NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ Nice upgrade for the Grizzlies but... they're still gonna suck... just a bit less though. I like Mike Miller going the the Twolves, adds some much needed scoring and perimeter shooting.

Antoine Walker should just retire already.

Knicks fans booing lol what else is new, Mike D'Antoni is in for a hell of a year

I didn't know that about Beasley, to me if you pick Derrick he's more focused and professional and doesn't seem like he will cause drama but you never know

Well, Rose has already told the press he plans on winning MVP next season. Bit cocky if you ask me, but ehh...

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest i<3ramen

go portland trail blazers! im glad they made the trade for bayless, since now they have a person who can play point since thats what they needed most and they also got rid of some players such as jarrett jack who i believed needed to be gone a while ago. hopefully they'll make it to the post season next year.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

man i really think some of these players are not ready for the nba. =( i thinks it is love for money and not love for the game.

but wut a crazy scene at the end. 8 man team trade and mayo and love trade places.

Guest epark1281

We Like Ike!

Portland is gonna be loaded next year. Ike is MAAAD underrated and under used. Now they have a front line of Ike, Greg Oden and Aldridge, with Brandon Roy and Bayless in the back court. That's pretty sick.

But in any case, BULLS FOR THE WIN!

I like our chances, but we gotta figure out how to unload Kirk.

Guest epark1281

i admire rose's game

future all star

The thing i love about Rose is that he's 100% basketball. Look at the winners; Kobe, Tim Duncan, MJ, Magic, Bird, Zeke; winners lives are about one thing, Basketball. And all Rose is about is Basketball, 100%

Rose may not be as good as Beasly is right now, but he's got that MJ like determination to be the best. MJ wasn't the best player his first year in the L, but he made himself the best player with a tireless work ethic. I'm hoping the same for Rose.

ChiTown Rejoice.

And there's no way Love should have stayed. You think he woulda had another shot at being in the lottery?

No way.

If you're projected in the top 10, you go.

You never know if injuries or other issues will mess with your chances of landing on a squad with guaranteed money.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
The Washington Wizards never got anything from 2002 second-round pick Juan Carlos Navarro on the court, but they may still get a first-round pick for the long-range shooter. He announced yesterday that he is returning to Spain to play for FC Barcelona after a one-season stint with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Wtf, Navarro is pretty good too... must really hate Memphis...

Guest epark1281

Memphis is pretty sorry. There's good BBQ and Music, but really, that city's like, 4 or 5 city blocks, then there's nothing but desolation.

yeah that and they traded away probably one of his only friends in the team in Pau, but isn't marc gasol playing for memphis next year.

Guest Chioster

When I think of FC Barcelona, I think of soccer :P but FC Barcelona has too many different sport teams under the same name.

Guest knockblock
go portland trail blazers! im glad they made the trade for bayless, since now they have a person who can play point since thats what they needed most and they also got rid of some players such as jarrett jack who i believed needed to be gone a while ago. hopefully they'll make it to the post season next year.

I'm really looking forward to next season. Kevin Prichard is the man. He does it again. Making the trade with Indiania happen and with the addition of Bayless that fills a hole to the missing piece the Blazers needed in point guard. Also got another good prospect in Bantum. It's going to be an excitng time to be a Blazer fan in Portland over these next years. Fans of other teams are bandwagoning Portland and it is kinda annoying though. But whatever, I'm happy to know that my teams is one of the most liked teams. If the best players on the team can stay healthy for a good amount and play as many games then Portland can make the playoffs. They may be in the west, but remember, an Odenless team is .500.

Wow..... I want to see the lyrics to this.

Shaq just congratulated Kobe for getting the MVP award before the Finals started..

Yeah I think Kobe isn't going to respond to this..

how advanced! biased kobe sorry to say but its Paul Pierce who got the Finals MVP. smiley65.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEADLINES

Ron Artest Wants Money, Not Championships

We need more athletes like Ron Artest.

And when I say that, I don’t mean mentally unstable with a molester mustache and a failing record label. I mean “honest”.

Recently during a radio interview, Ron Artest was asked if he’d be willing to take a pay cut, and receive less money in exchange for being on a great team who can win a title. The normal athlete would say “absolutely”…. but Ron Artest isn’t the typical athlete:

Ireland: “Would you be willing to take less money to go to a contender?”

Artest: “Oh, never. Not in a million years. Actually, not in 10 million years.”

Ireland: “Really?”

Artest: “Make that more like 3 million years.”

I love how he suddenly decides he stepped over the line by saying 10 million years, and reduces it to 3 million. Ya know… because that would be too much…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLEN DAVIS on a CELTIC private celebration :lol:

glendavis.gif

TA-TA-LICIOUS!

tatalicious.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Dirty Is Too Dirty When It Comes To Sports News?

lakergirl.jpg

Over the Memorial Day weekend, theres been lots of drama regarding The Dirty.com and their claims that Kobe Bryant is cheating on his wife (again) with a Laker Girl by the name of Vanessa Curry. Word of the affair leaked out into the Lakers organization and Vanessa Curry was forced to resign. Kobe had his lawyers send over a cease and desist letter, and requested they removed any and all references to Bryant from the site (which appears to have been ignored).

This is what The Dirty alleges:

“DIRTY ARMY intel was received about an alleged torrid affair between Kobe Bryant and Vanessa Curry (not his wife, Vanessa Bryant). The Dirty Source stated this was definitely a cloak and dagger affair… completely covert. The Dirty Source is holding images as well. This alleged affair lead to the forced resignation of Vanessa from the 07-08 Laker Girls Squad. We reached out to Vanessa and the Laker’s organization to get statements. The Lakers claim that Vanessa resigned from the squad to pursue a “hosting career”. Vanessa obviously did not want to speak… though BTW she has a sexy voice!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwayne Wade Buys His Mom A Church

I spent a lot of time giving attention to things that don’t really matter like videos of drunk fans, and Kim Kardashian, so it’s necessary to have a little balance. I caught this story about Dwayne Wade buying his mother a church and thought you guys should see it.

For many years Dwayne Wade’s mom Jolinda abused drugs, wasted her life, and her activities eventually placed her on the run from the law. Things changed when she was persuaded by her daughter to attend church. The day in church sparked a chain of events that led to Jolinda turning herself in to the cops, going to prison, dedicating her life to god, and starting a ministry behind bars.

Jolinda Wade is now seven years sober and the proud owner of a church thanks to her son Dwayne.

“I respect my mother so much, from the life that she used to live and to see her today in the life that she lives. I’m so proud of her,” Dwyane Wade told The Associated Press before the service. “Everybody thinks I’m the miraculous story in the family. I think she is. I think what I’ve done means I’ve been very blessed, but she’s been more than blessed. She’s been anointed.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest xsilentangel

Lmao, thanks for those funny pictures.

Well, Doc Rivers is pretty giddy about our 30th draft pick, who he plans on taming since he is not as controlled as the current Celtics.

I wonder how it's going to go with our 30th, 47th and 60th pick haha..

Brown and Cassell are probably going to retire/go back to space..

Nah, Kevin Love shouldn't have stayed at UCLA.

It's about money. His draft stock was at an all-time high (remember how Kevin McHale was thinking of selecting him directly with the third overall pick when he was projected to go anywhere from between 5-15?

Besides, if he had stayed one more year then he might have become subject to injuries or inconsistent play...who knows?

Look at Roy Hibbert. After that great NCAA run before losing to Greg Oden's Ohio Buckeyes, he was projected to be a top 10 lottery pick. He decided to stay in college for one more year and ended up having his value dropped due to inconsistent play and fell to 17.

Lmao, thanks for those funny pictures.

Well, Doc Rivers is pretty giddy about our 30th draft pick, who he plans on taming since he is not as controlled as the current Celtics.

I wonder how it's going to go with our 30th, 47th and 60th pick haha..

Brown and Cassell are probably going to retire/go back to space..

lol yeah Cassell looks like he's from Planet Alpha Regina Trio or something :sweatingbullets:

I really liked how the Celtics managed to get Bill Walker. He's going to develop into a special player under the tutelage of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

I also think they should re-sign James Posey and Eddie House. Maybe try to get Alonzo Mourning or DeSagana Diop to come in and replace PJ Brown if he chooses to retire.

Archived