NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the game 7 I was expecting but I'll take it. Not sure what happened with Kobe but I'm assuming he probably tried to do a little too much. Kind of frustrating to see him devolve back into that mode every once in awhile. Not Kobe's best showing in a playoff series but I still think he deserved the MVP with Gasol a close second. I mean it's Kobe. If you're gonna take the MVP from him you've gotta be amazing in every game, which I don't think Gasol was. But he was still very good nonetheless.

I love that Ron was the MVP of the game. He came to Kobe two years ago and asked him what he could do to help him win that championship and two years later, he got Kobe that (5th) ring. Love it. His postgame interviews were all amazing as well.

man, i cant help but cry over the loss of the best defensive unit in the NBA. they could have nailed it but i guess, 21 FT for the lakers just in the 4th Q killed their chances.

i really love this celtics team...

Guest happismile

I don't know about anything else, but Sasha Vujacic needs to step his behind, behind everyone else during the celebration. Yes, he made 2 last minute free throws in game 7 and a couple of shots in game 6, but he contributed nothing other than that for the entire season, so he needs to step his behind, behind all those who should've been front an center. I kept seeing his face and got annoyed, but when he tried to get into the Kobe-Fish photo...that was the end of it...know your damn role!

Nobody probably cares about this, but Warriors trade Corey Maggette (3 years left) and their 2nd round 44th pick to the Bucks for Dan Gadzuric (expiring contract) and Charlie Bell (2 years left).

Yesterday the Warriors traded their 2nd round 34th pick to Blazers for $2 million cash and their 2nd round 44th pick.

Guest melo.breeze

mutual interest between lakers and raja bell ? tell me it isn't so. he'd be a great role player for the bench, i just can't find myself to support him if it ever goes through. plus he's been injured for the passed 1-2 years now, he's in his 30's, good chance there's not much left in the tank for him.

i think we won't be seeing farmar next season on the lakers as well. the lakers front office and farmar have shown disinterest in eachother these passed few years.

"When Farmar was asked prior to Game 7 if playing the Celtics in a do-or-die situation to win a championship was a dream scenario for a L.A. native like himself, Farmar said if it was truly a dream scenario, he would be the Lakers starting point guard."

like hey, i've had nothing against this guy for the entire time his been on the squad, but if he can't earn the role as starting pg over dfish (i love this man, but i have to be real, he played horribly during the reg season), then good luck trying else where, just be happy you've got two rings.

not this coming season. They don't have the cap space

yeah, can't forget turiaf's contract.

raja bell to the lakers?

i like it

he's a fiesty defender, can spread the floor, and knock down 3s like how he did with the suns.

his feud with kobe must have died by now.

mutual interest between lakers and raja bell ? tell me it isn't so. he'd be a great role player for the bench, i just can't find myself to support him if it ever goes through. plus he's been injured for the passed 1-2 years now, he's in his 30's, good chance there's not much left in the tank for him.

i think we won't be seeing farmar next season on the lakers as well. the lakers front office and farmar have shown disinterest in eachother these passed few years.

"When Farmar was asked prior to Game 7 if playing the Celtics in a do-or-die situation to win a championship was a dream scenario for a L.A. native like himself, Farmar said if it was truly a dream scenario, he would be the Lakers starting point guard."

like hey, i've had nothing against this guy for the entire time his been on the squad, but if he can't earn the role as starting pg over dfish (i love this man, but i have to be real, he played horribly during the reg season), then good luck trying else where, just be happy you've got two rings.

As long as the Zen master is the Lakers' coach, Farmar will never start, he can't run the triangle or benefit from it. He don't trust the triangle offense system at all, and in games he likes to do things on his own ways. The triangle definitely affected his growth as a player, he should definitely go somewhere else if he wants to reach full potential.

Crazy talk, but if Phil is not coming back, the Lakers should go after for a true point guard. Maybe trade for Chris Paul.

Other news: Blazers reject offer of #4 pick for Batum

Hmm... Batum or Cousins/Favors. I don't know...Batum have potential to be a Bowen type of defender while dropping 15ppg~. And the Trailblazers have Oden already, who can be the best big man in the league if he can stay healthy. Too early to give up on Oden, I think it was an good decision to reject the offer. They have the pieces, the system, and the only thing missing in the championship puzzle is healthy players. Maybe pick up some free agents like Ray Allen, Mcgrady, or Rip Hamilton.

What happens with picks 3-5 will be interesting.

From what I've read, it looks like the Nets (3rd pick) want Wesley Johnson but want to slide down if at all possible to get him. Timberwolves (4th) insist they'll pick the best available player and aren't looking to move up. Kings (5th) say they'll pick DeMarcus Cousins if he's available.

Supposedly, the Nets want to try to sign Boozer to fill their power forward void rather than looking into the draft. For a while now, the T-Wolves were always looking for that big man to play alongside Al Jefferson so that Jefferson could play at his natural 4 position, but it looks like they're trying to shop him now.

Guest melo.breeze

sheed retires. celtics looking like they may need to rebuild with rayray entering free agency and the status on doc still unknown.

i wonder if detroit will retire sheed's jersey ...

and zomg, the situation with pj whether he'll return or not is making me anxious. the reality of it is, is that he's 65 years old and still not enjoying retirement. he's mentioned that he's leaning towards retiring, so has his daughter ... *sighs* what makes it worse is, cleveland office are trying to get shaw/scott as their new headcoach, so we can potentially lose both phil and shaw this offseason.

edit: shannon chooses to opt out of his final year with the lakers.

pierce is choosing to opt out of his contract ... WTF !! i had mad respect for the guy for sticking with a single team this long, so if he chooses to sign with another team, i'm gon be an official pierce hater. LOL !

Guest mazdaspeedrx8

What happens with picks 3-5 will be interesting.

From what I've read, it looks like the Nets (3rd pick) want Wesley Johnson but want to slide down if at all possible to get him. Timberwolves (4th) insist they'll pick the best available player and aren't looking to move up. Kings (5th) say they'll pick DeMarcus Cousins if he's available.

Supposedly, the Nets want to try to sign Boozer to fill their power forward void rather than looking into the draft. For a while now, the T-Wolves were always looking for that big man to play alongside Al Jefferson so that Jefferson could play at his natural 4 position, but it looks like they're trying to shop him now.

I'm interested on what Kahn will pull during the FA madness, I mean last year he Drafted 3 point guards then traded the most NBA ready player he drafted (Ty Lawson). This year he drafted 3 SF traded one to get Webster and a brazilian center (who i believe wont be seeing till next next season like rubio). I have a feeling that somehow someway he'll pull something out of his richard simmons and grab Rudy Gay coz you know he's David Kahn LOL!!

Ahh Kahn you're so amusing

Archived