc, as labelled & http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?news_uid=127036

Archived