Guest Putri Raja

Hi guys..I'm new fan of Shinhwa especially Eric. I just knew them recently (around 2 months ago). I was searching randomly about Yoon Eun Hye (because I do like her) and I found Eric was playing 'Dangyunhaji' game in Xman variety show. Actually, I'm Indonesian, and taking my PhD in Seoul now. I really admire Eric's talent and personality. He's quite (but at the same time also has this kind of weird and sense of humor) and always show really good manner. I asked my labmates about Eric. They said Eric is really famous in Korea because of his handsomeness (natural handsome, without plastic surgery, I confirmed that case with my labmates..^^) but not his talents..(they said his talents just so..so..) hahaha..May I ask something? I really want to see Shinhwa concert next year. How do we know the schedule, ticket, etc? And is it possible to send such kind of letter to one of Shinhwa member (in this case Eric)? 

@Putri Raja
, how objective can one be?  Eric is not super talented but seriously, any of the members (or most idols) can rap like him?  How many idol rappers have many collaboration with mainstream hip hop artist & underground rappers like Eric?  He's an awesome rapper.

He may not be the best actors out there but I become a fan not because he was handsome in Super Rookie but Actor Mun did.  I didn't even know he's from a boy band when I watched Super Rookie to be honest. Just because your co-workers think he's so so, others don't.  Well, other friends of mine got very different opinions about that when they chat to other Koreans while they were there.  He's well respected there 

Frankly being handsome really is a burden for Eric.  People only see that and discount everything else.... I guess this is perfect time to repost this comment from Mnet PD Han Dong Chul

Question: You’ve been working on a music channel for 10 years now, what do you think of the idols these days?

PD Han Dong Chul: In our country, because of the existence of idols, for no valid reason there is some level of reverse discrimination. Take for example Eric, who’s serving his military duty now. We’ve been friends for 10 years now and he raps really well. I’m not just saying it, his rapping skills are recognized by everyone in the hip-hop genre. However as he’s part of the idol group Shinhwa, the general public seems to be unaware of his true talent. ~ 2009.09 Ceci Magazine

Credit: AbsolutShinhwa

and I quote this from the translator: "Not all goodlookers are talentless…  The troubles of being a hottie~~~ LOL"  Could not be more true.

Throw in some collabs, just because...

Hurts (Shinhwa 10th Album)
Rap by Ric & David Kim, Korean Lyric & Vocal Directing by Eric
Eric tried a new style of rap in here

http://youtu.be/yOuk9_GNOIc&hd=1

Liar (Shinhwa's 7th Album)
Composed/Arranged/Lyrics/Directed by Eric

http://youtu.be/IcmoSIG79Do&hd=1

Nostalgia - Yozoh & Eric (Brown Classic)

We Rock - H-Eugene
(feat Shinhwa Eric, San-E, Ha Joo Yeon, Hoony hoon, Master Chang, Pinnacle the Hustler)

http://youtu.be/B0VUtY3bIRo&hd=1

D.O The New Classik
(feat. Epik High, 김진표, Joosuc, 이준, Shinhwa Eric, Cho PD, 김창렬, Vasco)

http://youtu.be/u8OtN0aLImA&hd=1

Most Wanted - Joosuc (feat. Shinhwa Eric & Wheesung)

http://youtu.be/mk2WpPblIfo&hd=1

and there are more, too many to list lol.....

2013.11.04 [Real Pics] Shinhwa Broadcast Filming - EP03 (Noodle House)

This was Eric's delivery to Jessica Nail in Osong
So lucky this girl. She screamed her head off when he walked in...
I wonder if the part Eric got a manicure will be shown on Shinbang. :)
And of course the bunny siggie is a must ask before he got out of there

821903665.jpg?1384517172

821903971.jpg?1384517260

821904439.jpg?1384517382

821905233.jpg?1384517595

821905805.jpg?1384517750
Credit: Jessica Nail + Yujiny87@Naver + Phi@UBEric

Hyesung's model (S-line) pose in the middle ;;)

BZGiLzfCUAAtsnq.jpg:large
Credit: mystery0627

BZIJTcbCIAA6X64.jpg:large
Credit: 아이러브오송 cafe & 피노키오 @ 6senses + malpabo

BZFhorbCEAAxcY9.jpg:large
Credit: sevenwayticket

Guest Putri Raja

Dear Phi, thank you for your informations. I do agree about Eric's acting skill and rap. Different people has different opinion. He was hillarious in Super Rookie and could be totally 'bad person' in Que Sera Sera. Only these two drama I've watched. Eric's rap is superb. I like his collaboration with Lyn (This is the end, ost of Diary of June). This was the one that I listen before I knew him as an actor and Shinhwa member. I think, Eric's basic voice also can be considered as the 'smooth, heavy and deep' one for become a singer. His vocal could be recognized easily. It will be nice if he try to sing instead of rap only. I watched some of Shinhwa's variety shows such as Xman, love letter, etc. It seems like Eric always became a top spot in those varieties. He such kind of golden boy. Even without trying too much. I think all of the scriptwriter of those varieties in love with Eric...(haha..just kidding). This is only me but sometimes I feel Eric seems lack of confidence. 

@PutriRaja, The collab with Lyn Diary of June OST  are also a nice ones.  His deep voice is suitable in certain songs but I like it most when he raps. To me he's a full blown rapper than a singer.  I don't know if the scriptwriter in love with him or not but for sure camera men/women do (not just variety but talk shows also). :) It's ironic he said he hate camera focus on him yet camera ppl love him any way (may be editors too?) XDD  His some times lack of confidence probably stems from hatting camera focusing on him... it's cute sometimes when he looks shy & nervous like that ;;)

Other than that I love how he's well manner & polite with people around him. The way he greets people & introduce himself, well manner & very proper. I love how he often initiate handshakes. Didn't realize this till I was chatting with another long time Shinhwa fan (an M stan lol). It started with this set of photos of Eric at SBS 2006 Award Show. 

BY3WlbMCMAEIJSI.jpg:large

BY3WXrQCEAARoHw.jpg:large

BY3Wq9ZCEAAg6IU.jpg:large

BY3WdjvCAAAQe1A.jpg:large
Credit: myestery1627

We both love this Gucci outfit cus it's a nice change from the same old black suits... but most importantly the way he wore / carried it. Awesome & spunky.  I said when he's in good mood XDD then she Shinhwa boys show up at awards, they seem to just brighten things up w/laughs (aaah these fun loving people <3 ).  She said she loves how when any of the Shinhwa boys show up at awards, they seems to brighten things up with laughs.  I said only when Eric is in good mood XDD then she said she doesn't remember seeing seen Eric in a bad mood before, maybe tired or nervous or shy, but never in a temper. She meant she's seen all Shinhwa members having their bad mood day but not Eric. Make me realize I don't remembers seeing that either.

Not saying he can always be calm & cool but at least when they're in public, he can stay calm & collected.  When Shinhwa was in Singapore in 2012 for concert, they had sound system difficulty, Hyesung & Dongwan were really upset for most of the 1st part of the concert... Wan even threw a water bottle from the stage.   A fan said one of her fav moments at the concert was "Eric quietly putting his arm over Dongwan, who was upset about his earpiece, and lightly squeezing his shoulder^^ ".  It's nice seeing such subtle display of support to his members when they're in bad mood in public.  It's so subtle, most people would miss or not even realize

Love his scrumptious smiles & roaring laughter :-P

BY3fDYMCYAALV0L.jpg:large

Chicken Mania Photo Updates

BWxKP9jCIAAiOMa.jpg

BXUixkYCAAAKtgv.jpg

BXQLc_vCIAAnzvr.jpg

BWr-EHYCAAANegB.jpg

BX0AmHvCUAAF-Ne.jpg

BWSKxyVCIAA28Md.jpg

BX4mRTWCIAAJkhx.jpg

BX5Jjb_CIAA8DUE.jpg

BYSSTJ7CEAAG7Nn.jpg

BYS8REYCIAA6sd3.jpg

BYYIAEPCQAAaoI6.jpg

BYctjNKCIAEGa2b.jpg

BYiZzkhCAAAx5FP.jpg

BY8FyobCAAE4c06.jpg

This photos, can you spots the mini Shinhwa members and recognize who is who? :P
The result is in the following pic

[Chicken Mania Twitter November Event Round 3]
Chicken Mania’s Twitter event is here~!
Try to tell us how many Shinhwa images are hidden in the image below~^^;
*The Eric standing at the bottom should not be counted!*
Please tell us how many there are + RT~♥

(trans: ShinhwaStuff tumblr)

BZArCxPCEAAFB-7.jpg

So there're many mini Jinjinies :\">
I see no Andy... These latest 2 pics came out after the incident  8-|

BZFxbzUCUAA63ji.jpg
Credit: CKMania

2013.11.15 ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ delivers jjajangmyun in yellow training suits; what’s going on?

tumblr_inline_mwaah6E1sk1spcm04.jpg

Shinhwa transformed into motorcycle men delivering jjajangmyuns of love on ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’.

On the episode of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast - The Little Legends Found by Shinhwa’ to air at 11 PM on November 17th, Shinhwa was caught delivering jjajangmyun in Bruce Lee-type yellow training suits.

For their second little legend journey, Shinhwa headed to ‘Hong Kong Great Restaurant’, which is located in Ohsong, Chungbuk. Mr. Lee Dohan, who runs the restaurant, has been giving out jjajangmyun in charity events for senior citizens and the disabled once every month since 2001.

After receiving a tip through SNS, Shinhwa traveled to the ‘Hong Kong Great Restaurant’, and as soon as they arrived, changed into yellow training suits and started to deliver, serve, and clean at the venue.

The Shinhwa members were spotted this day all around town delivering jjajangmyun on motorcycles. Those living in apartments near the restaurant recognized Shinhwa, and Hyesung and Jun Jin happily answered every call for pictures.

The second journey of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’, ‘Jjajang of Love’, will air at 11 PM on November 17, Sunday through JTBC.

Source: jTBC News
Translation: ShinhwaStuff tumlr

=======================================================

It's said that RicDy are in charge of cooking, M for serving and JinSung do the delivery
From the teaser, Eric did delivery too, at least to Jessica Nail hahaha

Hyesung's spin kick at the martial art class, I guess his knee is healed?
I don't remember he had gone for the surgery since his fall from 2012 concert. Or may be a surgery isn't needed after all?

2013.11.17 “Shinhwa Broadcast season 2” Shinhwa opened a chinese diner? At ease with dough making - delivery “LOL”

The Shinhwa members opened a “Shinhwa diner”.

On JTBC “Shinhwa Broadcast - The Little Legends Shinhwa Finds” that airs 17 November, 11pm, they met with a little legend that has been doing charitable work with “jjajangmyeon of love” for more than 10 years. In this episode, the Shinhwa members each helped the little legend with the running of the Chinese diner by dividing up the work responsibility, such as kitchen and hall, delivery etc.

tumblr_inline_mwe0a6OiyV1rb7x3v.jpg

As it was the first time the members were trying out such work, with the sudden influx of a large number of customers, they seemed flustered with just taking one order.

Also, as the busy mealtime approached, the flood of delivery calls resulted in a series of errors, such as delivering to the wrong address or making duplicate deliveries etc.

However, although they were clumsy with making dough to cleaning onions, stir-frying jjajang, hall serving, collecting bowls etc, but they showed their experience as they finally calmly and orderly got a hold of things.

Together with the 2nd little legend, Shinhwa’s brilliant story through “the Shinhwa of Jjajangmyeon” can be seen this Sunday, 17 November, 11pm on JTBC “Shinhwa Broadcast - The Little Legends That Shinhwa Finds”.

Source: Newsen
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

===========================================

Not quite directly related to Shinbang but The Korea Communications Commission ranks jTBC #1 among the new cable TV networks (jTBC, MBN, Channel A & Chosun).  They were ranked based on financial stability, program content and management. - (Source: JoongangDaily)

Healthy company gives stability to their shows. <:-P

Another filming pic... not sure why this one is so 'milky' XD

1424427_612518452141947_1857514514_n.jpg
Credit: ilovesong cafe + BestShinhwa

Phi, thank you so much for you news and updates!!! What would become of this thread if not for you constantly warming it up!! You make me wanna come here everyday. Lol.
Honestly, I wasn't always attracted to Eric. I thought he looked VERY handsome in 2000, but that was it. LOL. It wasn't until last year with their comeback that I felt his attractiveness. I realized then that this guy is one of the most handsome Korean celebs. SERIOUSLY! Anyway, my point is, I disagree with those who think he's famous for his looks while his talent is so so. HE is a celeb who won me over with his acting, rapping AND his KILLER SMILE all before I realized his handsomeness! I have a confession, even though I wasn't nearly attracted to him as I was to Junjin, I LOVED his smile, I've always did and I still do!!! I just love it so much. He really has one of the CUTEST and most HANDSOME smiles in Korean ET. It melts me heart. Wow, I'm sidetracking again. See, what he does to me? LOL. So, yes, Eric is very talented in acting and rapping. I fell in love with Mun Jung Hyuk the actor in "Korean Secret Agency," and I fell in love with Eric Mun the rapper in Shinhwa's song "Time Machine." His acting is not the best, but he's got a unique addition of quirkiness to his characters that only Mun Jung Hyuk has. Sometimes I cringe when he raps in Engrish, but that doesn't take away the fact that Eric Mun has one of the sexiest, if not the sexiest rapping voice; it's low, deep and has a tone that can lead to eargasim, if that makes sense. LMAO. Point in case, not only does Eric posses such exotic handsomeness, he's an exceptionally talented artist in rapping, acting and marketing. LOL.
I will be very sad if I don't get to see Eric act in a couple more years. I LOVE Shinhwa, but I LOVE me some Mun Jung Hyuk too. Lol. I think Shinhwa should comeback every other year, so each of the members can have some time off vacationing or branching into other things. JUST my opinion.

I miss for not being here for such a long time...but RL is killing me right now...I hardly even have time to read any entries here on soompi...
I agree with you...I love Shinhwa und my Minbong before I loved Eric...it was his acting that made me fall in love with him...since then I can't take my eyes off of him...kekeke...and of course his smile and his heartfelt laughter, especially when he is together with his Shinwha boys...I have to laugh along with them.. :)) :))

But lastly it's the full package of the man "Eric" that's keep my love for him alive...there is yet another man to come and take his spot away...(says a woman who changes "her" men every other year...hahaha....) No seriously, this is truly one fine man (with all his quirks^^).

Guest Putri Raja

Honestly, I don't like KPop. Only Shinhwa. Not just because of Eric. But their's songs, lyrics, choreography, talents and friendship make me interested to know more about them. Even their old songs were fantastic. And more interested when I knew Eric is the leader of Shinhwa (too biased^^). Eric Mun is the one who get me into Kpop. I watched Yoon Eun Hye's drama coffee prince before. That's why through Eun Hye I found Eric. Still hoping Eric and Eun Hye will have chance to work together. I like them both. I think Eric always change his hair style. I don't know, but I don't like if his haircut too short like this time in Shinbang. Still handsome, but I prefer a bit longer like in Love letter or during venus promotion. It suits him more. 

@hljj, @limanh, @Putri Raja
wooopp me love you ladies for sending some love :)))

I always has this feeling if the 'praises' coming from an Eric stan, ppl deem it not as legit cus biasness XD  Any way, you all said what I have thought about Eric.  For me I like some one not because he/she is the most handsome/pretty or tallented or or good like a saint... I just like cus I and that person(s) can connect some how.  Just like I said before, Eric & Shinhwa are the only one that broke the 2-years crush on a celebs/groups... Not that I don't like the previous crushes any more, I just don't follow their news as much as I used to. 

@Putri Raja, I love Eric in both short or long hair cus it give diff feels... he looks more charming, dreamier with a bang & a longer hairstyle while the short, no bang or swept-up bang gives me the sexy vibe. It show off all his handsome facial features well.  That said, it's been quite some time since he spots a longer hairstyle, I kinda miss it and wish he'll go back to that for a change :D

Ihjj said:
I will be very sad if I don't get to see Eric act in a couple more years. I LOVE Shinhwa, but I LOVE me some Mun Jung Hyuk too. Lol. I think Shinhwa should comeback every other year, so each of the members can have some time off vacationing or branching into other things. JUST my opinion.

Awesome gifs Phi! I love them. I personally love his short hair. Especially during their Yo! promotions and the last two years. The slick back hair makes him look suave and handsome. Whereas the long hair gives him a wild look. Lol.

2013.11.18 Shinhwa members deliver Jajangmyeon on ‘Shinhwa Broadcast 2’

In the November 17th episode of jTBC ‘Shinhwa Broadcast 2’, the Shinhwa members collaborated with a charity organization for the ‘Sending hearts with Jajangmyeon delivery’ event, as they showed their love by becoming delivery drivers and sent Jajangmyeon to customers.

20131118144456_5289a9581968a_1.jpg

For the event, Eric was in charge of kitchen duties (Andy too lol), while Lee Min Woo took charge of the store front. Jun Jin and Hye Sung meanwhile became delivery drivers.

Jun Jin and Hye Sung drew much laughs as they committed silly errors while delivering the Jajangmyeon to customers. The two actually sent orders to a same place together, or simply delivering it to someone who never ordered Jajangmyeon in the first place. Hye Sung for example couldn’t find the specific home despite being in the correct area, and showed his flair for not being able to find directions accurately. Despite their numerous goofs, Jun Jin and Hye Sung never gave up, and eventually delivered the Jajangmyeon to the correct recipients. They also gamely posed for photos from those who wanted to take photos with them.

Part 2 will continue next week, and be sure to tune in to jTBC at 11PM (KST) every Sunday

By: Jo Hae Jin @ Korea Star Daily
Copyright: KpopFighting.com

here's the bigger version of that Eric pic XD

1451444_374093666058675_360495645_n.jpg

me gif spam time :P

Who said 30 is old?
These high energy kids when it's play time
:D

tumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o1_250.giftumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o2_250.gif
tumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o3_250.giftumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o4_250.gif
tumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o5_250.giftumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o6_250.gif
tumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o9_250.giftumblr_mwg4tuW7uI1sgejw0o10_250.gif
Credit: cy13sh tumblr

tumblr_mwgb9ekbQ11qeekpyo1_250.giftumblr_mwgb9ekbQ11qeekpyo2_250.giftumblr_mwgb9ekbQ11qeekpyo3_250.gif
Credit: sehunswag tumblr

Minwoo, the missing "Hwa"

tumblr_mwfjall1nj1qgjshno1_500.gif
tumblr_mwfjall1nj1qgjshno2_r1_500.gif

Precious moment #2

tumblr_mwg4kuiTga1qgjshno2_250.giftumblr_mwg4kuiTga1qgjshno1_r3_250.gif
tumblr_mwg4kuiTga1qgjshno3_r1_250.giftumblr_mwg4kuiTga1qgjshno4_r1_250.gif
Credit: carmendove tumblr

Hyesung is with Jinnie. Andy’s with the owner. And I’m with the onions.

tumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo3_250.giftumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo6_250.gif
tumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo1_250.giftumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo4_250.gif
tumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo5_250.giftumblr_mwhfdxMQZ81r4lvtoo2_250.gif
Credit: fantasyung tumbr

Cute CEOs cute!

tumblr_mwg3n8DVGk1r0yog8o1_400.gif
tumblr_mwg3n8DVGk1r0yog8o2_400.gif
Credit: masterdalmateforu tumblr

what better than a dance intro, Shinhwa style that is.........

tumblr_mwg4xppBZs1sgejw0o1_400.gif
tumblr_mwg4xppBZs1sgejw0o2_250.giftumblr_mwg4xppBZs1sgejw0o3_250.gif
tumblr_mwg4xppBZs1sgejw0o4_250.giftumblr_mwg4xppBZs1sgejw0o5_250.gif
Credit: cy13sh

Little Legends song...
The 30+ ahjussirs so cute, my toes curled

tumblr_mwgcb95rVv1s6uimwo1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mwgcb95rVv1s6uimwo2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mwgcb95rVv1s6uimwo3_r2_500.gif
Credit: heart-shinhwa tumblr

It's just adorkable & sweet.........
Deserve a big gif, as big as it can
:D

822479304.gif?1384738586
Credit: gbfla1916@naver + Phi@UBEric

That's it for now. Wrap this up with this screen cap cus it's bed time for me too 
:-*

BZY1KhwCYAEHUz9.jpg:large
Credit: ETric_我们都Classic了 + 0vcmiumiu