Ko Joo Won 고주원

SixMyths08

Guest magmag

Many thanks [to xesre8 for sharing KJW's news on Mnet Scandal! Hi Hi to you too!

Did feel sour sour when he give her the peck but he's a gentleman so guess it's alrite!

Lucky they never exchange phone numbers (Hee...sorry)! :P

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@magmag: Hi hi, welcome here again..hehe i do feel a bit sour, but this is afterall a show. It may not be real...also it is quite common for male actors to hold/ kiss female actress...so i am still ok.

yeah, i totally agree, i don't really think JC suits him. haha maybe JC's sister suits him better. He seem to ask JC a lot of questions about her sister. :P

Guest piyochan01

@xesre8, thanks again for the mnet recap. i enjoy reading it. i was curious before what the voice over was all about now it all makes sense. i can only get the "birthday" word out of all the conversation :P

i got the link from cashewmaniakpop (the same link angeline_heart gave above) - did you watch the lie detector part? i wonder what question they ask KJW that he didn't answer honestly....

@magmag, welcome to the thread. plz visit often :)

@angeline heart yep yep i watch LGDT too - mainly becoz there is KJW in those parts. i thought the show was very funny eventho i don't understand it. had i known earlier that he's filming that section in vancouver, i would go there and visit :D

Guest piyochan01

does anyone know if foreigner can access KJW daum homepage? i have daum ID, but for some reason, i can't access his albatross link.

my guess is i have to keep posting to "upgrade" the membership status? :unsure: am i right xesre8?

@piyochan01: Hi hi, sorry been busy these few days so have not been updating this thread with photos. :( mi an ne (sorrry in korean :P) hey, thanks for enjoying..hehe but i am sure there will be mistakes here & there because some words have many meaning & i do not know if it is referring to the context accurately. Glad u find it useful for your understanding.

hmmm...regarding "Let's Go Dream Team", i jump the parts so i only stop at some parts which i think it was interesting. Have not really seen the "lie detector" portion. I will let u know & post my comments after i watched it ok? I am sure it will be amusing from the way u describe it :)

For cafe daum, yes u are right about the membership. They allowed foreigners, when u first enter, u are consider new member so surfing around is limited. U have to introduce yourself in korean under "Albatross ★ 특급 -> 등업신청" . After u did that, u need to wait for the cafe keeper to accept u, then your membership will turn into "family member", from here, u can surf everywhere around in KJW cafe daum. For KJW cafe, it is easy. For some other korean stars cafe, they have a list of questions for you to answer before they allow u to surf! It will be hard if you don't know how to read or type hangul. Unless you can find your way out via google translation? u can try & let me know the outcome. Fighting! ;)

Guest piyochan01

@xxesre8 no worries :) i'm sure you have other things to attend to. i will just have to wait patiently for your translation :D 화이팅!! (i hope this is the right korean word for "fighting") :P

thanks for the info on KJW cafe. i gave my introduction there, but how do i know if they accept it or not?

about LGDT, i finally saw the part where you said KJW dropped a hot pack. he said it calmly - so funny! :D

Guest angeline_heart

@angeline heart yep yep i watch LGDT too - mainly becoz there is KJW in those parts. i thought the show was very funny eventho i don't understand it. had i known earlier that he's filming that section in vancouver, i would go there and visit :D

oh you stay at vancouver?! wow! btw, I love the skating part where the lady gave him a kiss on his cheek, and the way he shout was so high tune, I just can't stop laughing at that part no matter how many time's I've repeated it...LOL!!! xD

and the part where he dropped the hot pack was funny too, he still remain calm hahahaha! at first I thought it was his handphone, cause been hearing them said "handphone"...and oh its actually hot pack, lucky~ xD

@piyochan01: Hi hi, sorry been busy these few days so have not been updating this thread with photos. :( mi an ne (sorrry in korean :P) hey, thanks for enjoying..hehe but i am sure there will be mistakes here & there because some words have many meaning & i do not know if it is referring to the context accurately. Glad u find it useful for your understanding.

hmmm...regarding "Let's Go Dream Team", i jump the parts so i only stop at some parts which i think it was interesting. Have not really seen the "lie detector" portion. I will let u know & post my comments after i watched it ok? I am sure it will be amusing from the way u describe it :)

For cafe daum, yes u are right about the membership. They allowed foreigners, when u first enter, u are consider new member so surfing around is limited. U have to introduce yourself in korean under "Albatross ★ 특급 -> 등업신청" . After u did that, u need to wait for the cafe keeper to accept u, then your membership will turn into "family member", from here, u can surf everywhere around in KJW cafe daum. For KJW cafe, it is easy. For some other korean stars cafe, they have a list of questions for you to answer before they allow u to surf! It will be hard if you don't know how to read or type hangul. Unless you can find your way out via google translation? u can try & let me know the outcome. Fighting! ;)

I also want to know what he answer during the lie detector part...haha! xD

you both are so lucky that able to join his daum cafe, as you told me before, everything is in Korean and I'm unable to type or read korean words...sigh....well, as long as I'm his fan here...:D :D

@piyochan01: did not noticed about your vancouver statement...wow wow...so far away from me...hehe. hmm...thanks for waiting, i will provide that "lie detector" part recap today! yeah, u are right on the korean word for "fighting"! As for cafe daum, u can try to log in the next day & if u can surf around, means u have been accepted! haha alternatively, u could also go back to the same place - Albatross ★ 특급 -> 등업신청" to see if the cafe keeper accepted u. Normally they will write something. I think they accepted you, check it out soon!

@angeline_heart: i have not finished even the first part of the dream team...sad. hopefully i will have time to complete it soon. So i did not watch the skating part :( yeah, i think i was amused by his reaction too, he seems so cool while the rest of them were so worried for him, thinking he could have drop his handphone! It's like how are you going to find it back if u drop something important??

regarding cafe daum, don't worry. being here is enough :)

Here is the lie detector part:

First qn: Is there any person in the Dream Team whom you don’t like?

KJW: No, don’t have.

(The detector shows truth)

Second question: I, KJW, was irritated by PD who keep talking during cumbersome filming? (sorry, not sure…hehe but this question is not important compared to the last one :P )

KJW: No

(The detector shows truth)

Third question: What KJW said until now were all lies?

KJW: No, it is not.

(The detector shocked him!) = meaning what he said above were all lies!!! hahahaha so funny!

Some photos recap:

KJW23.jpg

KJW24.jpg

KJW25.jpg

KJW26.jpg

KJW27.jpg

KJW28.jpg

KJW29.jpg

i hope i have not shared this...nevertheless, i am sure u will still enjoy it. :)

kjw34.jpg

kjw33.jpg

kjw32.png

kjw31.jpg

KJW30.jpg

An update by Jazzholic's in the blog:

Go Ju Won finds virtual dating difficult

Hottie doctor, I mean actor Go Ju Won may appear to be a little ’stiff’ on “Mnet Scandal”, but here he explains why he finds it ‘difficult’ to pretend dating on national television.

1063989442348535420111.jpg

Go Ju Won finds virtual dating difficult?

The quiet, observed man, actor Go Ju Won appeared on Mnet reality show called “Mnet Scandal”, where male celebrity got to date a ‘regular’ (mostly rich) girl for about a week (7 days). If you’ve seen him last week, you might have the same reaction as mine, “Why is he so awkward?” and especially if you’ve seen Alex also, the difference is black and white. With Alex and his ‘girlfriend’, they got off pretty easy going and familiar. It was like they are not pretending too much to be dating on TV. But with Go Ju Won, the awkward atmosphere and mood were everywhere until maybe day… 4? 5? I can’t really tell.

There’s an article explaining why he did what he did. So apparently the Korean media caught up with it and interviewed him about the show. Go Ju Won explained, “I find it very difficult to pretend dating on TV, especially since she’s a lot younger than me – 8 years younger.” And he said he has friends who are younger, or colleagues but never on a private meeting (a.k.a ‘date’) like what he had to do on “Mnet Scandal.”

The producers of the show said that the fans can finally see the ‘real Go Ju Won’ on the second episode where they went out to Busan and spent 2 days 1 night with friends. It is indeed a different mood altogether when he was among his friends and hers. It seems as if he soften up a bit and relaxed when he’s not just the two of them.

Thanks to sistagirl2003 for informing the KJW fan club under Yahoo groups.

Guest piyochan01

oh you stay at vancouver?! wow! btw, I love the skating part where the lady gave him a kiss on his cheek, and the way he shout was so high tune, I just can't stop laughing at that part no matter how many time's I've repeated it...LOL!!! xD

and the part where he dropped the hot pack was funny too, he still remain calm hahahaha! at first I thought it was his handphone, cause been hearing them said "handphone"...and oh its actually hot pack, lucky~ xD

angeline_heart, no, i don't live in vancouver. i live in northern california but vancouver is not far from me. i used to go there often but not recently. but if i knew KJW was coming, i definitely would have gone there :P it was soooo close ~sigh~

yes yes, i watched that part too - i guess it's a consolation price for getting a C :P

i just found out apparently they announced the casts coming on minho's thread, but i wasn't a fan of him so i wouldn't know anyway. i wish they had posted on KJW's thread too. arghh, imagining all the canadian fans were stalking minho, song jong ki, & danny, our KJW must be all by himself.....hmmm....no one's talking about him??? darn, missed the good chance!!! LOL

you both are so lucky that able to join his daum cafe, as you told me before, everything is in Korean and I'm unable to type or read korean words...sigh....well, as long as I'm his fan here...:D :D

i cannot read and type korean too actually. i used a web translator :P there was a tutorial on how to sign up for daum ID, but i think the thread was never updated. when i signed up long time ago, i did a lot of guessing, but hey it works LOL

Guest piyochan01

@piyochan01: did not noticed about your vancouver statement...wow wow...so far away from me...hehe. hmm...thanks for waiting, i will provide that "lie detector" part recap today! yeah, u are right on the korean word for "fighting"! As for cafe daum, u can try to log in the next day & if u can surf around, means u have been accepted! haha alternatively, u could also go back to the same place - Albatross ★ 특급 -> 등업신청" to see if the cafe keeper accepted u. Normally they will write something. I think they accepted you, check it out soon!

hehehe, i don't live in vancouver, but it's not far from where i live. where do you live?

finally, i was able to surf kjw cafe!!! yayyy!!! i heard he has official fans club in korea...is it this cafe daum or the cyworld? i always got confused the difference between the 2.

thanks for speeding up the translation on the lie detector :) so that's what it was :D no wonder everyone was laughing. i was too eventho i didn't understand what the question was :P

thanks again xesre8

@Hanjae welcome to the thread and thanks for the news :) i read it's going to be historical drama...i'm not really into period drama, but i will watch it if there is KJW (yes, i'm biased!!!! LOL)

Guest piyochan01

dreamteam1.jpg

LGDT cast & UBC hockey team

there were other pics taken with vancouiver fans as well...

credit: vanchosun.com

Guest Hanjae

@ xesre8 and piyochan01

Thanks for the welcome! :D Yes, I became a fan of GJW after OB/GYN and currently trying to track down some of his past dramas. It's impossible to find all of Famous Princesses though, so sad.

I like historical dramas, but I only had a passing interest in Kim Soo Ro until they casted GJW :lol: Looks like we'll all have to watch it now, LOL. He apparently plays a jealous and bitter character who's half-brothers with Soo Ro and wants the throne for himself, so we'll get to see him trying something different. I think he's played nice characters so far in all or most of his dramas.

@Hanjae: I do not have much interest in historical drama but if it has positive review & good feedback, I don't mind watching it. I thought KJW's new role is a good opportunity for him to prove his acting skills, i really hope his popularity will improve after this. Regarding famous princesses, are u looking at torrent download or online viewing?

@piyochan01: thanks for LGDT cast, i love clear & sharp photos of KJW :P Pls post them if u have more...i am drooling for more.... :D I am from Singapore, so if u are from northern california, u are far away from me. Congratulations on your signing up at KJW's cafe daum! I hope it was fruitful for u! My guess is that cyworld is his blog & cafe daum is for his korea fan club? Hey, i thought we were stalking on KJW too hehe :P At least this thread is moving with some of his updates now.

Btw, some updates: I noticed KBS world started "The Dream Team Season 2" this Sunday at 4.30pm Singapore time. In another few more sundays, I think they will show the canada episode which KJW is in. It was subbed, so if anyone of u wish to know what happen, u could stay tuned to KBS world every sunday.

I love this new photo. Got it from baidu.

kjw35.jpg

Enjoy!

Guest conduongmuathu

Actor Ko Joo-won cast in upcoming series "Kim Su-ro"

Reporter.Yun Tae-hui Editor.Lucia Hong

2010041910424164950_1.jpg

Korean actor Ko Joo-won [Asia Economic Daily]

Korean actor Ko Joo-won has been tapped to star in upcoming MBC weekend series "Kim Su-ro," according to Ko's agency Open-World Entertainment on Monday.

Open-World announced through a press release that Ko will be playing the role of King Ijinashi, the first king of state Daegaya, a major chiefdom of the Gaya confederacy during the Korean Three Kingdoms period.

Ijinashi was in constant battle against King Su-ro, the founder and ruler of the state of Geumgwan Gaya in the 5th century, to be played by actor Ji-sung.

"Ko's clean-cut image fits the role of Ijinashi very well," officials with the drama said. "He is also an actor who can act with his eyes so he will be able to portray his jealousy toward King Su-ro through his eyes perfectly." "I am excited about playing Ijinashi and hopefully, I will relay the inferiority complex he feels towards Kim Su-ro well enough that the audience will be able to sympathize with it," explained Ko.

The traditional epic series, a 20 billion won blockbuster also starring noted actors Yoo Oh-sung and Bae Jong-ok, is set to air in late May after "The Man Called God" finishes its run.

Ko Joo-won, whose real name is Ko Young-chul, made his debut in the SBS drama "Punch." He became a familiar face on the small screen with his roles in "The Infamous Chill Sisters," "My Lady" and recently in "OB & GY."

Reporter : Yun Tae-hui th20022@ Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Credit: rubie@news thread

Guest Hanjae

@Hanjae: I do not have much interest in historical drama but if it has positive review & good feedback, I don't mind watching it. I thought KJW's new role is a good opportunity for him to prove his acting skills, i really hope his popularity will improve after this. Regarding famous princesses, are u looking at torrent download or online viewing?

Me too, hopefully this will be his big break! Can't wait til he's a regular for lead male roles in dramas. The cast for Kim Soo Ro's looking pretty good at the moment, but whether the story's any good remains to be seen. Sageuks about Gaya are unusual.

For Famous Princesses, I found the first 20 eps on streaming, but I'm looking to download the whole thing English subbed. I've seen a few trading sites that had all eps on DVD, but it'd be hard to get someone to trade you 27 discs or so :P

Archived