NBA

Guest Chioster

vince carter is probably the biggest waste of talent.

when he wants to be, he can be the best player on the floor. but like many people said already, vc doesn't have the desire or motivation to be the best..he seems to be happy as long as he's on a highlight reel every once in a while and if he makes the all-star game.

u hear players all the time say.."i want a championship"..i don't think vc has ever said that lol..

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VC is definitely in the top 5 in the league, up with Kobe and LeBron when he WANTS to. He doesn't have the fire.

I could go on by giving you quotes he used in Toronto (saying he wasn't going to dunk anymore because that's all he did). Imagine if LeBron said that... he'd be useless! haha

When VC comes into Toronto and we boo him, his fire lights and he becomes unstoppable.

Guest knockblock

Vince Carter used to be on par with Kobe and when Mcgrady was also really good. Now he is just different although still a good player. Him and Mcgrady have been hit with injuries which attributes to why they aren't as good as they were like their earlier years.

Who can get 70 wins? Boston seems the most likely. The Lakers no. They are in a conference where it will be too competitive for that to happen.

Guest xsilentangel

^ I get mad watching the Wizards. I'd be so frustrated if I was a fan or on the team..

Man what an ugly game between the Celts and Jazz.

Jazz is looking good but I just get so bored watching them..

Guest PB&Banana

^ I get mad watching the Wizards. I'd be so frustrated if I was a fan or on the team..

Man what an ugly game between the Celts and Jazz.

I watch jazz for deron william because the guy can play but sadly since it is a sunday I could not watch anything

Guest dabombhomiez

You would think Boston would be a more exciting team with those stars...but I think Boston is the next Detroit..or has already become the next Detroit..they are just so damn boring, but hey they win games.

Guest s h u k e e*

=(

rapsss....sigh

games like this make me lose hope.

i just dont understand, raptors have the talent on their team, they just freaking need to play together.

UGH.

Guest CKcrossover
Try watching Warriors games, that will make you cry tears of blood.

lol that remind me of what Jeff Van Gundy said the other day the game after Nelson got ejected

"if I'm Don Nelson I would try to get the most ejection this season, just to escape the embarrassment"

I agreed about the Celts being boring to watch

I know they are making history with their record and stuff

but it's just not as exciting

unlike the year Mavs had 67 wins, even though it ended in disappointment

but it was fun to watch when it was happening

and the Rockets' 22 games streak last season

Guest xsilentangel

Celtics games aren't boring to me because the end involves some buzzer beating game winner .. maybe I'm being biased anyways..

Paul Pierce better be back for that Christmas game.

Does anyone know what Iverson said to the fan?

He got fined 25K for that haha, musta pissed AI off bad.

Guest PB&Banana

Holy cow I never stood so much in a Lakers game at my living room so much. In the first they were so slow (missed Pao real bad today) knicks were shooting lights out from threes it was just horrible.

2nd half something bit the lakers buts and woke them up. lamar odom and trevor ariza had bad turnovers when it came down to the wire, we're lucky knicks missed some shots at the end.

Lakers can improve so much more

On another note if knicks play the way they are playing they can make the playoffs

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Yup, Kapono went cold, there was some bad mistakes, lack of rebounding... all in all they just didn't produce in the 4th.

Raps always make the same mistakes that cost them games:

- Triano is stupid. By limiting Bosh's minutes, you're limiting the guy who carries your team.

- Colangelo is stupid for not making moves sooner than he should. Oh yeah, and drafting Bargnani when we could have LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay right now.

- They don't box out for rebounds (Bargnani, Moon doesn't box out, he just leaps hoping he'll get it first)

- They get too happy with the three-ball or mid-range shots and don't attack the basket (Calderon, Moon, Parker)

- They don't get to the free throw line from if they don't attack the basket

- They leave someone on the perimeter open for a three all, poor transition defense

- They make shots harder than they have to be (Parker's fadeaway on open looks richard simmons me off)

- Why the hell is Ukic the back-up? Solomon's a better shooter, defender and he's not an idiot rookie.

Trade away Moon and Parker, they got expiring contracts. Get me a big man + sign Bonzi Wells for perimeter D. Nets are loaded with big men, I'd like Sean Williams swatting shots beside O'Neal.

Bargnani's still inconsistent, although he improved this year, still not nowhere hitting that Dirk-like potential.

The Anti-Carter chants are what Raptor fans are all used to hearing at the ACC when Nets are in town.

And yes, Carter is wasted talent. I read his biography back when he was the hype and he could've been on par with Kobe and T-Mac in their prime... he was just lazy and cried about everything. Even after his injury woes, he showed in his arrival to New Jersey that he still had game

Famous issues revolving Carter in Toronto:

- Told the media he never wanted to dunk again because he was being criticized for not attacking the basket with dunks anymore

- Reluctant to give up his starting spot to Jordan in his final all-star game

- Demanded for a trade because the Raptors took away his mom's parking spot

- Game 7 vs. 76ers, he flew out to attend his college graduation in the morning instead of resting for the big game. Missed the game winning shot -_-

etc, etc.

Who remembers when he jokingly slapped Morris Peterson who returned the favor and got ejected!?

Anyway, until my Raptors are 5 games over .500, I'm gonna pretend they're an elite team on 2K9.

Guest knockblock

Screw the Jazz. It's time for someone else to win the northwest division. Utah knows how to play well at home which makes them look hard to beat. When they're on the road they're just like any other team.

Try watching Warriors games, that will make you cry tears of blood.

Any team that likes to play a small lineup and only cares about offense.

Archived