[drama 2003/4] Jewel In The Palace/ Dae Jang Geum 대장금 (大長今

theedqueen

I think it's time to dig up this topic. Though there are lots of news regarding DJG 2, all of them just about rumors and consideration. That's why I still keep my decision not to open this topic until everything about DJG 2 is settled and official news released. :)
"Dae Jang Geum 2" producer confirmed,now awaiting Lee Young Ae.
photo427107.jpg

MBC drama "Dae Jang Geum 2" is putting together the final pieces.
According to resources, the producer of "Dae Jang Geum 2" is Kim Geun Hong. He's particpated in "Guam Heo Jun", "Queen Seon Deok", "Jumong" and other great historical dramas.
"Dae Jang Geum 2" is now waiting for Lee Young Ae's response. Initially, she had wished to work together with the crew of "Dae Jang Geum" especially because Jang Geum becomes a mother of a daughter and likewise Lee Young Ae, who is a mother of two.
Lee Young Ae hasn't shown a clear sign of starring in the drama but others are saying she will do it. A resource said, "We are leaning towards her agreement."  Jang Geun Soo, the chief of department of drama said, "We are still discussing things with Lee Young Ae with the first episode coming up in October."
Credit: Hancinema, DongA.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the final confirmation. Lee Young Ae will not participate in "Dae Jang Geum 2"  due to her personal matters which makes it difficult for her to join this drama. Moreover, she seems to be more biased to refusal than acceptance to this invitation.
Therefore, MBC will carry out "plan B" that means they will choose another actress instead of Lee Young Ae to take her vacant post.
"Dae Jang Geum 2" is indeed scheduled to be available in October.

• 10 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

​Throwback Thursday: The 5 best historical dramas of the 2000s

by whatadrama on Thu, Mar 26, 2015

Is your love for K-dramas genre-specific? Are you skeptical of dramas that are not romantic comedies? Fear no more! We’ve prepared a list of the best historical dramas produced in the past decade. They deal with Korea’s rich history from 37 BC to the 1600s chronologically. Check these out!

3. Jewel in the Palace (2003)

Need I say more? Lee Young Ae's Jewel in the Palace is the drama that pioneered the Korean (Hallyu) wave, along with Bae Yong Jun and Choi Ji Woo's Winter Sonata (2002). It tells a story of a young girl named Suh Jang Geum overcoming her difficulties and becoming the best cook/doctor in the country.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/throwback-thursday-the-5-best-historical-dramas-of-the-2000s/

• 8 months later...

Finally I found this thread.

Its The Most Favorite drama of my life so far and will always be. I watched it first when it was shown in our national television dubbed in hindi, once a week sunday 8.30 pm. I loved it so much that where ever I was I used to be in front of tv before its start time. It made me cry so much made me laugh a little. It gave me loads of confidence -strength that it does not matter what happens to us if we keep our hope alive and never stop doing what we do best (hard work) life will always reward with the best.

My whole life was changed and inspired after this one show. Hats off to this one lovely drama.

Archived