NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why people think so highly of Amare because of age. He already has a repaired knee and I believe 2 surgeries. I'd say he's more likely to break down than KG is. Essentially the Suns have to decide if they want to try to win a championship while Nash is still good or hope that Amare and Barbosa can keep them good, but not championship level in 2-3 years.

I don't get why people think so highly of Amare because of age. He already has a repaired knee and I believe 2 surgeries. I'd say he's more likely to break down than KG is. Essentially the Suns have to decide if they want to try to win a championship while Nash is still good or hope that Amare and Barbosa can keep them good, but not championship level in 2-3 years.

yup. amare can't seem to stop Tim Duncan and the Suns need to beat the Spurs to move on. KG is a better defender and he can slow down/stop Tim Duncan. Nash ain't getting any younger and they need to win in the next 2-3 years. Pick up KG for Amare.

Sonics are starting fresh and moving out of Seattle for sure.

I wanted to see the Sonics pick up Brewer over Green

We DO need a perimeter defender.

EDIT:

Chicago needs a guy who can score down low. Joakim doesn't help them there.

haha

Joakim Noah is sooo overrated. haha

This guy is Reggie Evans with a couple national championship rings

His shot is horrible and his shot selection is horrible.

He has soft hands and can play defense. That's it. Thumbs Down

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Ray Allen to the Celtics in exchange for the draft rights to #5 first round pick Jeff Green, Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak.

As far as I know, this trade works out for both teams.

I mean how worse can both of them get next season? :P

Pierce and Allen? :blink:

Guest Krn_Track_Star

man golden state got rid of jason richardson wow. just wow.

Charlotte acquires Jason Richardson and the draft rights to Jermareo Davidson from Golden State in exchange for the draft rights to Brandan Wright.

Guest kayla.

^ Yeah, tell me about it.

My brother is so pissed off. Oh man he was crying. But then again, he's 8.

I want kg to go to Lakers cause I'm a Laker fan who has nightmares of kobe getting traded :mellow: But it was like so close then backed up.

Guest flipdragn

wow, a trade by isiah thomas that actually makes sense for the knicks. the knicks give up channing frye and steve francis for zack randolph, fred jones, and dan dickau. what a total steal for the knicks. they practically gave up nothing, with the emergence of david lee and the glut of guards they have. i guess the blazers didn't really need randolph since they had lamarcus aldridge and now greg oden but surely they could've gotten more in return for a 20 and 10 guy like randolph, despite whatever offcourt problems that are sure to come with him. i think either the knicks or the celtics will win the atlantic division, depending on how the trades work out for both teams.

i think it was a mistake for both seattle and golden state to trade their star players. surely they could've gotten a lot more in return for an all-star like ray allen instead of just a rookie, delonte west, and wally szcerbiak. with rashard lewis probably leaving, it would've made sense to have ray allen stay at the shooting guard position and have kevin durant fill in rashard lewis's position. now they're going to have to completely build around just durant. the same with jason richardson, golden state could've gotten a lot more for him than just a rookie. what steals for boston and charlotte though.

i agree that chicago should've gotten a low post scorer instead of joakim noah but looking at the highlights they showed of noah, most of his points were scored mostly on dunks and stuff like that, which is basically what tyrus thomas does to get his points. thomas doesn't really have a low post game but he manages to score in double figures when he gets decent minutes so hopefully noah will work out for the bulls.

yup. amare can't seem to stop Tim Duncan and the Suns need to beat the Spurs to move on. KG is a better defender and he can slow down/stop Tim Duncan. Nash ain't getting any younger and they need to win in the next 2-3 years. Pick up KG for Amare.

Are you serious?

Nash will be following KG right out the door. 5 more years and KG become a old vet.

If they lose amare and nash (what ever happens to nash) around this 'present time',

what will the suns have in the future? I rather push amare to get better and surround him in the future than trying to perserve KG. If this was at least five years ago, i would have traded amare for KG in a hearbeat.

Most players stay active at least an average of 16 yrs.

but hey, THE DEAL IS CLOSED

Guest Chioster

Yi Jianlian, 6th overall by the Bucks. He is skinny but he has the mobility and the far jumpshot. Probably won't be in the lane that much because he lacks strength. Where do you see him in the future?

Guest plusone

Yi Jianlian, 6th overall by the Bucks. He is skinny but he has the mobility and the far jumpshot. Probably won't be in the lane that much because he lacks strength. Where do you see him in the future?

Probably an in-and-out all-star. Rasheed Wallace type of guy I think. But then again I have watched too many clips of the guy, so what do I know. He looked unhappy about going to Milwaukee though.

Guest GO!zilla
Probably an in-and-out all-star. Rasheed Wallace type of guy I think. But then again I have watched too many clips of the guy, so what do I know. He looked unhappy about going to Milwaukee though.

yi just needs 10+ ppg 8+ rpg and he can be an allstar since china can vote for the all star team. a lot of chinese voters.

anyone know anything about the lakers second round pick? the other chinese guy in the draft?

Guest Chioster

He is the PG for the Chinese National Team. A very tall one 6'9. He lacks the speed but has the vision and height. So he will not be a good run and gun type of guard. He will mainly be a bench for his career.

Also to Yi, he thought that the Rockets will make a push for him to unite him and Yao but guess that never happened. Yao and Yi were starters for the Chinese national team. Yi is a smaller, skinnier, but faster Yao. Yi will be a perimeter player. I think he will fit SF more then PF.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Yi's going nowhere with the Bucks's current lineup.

Their starting 5 is already fine (WHEN healthy):

Bogut

Charlie Villaneuva

Bobby Simmons

Redd

Mo' Williams

He's not gonna be a perimeter big man hitting shots from 25 feet. If he can learn to hustle around under the post and score there, then he'll be something. However, I smell the Bulls trying to grab Charlie V for a big man who can score and do some other stuff. Could happen right? Then Yi will get some more opportunities

It's hard to say Yi plays like Yao, seeing how Yao's a 7'6 behemoth used run around to disrupt set picks and doesn't play like a real center. Maybe it's just me, but I can see Yi as a Tim Duncan kind of player, rather than Yao or even Kevin Garnett as many idiots compared him to.

Are you serious?

Nash will be following KG right out the door. 5 more years and KG become a old vet.

If they lose amare and nash (what ever happens to nash) around this 'present time',

what will the suns have in the future? I rather push amare to get better and surround him in the future than trying to perserve KG. If this was at least five years ago, i would have traded amare for KG in a hearbeat.

Most players stay active at least an average of 16 yrs.

but hey, THE DEAL IS CLOSED

you just clearly missed everyone's point:

GET KG now for Amare, WIN a championship now,WIN a championship now while Nash is in his prime, instead of waiting for Amare to get better later and for Nash to wear down.

Celtics getting better... hmm..

That's IF Paul Pierce decides to stay in Boston, which he probably will with Allen on the team. Dunno how they can share shots though. Their center position's still pretty weak, and they're TRYING to get rid of Telfair at any means necessary. They need a new reliable PG. Although, I don't know how Piece and Allen will split the ball hoggi- err shots.

Sonics... okay, they were GOING NOWHERE this year. Ray Allen's a GREAT player, don't get me wrong, but only as an individual. He doesn't make his teammates better. And seriously, Durant + Allen? I wouldn't see it coming.

Portland... okay, now that was a great deal for both teams, although Knicks are stuck with two more scrub guards. Eddy Curry/David Lee + Randolph in the post? Good stuff. I don't see the Knicks taking over the Atlantic Division with Stephon Marbury though. You get Randolph as one off-court headache, and Marbury as another one, one that can't keep his mouth shut.

J-Rich outta Golden State wasn't that bad of a move. He struggled all season long, and his lowered scoring contributions won't be THAT sorely missed. Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington jacking up three pointers is more than enough.

It's hard to say Yi plays like Yao, seeing how Yao's a 7'6 behemoth used run around to disrupt set picks and doesn't play like a real center. Maybe it's just me, but I can see Yi as a Tim Duncan kind of player, rather than Yao or even Kevin Garnett as many idiots compared him to.

you just clearly missed everyone's point:

He seems like Bargnani. no?

Guest Chioster

Well Yao can hit the perimeter but the coaches wouldn't let him. He use to be a perimeter player back in China so this is why he lacks post play in the lane in the NBA. Same thing is happening to Yi, and watching some videos, Yi can hit the far shots.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
He seems like Bargnani. no?

No, at least Yi can rebound which Bargnani sucks at.

Bargnani = real perimeter, beyond the arc and makes it look easy, doesn't even jump!

Yi = Chris Bosh/Kevin Garnett range.

Let's remember that player clips from other leagues outside the NBA don't necessarily display their skill accurately.

*Refers to Tractor Traylor breaking the glass in some college game when he dunked*

Speaking of Yi and perimeter shots... wasn't Wang Zhi Zhi quite the three point shooter at one point?

^ scouting reports have Yi shooting out the 3 point range. He's not automatic, but he'll be decent enough to keep the defenders honest.

hey, if milwaukee gets chauncey, isnt that lineup pretty good? billups, redd, yi, villanueva and bogut. that's a decent lineup, and putting that in the east makes it like 5 times better than its normal value. the interior defense won't be great, but they should be able to score pretty well.

sun yue plays the guard positions for the chinese national team(good ballhandler) but is supposed to be more of a wing player in the NBA. he won't defend, he's not athletic, and he's not a shooter. he's a playmaker, but can't defend the point cuz he's slow. he's also tall. 6'9?

Archived