Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest sikkony

yeah it helps a lot :rolleyes: thank you so much.

but i cant go swim, i love swimming.

i had practiced breathing 30 exhale only ( is that right?) :sweatingbullets:

instead of swimming, can i just use the sink to practice my breathe?

my aunt said she could let me in the vocal class in college, but i'm not sure about what she said,she might change her mind like crazy right after that :sweatingbullets:

i can sing ( short hand wrighting) Do R M F S L T D R M F Sol, and that's it

i think because i have to sing the high notes and i also release alot of air to make it sounds louder, so that's why my voice 's craked

the intructor always says that the solfrano( i dont think i spell it right) is too weak but we have many people ( alot of them just lip sync, they move thier lips but voice stays in side thier throat, i think), then i use all my energy to sing loud, hehehehe,

i know it's not good,because i can hear my voice on the mike ==> speaker,

my sis said when i sing the high note and loud ( choir) my voice sounds sour ( translate 100% from vietnamese) ... like so ichy to hear, the ears are just cant accept that voice( it's horrible), i cant describe it.

and i have breathing problem,

do you know when the dogs, after they fighting or running they breath so hard, and ever open thier mouths to breath, and the sound is just like HUH...HUH..HUH... that's waht my sis describe me when i work out, exercising or, dancing joking aroung with her.

so when i dance i cant sing.

( did i write too much? sorry about that i'm a talker

i never be honest like this before, telling people my negative side)

You don't need to swim to increase your lung capacity. Nor do you need water :P

You can though, use water haha~

Normally, without going into the fuss of trying to avoid drowning all you need to do to exercise your lungs, is just everyday do breathe exercise. Now if I remember correctly (I don't remember the exercise well because I don't care about it and obviously, never did them!), to exercise your lungs on exhale (that's breathing out), you breathe out until you feel everything is gone within your lungs (you can literally feel it), and hold it for I believe 8 seconds. For inhale (breathing in) you do the same through your mouth (I believe from memory) and hold for 20 seconds. Repeat both 20 times a day.

Soprano*

Voice sounds bad*

I think your sister is just teasing you about the panting like a dog joke :P If you really are panting like a dog just by mucking around, maybe you could keep yourself fit by constantly exercising. I'm not sure on this last line, as I'm not a fitness instructor/doctor haha~ :P

Guest myanh_tran

You don't need to swim to increase your lung capacity. Nor do you need water :P

You can though, use water haha~

Normally, without going into the fuss of trying to avoid drowning all you need to do to exercise your lungs, is just everyday do breathe exercise. Now if I remember correctly (I don't remember the exercise well because I don't care about it and obviously, never did them!), to exercise your lungs on exhale (that's breathing out), you breathe out until you feel everything is gone within your lungs (you can literally feel it), and hold it for I believe 8 seconds. For inhale (breathing in) you do the same through your mouth (I believe from memory) and hold for 20 seconds. Repeat both 20 times a day.

Soprano*

Voice sounds bad*

I think your sister is just teasing you about the panting like a dog joke :P If you really are panting like a dog just by mucking around, maybe you could keep yourself fit by constantly exercising. I'm not sure on this last line, as I'm not a fitness instructor/doctor haha~ :P

thanks so much, wow that would help

thanks so much, there is joke between my sis and my

Guest Fook You

@br4d: tbh I think I saw some Rode models in there...maybe the NT1000?

@` k s: Uh...the way you channel your air through your vocal chords...hm...I don't know how to describe it at all ><. Not quite sure...Well...in terms of directional air flow...like...it should feel like your singing is...well, for one, not strained, it should come easily and feel natural. I can't really put it into words...but you should "feel" your sound and vocals kind of...flow upwards? Omg, I feel so nerdy, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. You should feel your sound move in a similar form as the graph of y=x^2...Yeah...I know...silly/nerdy way of explaining it but it's the only thing that comes to mind >_>;;;;.

As for composing!! Omg I would love a thread or section dedicated to just mixing, mastering, composing, arranging, and all that jazz. Personally I'm a noob at that stuff but I've been reading stuff but it's hard when it's all over the place.

@kakasensai: Sadly, I don't think there is. If there was one, I don't know how it would work either. :(

@myanh_tran: Oops, I guess I didn't describe it correctly. Swimming not as in going in the water, but the mechanics and skills learned in swimming. Swimming, as a workout and sport, really pushes your lung capacity plus your breath timing. For instance, Butterfly stroke, Freestyle, Breaststroke; these are all so intense on breathing. You get like...a split second to breathe when your head comes up, and the entire time you're exerting full force and you can't do that without sufficient lung capacity or oxygen.

So I didn't mean just holding your breath in the water haha. Sorry if you misunderstood. Just meant that swimming is a good physical workout for the lung capacity problem.

Guest kakasensai

Hmm no problem if there isnt any program but hmmm....

How should I start practicing to get better? Like in steps whats first whats next etc? any idea's?

I know that lots of artist joined choir to get there voice better and move on...O.o

Guest __daanii.

Hey guys, thanks for clearing up the questions in here.

I got a question for all of you.

Is there a program where you can make your own instrumentals?

Like it comes with the instruments? Sorry if that was confusing.

Thanks, if you end up helping me out. :sweatingbullets:

EDIT: Thanks, kakasensai.

Also one more question: I know there are some free instrumentals out there, as long as you give credits,

however, is there one that you guys really recommend? Thanks =]

Guest kakasensai

GookAddict: There is certaintly a program to make instrumental's but unfortunately I dont know any at this moment.. Sorry

I have another question... I want to become a Korean/Japanese Music Artist but my voice isnt so good at this point so how exactly should I start? Like in steps that I mentioned early.. Does anyone know how I should start? I know choir is one choice but yeah.. If anyone knows pls help thanks^^

I don't know how to reach those upper notes.

This may sound crazy and a bit dumb but...

Squeeze your butt(NOT with you hands -____-""")when you wana reach high notes

Thats what i learn during my choir days

Guest teukstrid

What program to use to create a song into instrumental?

Goldwave doesn't allow me to use anymore....having the same situation as YSB...

I use both Magix Music Maker(the program costs) and audiacity(free).

Guest kakasensai

So how exactly should I start about going to improving my voice...

I really want to learn how to but how should i start? Should I sing along with different music, Im aiming for korean and japanese music I can read the romanized ones some what.. DBSK-Balloons thats easy I can follow it...

Anyone got tips on how I should start?

So how exactly should I start about going to improving my voice...

I really want to learn how to but how should i start? Should I sing along with different music, Im aiming for korean and japanese music I can read the romanized ones some what.. DBSK-Balloons thats easy I can follow it...

Anyone got tips on how I should start?

There are a lot of things to know before you start singing. You can always learn along the way, but when you know the basics early on it'll help you from making mistakes. If you cant take music class or get a vocal teacher then I really suggest you to read what you can online. There are a lot of things that can educate you on singing. From what I believe though, is that you can only improve so much by your self. If you want fast and good results I suggest getting a Vocal Teacher, thats if you get a teacher that knows what he/she is doing.

And I think singings foundation is all the same, doesn't matter which language, but I personally would recommend you to sing in the language you speak only because you are familiar with the way it sounds and how to say it correctly. There is more to singing than just singing.....if that even makes sense haha! What I mean tho is that once you are able to "sing" then you will need to learn other techniques that helps from putting too much pressure on your vocal cords. I don't know, there is so much that I'm just typing what comes to mind, but there is so much to learn that it is unbelievable! heh

I guess you can start on basic scales, with hums and then lip trill or tongue trills on a 5 tone scale. oh man there is so much exercises but I think that will get you started. Just look on youtube for Eric Arceneaux, I think i spelled it right. He has a few videos on there that will probably get you started and give you an idea about singing.

And I'm not sure which pages its on in this thread, but I posted a few things back that might be able to help. I would try to find it for you, but I'm sick and I'm sorry I couldn't go into more detail (trying to someone to give me a coin rub haha), and if all of this sounds like a crazy person talking you'll know why.

Good luck and don't give up when it gets tough! and hopefully I'll get some time soon to give you some helpful links :D

Guest kakasensai

There are a lot of things to know before you start singing. You can always learn along the way, but when you know the basics early on it'll help you from making mistakes. If you cant take music class or get a vocal teacher then I really suggest you to read what you can online. There are a lot of things that can educate you on singing. From what I believe though, is that you can only improve so much by your self. If you want fast and good results I suggest getting a Vocal Teacher, thats if you get a teacher that knows what he/she is doing.

And I think singings foundation is all the same, doesn't matter which language, but I personally would recommend you to sing in the language you speak only because you are familiar with the way it sounds and how to say it correctly. There is more to singing than just singing.....if that even makes sense haha! What I mean tho is that once you are able to "sing" then you will need to learn other techniques that helps from putting too much pressure on your vocal cords. I don't know, there is so much that I'm just typing what comes to mind, but there is so much to learn that it is unbelievable! heh

I guess you can start on basic scales, with hums and then lip trill or tongue trills on a 5 tone scale. oh man there is so much exercises but I think that will get you started. Just look on youtube for Eric Arceneaux, I think i spelled it right. He has a few videos on there that will probably get you started and give you an idea about singing.

And I'm not sure which pages its on in this thread, but I posted a few things back that might be able to help. I would try to find it for you, but I'm sick and I'm sorry I couldn't go into more detail (trying to someone to give me a coin rub haha), and if all of this sounds like a crazy person talking you'll know why.

Good luck and don't give up when it gets tough! and hopefully I'll get some time soon to give you some helpful links :D

Wow thanks alot^^ For Replying.. I greatly appreciated^^ Hmm choir is the best way to go first i think cause its free hahaha... :sweatingbullets:

Guest myanh_tran

This may sound crazy and a bit dumb but...

Squeeze your butt(NOT with you hands -____-""")when you wana reach high notes

Thats what i learn during my choir days

oh i love this advice

Guest squeaky

I know that you can improve your vibrato, but it's really hard for me. What can you do to improve it?

In response to the squeezing the butt thing, I raise my hand/arm when I need to reach a high note. ARGHH it's really hard to understand. Like, pretend to scratch your shoulder, and then raise your hand and arm.

XD I hope that's detailed enough.

Guest Saebin :D
idk why, but when i sing along to the song i must follow the singer's pitch (high or low), otherwise its difficult for me to sing in my own key, it sounds like i'm going out of tune or something :crazy:

Guest j.a*star

Do you mean the computer microphones? That people use for skye + msn etc?

like this?

computermicpc9.jpg

You can get them pretty much anywhere that sells electronics.

I have like 3 at my house. Got them for like $10 each..and they don't suck lol.

Or you can get the ones that are attached to headphones.

is there a way to make a more 'husky' tone of voice into a smoother voice? namely mine. does the food you eat affect it? (spicy things..) or gettting sore throats a lot is damaging?