Do You Think You Are Pretty?

Azngel

Well, okay there's something I need to understand.

Why is everyone here a 7!!!

I thought 5 was supposed to be average? xD It seems that being average is being ugly/quite unattractive. While being average is being.. above average/pretty/cute?

Is it me or there's something wrong?

Well, I know it's good to have some self confidence and all, but most of the people who posted here said there were average/above average so they're 6/7. okay. whatever. I've always thought that 5 was the middle of ten?

I'm not bashing anyone, but I just don't get it.

Plus, I looked at everyone in the thread (yeah i'm damn bored and a no-life xD) and everyone seems to be average to me, like 4-6 not much of seven I guess. Of course some people who say they're above average REALLY are, but I just don't get how you can say you're average so you're a 6/7. That's really something I need to understand?

Another thing I don't get is.. you have like a half of unattractive people. (considering "attractive people are above 5 I guess). So it's approximatively that at least 1/4~1/3 of the above average people are unttractive? Hello world.. There's something weird here?

So just tell me how being pretty/cute/above average (according to MaryMagdalin's ratings) is being average and not that attractive?

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, I'm not willing to but it had bugged me ever since. And no I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to understand because this is just my own point of view.

Maybe I'm the one who's got a f*cked mind? xD

people think highly of themselves xD

page owned :P

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought 5 was supposed to be average? xD It seems that being average is being ugly/quite unattractive. While being average is being.. above average/pretty/cute?

Well, I know it's good to have some self confidence and all, but most of the people who posted here said there were average/above average so they're 6/7. okay. whatever. I've always thought that 5 was the middle of ten?

Plus, I looked at everyone in the thread (yeah i'm damn bored and a no-life xD) and everyone seems to be average to me, like 4-6 not much of seven I guess. Of course some people who say they're above average REALLY are, but I just don't get how you can say you're average so you're a 6/7. That's really something I need to understand?

Another thing I don't get is.. you have like a half of unattractive people. (considering "attractive people are above 5 I guess). So it's approximatively that at least 1/4~1/3 of the above average people are unttractive? Hello world.. There's something weird here?

So just tell me how being pretty/cute/above average (according to MaryMagdalin's ratings) is being average and not that attractive?

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, I'm not willing to but it had bugged me ever since. And no I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to understand because this is just my own point of view.

ok i dont really understand exactly what you said but i think you are having some confusion with statistics. when you say most of the people, you are saying more than 50%. most of people did not vote 7. 7 just has MORE votes than the other ratings. look at the percentage, 25% of the people voted 7.

you are right to say that statistically 5 would be the middle because its the median (almost the mean) on a scale of 1-10 but we are talking about appearances here. and appearance doesnt lay such a clear line like statistics. my interpretation is that the average here is more of a range than just one rating. you can be on a high end of average (7) or a low end of average (4). what i think of someone close to the high end of average (7) would be someone who you might think look average when you first meet them but they get prettier the more you look at them. or they are the people that you would describe as "kinda pretty" so they dont really deserve an average rating because they are "kinda pretty" but they are not a 9 because theres the "kinda".

also what you said here "you have like a half of unattractive people" i believe this is more of your perception of what beauty is than what beauty actually is. its a cliched saying but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. a person may meet 100 people and think that 75 of those people are above average (5+ if i follow your ratings) but you may have someone who meets the same 100 people and only find 25 of them to be 5+. its all a matter of perception so the fact that not 50% of the people who voted here are below 5 is perfectly normal.

if it helps, you can just ignore the number ratings and look at the "yes/no" ratings. they are pretty much 50/50 so 50% of the people are pretty and 50% not. :)

Guest takki_fanatic

how come i always pick the one that's most common, i hate that lol

so i give myself a 6-7, i don't think i'm ugly, but i've seen a lot of crazy beautiful ladies, i envy their beauty :)

Guest Mistress Dee

I gave myself a '5' mainly because I feel 50/50 about my appearence. Some days I'll feel like the hottest person in the world. Those times when I feel too good looking to be sitting around the house. Other times I don't find myself attractive at all.

Guest dreamsicle

This question is purely a confidence test... it doesn't mean AT ALL that these ratings accurately reflect soompiers' attractiveness. I don't think the numbers matter much in terms of determining how good looking people actually are.

sometimes i think i do.. or maybe it's just my mind is playing jokes with me. haha i give myself a 5.. nothing to look at.. or 4.. i wouldn't look twice. haha

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

Odd, it pretty much screams: It's what THEY THINK, not YOU.

If they think they're above average, then they are. There's no certain beauty that everyone should go by. -_- Everyone is different, and they'll think differently. (Thank God)

And did i say that it is not allowed? Being insecure is okay, being way too hard on yourself is another thing.

The point is I doubt that she thinks about herself that way. Putting up your pics on the net takes confidence so she at least feels that she's ok-looking to post her pics up and ADMIT that.

And yeah, what the topic-starter said above your comment.

That's pretty funny. Go take psychology, you need it; because obviously you don't understand people and their true intentions and thoughts. Don't want to? Then don't assume pathetic thoughts like those to bring people down.

Guest x_candyyy

there are days when i feel really pretty, and there are days where i hide in sunglasses all day. i don't think i'm ugly but it's kind of sad because i don't really feel attractive without makeup.

Guest Sassy Aux Fruits.

I think people think 7 = average because in school, 75%= B and B is considered an average grade

you sound really irritated, which is what I don't understand :rolleyes:

No, I'm not irritated, I just didn't get it.

Azngel @ Thank you for answering my post. I actually think your answer was trully helpful n_n

i don't have photoshop in my computer... i edited the picture from my cousin's photoshop a while ago when i went to her house... but if the blur change the way how i'm look, here is the original picture... i'm not posting my pictures to wait for people to say i'm pretty... i do have bad days and good days... sometimes i looks really ugly when i have lack of sleeps and my eating habits were all messed up... so plz understand :-)

176936485oz11.jpg

Guest aooketheapple

well my family always says im like super pretty because like most asians have a more squarish face and i have a like PERFECTLY oval face

but im short and i think a little chubby just cause everyone at my school are really thin :/

so i rated myself a 7

if only i could grow THREE more inches :D

Archived