2016.07.04 'Oh Hae-Young Again' Eric and Seo Hyeon-jin's high jump kiss is the best one minute

Eric and Seo Hyeon-jin's high jump kiss has been chosen as the best one minute from "Oh Hae-Young Again".

Also, one of the most popular scenes include the scene where it was revealed that Ye Ji-won's nickname was Isadora. The special episode of tvN's "Oh Hae-Young Again", 'Oh Hae-young Again – Records on Saturday' on July 4th aired bloopers and explanations for each character.

The special episode has chosen the high jump scene as the best one minute from the entire drama. In the scene, Oh Hae-young (Seo Hyeon-jin) flew from the sky to Park Do-kyeong (Eric Moon) and was hugged in his arms.

Also, the scene where Oh Hae-young (Seo Hyeon-jin) explains to her boss Park Soo-kyeong (Ye Ji-won) how she earned the nickname, Isadora.

Source: osen.co.kr/articl + via Hancinema

• Like 2

[ENG SUB] Another Miss Oh Special Episodes 

The original script had Dokyung (Eric) to lean over the hot burning grill to kiss HaeYoung (Hyunjin) but he said that would burn his chest hence change to coming over and turn her chair toward him and kiss.  *cues Phoenix’s infamous burning line* XD

See the BTS of that part (around 1:35 mins)

Watch the 2 special episode with English sub at any of these sites below.

DRAMAFEVER: (US & Canada)
Part 1:
dramafever.com/drama/4883/18/Another_Oh_Hae_Young
Part 2: dramafever.com/drama/4883/19/Another_Oh_Hae_Young

DRAMAFIRE:
Part 1:
dramafire.com/another-oh-hae-young-special-1
Part 2: dramafire.com/another-oh-hae-young-special-2

MYASIANTV:
Part 1:
myasiantv.se/drama/another-miss-oh/episode-19
Part 2: myasiantv.se/drama/another-miss-oh/episode-20

Source: EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

2016.07.05 [Interview] Eric leaves behind Park Dokyung from ‘Another Miss Oh’ ① 

“I hoped ‘Another Miss Oh’ would have 100 episodes.”

Eric did it again. He protected that difficult title of ‘RomCom King’. 2 years after KBS 2TV’s “Discovery Of Romance”, he made his comeback with tvN’s “Another Miss Oh”, and showed an even more realistic romance.

‘It’s something I had’, ‘You look pretty when eating’ etc, he made the hearts of women flutter with just a few words. Eric himself also said, “Amongst all the characters I have acted, ‘Another Miss Oh’s’ Park Dokyung is the best guy.”

- I heard all of you watched the last episode of ‘Another Miss Oh’ together
“Yes. We all gathered together to watch. We even drank till 6am the next day because we felt sad at the drama ending. And that’s why at the wrap party I drank slowly. (laughs) Now that it’s over, it really feels sad. It’s a drama I hoped would go on till 100 episodes. The other actors think the same too. It’s a drama where everything came together perfectly. Even those that were unintentional, everything was really well done, so from an actor’s point of view, honestly, I do feel a little like I chanced upon it.”

- If you were to give a concrete example?
“For example, when Hyunjin and I were holding hands and walking on the beach, our hands looked like it formed a heart shape. The viewers might think it’s detailed acting but it was unintentional. Luck favoured us. I’m just thankful for all of it.”

- You’ve done plenty of ‘romance comedy’, was there anything special you gained from this?
“Park Dokyung in ‘Another Miss Oh’ has some character traits that are what I think a cool man should have. I have unintentionally acted in many roles as a playboy or a man who acts cool, and I have always done my best but objectively, they aren’t cool characters. But Dokyung is different. Although everyone hopes to make themselves stand out, he just sincerely treats the other party well, and silently. I think that’s cool.”

- In that case, is Eric similar to Park Dokyung?
“We do have some similarities. To put our synchronisation in numbers, it will be about 80%.”

- How are you like in a relationship?
“Like Dokyung, I don’t like to show off. We might have misunderstandings but if you express your affection often, it’s okay. There’s just no actual mention but I express it often and become cute.”

- In the drama, you went with Seo Hyunjin to the beach, then returned to Seoul late at night, and Seo Hyunjin screamed, that scene left a deep impression. How would Eric have felt?
“I fully understood how Dokyung felt. She was someone he truly loved, and if you cherished Haeyoung like how Dokyung did, that was something possible.”

- Which scene left the deepest impression?
“Initially I thought it would be the wall kiss but thinking carefully, I think it’s when Hyunjin flew over and landed in my arms. I actually thought we’re doomed when filming that. We filmed that from sunset to sunrise. Hyunjin filmed that while being hooked on the wire for a few hours. It was really hard work but watching it on set, without any sound, it looked awkward and like a comic. But watching it on the broadcast, it became a classic scene with the addition of the music. I had a hunch the drama would be a success after watching that scene. Initially I thought if our ratings hit 3%, that’s considered a success but I got more ambitious after watching that scene.”

- Were there any difficulties while acting?
“It was difficult because it was a kind of acting I’ve never tried before. So I put as much trust in the staff as possible and went with it. In the past, I thought I have to express and explain everything because I didn’t know how it would look when I was acting but I realised that if I left some blanks in my acting, the edits or music would fill up those moments and can make an even better drama. The credit really goes to cinematographer Han Donghyun. The visuals were really outstanding. I only found out afterwards that he had watched mine and Hyunjin’s previous works. He created the best scenes by studying the correct angles for each actor. My face is rather long, and my eyes, nose and lips are quite large so I might look weird depending on the angle but he knew that very well. Which is why I think the credit really goes to him for making the scenes look beautiful and full of chemistry. I’m thankful to him.”

- You and Seo Hyunjin were senior-junior in SM.
“I remember her but we seldom met and didn’t have any particular episodes. Which is why it felt like I met a new actress through this drama. The only thing I remember was when Dongwan was eating with the actors in ‘The Peak’, and I went to see him, I had exchanged greetings with Hyunjin then.”

- It must feel special to witness Seo Hyunjin’s growth.
“All the actors like Hyunjin. She’s always so energetic. She always brightens up the atmosphere on set, despite lacking sleep. In this industry, it’s especially hard to make yourself stand out but Hyunjin even makes those around her stand out. They say you feel twice the happiness when someone like that does well, and I think that describes Hyunjin exactly. Hyunjin is ‘an actress that can do anything’. From her character to acting, she has no flaw at all. I hope she does even better in future.”

- In the drama, you can see the future. If you were to have that ability in real life, is there something you’d want to see?
“I was asked the exact same question during our script reading, and I had replied I’m curious to know how we would look during our wrap party. I said I think we would be laughing and because it really became reality, so I’m really happy.”

sr: Xsportsnews
translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

• Like 1

2016.07.05 [Interview] Eric, a man that once again writes a ‘RomCom’ legend ②

From 2004′s “Phoenix”, to “Super Rookie”, “Wolf”, “Que Sera Sera” etc, Eric has always shown powerful acting. As the original ‘idol who acts’, at the end of his endless hard work, he has become ‘actor Mun Junghyuk’.

Eric first tried out a traditional romance comedy through 2014′s “Discovery Of Romance”, then shook the hearts of women through 2016′s “Another Miss Oh”. Through the enthusiastic acting of the actors, “Another Miss Oh” crossed the 10% rating wall in its last episode, not only setting it’s highest rating record but also rewriting the history of tvN’s Mon-Tue dramas. Despite being amongst distinguished actors, Eric didn’t let go of his “RomCom King” title, and I became curious about this man’s charms.

- Compared to your previous characters, Park Dokyung in “Another Miss Oh” isn’t one that shines from the start.
“Initially, we received the script up to episode 4, and I didn’t feel like the male lead’s charm could be shown. But I did feel like the script itself had a lot of elements that made the drama fun. I did wonder if it might become distracting if we had too much of those elements. The set-up of seeing each other in the same room, two people with the same name, seeing the future etc, it felt like all the elements that make a really good drama were present. So I thought, if they were well-balanced, the drama would do well. When choosing a drama, I often ask from advice from directors I’ve worked with. And I was told, he hoped I would be able to work with this director. So I put my trust in that and did it. It just happened that I was watching “I Need Romance 2″, where Jung Yoomi appears in, at that time and Jiseok appeared. Because they told me he was doing the drama too, so I was more determined to do it. Kim Jiseok was a great influence.”

- You still remain as the ‘RomCom King’ despite being in your 30s. What’s your secret?
“To be honest, it isn’t ‘still’, it’s just something that relates to ‘Discovery Of Romance’ and ‘Another Miss Oh’. I’ve only acted in two traditional romance comedies and I’m really thankful to be called ‘RomCom King’. ‘Phoenix’ is what most people remember Eric for and so, ‘Another Miss Oh’ is a drama that I’m grateful for in many ways. All the while, even though I liked the drama, the ratings or reception from the public has always been lacking, but ‘Another Miss Oh’ satisfied all that. It was great on set, the results were great, there was no accidents, atmosphere was good, ratings were good, everything came together perfectly.”

- What does ‘Another Miss Oh’ mean to Eric?
“It is meaningful to me in many ways. It’s career-defining. What all the actors were saying at the wrap party was that they wouldn’t be able to easily choose their next drama. There is sadness at having to leave behind this drama but it is more because they know it would be hard for the next drama to exceed ‘Another Miss Oh’.”

- If you were to choose a line that surpasses ‘Don’t you smell something burning’ from ‘Phoenix’?
“A lot of lines are memorable but it will have to be ‘It’s something I had’. I liked ‘You look pretty when eating’ too.”

- It feels like you’re focusing more on romance comedies recently. Is there a special reason for it?
“That seems to be it when I look for what I like. It’s true that romance comedies suit me but there’s also a practical reason. Having to be both an actor and a singer at the same time, I cannot go all in with acting only in my scheduling. Romance comedies are the most effective when holding two different jobs. Also, truthfully, when viewing things through the TV instead of in the theatres, I feel like there isn’t a need for large-scale action scenes. I liked showing emotions through the TV screen.”

- Your dressing during the wrap party was the talk of the town. Didn’t you come out of Park Dokyung too quickly?
“That is actually the true Eric fashion. It might look too pleasantly plain but to be honest, the wrap party is for the staff who have worked hard together with us. There’s no reason to dress up nicely. It was a comfortable gathering.”

- The Shinhwa members too were very supportive, sending snack cars, posting on SNS etc. What were their reactions?
“Minwoo watches all my dramas. This time, the other members too said they are following it too. Jinnie said he wants to be the next to send a coffee truck, after Dongwan but on-set support had been stopped at that time. Which is why it’s really unfortunate but I’m thankful just for the thought alone. Also, the set for ‘Boys 24′, where Minwoo and Hyesung film at, was next to the set for ‘Another Miss Oh’. So we often went around.”

- ‘RomCom King’, you must have also thought about dating and marriage.
“Since I am at the age, I should do it but I have no plans right now. Things have to be right but they can’t seem to be. Don’t I have to date first before marriage. I don’t even have a girlfriend.”

- Will your next drama be a romance comedy too?
“Shinhwa’s promotions will probably come first. After that, it’s quite likely my next drama will be a romance comedy but what comes first should be an interesting drama isn’t it? I just hope it will be just a fun and enjoyable as this drama was.”

sr: Xsportsnews
translation by malpabo.tumblr

• Like 1

This is cute and hilarious!

2016.06.30 Shinhwa Eric Mun Spotted on IG: Grandma told me to behave well

1ST PHOTO:

Think I got a boyfriend
You know Dokyung-ee, Park Dokyung.
Let’s have a picture
#Drama #TVN #AnotherYooEeSeul (t/n: probably her name)
#ChungDam #Bardot
#Daily #Eric #Eruic
wow #I'mDone

https://67.media.tumblr.com/b4efd8f24dd85497fa086136fb12efaf/tumblr_o9qpt4mxSB1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

2ND PHOTO:

My grandma..
Didn’t know #Eric

So today I became
naughty girl.
She told me to behave well 
:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:
#Grandma #So #Chic

Reply from Grandma:

Who is this guy  Behave well.
Alright.  You naughty.

**Note: This was also on the day Eric did the interview for Oh Hae Young with Sport Donga.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/d9ac83e004159c004cd1fa42e91a0384/tumblr_o9qpt4mxSB1qckmvno2_r1_1280.jpgSource: 1, 2 + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

2016.06.30 Shinhwa Eric Mun Spotted on IG: It was like Park Dokyung treats Oh Hae Young’s mom

I told him just not to mess this photo.
“Let me stand few steps back.”
But he did this consideration for me.
It was like Park Dokyung treats Oh Hae Young’s mom.
#OhHaeYoungAgain #ParkDokyung #ERIC #ConsiderateMan #HopeHeSuccesses #HeSaidShinhwaComesFirst #Shinhwa

**Note: this was on the day Eric did the interview with Sport Donga on the ending of Oh Hae Young Again drama.

tumblr_o9qq9kXoAD1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

Source: soyowc + translation by EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phi said:

sorry late reply.  The Hanbok thingie was because some news portal calling Eric's hobo style and Heo Jeongmin (he played Eric's brother in the drama) outfit to OHYA wrapped up party as fashion terrorist hahaha I guess they were shock with Dokyung going back to being Eric (casual comfy/hobo/hiphop style).  I don't see how neither outfit was that bad to be called fashion terrorist at all.

Any way, here's the group chat convo. The yellow bubble is Heo Jeongmin, Gayeong is Eric's stylist.

Hi Phi, thanks for explaining about the hanbok thing.....Also, thanks for sharing this group chat. :P

• Like 1

I've been pretty active in OHYA couple forum for a while. I think fans started too much delulu. Not complaint though since their chemistry is no joke on screen and they were several times spotted side by side and always disappeared together while others having fun. I must say, I also one of those who think something going on between them. BUT, they already gave official statement that nothing happen NOW. So, I think I just can say, I believe in them. If there will be somehing really going, we can see some clues later on. Even not get from journalists, perhaps from fans/ non fans sightseeing just like what we saw Eric before. 

I still can't believe this drama despite the huge popularity will interfere too much Eric's private life. He even can't enjoy his vacation properly. Whether in the airport, looking around and so on. I still hope he could attend TvN awards (if he get some nominations). But I'm not sure if it crash with Shinhwa comeback. Anyway, I hope he can enjoy his rest time before again busy for preparing Shinhwa comeback and some deals with administrations/ contracts for their appearance on TV programs or concerts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phi said:

wow this thread is awfully quiet. :tears: :tears:

I've been traveling and can't get access to the forum.  It keeps giving me cloudfront errors....  once in a blue moon I can get in after numerous try

Thanks @willenette @Sue and @innasalvatorefor updating the thread.  I'll try to catch up soon.  So hard with updating many places and while on the road.  

That dating news is just really bad timing.  Can't they just let them have a good vacation?  Funny thing is they source some one from a chinese site? and saying Eric & Hyunjin been dated for 2 months?  It's like the start of the drama lol how crazy.

I don't know if they have feeling for each other or not, I'm glad the reaction from K-net & I-net are generally very supportive of this if they're a couple.  I love these two and definitely support them.  Though some comments from i-netz are super delu hahaha  There's a convo saying Eric looked pissed off when they came back from Phuket compare to the happy face when he left Seoul for Phuket and that was because he's heart broken.  It's funny that a pissed off face only means "heart broken"... can it be he's pissed that the rumor is false or unfounded????   Then they also went on saying may be because he's pissed that he had to break up with Hyunjin because the management made him...  lol I'm guessing they don't know Eric is his own management, no one can force him.  I guess these people don't know Eric till Another Miss Oh... But still the pissed because heart broken is the funniest thing XD

Phi, the cast had already returned from their rewarded vacation yesterday & I've seen that they're both wearing black - hahaha. I heard that they came out of the arrival terminal separately.  Well, I'm not surprised why this kind of rumor came out although it's a false report. Eric denied this, right? But, whoever that lucky girl will love on the future I will also support.....I hope he could find that special someone again soon who could get to take care of him & love him. :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phi said:

[ENG SUB] Another Miss Oh Special Episodes 

The original script had Dokyung (Eric) to lean over the hot burning grill to kiss HaeYoung (Hyunjin) but he said that would burn his chest hence change to coming over and turn her chair toward him and kiss.  *cues Phoenix’s infamous burning line* XD

See the BTS of that part (around 1:35 mins)

Watch the 2 special episode with English sub at any of these sites below.

DRAMAFEVER: (US & Canada)
Part 1:
dramafever.com/drama/4883/18/Another_Oh_Hae_Young
Part 2: dramafever.com/drama/4883/19/Another_Oh_Hae_Young

DRAMAFIRE:
Part 1:
dramafire.com/another-oh-hae-young-special-1
Part 2: dramafire.com/another-oh-hae-young-special-2

MYASIANTV:
Part 1:
myasiantv.se/drama/another-miss-oh/episode-19
Part 2: myasiantv.se/drama/another-miss-oh/episode-20

Source: EricMun.tumblr

Phi, thanks for sharing these clips & the links. I feel happy that Eric’s drama is one of the most searched terms of 2016 so far in Google Korea site!  It just proves the popularity of the project. :P

I love Hyunjin she seems to be a nice person but some of the imaginative things that some shippers said make me uncomfortable:  Eric is the one that chase this relationship. The reason is he looked pissed at the airport so he's heart broken because he's forced by management to deny/ break up/ date underground).  He was praising Hyunjin a lot.  He wished the drama to be 100 episodes so he can film with Hyunjin... WTF??!  

You people know me how much I ship this couple but man, Eric's stoic face isn't rare BUT, can he look pissed because the rumor isn't true?  It has to be heart broken?  He is his own management/CEO of Shinhwa Company as well as E&J, who could force him?  Eric praised Hyunjin a lot because she deserves all that praises plus he also praised other co-stars and production staffs.  Obviously more with Hyujin since he filmed with her the most.  For the 100 episodes wish, it's just to film with Hyunjin? LOL Did these shippers skip the rest of his interviews?  He loved the nice atmosphere of the whole production, not just one single person.  Hyunjin is mood maker of the set, and so were Youngji, Ye Jiwon... and others as he also mentioned during presscon and interviews.  It's the WHOLE team.

It's so hard not to ship Eric & Hyunjin as their chemistry are so good on screen or off screen.  She was so smitten around Eric during the BTS as we had seen, and Eric was very comfy throwing jokes with her.  Eric is chasing Hyunjin.... LMAO being nice can be troublesome when things are taken out of context just for the shake of the ship.   It has become sour for me with all this crazy richard simmons delu shipping

PS: also, those shippers suggested that Eric / E&J paid off the news outlet so that the rumor didn't come out lol then why it came out any way if they paid off the news peeps?

• Like 2

An admin of Seo Hyunjin's Thailand fanclub scolded the Eric's Thai fanpage saying she "distort" the news when she translated the Mnet's article mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/106715/shinhwas-eric-denies-dating-co-star-seohyunjin-k-drama-news  saying they're dating how could Eric's Thai fanpage distort the news.   And she also said Eric was in Phuket, how can he deny the rumor.  LOL does she know texting, email, messages, SNS, Line.... exist????  How hard is it for E&J staffs to contact him before releasing official statement.

Eric chasing Hyunjin?  They're the 1st to shot down the rumor and Hyunjin company also did too.  I hope the rumor won't make them akward with each other and keeping a good friendship.   But man these crazy shippers making me throw up at their creativity.

• Like 2

I am new in this thread and I really want some place to rant so I apologise beforehand. 

This is my first time liking Eric with a Co-star but the way other shippers have reacted (with insane theories and stories they have came up with) has totally ruined this couple for me. I thought I was being a bit delusional but these guys really take the cake. If you ship them together don't take it too far it's annoying. 

• Like 2

Okay guys....I think we should just think about the positive impact of this shipper things. Both Eric and Hyun Jin did very great job in their roles in OHYA. I still hope they become real couple (and I believe they have something going on since Phuket trip is really suspicious LoL) but even not, I hope they can stay as friend. And I also hope Eric could get something from this drama. Something means awards. And his collection of awards from Tdifferent TV stations will be more XD. I have some hope that Eric will give us something after the drama like he did after DoR such as photobook and such. But seems he's getting so busy for Shinhwa comeback in October. I just hope he gets enough rest. 

We need to move to another part of his career this year which is SHINHWA COMEBACK!!!!!!

I hope they will appear in many many shows during promotions. How I wish the show like Shinhwa Broadcast will happen again...

• Like 1

On 7/8/2016 at 2:31 AM, willenette said:

Phi, the cast had already returned from their rewarded vacation yesterday & I've seen that they're both wearing black - hahaha. I heard that they came out of the arrival terminal separately.  Well, I'm not surprised why this kind of rumor came out although it's a false report. Eric denied this, right? But, whoever that lucky girl will love on the future I will also support.....I hope he could find that special someone again soon who could get to take care of him & love him. :P

yes I think I read some where that Eric came out first then about 10 minutes later Hyunjin and some minutes later all the remaining cast & crew came out.  It seems as if they talked about this before hand didn't they? XD  Yes Eric's mgmt release the statement first then Hyunjin's and both denied the rumor.  Some are speculating they denied so it's not jeopardizing Hyunjin's upcoming projects as well disturbing Shinhwa's upcoming comeback.  So they rather denied the rumor and date underground.  No one knows the truth but it's a speculation that is possible.

I love these 2, they seem to be compliment each other well.  But yes, whoever be the future Mrs, I always support.  We don't live with him 24/7, she does. So he gotta be happy with his choice of partner, most and foremost.  :)

On 7/8/2016 at 11:22 AM, angela2011 said:

I am new in this thread and I really want some place to rant so I apologise beforehand. 

This is my first time liking Eric with a Co-star but the way other shippers have reacted (with insane theories and stories they have came up with) has totally ruined this couple for me. I thought I was being a bit delusional but these guys really take the cake. If you ship them together don't take it too far it's annoying. 

It's ok to drop your rant here XD  Same with me.  I don't think I ever like any of of Eric's co-stars as much as I do with Hyunjin.  It's not that there wasn't good chemistry with previous co-stars, it's just that there's so much more with Eric-Hyunjin on & off screen.  But some of the stuffs said by shippers after the dating rumor came out and denied (and I don't mean the soompi thread) makes me (and lot of other fans) speechless.

Speculating that they denied the rumor so it doesn't jeopadize both of Eric's & Hyunjin's upcoming activities and so they chose to deny and go underground dating... that is a good possibility. But some shippers went far to say he's forced to deny by mgmt, should leave Shinhwa and move to YG since they don't restrict dating... paid off reporters to stop dating news, Eric was crying so he had to wear sunglass... all the stuffs that I had said in the previous posts... is just too much.  I don't mind shippers gone a bit pervy, but the other stuffs really are crazy speculations.

I still lowkey ship these 2 even if they denied the rumor.  Whatever the future holds we'll see :) 

btw, Shinhwa is coming back in October!!!!   They must have prepared quite a bit by now since it's just about about 3 months away....

• Like 3

160709 Shinhwa Reportedly Aiming For A Comeback Before End Of Year

O.G. idol boy group Shinhwa is reportedly aiming for a comeback before the end of the year.

The upcoming album marks their 13th studio album since debut and will be their first activity altogether as a group since their concert in March of 2015.

According to a source, nothing has been set in stone, but the members of Shinhwa are aiming for a comeback in October and began comeback prep a month ago.

For the past almost two years, the members have been focusing on their individual activities. Eric recently wrapped up tvN drama “Oh Hae Young Again.” Members Kim Dongwan and Jun Jin has also been focusing on their acting but with an emphasis on films.

Lee Min Woo, Shin Hye Sung, and Andy have been focusing on variety shows. Lee Min Woo and Shin Hye Sung recently appeared as judges on “Boys24,” and Andy is part of the cast of JTBC’s “Ask Us Anything,” among other shows.

Stay tuned for updates! Are you looking forward to Shinhwa’s comeback?

Source (1) + via Soompi

• Like 2

[Interview] Eric, “18 years before I knew it, winning is surviving till the end”

When looking at the self-improvement books that line the shelves in the bookstore, there are times where I would perversely wonder, ‘What right does this person have to say this and that?’ But it is different when, unlike ambiguous advice given through words, someone who has experienced something or has solidified his position in a specific field tells me something directly. That is the reason why I nodded with certainty when Eric, who is the leader of 18-year group Shinhwa as well as an actor, said, “Winning is surviving till the end.” In a world where idols are short-lived, Eric is not only the leader of group Shinhwa, who is reaching their 20th year soon, but is also establishing his own characteristics as an actor. He is an advancing celebrity.

“Despite being in the industry for a long time, I don’t usually think, ‘What more should I show.’ If I’m Shinhwa, it’ll be Shinhwa, if I’m an actor, it’ll be an actor, I just do my best in what’s given to me. Above all, I’ve been active while thinking, ‘Winning is surviving’. I just want to promote with something good, be it as Shinhwa or as an actor. I’ve never wanted to gain in popularity.”

He gained much recognition as actor Mun Junghyuk through MBC’s 2004 drama “Phoenix” but said, “I prefer the present to back then. To be honest, though I received a lot of love during ‘Phoenix’, I wasn’t acting a character I could sympathise with,” showing his satisfaction with recently-ended tvN drama “Another Miss Oh”.

“‘Another Miss Oh’ is a drama that everyone, from young kids to our parents’ generation, can enjoy watching. Just looking at those around me, my mum’s friends are fans of the show. I don’t know when I will be able to act in another drama where I can be loved by people from such a large age group. The love story with Oh Haeyoung was good but personally, Oh Haeyoung’s family story left an impression on me. It was heartwarming.”

In “Another Miss Oh”, Eric played the role of sound director Park Dokyung, in his mid-30s, who got involved with 2 women, both named Oh Haeyoung, and properly showed off the charm of a male lead in a romantic comedy. He made Park Dokyung feel like a real boyfriend through his natural gazes and handling of lines. As a singer who acts well, Eric has consistently acted in romantic comedies, with MBC’s “Que Sera Sera” (2007), KBS2′s “Discovery of Romance”, thereby establishing his own unique romance acting.

“The character Park Dokyung, instead of saying it was difficult while studying him, it was actually harder acting him. He isn’t one to show his emotions. So instead of expressing Park Dokyung’s clumsy expressions of emotions through my facial expressions or my lines, I tried to make it match with the music and visuals that the producers created. The producers of ‘Another Miss Oh’ are really strong with the visuals. They studied all my past works and studied which angle made me look better. The reason why we had to film overnight even though we didn’t have a partial script was because the staff were pursing a high degree of completion.”

Eric called Park Dokyung ‘a cool guy’. Is Eric better at relationships than Park Dokyung? He said, “Park Dokyung is much better” but also tried to make slight appeals to his own charms.

“Of course Park Dokyung is much better. But we are similar in some ways. (laughs) In how we treat women? Dokyung takes care of her without showing doesn’t he. It’s the same with me. Marriage… of course it’d be nice to get married but it isn’t something that can be done through my will alone. In the past, it looked kind of cool to be a dad so I wanted to have a family quickly but now that I’ve grown older, reality has hit me. Regardless, Park Dokyung is a life-defining character for me, to the extent I feel like I want to be in a relationship, and ‘Another Miss Oh’ is a drama that became a turning point. I’ve never experienced a drama where there were no accidents, the atmosphere on set was good and even the ratings were good too. I’ve always worked under opposite conditions. (laughs) This was good in various ways.”

Although the interview started with talks on the drama and acting, the ending turned into ‘Shinhwa’.

“I don’t know about my next drama yet. My fans keep asking me to act in a psychopath role but why do my fans like that? (laughs) For now, my second half of the year will be focusing on Shinhwa’s comeback.”

sr: Sports Donga
translation by malpabo.tumblr

• Like 3

Eric spotted at the resort in Phuket.  The girl is a tourist who was waiting for her airport shuttle and saw Eric.
She said he came by a few times...

Eric photobombed his manager and the drama staff :lol:

Lucky one got Eric's bunny autograph :) 

• Like 1