NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest epark1281

Ginobli is terribly overrated...he's not a very good defender, and if it wasn't for the Spurs system and style of play he would not be a superstar anywhere else. Put him in the Eastern conference where guard defense is tough and physical he would probably be more or less your average slasher with passing ability.

You could say this for just about anybody.

Eddie House, Barbosa, Jason Terry, Sasha V., and so on. If you want to talk about players only being good because of the system, at least Ginobli is an all star. The guys mentioned remain only relavent because of the system they play in. And isn't it something you'd WANT to do? Find a guy that fits your system?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lakers

BOSTON (AP)—The FBI will investigate whether Boston police used excessive force while arresting a man who later stopped breathing during Celtics championship celebrations.

David Woodman stopped breathing while in custody and died 11 days after police say they spotted him drinking from an open container of what they believed was alcohol.

An FBI spokeswoman said Monday that the agency’s investigation will not begin until Suffolk County prosecutors finish their own probe into the death of the 22-year-old Brookline man.

Spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz says it is not unusual for the FBI to review possible civil rights violations, which can includes the use of excessive force by police.

The probe was welcomed by a lawyer for Woodman’s parents.

Police have denied the use of excessive force.

Guest 3taticKills

What I meant was Ginobli gets too much credit, they talk like he's a top 5 SG in the west, and he is clearly not.

watching ESPN and they are saying that Brand will sign a 5 year $82M with the 76ers. seems like he screwed over Baron Davis..but its a good move for him, he has a better chance to become an all-star starter in the east unless Yi gets massive votes.

maybe the clips can try to sign Josh Smith..

I'm laughing so hard at Baron Davis and the Clippers right now.

If the reports are true and Elton Brand signs with the 76ers, GG Clippers.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Maggette to Warriors.

Brand to Sixers.

B. Diddy is stuck in a rebuilding process with the Clippers instead of playing with Brand.

Pietrus (not much to boast) goes to the Magic in their desperate attempt for a 2 guard when they should be looking for a power forward while Lewis gets smacked around by real big men.

Well on the brightside, the East just got SLIGHTLY a bit better.

Guest 3taticKills

The Clippers are pretty screwed...they lose a 20/10 player who played great interior defense and has a mid range game too. For what? Baron Davis a shoot first point guard? I love Baron, but he can't carry a team like Brand does.

Right now the Clippers projection looks like this;

C Kaman

F Thomas

F Thornton

G Gordon (or Mobley)

G Davis

Er....not exactly a team that would contend for a championship. OR the playoffs.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

It's the 2 spot they're screwed at. Tim Thomas is not a PF, he'll get murked by the elite PF in the West.

I dunno, maybe Thornton/Kaman will break out.

Guest 3taticKills

Brand...I lost a lot of respect for him after this, what a 2 faced jerk, the Clippers were practically giving the same type of money as the 76ers, and he even said he was going to resign and wanted to stay, then he does this? This is worse than the Boozer situation a while back, because Cleveland didn't give Boozer nearly the type of deal Utah was offering.

Sorry Elton Brand you are the jerk of the year, this is atrocious.

It's the 2 spot they're screwed at. Tim Thomas is not a PF, he'll get murked by the elite PF in the West.

I dunno, maybe Thornton/Kaman will break out.

I'm assuming it'll be Thornton. Maybe average 15-18 points per game.

Kaman did break out last year and I think the numbers he put up will be among the highest in his career.

Guest epark1281

I've also lost my faith in atheletes. Brand was talking all summer long about how he wanted what the C's had, how he opted out because he wanted to restructure his deal for LESS money, how he was all about a championship. And he goes WHERE? The 76ers? Who in their right mind think that this team can win a championship in the next 3 years? You just traded BARON DAVIS for ANDRE MILLER. Great Job, you two faced maggot.

This is why there are only a handful of guys I respect in sports; Tim Duncan, because he actually DID what Brand said he was GOING to do (restructed His deal so the Spurs could sign Manu and Parker long term), and Tom Brady, who took less money so the Pats could sign big time free agents.

In other news, welcome to the NBA, Beasly, aka "The Rookie"

Guest GO!zilla
Clipps are going to be top team in Cali.

The Clips bandwagon just epic FAILED like this statement.

Well if Elgin Baylor and the entire Clippers front office gave Brand a 'take it or leave it' offer then that could have pissed him off.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

And the Lakers fans are SO impartial. :w00t: There's maybe like 1 single Lakers fan in here who actually considers the ideas of others, but he's not even around regularly enough.

res0nate called Clips the top; I made a balanced argument for the Clips & Lakers. Wow, I MUST be agreeing with him then. Pretty sure I said wait till both teams have their rosters settled before we call who's better and who's not.

Hell, I already knew Brand was considering the 76ers from an ESPN radio interview before he opted out.

I say something the slightest bit critical, the Lakers cultists attack me. I defend the Lakers from opposing jackass fans during and after the Finals, I defend Kobe mercilessly from the haters, and I'm still grilled in return. :blink:

At least they make more sense than some Maverick fans.

Archived