M$

Guest azianchick00

Yeahh. Whenever I went to hair salons, they would tell me that my hair looked fake & it was really pretty hair.

But one time, I just got really mad at how thick my hair was so I asked the lady at the salon to thin out my hair. My hair was already layered but not layered a lot. My hair was kept about the same length and it looked great. It was kind of weird in the beginning when I felt like I had less hair but it was so much lighter.

I hope this helped :D

Guest mimayyy

you can go to a krn salon and ask them to thin your hair for you, they use a tool that looks like a pair of sissors cut in half and they kind of rake it through your hair to layer it (not like choppy layers) but the overall effect is that your hair's thinner.

Guest SilentDream

Yup thin it or magic straight. Magic straight is getting your hair straightened permanently and it makes your hair very thin.

you can get it thinned or straightened. but your hair doesn't look thick. it looks really pretty! my hair is thicker than yours and it's horrible.. >< i have to straightened it everyday which means fried hair.

Guest AMAZiFiED *(:

You have no clue how much i want my thick hair back.

All you have to do is wash it everyday, & put chemicals in it, and there you go

you lose your hair T^T;

what? your hair is beautiful why would you want it to be thinner? I have super thick hair too normal hair ties cant hold all my hair and i used to always want thinner hair. i started using pantene and my hair started falling out like crazy and now after 3 years, ive finally gotten my normal hair back. ive never wanted thin hair again

Guest pinkxlilies

OMG! I am in the EXACT same situation as you! My hair is super thick and there is sooooo much volume, which is really unusual for an Asian girl. The hair salon people always tell me that too, one lady even compared my hair to a lion's mane <_< Thinning your hair is basically just adding layers for it to look thinner. However, the top still looks thick (it can't be helped because they can thin the hair at the top of your head lol) and the bottom will be thin, so just be sure not to tell them to thin it out too much or else it'd look odd. Definitely try to avoid cutting your hair really short like around chin length because then your hair will just look poofy (and I'm speaking from experience!)

Guest juicebox

no idea WHY you would want thinner hair.. i want thicker hair XD

but... since i should answer the question...

layering is ur best frend XD or better yet... jus tell the hairdresser to thin it and thts what theyll do =S

Guest alicimoo

When you 'thin' it, it's practically just layering it except cutting off a bit more hair on the bottom. I don't really like thinning my hair because it makes the top part go 'poof!' lol.

I dont think there really is a way for you to thin your hair unless you want to damage your hair and lose hair? xD But then the hair looks dead and ugly.

Guest rukiholic

I have hair like yours, real thick, looong hair. Whenever I go to the salon I get the same comments, and most of the time they just thin the hair out by cutting it. First time I got it done it made my hair seem so much lighter and much more manageable. I liked it a lot but sometimes when I wash my hair and dry it, my hair poofs out and looks mullet-ish. It's probably because of my hair type I think, but if I just straighten it then it's fine.

Thinning your hair out at a salon is your best bet. It keeps your length and makes it more manageable. But keep in mind that this technique is pretty much the same as layering your hair. Try it out once and see if it works. If it doesn't then just let it grow out. There's no harm in trying.

Guest bobaTEAna

yeah, i actually have really thick hair too! and i have a lottt of it. the ppl at the salon tell me that im lucky, but i hate it. but they thinned out my hair a lot with the scissor looking things, and i regretted it. it made my hair poofy cuz i had so much hair. but later, i got magic strait (chemically straitening your hair) and it was good i think. lol.

Archived