NBA

Guest Chioster

Slightly off-topic but I watched the Australia VS USA game.

Australia didn't have Andrew Bogut yet kept it pretty close with Team USA who couldn't seem to make any shots (namely Kobe).

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xsilentangel
Shawn Bradley was just a tall stick that got owned all the time and couldn't score for jack.

Holy crap that's hilarious..

Slightly off-topic but I watched the Australia VS USA game.

Australia didn't have Andrew Bogut yet kept it pretty close with Team USA who couldn't seem to make any shots (namely Kobe).

yeah it was kinda odd seeing them struggle against a team like Australia without their best player Bogut. it was good to see Brad Newely play good though, hopefully the Rockets seen something they liked.

as for the Olympics, i think that they are going to struggle in their group. they have China, Germany, Spain, Greece, and Angola. The first four teams that i listed are probably the some of the best teams in the world with Argentina and Russia in the other group. without a true big on the team over 7 feet i have a feeling the other teams will take advantage of that and play a heavy low post game against them like China, i think they have like 3-4 7 footers on their team.

yeah it was kinda odd seeing them struggle against a team like Australia without their best player Bogut. it was good to see Brad Newely play good though, hopefully the Rockets seen something they liked.

as for the Olympics, i think that they are going to struggle in their group. they have China, Germany, Spain, Greece, and Angola. The first four teams that i listed are probably the some of the best teams in the world with Argentina and Russia in the other group. without a true big on the team over 7 feet i have a feeling the other teams will take advantage of that and play a heavy low post game against them like China, i think they have like 3-4 7 footers on their team.

And also Patrick Mills :) He plays Division 1 college ball.

11 points off the bench plus he was extremely fast and out-played Chris Paul in some stretches.

Guest epark1281

Opening day with a fully healed Oden against a fully healed Bynum and Christmas Day, can't wait.

Bayless, Oden, Roy, Aldridge. These guys will be dangerous. I wouldn't be at all suprised if Portland made it into the playoffs. If Diogu, Webster, and Blake can contribute significantly, i say that this might even be a second round team.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Speaking of Oden, saw an authentic Adidas Trailblazers jersey for Oden today, brand new, $40 at this discount sporting goods store in Toronto.

Was thinking of getting it, but I don't wanna people on my richard simmons if I wear it and Oden somehow flops when he finally debuts.

Guest knockblock
Lol at Cavs and Mavs having more than 20 games televised.

The Cavs have as much as they do for national tv games because of Lebron and the ratings he can draw. The Mavs are one of the big Market teams.

Bayless, Oden, Roy, Aldridge. These guys will be dangerous. I wouldn't be at all suprised if Portland made it into the playoffs. If Diogu, Webster, and Blake can contribute significantly, i say that this might even be a second round team.

Most experts and other people don't think it but Portland can do better than fighting for final couple of spots for the playoffs. They can win their division. They can do a lot to surprise those who don't think they'll be that good.

Guest flipdragn
Most experts and other people don't think it but Portland can do better than fighting for final couple of spots for the playoffs. They can win their division. They can do a lot to surprise those who don't think they'll be that good.

i agree that they can do better than the final couple of spots but beating the jazz? i doubt that.

kwame brown

haha

i'm glad he's not a laker anymore

lol he's a piston now. i wonder if he can resurrect his career like a bunch of other players have in detroit.

Guest xsilentangel
The 08-09 season schedule is out. What do you think of your teams schedule?

I love it.

Celtics vs. Lakers on Christmas, starting off vs. Lebron and the Cavs at the Garden

Guest sle3pyguii

I think that the Blazers will do well in 2 years. The team's best players are still pretty young. They have awesome talent with both Bayless and Roy as their shooters and Aldridge and Oden as their bigs. But seeing how this'll be Bayless and Oden's first year, they still need time to adjust. Once the rookies get some games under them, I wouldn't be surprised if Blazers are competing against the Hornets and Lakers for the first seed.

Guest knockblock
i agree that they can do better than the final couple of spots but beating the jazz? i doubt that.

Well for one thing, the Jazz are more experienced although they are also one of the youngest teams. But they are not so good as that they are going to run away with the northwest division. Portland has added players that look like they will have their impact. Utah on the other hand hasn't made any moves that convince me they will add to what they have. The Jazz aren't going to just repeat their success without adding something that improves them.

Last season the Blazers owned the Jazz in most of the series between them in their meetings. Now that isn't an indicative of everything else. But it does give off an idea about something.

so does anyone know if the new OKC team are going to stay in their same division in the NW or are they moving to the SW division and make it 6 teams?

I heard from one person that they will stay in the Northwest division as they replace the Seattle Sonics. But that is just from one instance I hear from. Doing a division realignment would take effort but would make things make more sense if done more accurately.

I think that the Blazers will do well in 2 years. The team's best players are still pretty young. They have awesome talent with both Bayless and Roy as their shooters and Aldridge and Oden as their bigs. But seeing how this'll be Bayless and Oden's first year, they still need time to adjust. Once the rookies get some games under them, I wouldn't be surprised if Blazers are competing against the Hornets and Lakers for the first seed.

Won't argue about Bayless and Oden. Roy and Aldridge are young except that they have 2 years of pro level experience now. They can do more to expand their games on how good they can be.

While the west is tough and competitive anything can still happen. At what spot Portland can get at depends a lot on what happens. There are teams that they may be fighting it out with for the last spots of the playoffs. But there are other things that can factor in as well. Some of the good teams are on the decline and some might not do as good as expected. Stuff like those are bound to happen. That can also take effect. I don't think so many teams in the west will have to get to 50 wins like last season to get into the playoffs. Also, the eastern conference got a little bit better. That will also take some wins away.

Guest sle3pyguii

Odom and Fisher are getting old and inconsistent in terms of scoring (Odom's boards are good enough.), Kobe might be leaving, Pau is too soft.

Damn, we're screwed if the Kobe thing happens.

On the bright side, bandwagoners will be gone.

Guest GO!zilla
Odom and Fisher are getting old and inconsistent in terms of scoring (Odom's boards are good enough.), Kobe might be leaving, Pau is too soft.

Damn, we're screwed if the Kobe thing happens.

On the bright side, bandwagoners will be gone.

are we watching the same sport?

Archived