[drama 2003/4] Jewel In The Palace/ Dae Jang Geum 대장금 (大長今

theedqueen

[MBC] Lee Young-ae, Ji Jin-hee
Searched the forum and didn't find one that revived the old DJG thread so here goes! This is my favorite k-drama series and I own the dvd sets (but I had to leave them at home when I moved into my dorm room ;_; ). But yea, everybody who loves this series post here! K...gonna add some more info for those new to the series. I think I'll edit this more than once as I find more info: daejanggeum28dj.gif (pic credit of drama wiki @ d-addicts.com) Korean Title: 대장금 Synopsis (possible spoilers): Dae Jang Geum (lit. The Great Jang Geum; aka Jewel In the Palace) is a historical drama(MBC: 2003-09-15 to 2004-03-23) that takes place during the Chosun Dynasty and follows the story of Suh Jang Geum. It starts out with showing how a young Jang Geum comes to lose her parents and ends up going into the royal palace in order to become a court lady who makes food for the King. During her time in the palace Jang Geum meets many obstacles as there are many plots and secrets within the palace and those eventually get her kicked out of the palace. Jang Geum rises up against this and returns to the palace as a court physician. Her skills are so great that she becomes the personal physician to the king, which of course stirs up a lot of controversey since during those times a woman couldn't even dream of holding such a position. There's a lot more to this drama that shows Jang Geum's friendships, loves, trials, and lessons that you just grow to love this drama as you experience what Jang Geum goes through. I can't go into more detail w/o revealing huge spoilers so just watch this drama and check out for yourself! Cast: youngae5im.jpg Lee Young Ae as Suh Jang Geum keumyoung4hn.jpg Hong Ri Na as Choi Keum Young jungho0as.jpg Ji Jin Hee as Min Jung Ho (OMG ^^ <3<3<3 )

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hershy kissez

i loved this drama!

it was one of the few dramas that i liked which era was back in those days.

i really really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others :)

Guest cutiepie

isn't this a kbs production?

nope MBC Production, aired in Korea: September 15, 2003 - March 23, 2004

i loved this drama, highly recommended!

i love this drama....actually, this is the only period drama that i was interested in watching...i guess partly coz of min jung ho!! min jung ho!! min jung ho!! :lol:

Guest ys_jen

I watched quite a few period dramas...and this is by far the best.. :)

i love this drama....actually, this is the only period drama that i was interested in watching...i guess partly coz of min jung ho!! min jung ho!! min jung ho!! :lol:

For me, I guess only coz of min jung ho!! min jung ho!! min jung ho!! :lol: hehe

Guest chinamp3

I wonder if there anyone upload this series in 700MB version with the subtitles. It would be great for everyone to share.

^^ i guess for me too :lol: i tried watching it coz of min jung ho...then i started to enjoy the drama too..coz the story is good, actors are great...even though it's such a loooong drama..it was worth my time :)

Guest rockerbabe

It was first showed in Mandarin on public tv. wasn't interested. Somebody told it was interesting. The Hong Kong fans are crazy about the show and Lee Young Ae. And so, I watched the cantonese version on cable TV.

Anyways, I Love this drama especially the "auntie killer" JJH/ Min Jung Ho... *sigh* I love the way MJH loved DJG... *sigh* I love the script and the background colors and its combination... :D

The most important thing I think in this drama is "health/ medicine" and "food" which is why the housewives aunties, uncles are interested...

I'm very interested in this drama because the story flows, script and the characters... :):D

Probably the best korean drama that has a proper structure and keeps me interested until the last episode...

Heard one of the actors is the director of dae jang geum? is it true?

Guest conduongmuathu

I love PS Lee Byung Hun when watched this drama. This drama is great. But I have just seen Huh Joon, a wonderful drama, I love this drama than DJK, but all in my heart

I'm watching Suh Dong's Song, great. PS LBH is a wonderful PS

I am watching this drama rite now.. almost ending... I'm also watching cuz of min jung ho! min jung ho! min jung ho! He is so sweet and devoted to Jang Geum.

I read the summaries here: http://hkadb.net/index.php/Jewel_in_the_palace

wow thanks for this!!! I've been following the series on cable tv...and it's killing me to watch 1 episode for 5 days a week! :lol: - but this drama is really very interesting. What amazes me more, is that DJG actually existed. She's really someone to look up to. Full of courage n determination. What an incredible woman!

Hi! Just watched this recently. At first I was hesitant to do so cause it looked like it was boring, being a period drama and all. But was I wrong. I really loved it - the story, the actors, everything! I especially like how the love story between the two leads unfolded. :P

Archived