For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

When they found out they were like "Omg! Korean people are bad!" and i'll just give them a face and try to convince them or just say "NO THEY'RE NOT"

Everytime i walk out of my room to get something they'll hear Korean music playing lol xD i can't help it, its not my fault their taste in music isnt good =)

They say if i keep listening to korean music..I'll wind up marrying a Korean. o_o :mellow:

Hmm not bad at all :D lol i wont mind

DorkyDolphin_x3

Am I like the only one here who got YELLED at?

Yeah, my uncle yelled the crap outta me saying "WTH YOU LISTENING TOO, WHAT, YOUR KOREAN NOW?!" Yeah, total pms.ing, for a guy D<

UNLIKE my daddy, who took me to the hollywood bowl, and let me drool over Yunnie

<3

Nope yur not the only one lol and omg yur so lucky!!!!!!! Rawr lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FoolsOnlyTears

my mom was like "do you understand what you're listen to?"

i said, "Nope. :) "

then she said, "Why are you listening to it then?"

then I pointed to my dbsk poster

and then all she said was, "Oh."

LOL! my mom once said, "they're too pretty!" XD

Guest c i e l`

At first it was...

"Listen to more chinese music."

"Korean music and dramas will always exist so go study."

"Why the heck are you listening to korean or japanese I don't know what music?"

But now...(since it's been a long time) they don't say anything anymore x')

edit : now my mother watches korean drama pwhahaha

Guest cenara

My parents don't really mind. My mom thought a couple songs I let her listen to were really nice.

It's my younger brother who makes a big deal out of it. I just tend to ignore him though. Heh.

Guest mochi.

My parents don't really care. My mom watched korean dramas on tv before I started watching them on the computer. I sometimes get yelled at though when I get lazy and just watch dramas instead of doing work =X

Guest xcorpusdelictix

My family doesn't really know I do. Every once in awhile, they hear me listening to TVXQ, or some other Korean band, like Super Junior. I showed them once how to write their names in Korean, too, but they just rolled their eyes at me.

My parents try to pretend they don't have a weird daughter.

Parents don't care if I watch/listen to K-drama or music.

School friends don't care either.

Church friends care sometimes.

People at school care and make fun of me for it.

Yup, it's kinda even. But I don't care, even if I don't understand it, I still like it.

Guest Ailes Noires

My family used to think I was weird for listening to foreign music of pretty much any kind (started with Japanese), and I used to really be into anime.

Now they realize that I just love foreign things, and don't bother me about it anymore. They don't want any real part in it (unless it's my cooking), but they think it's a good thing for me.

Except for my older brother. He's like "it's retarded, I can't understand it." Sigh.

When I was in middle school, people used to tease me about it, but that was because I was anime nerd too. Now, not so much. Now they're impressed that I have such diverse tastes. :P

I think I don't like anime as much anymore because in Washington, everyone is obsessed with it. o.o

Guest esxtee

My parents don't really care. They don't even know nor car what type of music / drama I'm into as long as my grades are kept up. LOL

My friends and I discuss our celebrity loves during lunch sometimes. x)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AsianSuppaModel

"Why don't you listen more to vietnamese music?"

and my dad says: "I look much better than this Bi Rain guy!"

but this doesnt happen very often.

Guest cannotfindserver

i played some of my MP3s of korean, chinese, and japanese music on my computer and when my mom heard it she was like "is there something wrong with our altec lansing speakers?" hahahaha

Guest se7olution

hm

at first it was japanese and my parents were like "oh you're so obsessed with japanese culture" then when i really got into korean they were like "prassat gowlee" which translates to "korean crazy" =_=

now my dad accepts it. its my decision. oh and my mom watches korean dramas dubbed in thai (nasty, dubs..) so. i feel she doesnt have a position to say anything to me either.

Guest eluphant

My parents don't mind...I guess...but my mom sometimes goes "Watching all these korean dramas....you don't even know half of your chinese yet!"

-______-;;

So? LOL

Guest kevirushi

My mom doesn't care... She just listen to it and be like... "What is it about?" And then I'll be like, "I don't know... It sounds good though! =D"

Archived