For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kriza_09

my mom was the first one in my family who got into those hallyu stuff.. she likes korean dramas so much.. lol.. she was the one saying korean men are hot when i said no they're not and they have weird hairstyles.. she can stay up all night watching those korean dramas..

Guest luvinkhero

HAHA my dad dosen't reely care ;]

he just goes korean again?? cos he has korean friends too AHAHAHA ;;

my bro is weird =/ GET OVER IT

me; shut up

pactically my room is filled with korean stuff

Guest chic_

the only care when it gets in the way of my schoolwork - which it sorta did during my last year of high school. Even tough i did get good marks, it wasn't my best because of kdrama distractions.

otherwise, my mum would say: "Are you going to marry a korean boy?"

Guest chinguz

hehe reading some of those posts are funny.

My parents dont mind, its when i listen to my own lang. they stop and ask something or if they hear explicit words.

my brother on the other hand.. when his around it will be like "So can you put on some real music?".

Guest weirdo

my parents makes me do what i want to do... i urge my dad to listen to kor songs...he's so-so about it but my mom dislikes it. she asked me how can i appreciate the song when i couldnt even understand the lyrics and message of the song..the truth is i dunno why..i just do.

Guest azn_sisitjuh

well i dun think they care... lol =P...

I think they even dunno about it haah lol =P...

My parents sometimes watch korean drama's...

There are just on the Chinese tv.. =)

Guest Atmosphere.

My friend Reiko got grounded for 3 months because she was watching Korean Dramas and listened to Korean music. She said she loved Korean music more than Japanese. And her parents was very upset and grounded her -__-;;;

She can't go out with her friends, cause her parents are worried thinking their daughter will listen to Korean music/drama some place else too -__-; So after school, she has to come right home and study =/

Guest jihye87

my dad will keep asking if i understood what's going on inside and my mum will tell me that i'm chinese .. haaaa ..

they dun really have comments about what i do but they say i must not really marry a korean just cos i like watching their dramas ..

Guest xxflyingcookiez

lol my parents dont mind me listening to kmusic&drama

but sometimes they come n my room and im watchin kdrama and they'll tease me saying

Parent -"Do you even understand whats it talkin about??"

Me - "subtitles"

Parent - -Laugh- and walkk out

:]

Guest hanabi ;

my parents dun really mind because they watch korean dramas too, my sisters too.

when it comes to music, they will think why i listen to it when i dun even understand the language.

but they dun really care.

Guest mariika

My parents honestly don't care anymore ^^;; My mom pretends she doesn't like dramas, but when I was watching Full House, she wouldn't let me turn it off ^^;; We watched all 16 episodes in one day ^^;; My dad loves dramas too; he really liked My Name is Kim Sam Soon :D They're not so much into the music part, though, but I guess they got used to me listening to non-English music~ :D

Guest xtrammieex

hah my mom doesnt care..she actually watches korean dramas too although theyre viet dubbed.

she did call me dumb for payin 180 to go see yg when i dotn even understand korean but i told her it was ok since they were HOT.

my parents are kinda opened about this cos i have been watching japanese, chinese and even thailand and vietnamese movies before i moved on to korean ones....

yeah, i listen and watch lots :D

so when they saw me watching korean

they juz go: "what's that? chi or japanese?"

and i go: "no, it;s korean."

it happens all the time :D

sometimes i'm watching japanese anime and they thought they heard korean hahaha

Guest Urban.love

My friend Reiko got grounded for 3 months because she was watching Korean Dramas and listened to Korean music. She said she loved Korean music more than Japanese. And her parents was very upset and grounded her -__-;;;

She can't go out with her friends, cause her parents are worried thinking their daughter will listen to Korean music/drama some place else too -__-; So after school, she has to come right home and study =/

Wow O.O that is crazy. My mom doesnt really care. I have a bunch of Korean and Japanese songs on my Ipod. I caught her listening to a Utada hikaru song once when she borrowed my Ipod hehe.

Guest Rainie_Days

My parents don't even say anything...sometimes my mom would come in and see me watching either a K-drama or a J-drama, and she'd be like, "so you understand all this?" lol...frankly, she doesn't mind, as she knows everyone's hyped up about K-dramas, the truth is, they're really good to watch ^^

Guest xl0lxl0lx

well, they don't really care because we all got hooked on kdramas together.

but ever once in awhile, they're like, another korean movie? lol

Guest mango_twist

My mom is the only one who has time to watch TV with me and she actually encourages me to do so because of the general wholesomeness of the shows like Full House and Princess Hours.

Archived