For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I got introduced to K-drama by my mom.

We're not korean but they looooove k-drama (it's dubbed in our language)

and that's how I was expose to korean stuff.. after that I carry on with introducing myself to kpop.

They don't really care or mind.

Guest laurenmychelle

Hahaha, ahh well. They do, too, so it'd be pretty hypocritical if they disapproved. xD

My dad actually watches more Korean dramas than my mom and I put together.. ;__;

Guest biela00h

hmm... they're ok with it..they even say now u can learn the language too...

but when my result for exam is a bit low.. they'll blame i watch too much kdramas or listen too much kpop... gahh.. juz stop that.. that's not the reason... (i'm juz a bit lazy, that's all :P )

my parents love korean dramas too, more than i do haha

my dad doesn't mind about the music i listen to but my mom likes it too :D

my parents are cool hehe

parents make fun of me sometimes but gotten used to it and my mom supports me learning about different cultures and languages

i watch EVERYTHING like korean,japanese,lebanese, bollywood, european:)...lol i really like arabic music!!!

Guest Rafajilla

My mom thinks I'm kinda crazy. It irritates me when she says: "Oh...she's just watching the chineses" Ohh...

"MOM! THEY ARE NOT CHINESE NEITHER JAPANESE, THEY'RE KOREAN"

"WHATEVER THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!!"

goshhhhhh xD

I'm crazy about Korean dramas and so is my mom. My dad is the one always complaining. He complaint that since I don't speak Korean, how can I understand what they are singing. He always picked on Korean actor/actress' acting skill. But I seriously don't get it. I'd chose Korean drama over others anytime.

Guest Superfly-J

Yeah, Only me and my cousin are in this whole korean scene.

But my parents don't care. d: But my older brother teases me.

I could care less what he does. ROFL.

Guest xoxotaec

At first, my mom was like freaking out becuase it may disturb my studies.

Then she was like OK, whatever

THEN she was like NOOO. stopp!! NOW

Now, shes like ONLY ON WEEKENDS!!

But, bleh who listens to them anyway!

hmm... they're ok with it..they even say now u can learn the language too...

but when my result for exam is a bit low.. they'll blame i watch too much kdramas or listen too much kpop... gahh.. juz stop that.. that's not the reason... (i'm juz a bit lazy, that's all  :P )

HAHA same here!!!

Guest .:dark.moon:.

Lol, my dad doesn't really care. At first my mom was like "you don't even understand korean, what's the point? And why don't you listen to classical music instead, it'll be more beneficial to your violin practice" =_=

Now she's pretty cool with it... but instead, now says "those korean boy groups look too girly" D:

My parents don't know.

They don't know I've loved Kpop since like.... 2004 or something.

All they know is that I have an interest in Korean culture due to a family friend.

In reality, it was Kpop. If they found out that I do love Kpop...

Blah. Don't wanna imagine it. They'll probably ridicule me. =/

They'd probably be mad actually. Because Kpop is one of the things that furthered my love for music.

Or at least, having a career in music... when my parents want me to go into law.

Yeah.

Guest pooch1e

My parents are okay, in fact, after we got cables, they start following those really long dramas that airs at around 7:55pm Monday to Friday??

Ugh, unbelievable, they delay eating and going out because of that.... Anyway I have to say, Korean dramas are really great, they are not only providing entertainment but also give lots of insights and lessons on stuffs.....

My mom kinda used to now. But roomate still think that Im the weirdest gal she's ever knew, whenever she caught me in my computer watching, sniffing over a raw/unsubbed dramas :lol: She always rolling her eyes 'dude, you dont even know a lick of that language'

Archived