Korean Restaurants In Montreal?

steph3n

Downtown - and good!
As the topic says.

Does anyone know any good korean restaurants downtown?

sometime i eat at "La Maison du Bulgogi" near atwaters metro and it's right next to a japanese/korean grocery store

if you know, please let me know where! (and what metro, since i travel by metro all the time)

thanks!

Guest HappyEndings

hii there^^ I go to Maison du Bulgogi sometimes too, but i've also been to 2 other places. The first time i've tried Korean Food was at "Chez Bong" which is situated just on St-Laurent. If i'm not mistaken, it should be near Metro Place D'armes. There's also "Manna" which is located on Bishop and it's near Metro Guy-Concordia. Hope i helped^^

I think the best in dowtown is Bulgogi House but my favorite is Hwang-Jin on Queen-Mary and Chez Seoul (not too sure about the name) on Sherbrooke

Guest Kang1004

:blink: Bulgogi House is not bad lol The woman there is really nice even if her smile when she gives you the bill is so fake hahaha ( try to notice...when she gives you the bill...after two second when close her eyes so much it is hard to believe she will open them again lol)

The other korean restaurant on sainte-catherire (Arirang) is really disgusting!!!

There is two "Chez Bong"! :rolleyes: One close to guy concordia and one in chinatown. Go at the one in Chinatown on saint laurent! The cook is an angel. SHe is the mother of the owner of the morning glory, my ex boss. SHe cooks so well and really have a great passion for food! SO gooooodddddddddd!!!!!!

Manna is really good too (on bishop i think) :sweatingbullets:

But my favourite is surely the one on Queen Mary!!!! really really good but bit far when you live dowtown!!!!

there is two others on sherbrooke. Sol something on within westnmount and the other after melrose street. Not bad but not as good as CHez bong (chinatown) and the one on queen mary!!!!! :blush:

cheers xxx

Kang

Guest Cee1430262309

I really liked Chez Bong in Chinatown. The ajjumma was really sweet and nice. Her cooking was <3 too Her kimchi tasted better then my moms lol I went to Maison du Bulgogi once and I think it's a nice place.

Wow I didn't even know we had that much korean restaurants lol

Guest smirks

i was just at la Maison Bulgogi. it was pretty good. i think it's the current best one that's in downtown.

my favorite used to be Man-na, until they changed the chef last year. i haven't been there since the summer, since i couldn't get over how good it was before the change of chefs. it's not as spicy. meh...

Arirang's not that good. Don't go there.

there's Korea House around Snowdon metro on Queen Mary. i think that's my favorite at the moment. when i ask them for extra extra spicy, they really do it. :)

and to those who hate at Maison Bulgogi, what are their best dishes out there?

I already ate there 3 times....

so far i tried : Jajyang Myun (sp)

Kim chi jiggae

Bibimbap in the stone pot

i think my favorite one so far is the jajyang myun lol, very simple, yet pretty good...and kinda hard to eat too.

also they always bring out like the vegetables, i can eat the kimchi and the salad, but the green thing and the lookalike potatoes are a no no for me :S what is it anyways :|

Guest Kang1004

four seasons??? :unsure: at saint-henri??? wow never heard of that restaurant! :blush: and it is the same woman of bulg house....

:sweatingbullets: hey was it the restaurant really close to the subway entrance and half japanesse? :rolleyes:

Guest luluchan

I really liked Chez Bong in Chinatown. The ajjumma was really sweet and nice. Her cooking was <3 too Her kimchi tasted better then my moms lol I went to Maison du Bulgogi once and I think it's a nice place.

Wow I didn't even know we had that much korean restaurants lol

where is Chez Bong in Chinatown???

I think... i dunno where is the best.. hahah

I didn't really taste really good KOrean food ~ but i go to Manna more because it's closer haha

Guest Kang1004

Chez bong in china town is on st laurent! just walk toward south on st laurent and you will see a korean flag! it is there is a kinda basement...humm hard to describe!

--------------------------------

| <|------chez bong!

| |

| |chinatown's street

---------------------------------

| |

| |--> saint-laurent

| |----------------------------- --> renee levesque

| |

------------------------------- --> sainte-catherine

kinda easy to find but hard to describe how to get there! well anyway it really close to the chinatown street. you just walk on that street to saint-laurent and at your right at the other side of the street you will see a korean flag...well its there lol!

anyway manna is good too lol but as somebody said...they changed the chef....and now its the same :-)

Guest candi

the one on sherbrooke street if i remember well was good. though i forgot the name of the restaurant XD...Probably the "Chez Seoul" that someone mentionned up there. TRY THEIR UDON! really good~

um...I've been to the Manna near Guy-Concordia too. Not bad, but i didn't find it exceptional (Maybe because my mood was totally ruined when the lightbulb above me died out of nowhere..)

now, at all cost, AVOID THE MANNA in Brossard. Trust me on this one...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hiatus

Here in summary are the restaurants with their address [took me some time to find them]. I'm not sure if the are the same if yeah just tell me i'll correct it. I don't if it taste good or not so far only been to Chez Bong. The first time was nice but the second time she added too much sesame oil that when I was eating I was getting full really fast =[

"La Maison du Bulgogi" near atwaters metro

"Chez Bong" B-1021 St-Laurent [Chinatown]

"Manna" 1421 Bishop [D.T]

"Hwang-Kum" 5908 Sherbrooke W. [NDG]

"Quatre Saison" 4200 St-Jaques [st-Henri]

"Sul Ac Jung" 3300 Cavendish [NDG]

"Korea House" 4950 Queen Mary [Decarie]

"Kagopa" 6400 St-Jacques [NDG]

"Le Pin" 5217 Decarie

"La Maison de Séoul" 5030, Sherbrooke O.

"Na Go Ya" 140, Notre-Dame Ouest << has japanese, korea , asian food

Archived