NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest PB&Banana

I honestly see no point in all this arguing, it's sports also so of course there's biases but there are different type of sports fans don't generalize all of them into one

Kobe can't win without shaq or the rest of his teammates and Shaw can't win without kobe/d-wade and other teammates. One person is not gonna give you a ring it's the whole team. Pierce could not win without the rest of his team no great player can because they need other great players. Jordan had scottie, rodman, etc. he didn't win the rings by himself because playing 1 vs 5 is not going win you a championship.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

dude, what nba team has won championship with just one great player?? uhh like none.

baggin on kobe for A. not winning championship and B. being a ball hog has been going on since forever

for example lebrons scorin half the points and he hasnt won a championship yet. what are ppl saying? "omgg lebron you need to switch teams ASAP! we understand you have no talent to work with in cleveland so we want you to go to team where there is talent." lebron is doing one hell of a job in cleveland right now though.

when kobe wanted out of lakers during that one period of time, everyone HATED him but honestly, kobe really did have nothing to work with too. kobe was just doing what lebron and wade are doing now

o and btw, kobes actually leading the team in assists right now

mr. moderator. im very sorry bout the last post. i knew my potty mouth would get me screwed someday.

o and srry if its miss moderator...

Guest Unanimous

We are just having a 'discussion' :ph34r: I like this. It use to be so quiet in here. ^.^

PB&Banana is correcto. This is the NBA, you can have the leading scorer, fastest player, etc on the team but you can't win unless your team is decent overall. Who knows maybe one day we will witness a player great enough to win a ring all on his own.

Hahaha Kobe has always been hated by many. He is a great player, a future Hall of Famer; his fans will adore him. But his competitors and their fans will envy and be jealous! Mwuahahah!

Guest PB&Banana

Every team wants Kobe on their team.

Even Boston couldn't say no.

You're right I think kobe is the only laker I know that got MVP chants in boston

You know I kind of underrated spurs this year but now their back and their rookies are developing well.

Guest Unanimous

Was this karma for saying Boston is cocky and hating on Pierce and Rivers? =(

My Lakers truly disappointed me today. I only got to watch 4th quarter and they looked bad. Especially towards the very end with the whole "panicking" mentality. Like the rushing shots, funny fouls....

Hopefully they learn from the lesson they were taught today.

Guest knockblock
hedo turkoglu raining down a last second 3 to beat the blazers by 1. good game to watch was pretty close the whole night.

Blazers had the Magic beat by leading with a few points. Then failed to execute for consecutive plays and Orlando came back to make a run. Shocking. What a heartbreaker.

Guest PB&Banana

Seriously my lakers thing they can just show up and win a game. Very disappointed by their loss but they will learn from this I hope right now Boston and Cavs are uptop but I still believe lakers can still win at the end of the season and fget a ring but they haven't shown that ability yet.

Guest epark1281

You know, after loosing Manu and Parker for over a month, the Spurs are STILL 12-8. I remember watching NBA Fast Break and NBA TV, Cwebb, GP, Leggs were all saying that the Spurs didn't stand a chance in the West. Two aquisitions that NOBODY's giving enough love to is Roger Mason Jr. and George Hill. Hill can straight up ball. And Mason Jr. is a very underrated player. The biggest PG aquisition that was touted this offseason was Mo Will going to the Cavs. He's currently averaging 15.1 ppg, 2.7 boards, 4.4 dimes, 1.5 makes from 3. Mason Jr. is averaging 13.8ppg, 3.6 boards, 2.4 dimes, and 2.5 makes from 3.

Considering that Mo is the starting PG and is so clearly their no. 3 scoring option at worst, and that Mason Jr. is a backup to TP and Manu, and is their no. 4 scoring option at BEST, i'd say that for a lot less money, the Spurs are getting more for their money than the Cavs are getting out of Mo Will. Don't get me wrong, i love mo will as a player. But every year, the Spurs make moves that make you go, "huh...well, nothing big" And every year, they get more than they pay for. RC Buford deserves a lot of cred. Hats off to the Spurs. They're going to make it into the playoffs, and they're going to be dangerous.

On a different note, now that we're roughly 1/4 of the way through the season, has any of your prognostications changed? If you didn't have a feel for the season before the first tipoff of the year, have you all formed any opinions?

Western Conf. Champs?

Eastern Conf. Champs?

ROY?

Most Improved?

MVP?

Defensive Player OTY?

Etc?

I think the Western Conference finals will be:

Utah Jazz vs LA Lakers

If the Rockets can STAY HEALTHY they have a chance, and the Spurs are always a possibility. The Nuggets have new life thanks to the Billups trade, and they might be one of those teams that push further than we think they're capable of.

Eastern Conference finals:

Cavaliers vs Celtics

Orlando Magic and Atlanta Hawks are the only other teams competing in the east against these two teams. Devin Harris is good, but I don't think he has the team with him capable of pushing further yet.

Finals:

Cleveland Cavaliers vs LA Lakers

I don't think there's anyone in the west that will beat the Lakers, I think the two teams with a chance are Cavs and Celtics. I also think the defense, bench and hunger of the Cavs team this year will overwhelm the Celtics. And I'm sure David Stern wants to see Kobe vs LeBron, and what he wants CAN happen. This is all barring any upsets to the Knicks in the first round :P

Rookie of the Year: I think Derrick Rose is going to run away with it, though I'd like to see OJ Mayo and Rudy Fernandez at least in the conversation.

Most Improved: I really have no idea thus far. I'll throw out Trevor Ariza, Travis Outlaw, Jordan Farmar and JR Smith. I'll definitely change this in a few months time.

MVP: LeBron James - Runners up Chris Paul, Wade and Kobe

Western Conf. Champs- If the rockets become healthy and go on a roll like last year in the 2nd half i can see them getting there, but right now it has to be the Lakers.

Eastern Conf. Champs- Cleveland

ROY- I feel that Rudy Fernandez is making the biggest rookie impact in my eyes. but if its for true rookies i'd go with Derrick Rose.

Most Improved- i know that this is an individual award, but i want to say the Knicks. but if i had to choose a player, i would go with Aaron Brooks from the rockets, even though it's only his 2nd season.

MVP- As of now, Has to go to Lebron.

Defensive Player OTY- Ron Artest

Guest chinguz
Congrats to Jerry Sloan's 20th anniversary of being head coach of the Jazz. It's unheard of in this era of any pro sports. During this 20 year tenure, there's been 223 coaching changes in the NBA. :o

When a team fails it's always the coach's fault and they move on, which shows why his a great coach. He needs a championship ring to top it off though.

I caught the cavs game from 2nd quarter onwards against the raptors. they tore them a new one..

There is nothing better than seeing the crowd up on their feet and cheering every time lebron does something spectacular. puts a :) on my face.

Western Conf. Champs?

Spurs.

Eastern Conf. Champs?

Cavs

ROY?

Rose

Biggest disappointment

Oden, Wizards team.

Guest PB&Banana

Western Conf Champs - Lakers, I really believe they will win that I'm a laker girl at heart

Eastern Con Champs - Cavaliers, never would I picture Cleveland have a record like their having now

Roy - Rose no doubt in my mind

MIP - I say devin harris he is a beast

MVP - Lebron although not my favorite player he's very well deserving of that trophy

Archived