An Englishman, A Scotsman, An Irishman And A Welshman

Guest Jangoon

Guest Jangoon

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman and a Welshman were travelling in an aircraft that went out of control and was about to crash.

To their dismay, they discovered that there were only three parachutes in the plane. The Scotsman argued that he ought to have one since he was a very important businessman whose death would result in the collapse of the stockmarket.

The Welshman handed him over the first parachute and he baled out.

Next the Irishman argued that he should be given a parachute. He was an important politician upon whom all hope of peace in Ireland rested. The Irishman silently put the straps over his shoulders and he jumped out after the Scotsman.

The Welshman now turned to the Englishman and handed him a parachute. 'Here you are' he said cheerfully.

'But what about you?' gasped the Englishman, amazed at this unflinching heroism.

'Oh, I'll be all right' said the Welshman. The Irishman took my haversack'.

^A haversack is a large shoulder bag, similar to (if not the same as) a duffle bag.

I heard a different version of this joke, with George Bush taking someone's backpack, mistaking it for a parachute pack.

Guest lovablekrnstar63

OHHHH

i took me such a long time to get it

so the irishman doesnt have a parachute!

..that sucks

he'll splatter to his death

Guest OBSCURE Sin

i dont really understand why the welsh did that tho...

was the irishman's response not good enough?

The whole "Englishman, Scotsman, Irishman..." set of jokes are rather like the British version of blonde jokes. The Irishman is the equivalent of the blonde because Irish people are supposed to be the least clever out of them. Not saying that I agree with this but that's the idea.

So basically, it's implying that the Irishman didnt notice that it was a backpack because he was stupid.

Guest pyroignition

they should have another section for "humors thats not funny but its still there for a reason"

Guest xyummy

lol i actually get it but i didn't get why the irishman until i scrolled down..

how sad.

thanks for sharing!

Archived