NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest GO!zilla
You should wait and see how Sasha's career plays out before passing judgement on his 'heralded' defensive instincts.

In other thoughts, why are the Lakers making an offer to Jorge Garbs?

I thought this team was meant to get TOUGHER not rely on more soft international players.

source?

hrmmm the unexpected... Kobe's "best friend" on the Lakers going for the $$$ by accepting Warriors offer

don't think lakers will/can match the offer =/

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

source?

hrmmm the unexpected... Kobe's "best friend" on the Lakers going for the $$$ by accepting Warriors offer

don't think lakers will/can match the offer =/

For those who can read Spanish. Spanish newspaper article.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/balonce...lo/1144924.html

But if you google 'Lakers' and 'Jorge', you'll get numerous rumour mills from various basketball sites and laker forums.

It's a rumour but I say they only do this if they can acquire Ron Artest and get rid of Vlad.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
You should wait and see how Sasha's career plays out before passing judgement on his 'heralded' defensive instincts.

In other thoughts, why are the Lakers making an offer to Jorge Garbs?

I thought this team was meant to get TOUGHER not rely on more soft international players.

Garbajosa's not a softie o_O

His basketball IQ is like whoa, and you'd be surprised how well he plays the SF defensively despite the lack of athleticism.

I just feel they need more 'eat your heart out' players and just develop a tougher mentality overall.

I dunno, I lived in Toronto for a few months a while back and went to quite a number of Raptor games and wasn't too impressed with his defence. His athletic limitations obviously had something to do with it. He had some great spurts though, including this MASSIVE block on the perimeter against Dallas, followed by a consecutive steal which led to an easy fast-break basket for TJ Ford.

And yeah, his basketball IQ is off the charts. Makes good decisions on the offensive end and is a decent shooter. And when they ran the pick and pop with Garbs and Calderon in a few scenarios it was just so easy on the eyes ^^

However, those injuries to Garbs plus his age...hmm, hope they haven't reduced his capacity to contribute too much.

Guest mojomunkeez

Can't the Lakers use the mid-level exception to match the Warriors' offer for Turiaf? The mid-level exception is set at around 5.1 million. The Warriors are offering him just over 4 million a year for four years.

Can't the Lakers use the mid-level exception to match the Warriors' offer for Turiaf? The mid-level exception is set at around 5.1 million. The Warriors are offering him just over 4 million a year for four years.

The Lakers have bird rights on Turiaf therefore they don't need to use money from the MLE. They can match any offer for Turiaf including Sasha as well.

The concern isn't if they can match it. It's are they willing to match it? Is Buss willing to pay for more luxury tax?

They most likely wont match it and they shouldn't. That's too much money for him. Just let him walk.

I know he brings intangibles such as being a glue guy and having a lot of team spirit and energy but his production of 6 pts, almost 4 rebounds can easily be replaced by someone much cheaper.

The reason the Warriors are over-paying is because they want him and they have a solid idea that the Lakers probably would not match and pay Turiaf 17 million over 4 years. That's the thing about restricted free agents, you have to over-pay in order to get them otherwise you give them a cheap deal and the team with their bird rights would just smile and match the deal.

Besides, he'll be playing limited minutes behind a healthy Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol.

Guest GO!zilla

turiaf has the ability to be a good 25 min 10/10 guy

his hustle and heart is one of the best in nba.

it'll be best interest as a basketball player to go to warriors where he can get more minutes.

Guest plusone

Only problem with Turiaf though, is he's a foul machine. He plays hard but he also has no post moves and his jumper is a lot worse than you think it is. He's also undersized and doesn't rebound well...

Guest limbo189

17 million?!?!? for turiaf???? not be to on turiaf or nething but 17 million is a little tooo much for him

Guest limbo189

idk about u guys but the rumors about ron artest being traded to the lakers for odom??? im not liking it.

Guest epark1281

idk about u guys but the rumors about ron artest being traded to the lakers for odom??? im not liking it.

I actually don't think it's a bad idea. Odom is a big 3 who can hit the open 3 and make his own shot. He can rebound and is a capable defender.

Ronron, when he's not off his meds, Can hit open 3, drive and create his own shot, and can rebound and is a top notch defender.

What's not to like?

Guest plusone

I actually don't think it's a bad idea. Odom is a big 3 who can hit the open 3 and make his own shot. He can rebound and is a capable defender.

Ronron, when he's not off his meds, Can hit open 3, drive and create his own shot, and can rebound and is a top notch defender.

What's not to like?

Bad fit for the lakers. Ron Ron is good when he's not off his meds... but he's off his meds quite a lot. he's not as good at the 3-ball as you think, and doesn't rebound as well as you think.

Guest GO!zilla
Bad fit for the lakers. Ron Ron is good when he's not off his meds... but he's off his meds quite a lot. he's not as good at the 3-ball as you think, and doesn't rebound as well as you think.

yup. id rather want tayshaun prince. :)

but i dont see odom going anywhere.

i like lamar. even if he is garbage every other night.

Guest epark1281

Prince and Kobe would make a nice defensive 1-2 punch on the perimeter. You might loose some offensive production, but it's D that wins 'ships

Archived