NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GO!zilla

lakers can drop some guys that take a bulk of salary and it is possible to land kg.

this is no dis to the lakers but i dont think kobe will ever win a championship alone. i say this because i was soo upset yesterday after watching the lakers game. i remember 3 years ago when kobe and shaq had a big fight over who was the superstar on the team and kobe said he would of won a championship without shaq but proven again it was shaqs team when i came down to the line. thats why they came up with the hack a shaq because the pressure was on shaq to make his free throws when it came down to the line and he did just that last year when shaq won another championship.

yea i agree with u yall on the garnett part if the lakers can get garnett then they would be unstopable but the problems is the same thing when shaq was there. who is willing to give up the spotlight because im pretty sure kobe doest want to give up the spot light and garnett was wanted the spot light.

so i say is there is both ups and downs to getting garnett.

Garnett is the most unselfish superstar in the Nba. He wants a ring, not the scoring title. So i doubt there will be a problem like there was with shaq. plus, shaqs a big baby.

seriously... i got so pissed off watching that game... but i did watch that game to the full.

PLEASE GIVE ME GARNETT FOR XMAS KUPCHAK! BRING JERRY WEST BACK!!!

dunno if u guys saw sportscenter, stephen a jackson was saying GARNETT WAKE UP AND JOIN THE LAKERS! lol :P

i would give up BROWN and PARKER and like a draft pick for garnett...

seriously Farmer/Kobe/Lamar/Garnett/Bynum starting line up will be sick. Our bench would be solid as well. Luke will be next years 6th man of the year. Mihm, Radmanovic, Evans, Turiaf .......... I WANT GARNETT!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, a trade for garnett is highly unlikely. the scenario that smith was speaking of is in 2008 when kevin garnett can opt out of his contract with the timberwolves and become an unrestricted free agent. They say, at that point, he would be far along in his career and set money wise where the only thing that would interest him would be a championship, which he would be able to get by signing with the Lakers. oh yeah, and he lives in either malibu or beverly hills, so that kind of ties him with the lakers too.

but really, a trade is highly unlikely. especially with parker being a free agent and 99% leaving the team because of the lack of respect/playing time he's been getting, and the fact that brown is being a large richard simmons right now.

Guest plusone

what GM in their right mind would want a piece of smush parker or kwame brown (except our wonderful and daring GM, mr. kupcake)????

we can't trade smush because we hate him and he hates us, so he'll have no part of a sign and trade... plus no one wants his lazy bum and whiny attitude on their team...

minnesota would most certainly demand bynum in the trade, so salary-wise lakers would have to send either kwame/vlad/bynum/cook, odom/vlad/bynum, or odom/kwame/bynum. the most realistic is probably the last one, and the lakers would probably have to throw in 2008 1st/2nd round picks as well... and thats STILL unlikely... not only does mchale hate the lakers, everyone knows the indecisiveness of kupchak... we missed out on baron, kidd, and most likely, we'll miss out on KG.

@flip

i dont think chicago has the right pieces to grab KG anymore. pj brown's contract is up and won't get 8 million even if he DOES remain with chicago... meaning you cant use his formerly expiring contract to balance the salaries anymore... this means you gotta toss big ben with nothing less than either deng or gordon + draft picks... which i doubt paxson would do

Guest GO!zilla

Minnesota will be smart to trade him to get SOMETHING instead of NOTHING. If they lose him to free agency, they dont get anything out of it, but the Minnesota front office is hella stupid so who knows. Garnet 80% likely he wont come to Lakers next season.... but when it comes to free agency next year, almost everyone in this world believes he will sign with the Lakers.

I'm sure something is in the works as we speak now. Lakers WILL NOT just sit around this off season.

Guest res0nate

McHale would rather trade him for a bunch of no names than see him stay in the West, not to mention having him play for the Lakers.

vince1.gif

Guest Aznbanana

=| I came here to say I almost had a heart attack watching Game 2 and I hate Vince Carter. Btw, Anthony Parker is clutch. Saved me from losing 5 yrs of my life <3

Guest Krn_Track_Star

why would the bulls want kg when they have ben wallance who is a block machine. i think the bulls need more players who are willing to slash to the rim instead of taking jump shots.

Guest plusone

Minnesota will be smart to trade him to get SOMETHING instead of NOTHING. If they lose him to free agency, they dont get anything out of it, but the Minnesota front office is hella stupid so who knows. Garnet 80% likely he wont come to Lakers next season.... but when it comes to free agency next year, almost everyone in this world believes he will sign with the Lakers.

I'm sure something is in the works as we speak now. Lakers WILL NOT just sit around this off season.

yeah but they can always get something more than just kwame and smush. they probably want expiring contracts, a young player not named kwame, and a couple draft picks...

i really want KG to come to LA too, but unfortunately our FO is just as stupid as the minnesota FO. ive lost faith in kupchak's ability to do anything but hand out bad contracts/extensions (cook, radmonivic, vujacic)... did you hear him on the radio a few days ago? he said something like we're just a few role players away from serious contention... and he doesnt expect to make any major changes or bring in major players... i was like WHAT??????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

anyway, larry brown to memphis?

Guest flipdragn
why would the bulls want kg when they have ben wallance who is a block machine.

that's like saying why would the 76ers want kg when they have samuel dalembert.

the bulls don't need him for his defense. they need him for his low post scoring and ability to draw double teams. in the playoffs, you need someone who can get you easy points. you can't always rely on being on fire like the bulls were in game 2. also, deng and nocioni get like half their points slashing to the rim so i think we're pretty good on that.

Guest Provoke_Me

I want the Bulls to beat the Heat....but it's sad seeing dwade play like...a second rate version of himself....i think he should've gotten his surgery and sat out the season.....even if they were in the playoffs....i understand how he wants to come and help his team but his shoulder is still messed up.....wade needs to know that he has a far more promising future......

Guest epark1281

Outside of the Bulls, I don't know any other team that relies so much on the J.

the wizards and the warriors?

And how about the lakers?

It's just that the bulls actually make those shots.

Guest iyeiluj

the mavs are soooo umimpressive this round of playoffs so far...

on another note...

i hear shawn marion might leave the suns....

^ that's because shawn marion is this idiot that believes he's underrated. he always complains about not getting enough credit for being the teams most versatile player and getting too much flak from the media for his play. what he has to realize that he's an athlete that happens to play with the best pg in the world right now. his feuds with amare have been well known and he wants to go somewhere to prove himself as a solo act, al a kobe. i don't know if the suns can keep him, but i know that he's always been this big cry baby and steve nash always has to make a conscious effort to get him the ball to appease marion's ego.

Guest GO!zilla

^ what do u expect. some people like the glory and for him, he wants individual status. He's playing inside the most talented rich team in nba. i dont think you can blame him for that. in any other team, he'll be the number 2 guy... but in the suns, hes just another player alongside amare,diaw,barbosa,bell. Any of those guys can become a #2 star in a different team.

Archived