For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest _FOBchink

I don't really know. My mom watches Korean dramas, the dubbed ones.

When my mom found out, she went out and bought Korean rice and Korean foods. Just for me. XD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest glitterpop

I always love to show my mom what I'm into, and when I started showing her the K-pop music I listen to, and the Korean Dramas I watch, she got TOTALLY into it with me. We watch the dramas together all the time, and let me tell you, my mom is in LOVE with Taeyang. (; So, it's pretty cool.

My dad just calls me weird though:P haha.

Guest daradiridaraduu-

Well, me and my dad are like "Asian-movie" Buddies or something. We're always talking to eachother about the latest asian movies, i give him some music he gives me some music. We've been the weirdest ones in the family according to my mom's side of the family and his side, so we usually keep our asian related crap to ourselves XDD He's more into korean/chinese and im more into Japanese/Korean :3 My stepmom could care less and thinks that alot of the music i listen to isn't that bad. Im dragging my brothers into the asian persuasion XDD lmao, i love that phrase. My older brother now listens to Kanon Wakeshima and Dir en Grey. I found the Kanon Wakeshima one funny cuz he listens to some things completely unrelated to her music. And i didn't even introduce her to him, so i ran in there and told him i was throwing a party for him. My little brother is obsessed with G-dragon XDD!!!! I was so proud. Muwahahahha, spreading the asian culture one step at a time c:<

~edit~

Oh, and my real mom came into my room when i visited her and i was playing some BEAST, and she was like "Whats thiiiiisss??? :D" And started watching from the beginning of "Bad girl" And she was like ".__." I thought she didn't like it until the end when she was like "OOh, oh! Show me "Shock" o.o" She told me that "Those asian men sure know what to do when it comes to fashion... They should come over here and give me a makeover >:D" XDD! I love my mom ♥

Guest ..Hey_Say_JUMP..

My parents don't really care when I listen to Korean music or not.

But when I watch Korean music videos on the flat screen TV,

my parents get irritated and tell me to turn it off.

But then again when I watch Korean dramas or movies,

they come and watch with me too.

So it's a in between thing.

Guest BBangx3

parents: "Oh, your lisntening to Korean music ...why not Filipino?"

either than that, they don't really mind (:

Guest awesooome

My mom is actually an Asian drama ADDICT. Haha. :) She loves Korean Dramas the most though. She used to watch only Taiwanese Dramas, because she could actually understand them without subs, but then she discovered K-dramas with BOF. And she was like, "WOOOW! They're handsome boys." :o My mom likes looking at Korean celebrities. Especially, with Lee Min Ho, she's a TOTAL FANGIRL!!! Haha, with Personal Taste, her face was practically glued to the screen. Haha. :) We spazz about hot guys all the time. :D

My dad, on the other hand, thinks that I'm being brainwashed into becoming Korean. Haha, it's funny. :D

Guest S'TooBin

My dad says they suck... good thing I only seem him once a month.

My mum, at first, said I was weird, but now she only complains if I talk non-stop about kpop and kdramas.

Guest Shoshana.

Er, they don't really mind. But when my stepmom's mom found out she tried talking to me about a possibility as a translator as a possible career.

Guest honey_co2315

before korean, there were the taiwanese F4 and meteor garden,,, my mom is also addicted to it... we also fell in love with Endless Love Winter Sonata and all other korean dramas that were shown in the Philippines. With korean dramas, there's no problem... she even has her favorites Go Soo (Green Rose) and Bae Yong Joon (Winter Sonata)....

but with Korean singers and me, singing in Korean, she was like 'what the heck happen to you, daughter?'

Guest Chezzieeex3

They actually listen to Kpop as well :o

I find that pretty cool haha ^^

One time I went in my mom's room and she was jamming to B2ST - Bad Girl MV on TV lmao.

Kinda disturbing tho o________o

And my dad listens to Wonder Girls.. :crazy:

My dad doesn't really seem to care, but he does think it's kind of cool that my aunt, who is Korean, can talk with me about all these different Korean musicians that I know. My mom likes the songs I listen to and has some of them on her ipod, like F(x), Big Bang, 2PM. She also thinks that Seungri and Taeyang are really good-looking, and she's 43.blush.gif

Guest just_us

lol they don't, it's a mutual

feeling. I can sit there and

watch all Big Bang concerts

and they'll just leave ;]

hhahahaa

so it's a mutual feeling and

i don't think they care, plus

my mom, if it's a good drama

she'll watch it with me and my

sisters.

<3,

o l i v i a

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rezjjoo

My dad and my brother finds it very annoying, cause i usally play music on high volyum. Hehe, it was this one time when i started to play "regular" music and my dad said "How does it come that you are playing this good music instead of that other crap music??" haha, i find that pretty funny cause, my sister had heard one of the k-pop-stars(?^^) sing that song and she remembered that she used to love that song.. so yeah.. everything has a reason behind it and this time the answer was k-pop xD

Guest Supernike911

my mom is a die-hard kdrama fan, and my dad really doesn't care as long as i get A's, so i'm set xD LOL

Guest angelguy2009

LOL Since I'm almost 30 LOL I always watch K-Dramas on DVDs and listening to Kpop music as well so I don't think my mom know about this but she knows that I watched Korean stuffs hehe

My parents don't care and don't find it wierd at all. Yes sometimes they make jokes but other then that no.. my mom sometimes says "Ohh that's nice! Who is that?". But I'm raised with all kinds of music.. from mainstream to african, country, classic, rock other world music etc. Me and my dad go to a festival for world music every year and 95% off all music is in a language we don't speak. My aunt found it a bit wierd though coz in her opinion you have to be able to understand what they are singing before you can like the music but i'm like why?! To me it's always a combination of melody and vocals. Some songs have great vocals but if I don't like the melody I don't like the song..lol

And when it comes to Kdrama (or Jdrama) they don't mind either. Sometimes they just watch with me and one time my dad did watch a serie I was watching and liked it. It was funny though once. I had Full House on my mac and my dad did mistake it for the american version so he started to watch it and went like OMG what is this?! LOL

Archived