For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest SoSade

My dad don't care .. hey he even like KPOP when he listened to it. ^^

eta : When I do watch kdramas it's always a "do you even know what they saying? 0.0"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ellegance2390

lol my mom thinks korean is coming out of my ears. her and my stepdad kinda laugh about it but they don't really care. my mom understands cuz she totally went through a 'phase' like this except it was j-pop not k-pop xD

Guest Riaaa

My mom kinda makes fun of me in a friendly way. I don't really mind cause I always laugh at the things she says..

My cousin actually also likes Korean stuff

and one time for mother's day... my cousin,my mom, my auntie, and me went out to eat.

So.. my auntie starts saying how one of her teachers in college (shes doing college courses) interviewed Rain from Korea.

and me and my cousin are like "O_O?" like wtf?!??! Seriously BI RAIN? & we later found out it was true.

My Mom: ohh hes in a movie huh?

My Auntie: yeah is it.. uhh.. "American Ninja??"

Me: NOOOO.. -___- *rofl*

My Cousin: *rofl* no... *about to correct her*

My Mom: No. /seriousface Not "American Ninja", its "Ninja turtle" He's the turtle. Korean turtle.

So long story short me and my cousin are laughing are heads off and

...basically our parents have no clue about the K-pop world.

Guest missdiane

my parents think we're crazy for watching stuff we don't understand what they're saying..but then i point out that i don't understand thai and they make us watch thai lakorns with them when they're bored..so it's the same thing..ahhaha..but i think my mom secretly likes looking at korean guys..she thinks they're good looking too

Guest ivylang

It all start so long ago that I don't even remember. My friends and family are used to it, but used to be very befuddled by my tastes. But there will always be an occasional song that my sister might find catchy or a drama, like Full House, that she might be interested in haha.

Guest Moon_

Hmm, my parents usually try to imitate what I watch. Ha ha! They're cute and funny XD Especially papa (dad) when he was trying to mimic Bidam's eyebrows in Queen Seon Deokk! LOL When I play or sing korean songs they just say that they can't understand what I'm playing. I think both of them are happy that I can understand culture diversity. They even insist that I study hard on Korean (so I can outdo my older brother who's studying japanese because he likes the jpop culture).

Because I mostly watch and listen to japanese music/drama, they always pop into my bedroom and comment "Japanese...again?" and just leave...but it was almost similar in response for Korean things

I don't think that they have much problem with it...it's my music taste...and my whole family loves music...just different kinds...

Guest izcaria23

my mom loved goong and has been watching other korean dramas on t.v lol I got her hook. Plus she rain sure can sing :P:rolleyes:

Guest Cloudy1430268312

all my people are used to it lol. they all know how i love asia (korea).

so they don't mind. sometimes my family jokes around with it, like: are you dating a korean boy? hahahah

and my friends are like: look, your friends!, when asians pass by, but they all mean it in a positive way.

i can't change my interest. it isn't even an interest anymore its more like my lifestyle.

but some poeple who don't know me well can't understand my love to it. oh well, i don't care.

as long as it makes me happy.

Guest queenhinata

My parents weren't like "You can't even understand what they're saying?!?" only because I have been watching anime and listening to J-Rock for a few years. At first my parents were like "We should just ship you off to Asia!" :P But its fun how I've got my mom into watching K-Dramas. So far in the span of 6 months, we've watched Boys Over Flowers, Iris, You're Beautiful, Shining Inheritance, and right now Coffee Prince.

My mom is always saying "how cute" my favorite groups are. Though my parents still can't get over how I spent all my birthday money on stuff of SS501, BigBang, & such. :D

Guest ninth

I'm Viet, but my immediate family doesn't watch any dramas, they only watch regular t.v

so when i turn on the occasional drama, i watch maybe every three months and have a marathon

they always: why are you so into Korean and Japanese

do you understand what they're saying....

haha..i think it's usually the families that don't watch asian dramas that say stuff

Guest xuanneh

My mum is quite cool with it. She even had Haru Haru as a ring tone for about a year ;P Everytime I play Haru Haru she'd be like, "is that my phone ringing?" LOL.

Guest NikkiLuvsU

They don't really care. They go, "Do you even understand it?" If it's a song, "Nope." If it's a subbed drama, "Yea, -points to subtitles-"

Guest nightelves92

Well, for me, my parents are not really bothered except when I spend too much, then my mum will get irritated. But I don't care, so she has given up lol.

Guest chopstix_pudding

Mom: "What drama are you watching? What is it about?"

Dad: "Stop watching those stupid dramas, you two. It's not going to help you in the future."

Guest superpig

My mum's alittle jealous that I can watch them on the computer whereas she can't because she's always busy with work or having too much chinese programmes to catch up with. (oh btw, I'm chinese XD).

My friends generally know I'm in my own world when it comes to talking about Asian music and drama and they're fine with it. They actually find it interesting when I mention stuff about it though since it's like a whole different world to them.

Archived