Guest Putri Raja

@all, I don't mind to see Eric in every roles but honestly not be paired with early 20s. The feeling just seems not right. The girl can't balance Eric's sexyness… :D. But if we don't have any choice, then doesn't matter…^^
http://absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/11-08-30-kim-dongwan-broke-up-with-his-girlfriend-because-of-hedwig/

Here I found one article about Dongwan….and I just a bit surprised that he broke up with his girlfriend just because of Hedwig's role. DW seems really ambitious to be recognized as an actor and this is the only one reason I see now why he quit from Shinbang, started from end of season 1 (Still upset that Shinbang forced to be ended…I miss Shinbang….TT….TT). He praised Eric leadership but I just hope that he could help Eric more in the future. I mean to say, focus on solo career is ok, but please help other member to taking care of your beloved group too than just travelling around. Eric was in charge of external matter, then selecting songs, then involve in rap's lyrics, some lyric composer and some vocal directing too (?). So, when he'll have time for his own??? Personally, I'm a bit dislike Minwoo's personality till now (sorry), but he and JJ seem to be the member that really understand and helping Eric when he needs help. 
On YT, I saw DW clip of him receiving award and some comments comparing his acting with Eric and said DW deserved more than Eric because DW isn't just pretty face and less talents that easily gain popularity. I just like…WHAT???? Eric isn't just pretty face. He can act. Even better than dongwan (sorry to say). And it's not his false if he's easily to recognize because his good looks. Stop comparing them both (again I couldn't handle my emotion… :(
@Phi, hahaha…my friend told me about your confusion…She's the one that introduced me to Shinhwa and we went to their concert together.  I use her twitter account a lot because originally I asked her to create twit account special for Eric. I should create my own soon…or we can just still share…because it's fun to see people confuse… :P
I realized myself can't be SHCJ because my love for Eric just much more than to the other members…I'm sorry guys...

@PutriRaja, Can you give me the link to such comment? who is more deserving? who act better? Excuse me but does she realize Dongwan was a child actor before when Eric isn't and who's better actor/actress is not all objective.  Not all pretty/handsome faces are talentless.  Talent is often born with or acquired through learning, training & experiences... the later is the hardest part than being born with with.  Being handsome / pretty is not a crime.

That's what I had said all along.  It's easier for Dongwan to focus to his acting because he doesn't work on Shinhwa, unlike Eric & Minwoo.  It's like he goes do what he like and comeback to Shinhwa when things are ready to go for another comeback.  Exactly why I think Eric is stupid spending his priority to Shinhwa instead of focusing on his own solo career.   That's what he gets, that kind of comments :-t  :-t  :-t  :-t

DW was lucky with Mr. Kim that's all.  Some other actors had better acting but didn't get award... so what's with who is more deserving than who?

Hmm...I honestly think Dongwan does a better job with serious roles, while Eric excels in comedy. Lol. I know I shouldn't be comparing, but hey can't be pushed away easily. I think they're both equally deserving of recognition!!

@lhjj, just because Eric does more comedic/rom-com than serious ones doesn't mean he can't do well with serious roles.  He did really well in non comedic roles like Phoenix, Que Sera Sera, Wolf (as little as 3 episodes that there were).  Obviously it's a different kind of serious than Dongwan's roles are... Dongwan's serious roles are all hardship/distress kinda serious.  He hasn't taken on comedy, or sageuk, or badass roles while Eric hasn't taken on those hardship/distress roles so comparing them is really apples and oranges.

On Saturday Night Live, Dongwan couldn't hold off and kept laughing during his serious skit (the opening one) and I really don't know what was so funny... lol

Such comments really pisses me off.  As an Eric's fan, I voted for Donngwan last time for the popularity award (winning based on votes) because he's part of Shinhwa, not because his acting is more deserving than any of those nominated.  Seeing his fans saying Dongwan deserve winning award more than Eric (even if they were not even norminated against each other) makes me feel very disappointed voting for Dongwan last time.  As a fan (regardless biases), we should all be happy every time any of Shinhwa member win any thing rather than dissing who's more deserving to win awards..... ppffffff

Guest newshen857.

Wooah, went away for a day and what I see here are  some good news and some lively discussions :) 
It is  good news that the Leader has been offered a drama series, for me the point is not whether he will accept it or not, but even though he is away from the small screen for the last three years and that his last dramas did not even really fare that well in the ratings, producers are still knocking on his doors to get actor Mun in their projects. 
And of course, don't let me start with the fans. He hasn't accepted the role yet and fans were already agog for his supposed comeback. All these only prove that Eric Mun is loved, respected and admired.His reputation as a singer,  an actor, the leader of one of the  pioneering K-pop idol groups and most importantly as a legend in the K-pop industry is already made and unquestionable.
As for Dongwan's and Eric's acting careers, I think Dongwan's image of "Everyman" is an advantage for him since he can play the role of a regular guy and in fact, if I am not mistaken most of his roles are dramatic roles because his looks fit the image the characters asked for. It  has always been said that it is so easy to appeal to the emotions of the viewers than tickle their funny bone. Meaning, it is harder to make people laugh than make them cry.  Likewise, his roles are always the underdog, you know how people love to root for the oppressed. 
As for Eric, his roles are more varied and I admire him for not even afraid to tackle the roles in QSS and SMW, which are both not really very likeable characters and full of flaws. I think Eric should have won an award for his role in QSS, the drama for me is one of the best ever produced in Korea. His portrayal of his character is so fluid and real that you will forget it is Eric from Shinhwa you are watching. TV dramas for me is supposed to be an escape from the humdrums of daily life but QSS lets you in to the real world. Because of his deadpan humor, Eric is also very funny. I caught the reply of his historical drama Mighty Chil Woo and i found it very entertaining and funny, however, it not your usual historical drama, perhaps this is the reason why it did not fare well in the ratings, Koreans were not yet ready for such kind of historical comedy. 
I think Eric being handsome is his stumbling block for some people to still believe in him as a good actor as people's penchant to associate good-looks with being without talent persist. He has so many achievements, and yet even other actors and actresses will gush over his good looks, so what can you expect from regular fans. However, I think Eric's strategy of looking for variety of roles will help hack away this mindset. 
Lastly, ( sorry this has been a very long post, I am actually developing a headache right now for being too verbose:) I don't think we should pay attention to the so-called "fans" comparing the acting of Eric's and Dongwan's. I don't think they are  real fans of Shinhwa because those kind of comments would only cause dissent. Those are saboteurs, so envious of the legendary group's support and bromance that they are out to destroy them.  A real fan will never pit members with each other as the success of one is the success of the entire group.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just stating my opinion. I'm a fan of Shinhwa, so I support both of them equally, although I follow Eric's dramas more closely. Lol.

I'm not saying Eric isn't good at serious roles, I'm just saying that he does best in comedies and I love that. There's nothing wrong with excelling at one thing over the other. If it upsets you what I say about Eric I'll try to be mindful. We're all mature fans.

Those who say Dongwan is more deserving and what not are probably oblivious to Eric's talent. They just need to watch his dramas to know how deserving he is as well.

Guest newshen857.

Hi @lhjj, please be assured that I am not alluding to you as those "fans" comparing Eric's and Dongwan's acting :) I am referring to the so-called "fans" whose comments were read by @putri raja on YT  ( i hope i got it right). 
You @lhjj is a "superstar" and I don't think you will never achieve that level if you don't love those six dorks :) You, @putri raja, @innasalvatore, and @phi are some of the reasons why I decided to join here, even though I have gotten a lot of flak and teasing from most of my friends for publicly expressing my opinions about our fave group. I always told them,  Shinhwa is my escape from the bad news we often get to edit. It makes me a more balanced person and not so jaded as before :) 

Guest Putri Raja

@all, my apologies to start the heavy discussion about DW and Eric's acting. It looks like I always start non sense thing to be discussed in this thread. First about MW, then DW. I'm sorry… guys...I think we don't need to continue this discussion, because it makes us full of emotion…  ;). They both have talents in acting and I'll support them (but, still more for Eric^^). But, what makes me disappointed is DW seems priotize his own solo activities and there are some people still keep thinking Eric just using his looks. BUT, of course as an outsider, I don't know exactly the situation. This all just my opinion referring to his interview itself. If you wanna see that link, I'll give you later after on.
So, have a nice day all…..^^

@Ihjj, Psssttt, I also say “Ameen” for your secret praying. :D

If, I say If… If Eric is ask my opinion what kind of genre I wish him to take a part then my answer is a drama like Phantom (So Ji-sub’s  role) or Two Weeks (Lee Joon-Gi’s role). How I wish him to challenge himself for such kind of role instead cocky playboy or bad guy turn to good guy. On year of 2014, that’s kind of role is so yesterday!

But, Eric is only considering the offers if the project didn’t against Shinhwa’s schedule. Meanwhile such rare opportunity won’t come every day.

So, right now I think I need to lower my expectation. As long as he appears on my screen, Trot Lovers is also okay. :-D

@Phi, Well I just learn from Eric that Vacation is vacation. :-D

Regarding the co-star, honestly I wish for Eun Hye but if PD has another candidate should be no problem. As long as the actress is suitable for the role. I agree that Eric’s partner for mature actress instead young actress who just knows how to smile & plays Aegyo. :-p

Just like you I also glad if he’s coming back into the screen this year. No Shinhwa activity and also no news about Shinhwa Broadcast, I’m afraid people will slowly forget about Shinhwa. Well, I know the other members have the activity but none of them can replace Eric’s charms, right? Just like Minwoo said, “that eric, this eric,” even Andy can be mistaken to eric by Ahjumma in street. :-D

@PutriRaja, C’mon let’s compare “Apple to Apple” not Apple to Banana. Both Eric & DW are totally different actors with different acting field. For me both are talented in each drama field.

I can’t bring myself to imagine DW said “do you smell something burning? My heart is burning right now.” toward his co-actress at Firebirds. :-D

Or, shall I imagine Eric plays as Lee Yook Sa (The Peak)?

Those comments that DW is better actor that Eric is very pathetic.  My advice to you, better avoid such people. You deserve to meet better people to talk or discuss about Eric. :-*

A Gentle reminder :-)

Eric:

2004: MBC Best New Actor & MBC Popular Actor Award

2005: MBC Best Actor, 41st Baek Sang Arts Popularity Award & 41st Baek Sang Arts New Actor Award (3 awards on same year!)

2006: SBS Best Actor & SBS Netizen "Best Male Actor"

Dongwan:

2005: KBS Drama Awards Best Actor

2007: SBS Inkigayo Mutizen Award

2012: KBS Drama Acting Awards Best Actor in Daily Drama

2013: 49th PaekSang Arts Awards Popularity Award (Film) & Korea Drama Awards Excellence Actor

See, both of them are good actor.  :D :D :D

@newshen857, yes… we have a lively discussion here. Come join us, the more the merrier :-D